final

just say yes

-

“Watch out, lover girl is coming your way.” Yerin winked at her. She furrowed her brows, confused for a second before, as if on cue, she heard her name being called.

“Hey, Kim!”

Not again.

Sowon groaned. She hunched further over her breakfast, flattening the silver and blue tie to her chest. She tried her hardest to pretend that some idiot was not calling her name across the Gryffindor table and continues eating. Yerin snickered and she kicked her shin under the table. The other girl’s protests were drowned out by her name being called again. This time it’s louder, closer.

“Hey, Kim!”

Sowon rolled her eyes, she turned to the source of the voice and was met with a certain blonde, red and gold scarf draping on her shoulders.

“Can I help you?” Sowon countered, not even hiding the tinge of annoyance in her voice.

“Yeah, you can,” The Gryffindor seeker was all cocky grin, “Go out on a date with me.”

“No.” Sowon deadpanned, swiveling back to face the table. “Just like the other billion times I’ve told you.”

“Come on,” Sinb coaxed, flopping herself beside the older girl. They were already receiving stares from the other Ravenclaw students, but Sinb was not deterred.

“Hogsmeade week is coming, just let me take you.”

Sowon fought back an exasperated sigh. “I’m not going anywhere with you.”

Sinb clicked her tongue, “You’re totally missing out, you know.”

“I’m sure.” Sowon said, voice dripping with sarcasm. She checked her watch. Her class will be starting in exactly 30 minutes and she still have to pick up her bags in the dormitory. It’s Defence Against the Dark Arts first thing in a Monday morning with Professor Cowell, and he’s not too keen with the idea of students being late. She cringed at the thought of their glum professor.

She pushed her plate away and stood up, brushing her robe for the non-existent dust. “If you’ll excuse me, I have classes to attend. You know those things? Those things where you don’t turn up to?”

Sinb’s smirk turned into a lazy smile, “I’m already smart enough. I don’t need those things,” and that was why Sowon will always say no. The young blonde seeker was just so full of herself.

“Yeah, well, unlike some other people out there, I actually want to do well and pass my O.W.Ls.”

She whipped past Sinb, not even giving the younger girl a chance to make a comment on how the Ravenclaws are so nerdy.

“I’m gonna make you say yes, Kim.” Sinb shouted after her.

“I’d like to see you try, Hwang.” Sowon challenged, not once looking back.

-

It’s not like Sinb was not attractive. Sowon was not blind. Yerin would sometimes drag her to watch Quidditch practice and the young seeker would be damp with sweat causing the uniform to cling on her body tightly. A few strands of blonde hair would stick to her face as her eyes pierces right through Sowon’s . Sinb would constantly glance at her, smirk permanently in place.

Sowon can see it all, and she thinks that Hwang Sinb is hot.

But she also thinks that she’s an idiot.

Sinb was everything that Sowon despises; lazy, obnoxious and arrogant. Sinb was the epitome of trouble. She was known for blowing up potions and hexing people just for the fun of it. So yeah, as much as Sowon finds her attractive, the negative parts of her will always weigh it down.

She was walking briskly along the corridors the first time it happened. She was already late for her next class when Sinb came up to her, oozing with confidence — of course. Sowon just scowled at her, shutting her down completely before scampering off. She thought that Sinb was just teasing her that time.

Until the next day, it happened again. And again after that. And again, and again, and again, and again. That’s when Sowon found out that she meant it. But it doesn’t mean that she’ll say yes.

Sinb doesn’t really like her. Sowon was just a challenge. Sinb wanted to take Sowon out on a date just so she could feel her up a bit and then go and brag it to her Quidditch friends afterwards, claiming that she conquered the Ravenclaw nerd.

As soon as Sowon gives in, Sinb will surely lose interest. She hates the irrational part of her mind that was dreading for that day to come.
She’s crushing on someone she’d been rejecting over the past few months. The irony.

-

On Tuesday, Sinb asked during their free time outside the field. Sowon was happily enjoying the warm breeze of air, humming a tune when an old parchment was thrown, or much rather, flew her way. She scrunched her nose in confusion until she catched a glimpse of what was written inside. She crumpled the paper and wanded it to flames.

On Wednesday, Sinb asked by creeping up on her in the library. She almost jumped at the sudden intrusion. Almost. The librarian hissed, shushing them. Sowon had irritably threw her stuffs in her bag before indignantly saying ‘No’ and walking away.

Thursday was less eventful. She hadn’t really saw the Gryffindor seeker due to the excessive Quidditch practices that they were doing. Not like she was tracking the younger girl’s whereabouts, no. She did saw her at dinner though, and Sinb was insistent as ever. Sowon ignored the girl as she passed by the Gryffindor table.

When Friday came, Sowon was already contemplating on not coming to Hogsmeade because her homeworks were piling up and if Sowon hated one thing, it’s being left behind with her studies. She was comfortably lounging at one of the Ravenclaw common room’s couch, Care of Magical Creatures book resting on her lap. It was just lunch time so she still has classes after this, but she just can’t seem to bring herself up to the Great Hall because the couch was so comfy. A clearing of throat interrupted her mulling thoughts.

