There it goes

Then it Stops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chanyeol, you do not need to answer the press about the issue. Stay silent and I am warning you, do not cause an outburst out there or it will assure the end of your career in an instant"

Joonmyeon, Chanyeol's manager,  warned him about the impending disaster.

The tall man only nodded and stayed silent.

"I am going to keep a watchful eye on you until the issue is dissolved," Joonmyeon said while crossing his arms on his chest with eyes full of dissapointment directed to Chanyeol.

This is what I sowed after being an , Chanyeol thought. 

They both went their way out of the company and the press is already crowded outside.

, Chanyeol cursed.

As they were walking in the lobby, at the distance Chanyeol is already hearing the clicking sound of cameras and murmurs.

They reached the exit and that is when the reporters made their way to reach the tall man. He ducked his head and directed his eyes to the floor.

I am the prey of the press tonight, he sighed mentally.

"Chanyeol-ssi, is it true that you are taking drugs?"

A reporter shoved the mic in front of Chanyeol. I may or may not want to punch this person, he thought but he held back. 

"Is it true that you got Irene pregnant?"

Another one. 

"Shut up," Chanyeol whispered behind his mask.

He clenched his fist in the pocket of his jacket because he knows that he has little to no self control. He hears some hurtful questions but he payed no heed to them, he is already immune to those kind of people.

Before another reporter throw another question to him, the goon shielded him away and fortunately, they made their way inside the car. 

Inside, Chanyeol is already fuming and with a harsh grunt, he ripped his glasses and mask away from his face and he threw it.

"Damn that, I badly want to break their neck. I am itching for a cigarette because of how messed up my life is right now," he said while whisking his hair away from his forehead.

This is not what I want to happen in my life. I had a dream better than this.

"Aah, yes that dream," he diverted his eyes outside and he looked at the slow pace of city life. 

I was once one of the ordinary people before. 

As the car passes by the large skyscrapers, city lights illuminates his unreadable face. 

He pondered about life and the dreaded thought resurfaced.

Love was greater than my dream. 

He remembered how it changed him for the better and how without it, it made him into someone he does not completely know and because of that he came to this point where dream was bigger than love. 

He has this excuse that if he did not bargain love for his dream, he would be stuck in that ordinary life where people only aspire but they do not work to reach what they are aspiring, they only at other people's feet. Because he had seen how his family break apart because of it. He had seen how his mother wants and dreams a lot of things but his father can only give her what his wage can afford because that is how his dad loves his mom. He had seen how his mom leech their rich neighbor when his dad is not around. He had seen how his dad got mad and killed their neighbor that got him into a lifetime imprisonment. He had seen how his mom left him and his dad to escape from her mistakes. 

From that, his dad commited suicide in the prison. He was sorry for his family. How he did not acted as the father and husband. He died without even knowing the love Chanyeol has for him. He died without knowing that he had done enough, his mother is not just contented. 

"After all this, I still made the right decision," he said under his breath.

But there is this voic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter