MiSu

Please... Forget about Me

"Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even come close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried."

 

Jiu woke up with the soft echoes of those words drifting away in the air as it soon fades away. She found herself crying as she hated not remembering what the dream was about. Yoohyeon woke up to the soft sniffles of her fiancée as she became concerned for her wellbeing.

 

“Babe are you okay?” She looked at Jiu who was looking up at the ceiling as the tears kept falling. “Hey,” Yoohyeon got up from the bed just to look at Jiu who still didn't say a word. “What's wrong?” Yoohyeon started as she began wiping away her tears.

 

“It's nothing just a bad dream.” Jiu brushed it off as the words still rang in her mind. “Let's go back to sleep.” She pulled Yoohyeon down and snuggled her head onto Yoohyeon's back hoping whatever is bothering her mind will soon be forgotten soon.


Jiu flopped onto the bed and sighed in defeat once more. Sua looked at Jiu with sadness as her heart sank knowing that her girlfriend was feeling down. She looked at Jiu as her eyes glistened with tears at the fact that all she could do was to stay on the sidelines and watch. Observing her beloved be ravished by the vicious gazes of the country they lived in. Shackled as nothing she could ever say will ease the burdens off her shoulders.

 

All she could do is silently support her as she barricades her heart with walls that even she couldn't break through. Sua dismissed her thoughts as she started walking towards her girlfriend. She sat on the bed as Jiu turned away from Sua as all she could see was the wall. Sua was met with Jiu's back as her heart broke once more knowing that Jiu didn't want to see her now.

 

“It's easy to lose sight of things in a world as wide as this one. But if you keep going, you're sure to find what you're looking for,” Sua started as she reached out to touch Jiu to show her that she will always be there to comfort her. “Sooner or later.” She finished when she made the slightest touch to Jiu she has it slapped away quickly. Sua was now faced with an angry looking Jiu who was baring her teeth at Sua.

 

“Don't touch me, Kim Bora! You don't know what you are talking about and I want to be alone right now.” Jiu tried to say it calmly, but each seething word burned into her mind as they rang in her eardrums. Sua swallowed as there was a lump forming at .

 

“I just wanted to help.” Sua calmly said as she didn't want to fight with Jiu.

 

“You are more of a nuisance than being any help to me. So, GET OUT!” Jiu shouted as she pointed to the door as Sua only nodded in defeat not wanting to anger her any further.

Sua slowly began walking out of the door as each step felt heavy for not fighting back. Once she was out of the room she closed the door and went into her room where Yoohyeon was on her bed playing games on her phone. Sua let out a breath as her body was trembling with fear as Jiu’s angry face was etched into her mind.


Sua opened her eyes as she replayed that memory for the billionth time as she was drinking her coffee at the park. She looked up at the sky in a daze as she waited for her best friend Yoohyeon to meet up with her.

 

“Kim Bora!” Yoohyeon yelled as she excitedly located her friend however she watched slowly as she stiffened for a couple seconds before trembling. With widened eyes, she ran to her side and engulfed her immediately. “You idiot, Kim Bora, you need to let go of the past,” Yoohyeon whispered as Sua silently cried until she calmed down. She dryly chuckled as she recalled Yoohyeon's words while she shook her head.

 

“It's not easy to forget your first love nor is it easy to let go of something if it hasn't ended properly,” Sua responded as her eyes fell upon the patches of grass that showed signs of death approaching it soon. “How is Minji?” She felt her heartbeat the moment she let her name roll off her tongue so easily. Yoohyeon sighed knowing that Sua wouldn't listen to any of her reasoning.

 

“She is doing rather well. She isn't burdened as much as before and she's happy with me.” Yoohyeon said as she looked at Sua for any kind of reaction as she feared that her friend might hurt her, however, all she got was a sad smile with a tear falling down her cheek.

 

“That's really good. I'm happy that she's happy. Congratulations on your engagement by the way.” She smiled while her heart was slowly dying on the inside as well as her slight hope. “I guess this means I have to move on.” Yoohyeon grasped Sua’s hand as she squeezed it letting her know that everything was going to be alright.

 

“I found you, Yoohyeonie.” Both heard the ever so familiar voice as they turned their heads with faces of shock at the person. The person who intervened in the conversation without knowing it was Jiu who was running towards her fiancée. “You weren't in bed when I woke up.” She started saying as she rushed up to Yoohyeon until she saw Sua holding hands with her as she was crying.


 

“You said it made you happy when I smiled, didn't you?” Tears fell from her face as she clutched her chest where her heart lied. “But really...I was afraid. I was always afraid.” She finished as that sentence impacted her in a way that she finally knew she screwed up.

