#1 First Day

Timeless

Maybe I still remember how the sky turned into a dome of plasma blue. When umbrellas were opened and people ran for covers. I was startled when the lightning spiked and thunders followed the greetings. My back feels glued with the wall behind me as the water splattered to my shoes. I still remember how everything was not familiar but the rainfall. The same rainfall happened in my country before I left.

I stretched out my palm over the cover that shades me. The rain directly shot to my fingers in milisecond and everything went wet, even the edge of my sleeve. I sighed. Maybe I should just bury my dream of watching the new episode of Game of Thrones tonight.

“Your umbrella is broken.”

I turned to my side. Figure of a stranger greeted me with a judgement and a non-native language unlike everybody else who thought that I was an indigeneous. How often did you get that?

Well maybe quite often, especially when all you do was only standing in the front of closed bar and waiting for the rain to stop.

Yours too.”

He laughed a little and nodded. I did not find anything funny, but decided to give a smile of the perfect lesson from my mannerful family. Formality at its cue and it disappeared even within five seconds.

“I live in that building.” he pointed at the tall building that seemed 500 meters away. We live in the same building, was all I thought. I just nodded and his face seemed to wait for my response, but I did not give him anything at all. Ain't just weird to let a stranger fellow over broken umbrella knew that I live in the same building as well.

He laughed again.

“Tough guy, I see.”

I chose to laugh along with him to avoid the awkwardness that built up. Seemed to me he was just completely weird stranger with good-looking visual. Nothing impressed me at all, until he decided to slip those words from his mouth.

“You are Lucas. I am your fellow trainee. You live in the dorm number 251. Your roommate is a friend of mine, and I went to your apartment yesterday. Well, you looked busy of course. You must have forgotten that we even had a handshake.” he wrapped the sentence with a soft giggle. As if I was fine with any of the information he just provided. I was blank for a moment that even the following loud claps of the thunders did not present at all to my ears. I could only feel my cheeks warmed up and my umbrella accidentally fell from the ground.

Maybe I still remember that day. The fourth day I stepped on the land of the morning calm, yet the first day I ruined my plan to serve as a good kid at my new agency.

 

to be continued.