-21

364 Days | Nakamoto Yuta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was walking down the streets of Seoul, my mask covering my face. I pulled the jacket closer to my body to get more warmth. 

I stopped walking when my phone started ringing. Mom.

 

She must have come home from work and started to be worried because I wasn't there to greet her. 

 

"Are you okay?" my mom immediately asked when I answered her call. 

 

I started walking down the streets again, passing by couples holding hands. I knew that I'd never have something like that.

 

"Yes, don't worry I'm doing fine. I'll be back in a few hours" I understood her being worried.

"Maeng Haeun" there was a short break at the end of the line and I knew what she wanted to say, so I stopped walking. 

 

 

"Never mind. I love you, please be safe and careful" 

"I love you too mom" 

 

 

 

It was the first time that I was meeting one of my best friends, actually one of my two only friends, at his dorm. I never met any of his roommates, so I was quite nervous. 

I checked the address one more time, when I felt someone jumping on my back.

 

"Bora! Don't scare me like that!" my only other friend Bora was staring at me over my shoulder with a wide grin.

"Haeun, are you excited? We never went to his place before" I just nodded ringing the doorbell. 

 

"Who dis?" we were greeted by a voice through the speaker that definitely didn't belong to our friend. 

I looked at Bora for help, she jumped off my back and walked to the speaker. 

"Kam Bora and Maeng Haeun, friends of Jeffrey, now open the door it's cold and not nice to keep ladies waiting outside" I always admired Bora for her confidence.

 

Shortly after her reply we heard the buzz from the door. Bora pushed the door open and we stepped into the warm hallway. 

 

"You might want to take off your mask Haeun" Bora took of my mask and stored it in the pockets of my jacket. 

 

 

"Haeun! Bora!" Jaehyun came flying down the stairs. 

He pulled the both of us into a tight hug. 

"Haeun you okay?" I just nodded my head smiling. 

"I'm so happy you guys could make it" 

"Happy Birthday!" Bora and I said in unison and pulled out our gifts for Jaehyun. 

"Let's go upstairs first!" it was easy to tell that Jaehyun was pretty excited. 

 

 

 

"So guys these are my friends Kam Bora and MaengHaeun" when Bora and I stepped into th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter