one - end

One day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You love her don't you?"

Chaeyoung was willing to turn the blind eye but if Mina wants to then that's how it should be.

The older girl doesn't say anything.

The shorter girl found out that she's cheating on her with her best friend, Momo. Chaeyoung was willing to let it go if Mina says so but she doesn't. Mina looks at her own hands, probably feeling ashamed. Her eyes breaming with tears.

"Hey, don't cry" Chaeyoung takes her hand and rubs it in comfort.

"At least let me tell everyone that i'm the one who dumped you not the other way around. I still have to look cool you know" She chuckles. Mina bites her lips.

"Don't go to her so soon, okay? Wait for me to move on at least. It would probably take some time but i'll get there" She lifts Mina's head by her chin and smiles softly.

 

Chaeyoung never cried in front of anyone and as per her wishes she was the one who told her friends about their break up; I fell out of love, she says. Her friends couldn't help but comfort Mina instead. At least she managed to not look pathetic in front of her friends.

 

Mina followed Chaeyoung's wish to not get together with Momo so soon but they were always together. Even when Chaeyoung and Mina were still together, the bestfriends spend a lot of time anyway and they have the same circle of friends. Chaeyoung never avoided them and the girls continued to reprimand the younger about breaking Mina's heart to which she just laughs at.

 

"What are you thinking?" Momo asks as she sits beside her pressing soft kisses on Mina's face as soon as she looked up.

"Nothing much, I... I just haven't properly apologized to Chaeyoung" Mina holds Momo's hands and intertwines their fingers.

"I'm so sorry baby, I should also apologize to her too. Should we do it together?" She suggests as she rubs Mina's hand with her thumb.

Mina shakes her head, "I should probably talk to her alone"

 

Mina loved Momo for as long as she can remember but that doesn't mean she didn't have any affection for the younger girl. She liked her and cherished her, they've been together for a year after all. She was convinced that she'll end up with Chaeyoung until Momo kissed her one day and confessed... That was all she ever dreamed of before Chaeyoung. She squeezed Momo's hand and smiles softly at her.

Momo was all she ever dreamed of before Chaeyoung.
Liar.

You love her.

It's been weeks and Mina sees Chaeyoung with Sana a lot. The latter is also one of Mina's best friend aside from Momo and she's also the only one who knew about Mina cheating. Their talk didn't really end well but Sana pretends that they never talked about it and continue with her usual self but Mina just can't help but think if there's any negative feelings on Sana's part. It doesn't sit good with her that she's hanging out with Chaeyoung.

Without knowing she's suddenly in front of the duo who's laughing at something Mina doesn't want to know.

"O-oh. Hey, Mina. Do you need anything?" Chaeyoung smiled at her, like the one she used to flash whenever she sees Mina but there's something different.....

She doesn't hold her gaze lovingly anymore. She looks at her eyes but it doesn't tell her that she's the most special girl in the world anymore.

"Mina?" Sana calls her again.

"S-sorry. Chaeyoung can we talk?" the younger girl looks at Sana for a second and then nods. Why did she have to ask Sana for permission.

They walked a little further from where they were, almost almost so close to the place where they both had their first kiss with each other, their special place. Not anymore.

She stops and turns to Chaeyoung, "Why are you with Sana?" the hostility in her voice never escaped Chaeyoung.

The younger was beyond confused, "Wha-? What do you mean? We're friends, obviously we'd hang out Mina"

Mina knew she was being irrational for asking that because they have the same circle of friends.

"I... S-sorry that's not what it's supposed to mean"

Chaeyoung smiles at her again like she can completely understand. Mina is starting to hate it.

She shakes off her thoughts, "I still haven't apologized"

"Accepted"

"H-huh?"

"Apology accepted, I said"

"I haven't even apologized yet"

"Mina, I know you're sorry. I know how hard it is for you too. So don't worry about it!" She tries with her cheery voice. Or she tried at least.

"Can't you let me apologize!" Mina raises her soft voice. She rarely shouts but Chaeyoung being understanding when she was very much wrong kills her.

"I did you wrong! I cheated on you! If you can't even tell me to off at least let me beg for your forgiveness. It's killing me Chaeyoung!" The younger looks at her. Her face turned serious.

"I hate you"

Mina was taken aback.

"I hate you. You kissed another girl behind my back. You broke my heart. You didn't deserve me nor my love so  off, Mina!" she says raises her voice but never shouted.

"Is that what you wanted to hear?" She asks Mina softly.

Hearing it come from the lips that used to tell her how much she loves her was something surreal.

She feels herself trembling but the soft hands against her cheek calmed her, the one that used to hold her at night.

"Looking at you hurt breaks my heart even more, Mina"

"I'm trying to let you go, to forget you. Doing this to me makes it harder. Just continue to pretend that i'm the one who broke up with you in front of our friends"

"Stop looking so wounded everytime you look at me. Don't pity me. I'm trying to move on just look at Momo, Mina."

Why does she say Mina's name so dearly, it makes her knees go weak.

"I'm going to be fine. I forgive you"

Mina holds Chaeyoung's hand that was on her cheek and sobs softly, "I didn't deserve you"

"Maybe I didn't deserve you too that's why we broke up" the younger says with tears that threaten to fall from her eyes, "Momo will make you happy. Don't cheat on her!" She chuckles but Mina frowns.

"Too soon? Now go on baby girl, Sana is waiting" Mina feels a tug in her heart. She used to call her baby or baby girl when they were together, hearing it again makes her feel things.

Chaeyoung is wiping the tear on her eye when Mina asked something. She thought her ears were deceiving her, "C-can I kiss you?"

"What?"

"For the last time, for closure. Please" She whispers leaning close to the younger's face.

Chaeyoung doesn't pull back which Mina takes as a permission. She pressed a kiss against Chaeyoung's lips but it hurt her that Chaeyoung never kissed back.

Mina apologizes as she pull back.

"Stop kissing other girls Mina"

Mina wanted to answer yes yes she won't eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter