Mistake

treat you right

Jiwoo stares at her phone, several messages from Ha Sooyoung was showing on her screen. She clutched her phone closely to her chest, tears threatening to fall out of her eyes as she remembered the painful memory that happened a while ago.

______________________________________________________


"You can't keep treating Jiwoo like this Sooyoung!" shouted Jinsol. Sooyoung rolled her eyes thoughtfully.


"You're so annoying Jinsol. Also, why are you even concerned about us?" Sooyoung asks, spinning herself on the  chair. She then looks down at her phone,  Jiwoo's contact appearing on her screen. 


"It's not like we have anything between us."


Jinsol widened here eyes, disbeliefment filling her eyes. "It's so blatantly obvious that you like her though.." Jinsol trailed off.


Sooyoung flinched. Hard. She then procceded to slam the desk and stood up, and shoved Jinsol hard, making her land onto the bed.


"I told you a hundred, ing times already," her voice roars throughout the room.

 

"I don't like Jiwoo!"


The sound of cups falling down could be heard and the two girls snapped their heads to the entrance, only to find Junguen and Jiwoo standing there with blank expressions. Tears then started to pool around Jiwoo's eyes while Junguen clenched her teeth, holding back herself from punching Sooyoung.

 

"..... I'm- I'm sorry. I'll just go-"

 

", Jiwoo wait!"


But before Sooyoung could move, Jiwoo had sprinted out of the room to exit the building. A series of clapping noises then made way to the silence that filled the room after Jiwoo's dissapearance.

 

"Congratulations for winning the award for Biggest Jerk of the Year! How does that make you feel?" Junguen asked sarcastically. Sooyoung shot her a glare but did nothing else and just grabbed the jacket on her chair.


"- I don't have time for this!" she slammed the door behind her, leaving the two blondes alone in the room. 
They simply looked at each other and sighed.

___________________________________________________

 This was bad. Really bad. Where should Sooyoung even look for her in the first place? God, she never even meant all of that! Jinsol was just being infuriating and a pain in the that those words just blurted out of her lips. Honestly, what is she even going to say when she meets Jiwoo? If, she finds her that is. She could have been anywhere in such a big city. Sighing to herself, Sooyoung continued running to all the places Jiwoo could have dissapeared to.

___________________________________________________

Rain had started to fall and everyone around Jiwoo had ran for shelter due to the sudden downpour. Everyone, but Jiwoo of course. Her feet could not move from the spot she was standing on. Her heart felt as if it was ripped and torn apart, then stepped on repeatedly for good measure. She knew loving Sooyoung was going to be painful, she just knew it. But, she never braced herself for the amount of pain she was going to feel. Her clothes were soaking, her hair was damp and Jiwoo would want nothing else other than to dissapear right now. Sooyoung's words sliced through her heart like daggers everytime she replayed it in her mind.


"I don't like Jiwoo!"


Jiwoo then started to weep uncontrallabally. Why was love so painful? It wasn't as sweet and exhilarating as it was conveyed through letters, through songs. It left a bitter taste and it was choking her alive. She knew Sooyoung never really felt anything for her yet, she still wanted to be with her. Jiwoo let out an empty chuckle. Maybe they'll finally break things off once and for all.


 They could still remain as friends right? Sooyoung would probaly find someone new. Somebody who she could finally love genuinely. Somebody who she could feel comfortable with all the time. Somebody that could give Sooyoung everything she wanted.

 

Somebody that wasn't her. 

 

Jiwoo never stood a chance after all.


Suddenly, the sound of tyres screeching and water splashing could be faintly heard. Jiwoo turned her head to find the source of such a terrible sound. All of a sudden, a speeding car had came into her field of vision too fast for her liking. Then, everything had turned to dark.

___________________________________________________

Sooyoung was still frantically searching for Jiwoo in the heavy rain. She was soaking wet and had gained a lot of stares but she didn't gave a . What went through her mind was the image of a girl full of tears standing at the entrance of her room.


Jiwoo.


Jiwoo.


, Jiwoo where are you?

 

She then felt her phone vibrating in the pocket of her jeans. She fished it out, hoping that it would be Jiwoo, even though it was deemed impossible considering the situation they were in now. To her dissapointment, it was none other than Jinsol's contact number appearing on her phone screen. She was reluctant to pick up at first but her roommate might have some information about Jiwoo's whereabouts.


"Hello?" Sooyoung answered with a strained voice.

 


"Sooyoung! Thank god you picked up-"

 


"Do you know where Jiwoo is?" asked Sooyoung, desperation filling her voice.

