Chapter 1

One kiss before we say goodbye

“Everyone!” the teacher screams clapping his hands trying to make everyone stop talking. “Please listen to your colleague.”

Irene thanked the teacher and proceeded to talk to her colleagues “Since we are so close to the end of school year and school in general for some, me and some other students planned a dinner for the whole class after we finish our last class on Friday.”

There were screams, cheers, high fives, claps echoing in the classroom. There were also some sad faces when they remembered that the dinner meant not only drinks and a party, but it also meant a last chance to see each other since after that they would go to different universities and could possibility lose each other’s contacts.

But there was someone who was really excited about the possibility of never seeing some people ever again. Seulgi was never the most social person, she didn’t get along with most of her colleagues, with the rest she would just have the most basic conversations, but she didn’t really mind that, she preferred to be left alone instead of someone bothering her. She just wanted to finish high school, leave this town and go to university.

There was only one more thing she wanted to do before leaving town and it was to kiss the one and only Bae Irene. Irene was one of the most popular girls of school. She was a part of the cheerleading team and her boyfriend, Park Bogum, was the captain of the school basktball team. Everyone just wanted to have a relationship like them. They had been dating since they were kids, their families were close and important in town, planned on going to college together, there were even rumors that they would get married before going to college. They were the it couple of school.

Seulgi also didn’t want to break them apart, she genuinely only wanted to kiss Irene, to touch her skin, to get closer to her and smell her perfume straight from her neck.

The classes for the day went quicker than what Seulgi was expecting it would go when she woke up in the morning. When she got home Seulgi went straight to her room and started to plan the outfit she was going to wear on Friday night. She wasn’t the type to care a lot about her outfit, but she wanted to look good for their last dinner together. She spent maybe a little over one hour choosing her outfit and, in the end, she was actually happy with her chosen outfit. Simple but stylish. A simple white crop top with some black pants and her favorite orange converse shoes. When she was finish it was time for dinner. She had dinner with her parents and then went to bed.

 

The next day, it was Thursday, one day before the dinner. English class had just finished and she was leaving the classroom when she felt someone tapping in her shoulder which made her turn around. She was not expecting it to be Irene the one who had tapped in her shoulder.

“Hi, I’m sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to know if you will go to the dinner?” Irene asked with a smile in her face so beautiful that made Seulgi speechless for a few seconds.

“Y-yes I will.” Seulgi tried to say without stuttering which she failed but Irene giggled because of it so she was happy either way.

“Good, so can I have your number, so that I can text you the address?” Irene says as she takes her phone from her bag.

“Yes, of course.” Seulgi starts saying her number when Irene seemed ready.

“Got it, thank you.” Irene gave her a smile and then they went separate ways.

Seulgi went to where her next and last class of the day was. She couldn’t concentrate on what the teacher was saying, she was just thinking of her conversation with Irene. It was short, but it made her so happy. Irene’s giggle was the only sound she could think of. Irene’s smile was the only thing she could see when she closed her eyes. She was so happy that, unintentionally, it made her smile.

Class was over, and she went home, she laid in bed still thinking about Irene. No other thought would cross her mind, Irene was all she could think of. She eventually ended up falling asleep thinking of Irene.

 

Next morning, she woke up earlier than usual. She went to check her outfit again to make sure she still liked it, which she did, so it made her happy, but then she remembers for what exactly what it was for and she started to get nervous. She doesn’t even understand why she is so nervous for, it’s not like something is going to happen but still she is very nervous.

She got ready for school. Her last day of school. To her it was just like any other school day, but everyone else seemed extra happy and energetic. The only good thing about today was the dinner and the chance to see Irene one last time. And the thought of it be her last time seeing her made her sad but for some reason it also made her excited.

Throughout the day the only thing Seulgi could think was about the dinner. She didn’t hear anything of what the teachers were saying or the advices for the future that everyone was giving to her. Nothing, she didn’t hear anything. She was in her own world. In her imagination.

Last class of the day was over and Seulgi went straight to her house, which was close to the school, so she got there in no time.

When she was already home she got Irene’s message of the time and the place where the dinner was going to take place. It was so close to her house that she could even walk there. She slowly started to get ready. She took a long bath to relax and energize herself, even though she was already excited. She decided to put on some makeup, even if she didn’t put on everyday but today was a special day after all. After one hour of preparing, she started getting dressed and getting her hair ready. When she finished it, it was already close to the time Irene said for them to be there.

Seulgi waited awhile also checking her classmates social media to see if someone had already posted something. And obviously they had. Some took pictures of the drinks, of themselves and of the place, so Seulgi decided to go, there were already people there, so she wouldn’t be the first one. She walked until there, it’s was easier and if she wanted later she could drink and not worry about driving back.

 

She arrived there and indeed there were already almost all her classmates there. Irene and Bogum and a few others hadn’t arrived yet. Seulgi didn’t wanted to be alone in a corner so she went and seated next to some of her classmates that she didn’t mind being next to. They were talking and drinking when Irene and Bogum arrived, holding hands, making everyone start screaming. Seulgi couldn’t stop starring at Irene. She was in a white dress that emphasized her body perfectly. Seulgi was speechless, she believed that she had just seen an angel.

