Home

Come Home

Seokjin knew being a chef had its ups and downs. On one hand he was doing something he loved everyday. On the other hand the hours could be brutal and because of that he didn’t get to spend as much time with his boyfriend, Namjoon, as he would like. But Namjoon was understanding and supported him through all of the years he spent in culinary school. That was the great thing about him, he always supported Seokjin through everything. When Seokjin decided to switch his career path from a business owner to a chef, Namjoon helped him look for schools. While Seokjin was in school Namjoon always helped him study. And when Seokjin was looking for a restaurant to work in Namjoon helped him search through the job listings until he found a place that he thought would be a good fit. Even now there were those days where Seokjin had to drag his body through the door after a long shift, but Namjoon was always awake and ready to help him in anyway that he could. Seokjin was eternally grateful for having Namjoon in his life. And he made sure that whenever Namjoon needed him he would be ready to drop everything and help.

 

Seokjin was having a typical day at work when it happened. He was in the middle of his dinner break when he got a text from his boyfriend.

Joonie:

Are you busy?

Seokjin was confused and worried. Namjoon never texted him while he was at work.

Me:

I’m having my break for dinner now. What’s up?

He responded, not putting down his phone. After a few minutes he got a response.

Joonie:

I know your boss is really mean and I don’t want him to yell at you but . . .

Another text came in shortly after.

Joonie:

Actually never mind. It’s nothing.

Seokjin grew more worried. It couldn’t have been nothing if Namjoon had to text him in the middle of his shift for it.

Me:

What’s going on? You wouldn’t text me if it was nothing. You can tell me.

Seokjin waited anxiously for the reply. When it came in he got up from his chair and walked straight to his boss, telling him that he needed to go home because of a family emergency.

Joonie:

Can you please come home.

 

Seokjin rushed home as fast as he legally could. (Although he may have ran a stop sign or two in his panic to get home.) He knew something was wrong. It was already weird for Namjoon to text him in the middle of his shift, but he had never asked Seokjin to come home early before. When he made it to the little apartment complex they called home he parked his car, very sloppily, and rushed to the door. He fumbled with his keys a bit before finally unlocking the entrance to their apartment. “Joonie? Namjoon where are you?” He called out, taking off his shoes and his jacket and leaving them on the floor. He didn’t get a response but he heard the shower running so he rushed to the bathroom. He knocked gently before slowly walking in. “Joonie?” The sight before him made his heart clench. Namjoon sat in the middle of the bathtub, fully clothed, with the water from the showerhead running over him. He looked dead to the world as he stared blankly at his feet, not even looking up to acknowledge Seokjin’s presence. Seokjin closed the bathroom door behind him as he walked over to kneel next to the bathtub. He stuck his hand under the spray to touch Namjoon’s back, only to recoil when his hand was met with ice cold water. “Namjoon?”

 

Namjoon finally acknowledged Seokjin’s presence, turning his head towards his lover as the icy water continued to rain down on him. Seokjin knew the other man wasn’t going to tell him what was wrong, or at least he wouldn’t until he was ready to. So instead of asking what was wrong he asked, “What do you need?”  Namjoon finally looked at Seokjin in the eyes. “You.” Namjoon let out a few sniffles. “Just you.” Seokjin nodded in understanding before reaching up and turning off the water. He got up and walked over to the large cabinet they had in the bathroom and got the largest and fluffiest towel he could find. “Let’s get you out of here, okay?” He said as he helped Namjoon stand up. Seokjin wrapped Namjoon in the towel and helped him out of the tub. The other man was shaking from how cold the water had been so before Namjoon could take another step Seokjin wrapped his arms around him. Namjoon rested his head on his boyfriend’s broad shoulder, breathing in his comforting scent. Seokjin led him to their room where he picked out a comfortable outfit for Namjoon. Seokjin left the room then to give Namjoon a little bit of privacy as he changed, it also gave him a chance to make some food for the other man. Seokjin was at the stove making some dinner for Namjoon when he felt cold arms circle around his waist and a chin rest on his shoulder. Seokjin turned his head and gave Namjoon a kiss on the cheek. “Feeling a little better?” “Everything's better with you.” Seokjin smiled at the response.

 

Later that night they were cuddled in their bed, their limbs a tangled mess under the blankets. Namjoon’s head was resting on Seokjin’s chest, his heartbeat being the only sound in the room. Seokjin was running his fingers through Namjoon’s slightly damp hair, his nails scratching at his scalp. Namjoon broke the silence after a few minutes. “Seokjin?” The other man hummed in response. “You promise you’ll never leave me right?” Seokjin thought for a moment. “I won’t promise that.” Namjoon’s heart sunk. Seokjin continued. “I won’t promise that because promises can be broken. So instead I’m going to guarantee that I will never leave you. You’re stuck with me and my dad jokes for life.” Namjoon chuckled.

 

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.”