Again I was misunderstood.

Misunderstanding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon.

Oh , not again.

I knew I needed to stay calm and assess the situation, but Jessica showing up here tonight had really thrown me off. And not to mention a very pregnant Tiffany waddling across my floor, groaning in pain, was putting me a little outside my comfort zone. My head was spinning like a ing top.

Think, Taeyeon.

I checked on Jessica again. She was sprawled across my bed where I’d laid her down, and her body was limp and pale. She was breathing, but she wasn’t responding to my voice or touch. She had passed out cold from the shock of finding me in my bedroom with Tiffany. I would have to deal with the repercussions later. My guess was that Jessica had flew back from her extended stay in Paris, and finding me with Tiffany in my bedroom—along with the soundtrack of Tiffany's moans—had Jessica assuming the worst.....again, ing again.

The last time it happened, I had spent days trying to prove my innocence, our parents had to interfere before she could believe I had done nothing with Yoona.

Now, I tried to get Tiffany to sit down and rest, but she pushed me away, insisting that walking was helping.

Knowing I was seriously out of my element, I grabbed my cell phone and dialed my best friend, Sunny. She had a baby; surely she’d know if this was false labor or the real thing.

“Soonkyu-yah, yeah. Hey, Tiffany thinks she’s going into labor, but she’s not due for another several weeks—”

Sunny cut me off, saying something about a guy named Braxton Hicks and timing contractions, but before I could hear the rest, Tiffany let out a bloodcurdling scream.

“I’m peeing, I think I’m peeing! Am I peeing?” She squatted on the floor, her pants growing darker with a wet stain.

”What the k?” I cursed under my breath and crossed the room to give her a hand.

Sunny, overhearing the entire thing, laughed. “Her water just broke. Get her to the hospital. This baby’s coming early.”

Christ. “Jessica's here and passed out—I can’t just leave her. Can you come over?”

“Sorry, I’m out of town with my boss,” Sunny said.

“All right. Gotta go, Soonkyu.”

“Good luck.”

I hung up the phone and helped Tiffany remove her wet pants and underwear, then gave her a pair of new ones. I’d worry about cleaning up the puddle of water on my floor later. In all the commotion, Hayeon had come upstairs and was now peeking around the open doorway. “It’s okay, Hayeon-ah, you can come in.”

She ventured inside the room slowly, looking around at the two women, her eyes as big as saucers. Jessica was still out cold. “What happened here unnie?” she asked.

“Sica's all right, I promise. And Tiffany is going to have her baby.”

Tiffany let out a low moan and sat down on the bed next to Jessica. Doing the only thing I could, I picked up my phone and dialed 911. The paramedics could make sure Jessica was all right and give Tiffany a lift to the hospital. While I waited for them to arrive, I sent Hayeon downstairs to gather up some towels. She didn’t need to be up here seeing Tiffany in agonizing pain and worrying about Jessica. It wasn’t healthy for her little mind to try to process all that was happening. I was having a hard enough time keeping my own stress level contained.

A few minutes later I heard sirens and ran downstairs to meet the paramedics. One man and one woman rushed inside and followed me and a wide-eyed Hayeon up the stairs to my attic bedroom.

They assessed Tiffany and determined that she was in active labor and got her ready for transportation. Then they turned their attention to Jessica. I didn’t breathe a full, deep breath until I saw her eyelids flutter and open. Her eyes met mine, and all the fear and anxiety knotting inside me relaxed just slightly.

“Hey, angel.” I leaned over her on the bed and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

“What happened?” she asked, pushing up on her elbows to sit up.

Hayeon edged herself closer, nearly climbing into her lap. It seemed I wasn’t the only one who’d been worried about her.

“Hayeon, give her some space.”

Jessica took her hand and squeezed, showing her that she was okay.

“You came in and saw me and Tiffany, and you passed out,” I explained.

Her gaze shot over to where Tiffany was sitting on the sofa with the paramedics on either side of her. “Oh my God, is she okay?”

“She’s in labor. They’re gonna take her to the hospital. She came here about an hour ago, complaining of a backache and contractions, and said she didn’t have anywhere else to go, that jerk Yuri had dumped her.”

Jessica chewed on her lip, taking in the chaos across the room.

“Miss?” One o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter