1/1

Rest

 

5:25 AM

Hanbin peeled one eye open into the darkness, his alarm blaring loudly into his ear. Without sparing a glance he turned the alarm off and lay there in his bed staring up into the darkness fighting off the sleep that blurred his vision. After a few minutes he remembered the time and sat up with a sigh. He swung his legs over the side of his bed and slowly walked into the bathroom for a shower.

5:40 AM

He stood in front of the mirror with a cheap hairdryer against his head, watching his chocolate coloured hair wave back and forth. He looked down when he brushed his teeth and checked the time on his phone before spitting and turning the light back off. Slowly he grabbed his keys, grabbed his bag and turned to look at his small apartment before shutting the door and walking down the dark street.

Hanbin shivered slightly as he passed sleeping houses. He sighed at his lack of hair drying as his damp hair brushed his cheeks and his lack of remembering that it was no longer summer. Time went too fast for him lately. He was almost at his morning work place, an old gas station convenience store, when a reminder popped up on his phone. REMEMBER BREAKFAST. He had forgotten that too, again.

6:00 AM

He entered the store and the young man behind the counter waved his hand without looking up from his magazine. Some hot celebrity was on the front.

“Morning.”

“Morning, Yunhyeong.”

Hanbin passed him into the staff room to get changed into a uniform he hated. When he returned the store was still empty and Yunhyeong had changed magazines. Hanbin sat on the stool next to him and rested his head against one hand, waiting for his day to begin.

His morning hours consisted of sweeping the floor, frowning at packaged food that had expired 4 months ago, restocking food, taking note of food and sweeping the floor again. Yunhyeong, as always, snacked on whatever he could reach and read through marvel comics while occasionally doing his job at the counter when customers came inside to pay for gas.

After 3 hours had passed of the same routine Hanbin always went through, he glanced up at the clock, watching the second hand going round and round, getting ready to leave. 2 minutes left. His foot unconsciously swung backwards and forwards. Yunhyeong opened another packet of pringles. 1 minute left. He counted the seconds in his head and had already started turning his body towards the staff room. No minutes left and he leapt out of his stool and changed quickly, his bag was roughly pulled over his shoulder as he came back out and jogged to the door.

“See you tomorrow.” Yunhyeong called out from behind a hand full of skittles.

“See you.”

 

9:20 AM

He opened the door to the Little Brown café and flashed a quick smile to another young man behind the counter who had enthusiastically waved at him. He quickly changed into his second uniform in the staff room and stood behind the counter while tying a green apron over his maroon coloured shirt.

“Sorry I’m late, Donghyuk.” He breathed out.

“No worries, hardly anyone has come yet.” Donghyuk patted his shoulder and gave him a gentle smile. Hanbin nodded back at him, not sure how to respond as usual. The little café only had five people seated inside at the moment so Hanbin took an opportunity to make himself a rich coffee which he drunk quickly, making Donghyuk cringe at him and wonder how he could do that to himself.

Up until 12, Hanbin had been running around with Donghyuk, taking turns to get orders and making drinks, dancing around each other in the limited space they had. There were a few incidents where they made the same drink for one person or forgot who had taken whose order but it was a cycle they had followed for months now and it wasn’t going to change any time soon. When 12 rolled around they had a small 20 minute break, swapping with two other workers that Hanbin had only passed few sentences to over his time working there. They sat behind the coffee shop on boxes, Hanbin with an iced vanilla latte and Donghyuk with a whole picnic.

When Donghyuk had set out his three types of sandwiches, multiple rice balls and various types of sushi he glanced up at Hanbin and sighed at him with a frown. “You aren’t going without lunch again.”

Hanbin shrugged. He wasn’t in the mood for the same lecture from his colleague so he tuned himself out while he went off in a long rant about looking after himself and staying healthy. He stared out at the carpark and noted all the colours and counted all the red ones, all the blue ones and then he got tired of that and opted to staring at clouds and making faces out of them instead.

“That’s it I’m making you lunch from now on.” Donghyuk huffed out. Hanbin blinked out of his daze and shook his head quickly.

“No don’t do that, I was just in a rush.”

“You’ve been in a rush for three weeks.”

Hanbin averted his eyes and Donghyuk slammed a rice ball into his hand.

 

3:00 PM

Hanbin changed quickly out of his uniform and left before Donghyuk could give him a proper goodbye. He jogged down the street and towards the station that was b with people. He managed to find a seat on the train and spent the journey staring at his feet.

The train finally stopped at his destination and he spilled out into another crowd. He always found it suffocating in the city and today was no different. Hanbin jogged out into the city, dodging as many people as he could until he reached a small building, a theatre to be exact. One that although was small and old with broken seats and a dodgy stage was a very popular place. Shows were always being held during the week and people from all ages got involved.

Hanbin fished out keys from his trouser pocket and opened a small door. He was early so he spent time getting changed into his cleaning uniform, a white bodysuit with black boots. Gloves were also in his locker but he put them under one arm as they were extremely unpleasant to wear, extremely clammy and they rubbed. Other workers walked inside after a while and they silently greeted each other. Hanbin grabbed his bucket and broom and went out after placing his hat on his head and pulling the front low over his eyes.

Time went by ever so slowly as he spent hours sweeping the floor, putting rubbish away and eventually cleaning the windows. His arms ached and his shoulders were stiff but he continued. From where he was sitting at the large window he had a great view of the city and he found himself watching the people from down below and getting lost in thought.

A few guys found him after an hour of people watching and they moved to the main theatre stage to repaint the walls. The theatre was putting on another play and a group of people sat in front of the main director as she talked through something. Hanbin glanced at them before continuing from where he was now sat up high near the ceiling. The director clapped loudly and suddenly the group all stood up and moved into positions on the stage. This wasn’t the first time Hanbin had witnessed a rehearsal, in fact he had seen too many, but it never failed to interest him.

Taking off his head briefly to wipe at his fringe, wrist aching and clicking as he did so, Hanbin noticed how the stage quietened and a boy with curly light brown hair stood up in the middle and began speaking. It was a Shakespeare play, Macbeth, he noticed. The boy spread his arms out, they were toned and Hanbin couldn’t help but wrinkle his nose at his own. He felt a slight slap on his back and turned to see his colleague, an old man that assisted him most days, smile at him.

“Let’s try to get this done quickly okay? My back is killing me.”

Hanbin agreed by stretching his own back which clicked loudly and satisfyingly. He dipped his brush back into the blue paint but not before catching the boy’s voice. It was louder and he could hear how rough it sounded. A pleasant kind of rough, he thought.

After they finished one section of the wall they climbed back down. The theatre group was on a break after going through a large section of the script so Hanbin and the old man swept the stage floor. He could see the footmarks and sighed, sweeping a bit harder. Hanbin looked up from where he stood to look at the rows and rows of chairs. Since the lights were on the stage he could see what it looked like from the actors’ point of view and for a moment forgot who he was. It was an exposing feeling, like there really were people in the crowd watching him and he quickly turned away back to the floor before he got too lost in the sensation.

He heard footsteps from in front of him so he looked up and there was the curly haired boy from before. He certainly looked much better on ground level than from above. He wore a navy t-shirt that complimented his muscles and jeans. He walked past Hanbin, grabbed a bag and walked back backstage. Hanbin watched him leave and turned back to the floor before jumping off stage and following the old man back to the staff room.

7:00 PM

Hanbin jogged out of the theatre and made it across the busy street all in one piece before trying his best to run without knocking anyone over. He made it to his final work place, a restaurant, and changed into his last uniform, a black shirt an apron tied around his waist. It was an awfully busy night and Hanbin was left feeling completely breathless throughout.

It was a miracle how he carried five plates to one table while practically running through the restaurant and remembered everyone’s order as well as remembering which tables haven’t been served yet. He rushed around, danced through tables, poured countless drinks, felt his stomach tighten in hunger as he carried boiling hot plates out and still kept a smile as he greeted new customers. With aching limbs and burnt hands he took a brief moment to catch his breath and run a hand down his hot face before bringing more plates out and taking more orders.

At one point a waitress, a young girl that was fairly new, dropped a whole dish of spaghetti all over his trainers. A comedic moment, he thought, if this was a comedy. He spend a while staring at them, before persuading the young girl to carry on waitressing while he went into the bathroom to clean up. Another worker cleaned the mess on the floor while Hanbin awkwardly put his foot up on the sink in the staff toilets and roughly wiped wet toilet paper over them. But the damage had been done and they were stained.

Hanbin sighed, put his foot down and avoided his reflection. Instead bent over the sink and washed his hands and wiped them over his face, dragging his features downwards before standing up straight and exhaling. He walked out the toilets and went back to work.

12 AM came as the last customers left. Hanbin briefly watched the other waitresses and waiters walking out tiredly, stretching their backs with satisfied smiles and parting ways with each other to go home. Hanbin walked into the kitchen where the chefs were also packing up and noticed the large pile of pots, pans and whatever else they used that day.