 

“___, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for all of this to happen.” Jiu started as she watched her vulnerable lover shake her head.

 

“You don't get it, do you?” Jiu looked at her with confusion swimming in her mind. “Dreamcatcher is disbanding, and it isn't your fault at all. It is disbanding because people don't like our concept, not because of your leadership. Don't ever think that you are never good enough. You are everything I aspire to be, but I know I'll never be good enough for you.” Her tone softened as the tears still fell and she made no attempts to wipe them away.

 

“I never knew you felt like that.” Jiu walked closer to her as her lover began taking steps back. “What are you afraid about?”

 

“You not loving me back.” She responded.


“Babe? Are you okay?” Yoohyeon was in front of her as Sua was wiping away her tears. She knew they would have to meet sooner or later but she wasn't ready to face her.

 

“Hey, who's your friend?” Jiu questioned innocently while Yoohyeon looked over to Sua who was biting her lip to suppress the urge to cry once more. She watched as Sua took a very long breath in and exhaled out before looking over at them. There was a small smile that Yoohyeon knows all too well and it broke her heart.

 

“Hi, my name is Kim Bora. I'm this ones,” She pointed to Yoohyeon. “Best friend whom you never met because she was afraid that you might fall for my beautiful charm.” She concluded as she stuck her hand out for Jiu to shake her hand. Jiu raised up her eyebrow at Sua's introduction but grabbed her hand to shake.

 

“Sorry, I love Yoohyeon too much to be falling for another.” That little phrase broke Sua's heart however she didn't show it on her face while Yoohyeon.

 

“Dang,” Sua jokingly said as she snapped her fingers for the dramatic effect. She looked at her watch and realized what time it was that made her acting more realistic. “would you look at that?” Sua started as there was a sharp pain that hit Jiu as Sua continued. “I'm afraid-”

 

 Jiu held her head as Sua stopped her talking and looked at Jiu with worry her eyes. “I’m always afraid.” Jiu’s mind tied it in like it was Deja vu. Why does she sound so familiar? Also, what are you so afraid of. “You not loving me back.” Jiu panicked as she somehow had the feeling that her love will run away.

 

“I will always love you!” She shouted out as she came to face with a Yoohyeon who had open in shock at Jiu’s outburst while Sua could only pretend that her pain wasn’t greatly affecting her. She looked between the two and just nodded.

 

“Anyways,” She began as the couple looked at her. “I better get going. It’s nice to finally put a face to your name. Kim Mi-”

 

“MiSu?” Jiu questioned as the younger giggled while nodding her head. “What does MiSu even mean.” Jiu pondered as she still didn’t understand what her lover means by the word MiSu. Her lover smiled at Jiu’s confused face as she planted a small kiss on Jiu’s lips.

 

“I MiSu too.” She smiled as she pulled back before laughing hard as she found the entire moment funny. “I’m sorry,” She kept laughing as Jiu made an unimpressed face. “You still don’t know?” Jiu shook her head. “Mi for Minji which is you and Su for Sua which is me silly. So, when you put them together you get miss you. I made a pun with it. I MiSu too.” Jiu looked at her lover that was painted black as she couldn’t clearly see her.

 

“Minji!” Yoohyeon screamed out as she was generally getting worried for her lover as Sua couldn’t bear the pain of watching her ex-lover in pain anymore. So, she left, just like that she walked off with more tears beginning to form as her heart was slowly beating away all pain she used to have. Making her numb to the effects she had lived with after the disbandment of Dreamcatcher.

 

She remembered the time that the news took too much of a toll on her precious Jiu that it drove her into depression. She couldn’t eat, nor could she sleep. It had gotten to the point where she lost all her strength when running in the morning and falling down a flight of stairs. When she came to she had no recollection of Dreamcatcher being formed she even lost the memory of being in love with Sua or meeting her.

 

“Wait, Sua!” Yoohyeon yelled out as she turned to go grab Sua as she knew they couldn’t leave them be anymore. Jiu widened her eyes as she looked up at her fiancée who was running after Sua who didn’t look back once. She winced as another memory came into her mind.

 

Jiu just woke up in an unfamiliar room as she heard the constant beeping sounds she oh so dearly wanted to turn off.

 

“There’s no point, Yoohyeon!” Someone shouted as Jiu could hear their conversation. “She doesn’t remember me and to be fair I think it should stay that way. That way she won’t have to go through this all over again. I’m part of the problem she is like this.” Jiu didn’t know why but the person’s words felt like a knife jabbing into her and twisting it to make it painful.

