Final

Of Power Outages, Thunderstorms and Board Games
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yiren was afraid of storms. Ever since she was a child, storms have always been her number one enemy, and she vaguely remembered crying and running to her parents' room whenever a thunderstorm makes its way into the country. She found herself tangled up in a similar thunderstorm situation, difference being, her parents weren't there to calm her down. 

The Chinese girl was staying at the dorms for the night, and no one was there to accompany her. Kaeun was out for the weekend to spend time with her mom, Miru and Sian went out to hang out (Yiren declined the offer since she wasn't feeling up for it) and Wonyoung might be downstairs training for their upcoming Side to Side performance. Yiren huffed, scrolling through her social media mindlessly. She may never admit it but she missed her family badly. 

Suddenly, Yiren saw something flash outside from her peripheral vision, making her squeal lightly.

'Lightning'

She immediately placed her hands over her ears after the flash, counting the seconds before the lightning was followed by a loud boom of thunder. This made Yiren whimper slightly, her fear of thunderstorms taking over her.

They were in the middle of summer season, so Yiren, for the life of her, cannot comprehend why it would be possible for a thunderstorm to occur. 

'Cloud seeding, I guess,' Yiren let out another flinch when another lightning and thunder combo occurred outside. Seconds later, it started to rain heavily, the heavy drops pattering down the windows and pavements outside. 

'I'm scared...' Yiren curled up in a ball at the corner of her bed as she started sniffling slightly. It was a pitiful sight, and anyone in their right mind would want to hug the soft ball of fluff that was Wang Yiren whenever she cried, even people who were younger than her.

As if it could not get any more worse, Yiren found herself suddenly enveloped by the darkness of an unexpected power outage. Tears streamed down her face as she held her hands tighter against her ears, hoping to block out the sound of thunder, well, it did little to help.

Yiren silently prayed for the storm to stop. 

~-~-~-~

Wonyoung had just finished her practice when she saw the lightning flash outside and heard the thunder roar. She sighed, wiping her sweaty face with her sleeve. 

The young girl may have been one of the youngest among the trainees in the show, but Wonyoung was dead set on proving what she can do despite her age. She's determined to show her talents, thus, she decided to keep practicing until the wee hours of midnight. She may show a cheerful side of her most of the time, but when it came to her craft, Wonyoung wanted to prove more.

The thunder she heard was followed by a heavy pattering of rain against windows, and this made Wonyoung sigh heavily. Scratching her head, she made her way to her phone, iPad and water bottle to replenish but before she could reach out for either of the three, the lights of the practice room shut off, indicating a power outage. Lightning flashed outside and Wonyoung flinched, but soon after, she ruffled her hair in annoyance. 

'Great. Just great.' The tall girl reached for her things and her phone's flashlight, shining it all over the practice room to make sure she didn't forget anything. After making sure she didn't, she carried her things and made her way back to the dorms, shining her flashlight along the way.

It didn't take l

Please log in to read the full chapter