After a while, when everyone was already there, the food arrived. Seulgi was still only looking at Irene. She would only look away when someone would talk to her or Irene would look her way, which happened a few times to her surprise.

Every time Irene looked at Seulgi direction, all that Seulgi wanted to do was go to her place and kiss her. Seulgi excused herself and went to the bathroom.

 

She checked the bathroom and it was empty. She then looked at her reflection on the mirror and started to check her phone. And nothing, there was no missed calls, no new texts messages, no notification. But while she was checking her texts she saw Irene message.

Seulgi started to type, but immediately deleted whatever she had written and closed her phone putting it also aside. She started to clean her face with water.

 

“What are you doing Seulgi?”

“What are you thinking?”

“She has a boyfriend.”

“She is not interested in you nor will she ever be.”

“Wake up.”

"Face reality."

 

Seulgi’s mind just wouldn’t stop with all those thoughts. But there was also a part of her that want to try and send Irene a text.

 

“Seulgi you will go away after this.”

“Your last chance!”

“You will never see her again.”

“Seulgi you should try to be braver.”

"What do you even have to lose?"

Seulgi picked her phone and started to write a text message again.

 

"I’m sorry to bother you, and you don’t need to come if you don’t want to or if you are busy. But can you come to the bathroom, please?"

 

Seulgi closed her eyes while pressing the sent button. She put her phone face down a little far away from her. She didn’t want to see the response. She wanted to forget that she did send the message. She went to the corner of the bathroom and just sat on the floor hugging her knees.

 

“Did I really send her that?”

“Will she even see the text?”

“Will she think I texted the wrong person?”

“Do I really want her to come here?”

“What will I even do if she does come here?”

 

Her thoughts were cut short when she heard the door opening. She couldn’t move, she couldn’t even look at the door to see who it was. She wanted it to be Irene but at the same time she wanted it to be anyone else. She was not sure what she would do if it has Irene, but she also wouldn’t know what to do if it hasn’t. How was she supposed to come out of the bathroom and face Irene?

She suddenly felt someone touching her.

 

“Are you alright? Why are you on the floor?”

That voice, it was a voice that she loves to hear it. A voice that always calmed her and made all her worries not seem important. And her touch. Something that Seulgi had never felt before she sure wanted more of that. A touch that just makes the whole world stop. A tranquilizer touch.

Seulgi tried to compose herself as fast as she could. She stood up making the other girl also get up from the floor that they both where.

“Y-yes. I’m good.” Seulgi smiled to tranquilize the other girl.

“You sure? You texted me to come here.” Seulgi looked at Irene eyes for a brief moment and she was sure she saw some concern in her eyes.

“Yes, I did.” Seulgi looked around the bathroom trying to think of an excuse or just something to say. “I am not sure right now” She took a few steps to get a little far away from Irene without seeming suspicious.

Irene grabbed one of Seulgi’s hand. “Please tell me if anything is wrong.” Irene tried to make Seulgi look at her but it was a failed attempt. “Did someone say anything inappropriate to you?”

“No! No one said anything to me! Everything is alright! I just-” Seulgi made a pause trying to get her words straight in her head before saying something that she was going to regret later.

Seulgi was about to say something but by mistake she looked in Irene’s eyes and then to her lips. Without thinking much, she started to get closer to Irene. She did notice that Irene wasn’t moving.

I apologize for what I’m about to do. Seulgi whispered has she was getting closer and closer to Irene.

Eventually the distance was no longer there, and their lips were, after so many years of Seulgi imagining this moment, finally touching. She had thought about how her lips would feel, how would the kiss be, if it was going to be intense or if it was going to be soft.

She didn’t feel any resistance from Irene, but she also didn’t feel any type of feeling from her.

The kiss didn’t last long as Seulgi didn’t want to force anything more than she had already force. She knew that Irene had a boyfriend and she didn’t want to make Irene some kind of cheater. She was surprised that Irene didn’t push her away or slapped her, but she also thought that Irene was probably in choke with what had just happened.

After they separated their lips, Seulgi gave Irene one last look before grabbing all her stuff and leaving the bathroom. Seulgi went right away to the outside without saying anything to anyone. She started to walk home. Her mind was mess, she had all different thoughts in her head, all her voices her speaking.

 

“You did it.”

“What does this mean now? Nothing right!”

“You embarrassed yourself”

“Everyone will make fun of you! Good thing you are moving.”

“You finally did what you have been think all these years.”

“Why didn’t she pull away?”

“Did she like it?”

“Was she uncomfortable? Probably.”

 

Seulgi got home in no time, she went straight to her room and to her phone. She started to watch all the pictures her classmates were posting to see if she could see Irene in any of their pictures. She did saw a few pictures with Irene in them, but she wasn’t looking at the camera in any of the pictures. There was also a video were everyone was having fun and screaming and when they called Irene she didn’t even move, she didn’t do anything, she just stayed in her place looking at the night sky.

 

Seulgi decided to go take a shower to calm her thoughts. When she got out of the shower she had one text message which she opened right away when she saw you it was from.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seulgi what was that? I think we really need to talk!”

 


Hope you liked it and thank you to everyone who read it!!!! 

Should I continue the story?