 

“You don’t know that. Maybe she won’t remember those times again. She’ll fall in love with you again and then you guys can be happy once more. Don’t give up just because she has amnesia.” The person responded as the other one laughed while sniffling.

 

“I thought about it and there are so many cons in this that I can’t be with her. She’ll remember if I stay by her side. I don’t ever want to be the reason she can’t be happy. That’s what scares me the most. I don't…” The person took in a sharp breath before continuing.” I don’t want to see my precious Minji get hurt because of me. It’s better for her if I stay away from her. That way she wouldn’t remember all those painful times she’s been with me.”

“You don’t have to do this Bora Unnie. She will eventually remember you sooner or later.”

 

“I do have to do this. Can’t you see I’m the toxic person in this relationship? I don’t want to cause her any more pain. Haven’t you’ve seen her eat less these days. I couldn’t stop her from dieting so much. Every time I’m with her she gets worse and worse so much that I wished for a miracle to happen just, so she can be happy. Can’t you see this is that miracle?”

 

“It’s not your fault that this happened. Please, stop blaming yourself for this. If anything, it’s Jiu’s responsibility to take care of herself not yours.”

 

"Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even come close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried."

 

“Bora Unnie, what are you saying?”

 

“It’s time for me to say goodbye as this relationship between me and Jiu has already come to an end. We began in Dreamcatcher and we were ranking up in the charts slowly, but it wasn’t enough. Our fans supported us, and they knew that we tried. Just as you knew that I tried to maintain my relationship with Jiu but just like Dreamcatcher the Jiu and Sua couple will also break up along with it.” Sua sighed as she entered the room which Jiu pretended to sleep as she was confused by everything they were saying. She felt something warm hit her cheek as a trembling pair of lips touched her cheek. “Good-bye, my pink princess. Be happy without me please.” Jiu heard so much weakness in her voice that she didn’t want to part with her, but her body told her it was time to be dragged into the darkness.

 

Jiu was already crying at the mere dream she had she looked up at Yoohyeon who had Sua on the ground holding her back from fleeing once more. Jiu took that opportunity to run towards them. When she got there, she pulled Sua out of Yoohyeon’s arms and embraced Sua’s tiny and fragile body close to hers.

 

“I’ve MiSu Sua much.” She whispered as Sua widened her eyes and tried pushing her away. “I remember bits and pieces but first I want to say. Stupid Bora.” Jiu let go of Sua to look at her in the eyes. “How long have you let me have my happiness while you suffered in pain? How long were you going to let me be happy without you?” Jiu gripped Sua’s shoulders while Sua sadly smiled and responded very quietly.

 

“I’m already happy.” Jiu looked at Sua confused. Sua pointed to her head. “I remember all the good times we had and that’s enough for me. You being happy without me by your side makes me happy. All our happy memories are with me and some of them are bad, but it was all worth it for you to be here right now about to get married. I don’t regret anything at all.” Sua placed her hands-on Jiu’s and slowly pushed them off her shoulders and held them in her hands. “You’ve been in pain longer than me so it’s my turn to suffer in your place. I deserve it all.” Sua brought Jiu’s hand to and she kissed it. “So, I’ll say this again as I did 4 years ago. Good-bye, my pink princess. Be happy without me please.” Sua dropped Jiu’s hands and started walking away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiu caught up to Sua and she hugged her from behind.

 

“Don’t I have a say in this?” Jiu questioned as she wasn’t letting go of Sua a second time. “What happens if I don’t want to part with you at all. We can make this work just please don’t shut me out as I did with you.” Jiu snuggled her head into Sua’s neck. Sua shook her head as she responded.

 

“You are getting married to Yoohyeon soon and might I add she is my best friend.” Sua looked up at the sky which was slightly cloudy.

 

“A marriage that was to get you to come to your senses, Sua.” Yoohyeon intervened as Jiu looked at her with surprise. “I was getting too impatient with you guys as I was hinting to Jiu all the things you’ve done in your relationship to help her remember who she truly loves. Also, you Sua, I can’t let my best friend wallow in pain as you were starting to follow Jiu’s footsteps” Yoohyeon explained to the two girls in shock.

 

“The proposal was fake?” Jiu said. “Our entire relationship was fake?” Jiu felt betrayed but Yoohyeon shook her head.

 

“It wasn’t as fake as you make it sound like. True, I did have a crush on you and I pursued you, but I found out later it was merely admiration and plus I love you like a sister. So, I decided to get you, two weirdos, back together which by the way is the most exhausting thing on earth. So, kiss and become girlfriends. I want my ship to be sailing in the rough seas.” Yoohyeon laughed as she walked away knowing her mission was accomplished.