“Sorry Hanbin, it’s rather a lot today.” One chef said, patting his shoulder sympathetically.

“No, it’s ok. Fridays are worse.” The chef left and he was left with the washing up alongside a tall male he remembered as Koo Junhoe. Junhoe had walked in and dramatically groaned loudly at the sight of his side of the sinks.

“Can’t believe I have to do this.” He growled throughout the night and Hanbin just listened. They were often the ones left behind to clean up and close the restaurant and despite Junhoe’s complaints he always did it. They washed up in silence and all Hanbin could think about was the burning of the hot water against his hands.

It took 2 hours for them both to finish and Hanbin waited for Junhoe’s scream of happiness but it never came. When they closed the shop Junhoe sighed loudly and they caught each other’s eyes.

“My girlfriend just broke up with me.”

Then he left and Hanbin blinked twice before going the other way back to the station.

3:20 AM

Hanbin got onto the train that was almost empty, a drastic difference to earlier. It was a quiet ride home and he found himself finally taking a deep breath.

3:45 AM

Walking home, he shivered and drew his bag closer over his shoulder, holding onto the strap. His steps were slow and dragged out longer than he would have liked but after running around all day he couldn’t move his muscles any faster. His apartment complex came into view and it motivated him to carry on until he was up at his door and stumbled inside. He didn’t turn the light on or change out of his clothes, he only dropped his bag on the floor, drew back his duvet and wrapped himself up, trying not to think about having to get up again in an hour and 35 minutes.

 

 

Hanbin dreamt of the curly haired boy for a reason he couldn’t come up with. He was sat in one of the middle seats in the theatre. It was all dark, he couldn’t see the stage and he although he didn’t know why he was there it felt right so he waited and then a light came on to the middle of the stage. The boy with curly hair stood there with a serious expression.

“Speak, if you can: what are you?” His voice deep and rough. It was silent and Hanbin sat waiting for the witches to say their lines but nothing. The boy was staring at him like he was waiting and Hanbin suddenly felt like the question was averted to him so he replied.

“No one.”

“Stay, you imperfect speakers, tell me more:” His arm stretched out towards him.

Hanbin shrunk down into his seat. He felt embarrassed; he didn’t know what to say so he didn’t. The boy cocked his head to one side and frowned. It felt so real that Hanbin almost forgot this was a dream.

“Come what come may,

Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”

 

He spoke again and Hanbin wondered why he was remembering these quotes. The boy took a step forward on the stage as he dropped his arm but never stopped looking at Hanbin. It felt intimidating but weirdly pleasant at the same time, he couldn’t understand it. Then another spotlight appeared on the stage alongside a voice.

“Worthy Macbeth, we stay upon your leisure.”

There was no one on stage but the boy with curly hair and Hanbin wondered where this dream was going.

“Give me your favour: my dull brain was wrought

With things forgotten. Kind gentlemen, your pains

Are register'd where every day I turn

The leaf to read them. Let us toward the king.

Think upon what hath chanced, and, at more time,

The interim having weigh'd it, let us speak

Our free hearts each to other.”

 

He took another step forward until he jumped down the stage and over the seats up towards Hanbin who bolted upright. The boy was right in front of him, a smile on his face, eyes gone.

 

Then a light appeared on the stage again alongside a female’s voice. “A foolish thought, to say a sorry sight.”

 

Hanbin had once read Macbeth and despite having long forgotten the story, let alone the quotes, he somehow knew this was Lady Macbeth. The story timeline had moved. The boy before him turned away quickly and appeared back on stage facing where Lady Macbeth should be standing despite no one there.

“There's one did laugh in's sleep, and one cried

'Murder!'

That they did wake each other: I stood and heard them:

But they did say their prayers, and address'd them

Again to sleep.”

 

Hanbin leant forwards as he watched. The boy danced around and the light changed to red. Dramatically he held his arms out wide.

“There are two lodged together.” The female’s voice echoed throughout the room. Hanbin noticed the blue he had painted that day dripping down the walls.

“One cried 'God bless us!' and 'Amen' the other;

As they had seen me with these hangman's hands.

Listening their fear, I could not say 'Amen,'

When they did say 'God bless us!'”

 

His voice boomed out and the paint seemed to move like waves, seeping closer.

“Consider it not so deeply.” Lady Macbeth’s voice was softer and continued to echo. Her voice started on Hanbins left ear to end on the right.

“But wherefore could not I pronounce 'Amen'?