 

 

"Okay- Sooyoung, first of all, I'm going to have you to calm down when I say this-"

 

 

What? What was Jinsol going to say that required her to calm down?

 

"Is it about Jiwoo? Did something happen to her because if she's not okay, I swear to god I'll-" Sooyoung's voice was cracking.

 

"Sooyoung, breathe," Jinsol's voice was steady to avoid the brunette panicking, "Calm down first. The last thing the world needs right now is you overreacting so if you could just listen-"

 


"Jinsol. What. The . Happened?" 

 


The caller on the sender end turned silent before Jinsol spoke again, her voice so audibly quiet that it could be considered a whisper. 


"Jiwoo got into a car accident."

 

Sooyoung felt all the colours from her face being drained out. Her lips started to quiver and her body was trembling violently. She feels like the time she was told her father wasn't going to come home anymore. She should have known better. Nothing good comes out from being in love when you only get hurt in the end.


Love?


Wait-

 

She loved- 

 

Jiwoo?

 

Sooyoung let out a shaky laugh. What a time to realise her goddamn feelings for a girl who was possibly dead by now. The aching feeling in her chest returns to haunt her yet again. Her cheeks were not wet by the rain but mostly, the hot tears that streamed down her face.


She's so stupid.

 

"Hey, Sooyoung! Bastard- you have the audacity to leave me hanging!" a loud voice makes Sooyoung snaps back to reality. Only then did she realise that she never ended the call with Jinsol.


"Jiwoo's still alive you ing idiot, if you thought she wasn't. She has minor injuries but she's mostly fine-"


Alive? Jiwoo is?

 

"Which hospital?" Sooyoung asks, cutting Jinsol's words off.

 

"Umm...the one next to that tteokbboki restaurant we always drop by-"

 

Sooyoung looks around and finds herself familiar with the area. If she sprints, she'll probaly make it in around, 10 minutes? She's going to risk everything if that meant a chance to clear up things with Jiwoo and finally responding to the girl's feelings. She needs Jiwoo to know that she likes her too. That she's also madly in love with Jiwoo too. Sooyoung starts running faster, leaving Jinsol to talk with herself on the phone.

 

"Hello?? Earth to mothering Sooyoung-"

 

Beep.


She ends the call. She knows that she's going to get an earful when she meets Jinsol again but she doesn't care. The only thing that kept her worried was-


What if Jiwoo hates her?

 

What if Jiwoo doesn't even want to see her anymore?

 

'Don't give a damn about that. Just go.' her subconcious says. That gave Sooyoung the push she needed. She thinks this is the fastest she's ever ran in her life. Even faster than her school record in middle school. People were giving her looks as they wondered why was a grown- woman sprinting down the road in damp clothes. Yet, Sooyoung still doesn't give a damn. Right now, Jiwoo was her upmost priority.

 

She arrives at said hospital five minutes earlier than expected. She stops to catch her damn breath because she literally feels like fainting but she can't faint now because she needs to see Jiwoo. After a few breathing exercises, she trudged to the counter to ask for Jiwoo's room number. She then proceeded to climb up the stairs after receiving her room number since waiting for the elevator felt like excruciatingnly long and it felt like hell. Upon arriving, she was met with many familiar faces waiting expectantly in the corridor. When they see Sooyoung, their faces turned into an unpleasant expression, as if they had smelt the most revolting blue cheese in the world. Honestly, Sooyoung doesn't blame them. After all, who wants to see the face of the person who broke their beloved friend's heart?  


Sooyoung was then met with a slap across her face. Instinctively, she brought her hand to her cheeks, rubbing in in circles. It stung, but it was only for a moment.

 

"Thanks," Sooyoung flashes a smile, " I needed that."


"You have no right to be here." Junguen spat out coldly. Chaewon then stepped out from behind Junguen and was more than ready to throw hands at Sooyoung before Hyejoo acted quickly, holding back the older girl.


"Wha- Hyejoo let me go!" shouted Chaewon in frustration. "This is the reason Jiwoo's even here in the first place!"

 

Hyejoo simply dragged Chaewon away from getting any closer to Sooyoung while she tried to squirm out of the younger girl's grip.

 

Sooyoung looked down at her feet, not denying the statement. This all happened because of her damn mouth. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder and found herself at eye level with Jinsol. She looks at the brunette with a pitiful expression.


"I think you need to sort out things with Jiwoo, once and for all."

 

Sooyoung blinked back the tears that almost fell again on her cheeks and managed to give a slight nod. This might be her last chance after all.