Sowon snaps her head up. Yewon was standing before her, a second year Ravenclaw.

“Hi, Yewon.”

Yewon looks at her sheepishly, scuffing her shoe on the carpeted floor. “Hey, unnie.”

Yewon, the step sister of Sinb. When she first found out that she will be rooming with the younger girl, Sowon’s heart had sunk because great, another person who is related to that numbnuts. Her mind was so set that whoever comes from the girl’s bloodline is trouble. Well, they’re not really related. But still.

However though, she was pleasantly surprised when she met the younger girl. Yewon was nothing like her sister, she was nice and well behaved. She actually exceeded past her criticisms.

“Are you okay?”

“I am,” Yewon continued warily, “I actually came here to talk to you about something.”

“Okay?” Sowon drawled, she patted the empty space beside her, motioning for the other girl to sit.

Yewon obliged, “You, uh, know my step sister right?”

Sowon frownd, confusion was etched on her face. “Yeah.”

“Great, uh,” Yewon stuttered, “Are you going to the Hogsmeade tomorrow?”

“I wasn’t really planning to.” Sowon admitted, “Why?”

Yewon avoided eye contact, “Could you, maybe, go with my sister?”

Sowon pulled back, aghast, “Are you asking me out for your sister?”

“Y-yes?” Yewon blinked, as if that answers everything. Sowon was still staring at her blankly. “Look, I swear, she did not put me up to this. I mean, she would probably hex me if she finds out about this. But I know that she asks you out everyday, and you always say no. I was just thinking that this time maybe, just maybe, you could say yes?”

She’s not sure how to handle this situation. Sowon’s jaw was hanging slack, with Sinb, it’s easy to say no. It’s easy to see the smirk on her face. The arrogant tone of her voice that annoys her to no end. But not when it comes to Yewon, the soft spoken and timid glances Yewon.

“Sinb doesn’t really want me.” Sowon mumbles, trying to tame the disappointment in her voice. “I’m just a chase to her.”

“Do you really think that?” Yewon asked incredulously, “Unnie, no. No. She actually likes you. How could you not know that? She’s been asking you out everyday for the past few months. Do you really think that she would put up for this long if she’s not serious about you?”

Well, if you kind of put it that way…

"But, I- She- ,” Sowon stammerred, her mind not forming coherent sentences.

“I know she can be a jerk, and cocky.” Yewon interjected quickly, “But over the summer, she wouldn’t shut up about you. She even told our mom that someday, she’ll bring you along and make you eat mom’s baked pumpkin pie. Unnie, my sister is already half in love with you."

Sowon gaped at Yewon in shock. She got onto her feet, not even bothering to pick up the book that had slipped from her lap. She paced around the Ravenclaw’s common room, thinking about how she’d been so stupid over the past few months.

"Is she still at lunch?” And Yewon nods enthusiastically, “Okay. Okay. I, uh, be right back.”

And then she was out of the door, shoes scuffling against the cold pavement that leads to the Great Hall. Her heart was hammering out of her ribcage as the blood rushed in her ears. She could vaguely hear someone yelling, chastising her for running but Sowon could not find it in herself to care.

She nudged the Great Hall doors open, the chattering noises of the students filled her ears. She scanned the crowd, her eyes immediately landing on a certain house table. She spotted Sinb talking to one of her friends, Eunha. She walked up to them before she loses the courage.

She went to Sinb’s side and tapped her shoulder. The young blonde looked up, her smile faltering slightly, but it soon turned into a smirk. She stood up, invading Sowon’s personal space.

This time, Sowon did not pull away.

“Finally came here to say yes?”

“No,” And this time, for the first time, she saw a flash of hurt cross the younger girl’s eyes but it was immediately covered with her signature smirk. “But I came here to ask you something.”

“Oh, yeah?” Sinb furrowed her brows. Sowon nods. “What is it then? Tell me.”

Sowon heaved a deep sigh, “Do you tell your mother about me?” Sinb blinked and then faltered slightly. Sowon just needed to know. “Sinb, just tell me the truth. Have you been telling your mother that someday, you’ll bring me along to your house to taste her pumpkin pie?”

“Have you been talking to Yewon?” When she was met with Sowon’s silence, she answered. “I- well. Uh, yes.” Her confidence was suddenly drained out from her.

Sowon’s face lit up with a smile, something warm was spreading inside her chest. “Okay, that’s good then.”

Sinb didn’t even had the chance to look confuse for long because Sowon was suddenly grabbing the Gryffindor’s tie and then she was crashing their lips together.

She gently coaxes Sinb into kissing her back, as warm arms s around her waist. She buried her hand in the younger girl’s hair, finding it smooth and silky. Sinb groaned deep into the kiss, and despite everything, Sowon allows her lips to smile. They ignored the hoots, and catcalls of the students around them.

She pulled away later, both slightly out of breath. “Ask me again.”

Sinb  her lip, tasting the remnants of the Ravenclaw girl’s lip gloss. “Hey, Kim,” her voice was thick and hoarse when she speaks, “Go on a date with me.”

“Gladly.”

Sinb chuckled, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead, and Sowon finds that she could definitely get use to this.

 

-

a/n: hogwarts au is my weakness. that is all.