I had most need of blessing, and 'Amen'

Stuck in my throat.”

 

The way he spoke and produced himself as this character was so mesmerizing he almost forgot about the blue paint that had now reached his stained trainers.

“These deeds must not be thought

After these ways; so, it will make us mad.”

 

Her voice was faint and his was like thunder. The blue paint became water and it began rising up to his knees.

 

“Methought I heard a voice cry 'Sleep no more!

Macbeth does murder sleep', the innocent sleep,

Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,

The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,

Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,

Chief nourisher in life's feast,--“

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Still it cried 'Sleep no more!' to all the house:

'Glamis hath murder'd sleep, and therefore Cawdor

Shall sleep no more; Macbeth shall sleep no more.’”

 

The water rose up to his neck but he couldn’t move. The words pounded against his chest. Why do I know this? He thought but his dream self knew. The water suddenly filled the whole room. At first Hanbin held his breath in panic, the thought of drowning was so sudden and he thought about all the things he still wanted to do, to see. He thought of his sister and why he was so tired. Sleep.

 

Sleep.

 

He breathed out and felt calm. The water didn’t consume him like he thought it would. He could breathe. It was such an overwhelming feeling he felt like crying but nothing came out. Oh, the water.

 

“Who was it that thus cried? Why, worthy thane,

You do unbend your noble strength, to think

So brainsickly of things. Go get some water,

And wash this filthy witness from your hand.

Why did you bring these daggers from the place?

They must lie there: go carry them; and smear

The sleepy grooms with blood.”

 

She spoke but the words were somehow blurred. A watery touch to them. Somehow he understood. Were they speaking to him?

The spotlight where she should be standing faded out into darkness once again leaving the boy with the curly hair and Hanbin. Then the light too started to fade to blue and he turned his back to him before walking backstage where the light too eventually faded and Hanbin was left in the water. A loneliness spread across his chest and he stood up, he tried walking but it was like he was in space. Everything was slowed down. Frustration.

He tried talking but it really was like talking in water, bubbles came out and popped in front of his eyes, the sound muffled and submerged. The more he moved the more bubbles he produced until they started popping with a loud sound. ARH ARH ARH

 

ARH ARH ARH

Hanbin peeled one eye open into the darkness, his alarm blaring loudly into his ear. It took him a moment to realize that he wasn’t in a dream anymore. He barely glanced at his phone while turning the alarm off and unplugging it from where it was charging. Another day, same routine. He lay in bed for a while thinking of what he was dreaming of. After a few minutes he remembered the time and sat up with a sigh. He swung his legs over the side of his bed and slowly walked into the bathroom for a shower.

He stood in front of the mirror with a cheap hairdryer against his head, watching his chocolate coloured hair wave back and forth. He looked down when he brushed his teeth and checked the time on his phone before spitting and turning the light back off. Slowly he grabbed his keys, grabbed his bag and turned to look at his small apartment before shutting the door and walking down the dark street. He knew he had forgotten his breakfast and lunch again but made no effort to turn back.

Hanbin shivered slightly as he passed sleeping houses. He sighed at his lack of hair drying as his damp hair brushed his cheeks and his lack of remembering that it was no longer summer. Time went too fast for him lately. At least today he chose a better jumper that did a better job at keeping some of the cold out.

He entered the store and the young man behind the counter waved his hand without looking up from his magazine. Some lady in a y Christmas outfit was on the front.

“Morning.”

“Morning, Yunhyeong.”

Hanbin passed him into the staff room to get changed into a uniform he hated. Out of all his uniforms he particularly hated hoe this one looked, felt and made him feel. When he returned the store was still empty and Yunhyeong had changed magazines. Hanbin sat on the stool next to him and rested his head against one hand, waiting for his day to begin.

His morning hours consisted of sweeping the floor, frowning at more packaged food that had expired even later than the day before, restocking food, taking note of food and sweeping the floor again. Yunhyeong, as always, snacked on whatever he could reach and read through Beano comics while occasionally doing his job at the counter when customers came inside to pay for gas.

After 3 hours had passed, he glanced up at the clock from where he was chewing on some beef jerky, watching the second hand going round and round, getting ready to leave. 2 minutes left. He started to slowly put the rest of the packet into his mouth. Yunhyeong opened another packet of biscuits. 1 minute left. He counted the seconds in his head and had already started turning his body towards the staff room. No minutes left and he spun around and changed quickly, his bag was roughly pulled over his shoulder as he came back out and jogged to the door.

“See you tomorrow.” Yunhyeong called out from behind a hand full of maltesers

“See you.”

 

He opened the door to the Little Brown café and flashed a quick smile to Donghyuk behind the counter who had enthusiastically waved at him. He quickly changed into his second uniform in the staff room and stood behind the counter while tying a green apron over his maroon coloured shirt. There was a little stain on it which was new.

“Sorry I’m late, Donghyuk.” He breathed out.

“No worries, we’re still barely open.” Donghyuk patted his shoulder and gave him a gentle smile. Hanbin nodded back at him, not sure how to respond as usual. The little café only had three people seated inside at the moment so Hanbin took an opportunity to make himself a rich coffee which he drunk quickly, making Donghyuk cringe at him and wonder how he could do that to himself again.

When 12 rolled around they had a small 20 minute break, swapping with two other workers that Hanbin had only passed few sentences to over his time working there. They sat behind the coffee shop on boxes, Hanbin with a cup of tea which was against the rules and Donghyuk with a whole picnic.

When Donghyuk had set out his three types of sandwiches, multiple rice balls and various types of sushi he glanced up at Hanbin and sighed at him with a frown. “I told you, I told you you would forget and you did. You don’t deserve me though, you really don’t” and he shoved a container onto Hanbin’s lap.

“What’s this?”

“What do you think? It’s lunch!” Donghyuk huffed but held a proud smile.

“You really didn’t need to do this.” Hanbin averted his eyes and Donghyuk slapped him on the back and told him to be grateful.

They ate their lunch in a comfortable silence.

 

 

Hanbin changed quickly out of his uniform and left before Donghyuk could give him a proper goodbye. He jogged down the street and towards the station that was b with people. He managed to find a seat on the train and spent the journey staring at his feet.

The train finally stopped at his destination and he spilled out into another crowd. He always found it suffocating in the city and today was no different. Hanbin jogged out into the city, dodging as many people as he could until he reached the theatre. Posters of the new Macbeth play were already plastered all over the front of the building.

Hanbin fished out keys from his trouser pocket and opened a small door. He was early so he spent time getting changed into his cleaning uniform.. Other workers walked inside after a while and they silently greeted each other. Hanbin grabbed his bucket and broom and went out after placing his grey hat on his head and pulling the front low over his eyes.

Time went by ever so slowly as he spent hours sweeping the floor, putting rubbish away and eventually finding the old man again to carry on painting what they had started yesterday. As they walked to the main theatre stage Hanbin couldn’t help but remember his dream again. He felt embarrassed by it and slowed down. The old man noticed and gave him a worried look.

“Are you alright, son?”

Hanbin looked up and blinked twice before smiling awkwardly. “Ah, yes, sorry.”

The old man shook his head. “You’re young, I understand.” But Hanbin didn’t understand. He didn’t have the heart to tell him that he’s misunderstood but he couldn’t tell him what was really bothering him either.

They walked into the main theatre and the first thing that Hanbin noticed was how dark it was. He couldn’t see the stage, the curtains were drawn and suddenly a beam of light hit the stage and there stood the curly haired boy. It was déjà vu.

The old man tugged his arm and cocked his head to get moving which brought him out of his shock. The boy spoke with his deep rough voice and Hanbin fought the urge to run. He took his place with his paint above the stage and tried to focus on anything but his voice.

“In restless ecstasy. Duncan is in his grave;

After life's fitful fever he sleeps well;

Treason has done his worst: nor steel, nor poison,

Malice domestic, foreign levy, nothing,

Can touch him further.”

 

He looked down and noticed another beam of light on a female – Lady Macbeth.

 

“Come on;

Gentle my lord, sleek o'er your rugged looks;

Be bright and jovial among your guests to-night.”

 

“So shall I, love; and so, I pray, be you:

Let your remembrance apply to Banquo;

Present him eminence, both with eye and tongue:

Unsafe the while, that we- ah I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten my lines.” The boy broke out of character and turned away, a hand against his head. Hanbin watched, this was different.

 

“Don’t worry, let’s call it a break anyway.” The director stood up, the lights went on and the curtains were pulled. The boy walked off stage and headed towards the doors below Hanbin who panicked a little for some reason and dropped his paintbrush, hitting the boy right on the head.

 

Hanbin gasped, the old man smacked his arm and the boy looked up.

 

“I am terribly sorry!” Hanbin said while going down the latter as quickly as possible, knocking his hat off at the same time. He jumped down and picked up his brush. The boy stood there with a blank expression before touching the back of his head, as he pulled his hand back it was blue with paint.

 

“I’m really, really sorry.” Hanbin bowed thinking about how stupid and careless he was. He waited for the boy to get angry and him, upset, disgusted but nothing came and he looked up. He was laughing.

 

“Don’t worry about it man, actually it’s pretty funny. How do I look? Do I suit blue hair?” He turned around and Hanbin was too shocked to think.

 

“Uh, ah, yeah.”

 

The boy turned back around and his smile was confusing Hanbin’s emotions. He never felt like this before. His eyes disappeared and all he could think about was how adorable he looked.

 

“This was probably a sign that I needed to cool off.” He laughed again at his joke and Hanbin couldn’t help smiling along. “You seem my age, I’m Bobby”

He held his painted hand out and without thinking Hanbin shook it. “Um, Hanbin.”

They stayed with their hands clasped for what felt like an eternity but was probably one for a few too many seconds. Bobby then bent down and picked up his hat.

“You dropped this too” he laughed again and Hanbin felt his face flushing in shame. Bobby noticed. “Cute.”

Hanbin averted his eyes.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Hanbin.” Bobby waved and Hanbin quickly waved back, feeling hot and completely and utterly stupid but maybe in a good way.

 

Hanbin jogged out of the theatre and made it across the busy street all in one piece before trying his best to run without knocking anyone over. He made it to the restaurant and changed into his last uniform. It wasn’t as busy but that didn’t mean he still didn’t run around feeling breathless.

It was a miracle how he narrowly avoided a bottle of wine hitting him as he was placing four plates of hot food down on a narrow table and not only did he avoid it but he also caught it from falling all over one of the customers. He got a big tip from it though. He rushed around, danced through tables, poured countless drinks, felt his stomach tighten in hunger as he carried boiling hot plates out and still kept a smile as he greeted new customers. With aching limbs and burnt hands he took a brief moment to catch his breath and run a hand down his hot face before bringing more plates out and taking more orders.

The young girl who had dropped a plate of spoaghetti on his shoes which had stained them dropped a curry on them this time. He felt the wetness creep into his socks and stared at it for a few seconds before moving into action. What a comedic moment, he thought. He persuaded the young girl to carry on waitressing while he went into the bathroom to clean up, again. Another worker cleaned the mess on the floor while Hanbin awkwardly put his foot up on the sink in the staff toilets and roughly wiped wet toilet paper over them. But the damage had been done and they were stained. Once more.

Hanbin sighed, put his foot down and avoided his reflection. Instead bent over the sink and washed his hands and wiped them over his face, dragging his features downwards before standing up straight and exhaling. He walked out the toilets and went back to work.

12 AM came as the last customers left. Hanbin walked into the kitchen and stared at the pile of things that needed washing. For some reason they looked worse than yesterday despite being used to cook the same things.

“Sorry Hanbin, it’s rather messy tonight.” One chef said, patting his shoulder sympathetically.

“No, it’s ok. Fridays are worse.” The chef left and he was left with the washing up alongside a tall male known as Koo Junhoe. Junhoe walked in and dramatically groaned loudly at the sight of his side of the sinks. This time he added arms in the air for more of an effect.

“Can’t believe I have to do this.” He growled throughout the night and Hanbin just listened. They washed up in silence and all Hanbin could think about was how the burn of the hot water was nowhere near the burn he felt when he remembered how the boy with the curly hair has a name now.

It took 2 hours for them both to finish and Hanbin waited for Junhoe’s scream of happiness and this time it came out as a screech that surprised him. When they closed the shop Junhoe sighed loudly and they caught each other’s eyes.

“I’m back with my girlfriend.”

Then he left and Hanbin blinked twice before going the other way back to the station.

 

Hanbin got onto the train that was almost empty. It was a quiet ride home and he found himself finally taking a deep breath.

Walking home, he shivered and drew his bag closer over his shoulder, holding onto the strap. His steps were slow and dragged out longer than he would have liked but after running around all day he couldn’t move his muscles any faster. His apartment complex came into view and it motivated him to carry on until he was up at his door and stumbled inside. He didn’t turn the light on or change out of his clothes, he only dropped his bag on the floor, drew back his duvet and wrapped himself up, trying not to think about having to get up again in an hour and 35 minutes.

Though now that he thought about it he didn’t care. Maybe it was worth it after all.

I mean,

‘he called me cute.’

 

-----------------------

Wrote this all in one go just now and just posted it. any mistakes i will correct later. I just wrote this randomly, not sure if it even makes sense for you but it's got a few symbolic stuffs in it