The Angel

When Kyuhyun's Sonata Meets Yoona's Melody

Soundtrack: Guy Sebastian - Angels Brought Me Here     (also Kyuhyun - Now and Forever)

 

 


 

 

 

I’m walking slowly to my home. My body is tired after have practiced with my bandmate. My mind wanders somewhere. My parents don’t know what I’m exactly doing if I’m late at home. They probably think I do my assignments or just playing game at my friend’s house. Sometimes I  really do those kind of stuffs, but most of time I spend my time in music studio that my friends and I rented for practicing in the name of our band. It’s not the real band which always perform, it’s just the place for us to show off what we like. We have the same passion, music. And I also have my personal big passion, singing. All my friends say I have very good voice, so that they forced me to join their band. Because I like singing, I decided to join. Lied to my parents, to my appa exactly, because he never allowed me to be a singer. My eomma was okay, as long as it didn’t bother my education.

I think about this along way home,  until I feel the wind is blowing. I see the leaves on the trees are waving. Suddenly I feel something different, the wind is enough to give me goose bumps. It’s not strong wind, but it’s really cold. Strange cold. And I just aware that I’m all alone in this street.

I hear something above. I look up the sky and my eyes became bigger. Something, which is shone and bigger then star, was sliding down. It looked so near too.  Is that a falling star? Comet? Meteor? UFO? So many questions ran in my mind.

I ‘m getting scared when that unknown thing getting near to me. Too shiny, seemed like it will fall over me. That unknown thing is falling into empty field beside my house.

No sounds and so blinded lights. I run into the empty to know what that hell thing is. When I arrive there, my eyes become wide. I see…wings. A big white wings. What’s that? Is that bird? But what bird that has  big wings like that?

Suddenly, the wings disappear out of nowhere. Then I see a girl in white dress and long black hair is standing. I swear that wings seemed disappeared and went into her back.

My mouth is opened and I’m about to run but what next happened is I fall to the ground. My legs seem so heavy. They can’t move. Who’s that girl? Is that a ghost? Is that a gumiho?

The girl turns around. I close my eyes. Afraid that I’m going to see the bloody face like in the horror movie. My heart beats faster when I can feel that girl or maybe girl ghost walks towards me.

“Hey, Human!”

I heard a soft voice. The softest voice I’ve ever heard. I slowly open my eyes. And……..I can’t believe what I’m seeing. A beautiful girl is standing right in front of me and looking at me. She’s so beautiful, the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met. She’s tilting her head with a little open mouth and waiting for my answer. Her beautiful & shiny eyes are blinking.

“W-who are you?” I’m speechless, instead of reply her greeting, I asked her.

She is smiling. The most adorable smile that I’ve ever seen. “I’m an angel for you!”

What? What did she say? Angel? My angel? “What?”

“I am your angel” she said again with her adorable smile.

“H-how come?”

“It’s long story! I made a little mistake in paradise. They sent me to the world to compensate what I’ve done. What I should do then in this world is to help first human who sees me to fulfill their dream. And you’re the first human who’s seen me! So I’m your angel who helped you to reach your dream. Because only by helping you I can spread my wings again and back to paradise”

 My jaw drops. Angel. Paradise. And a nonsense story. I still can’t believe what she just said and I totally believe that I’m dreaming until her index finger touches my cheek. Her hand is so cold and makes my whole body shivers.

“Human, I’ll follow you wherever you are from now on until your dream comes true” She smiled again.

“What? Wherever I’ll go? Is that mean you live in my house too?” I yelled a little.

“Oh..you have a house? Is kind of a place to live right? Emm sure, I’ll live in your house too!”

“But what my parents will say if I bring a girl home?” I protested.

“Parents? Ahh..I forget that human has parents. But why you have to afraid? And what you meant with a girl? I’m not a girl, I’m an angel!”

I become confused how to explain to this girl oh I mean ANGEL. My parents will surely mad at me if they know I bring a girl to home.

“But still you are a girl. My parents will suspicious me as a bad guy who’s stolen..someone’s daughter!” I made an explanation which I’m sure maybe she doesn’t understand.

“Don’t worry! Only you in this world who can see me because I’m your angel only!”

I’m dumfounded after hearing her words. Am I the luckiest human in this world? I got the angel. A very beautiful angel. I suddenly become blush after staring at her beautiful face.

“Human, are you sitting on the ground forever?”

Her question made me back to my senses. I stand up immediately. Now I’m face to face with her. Her height is about my ear. And she’s extremely beautiful if she’s seen from like this. I’m blushing again.

“Where will you go?” She asked me again with her soft voice.

“Going home!” I pointed at a house right beside this field. “But are you sure my parents won’t see you?”

“Of course. Not only your parents but all the people in the world can’t see me!” She smiled and made my heart jumped.

“Ehmm..okay, let’s go home!”

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

Since we arrived at my home, this angel can’t stop asking what that is or what this is to me when she saw something that maybe weird with her. Is that in paradise there’s no sofa or cupboard? Or even nothing’s door? Instead of answering her curiosity, I only kept silent and shooed her to stop saying. Not because her questions bother me, but I’m afraid my parents will wake up because it’s already midnight. I know this angel said no one can see her except me, but somehow I’m still afraid.

After we got arrived my home, I locked the door immediately. And she still wandered around my room to examine it.

“Is this your home?” She asked carefully while paying attention to the books in the rack.

“Yes!” I said when I sat on the edge of my bed.

“It’s very narrow!”

“This is my room. My special place in this house. The place where I sleep, where I study, or doing something privately.” I explained to her, I don’t care she does understand what  I meant or not.

“I can’t believe your special space this narrow. I have special space too there. Very large and without boundaries like this. I miss there!” She suddenly stopped then turned her body to face me. “Human, now tell me your dream!!”

“Kyuhyun! My name is Cho Kyuhyun. But just call me Kyuhyun, don’t call me Human anymore please!” I said something that bothered me. I’m so tired hearing the way she calls me.

“Kyuhyun?” She asked back. The way she mentioned my name like something weird with it.

“Yes, Kyuhyun! So what’s your name?”

“My name? I don’t have a name!” She shakes her head cutely. Really this angel is really perfect.

“Then, what should I call you? Just Angel? Is it okay?”

“It’s okay.”

“Are all of angels have Korean face and can speak Korean like you?” I asked full of curiosity.

I saw she rolled her eyes. “Korean? What is it?”

I laughed after hearing her question. She doesn’t know Korea? So it means my country is not famous at all in paradise. Or this angel is so…dumb. I cleared my throat! “Korean is my country’s language. Well I live in country named Korea. South Korea exactly!”

“South Korea. Is this Earth right?” She looked so confused.

“Earth is so large. It’s divided into so many parts called countries. And I live in one that part named South Korea. That’s why I asked you, because your face looks like Korean people.  And I’m curious do you speak Korean language too in paradise?”

“Oh. I even don’t know. And when I came here, suddenly I spoke this language.” She shrugged her shoulders, then started to speak again. “So Kyuhyun, please tell me your wish!” She said with serious face, but she still looked adorable.

I’m dumbfounded. What’s my dream? Am I really having a dream? I already have thrown away my biggest dream.

“Don’t tell me you don’t have a dream. All the humans always have many dreams!” she sighed then looked at me deeply.

I laughed seeing her expression. “Ah I want a Ferrari, I want a big house, I want have gaming factory, I want graduate as quickly as possible. Wahhh I have so many!”

“Kyuhyun, I meant your biggest dream! And as for you know, I won’t give your dream instantly. I don’t have any power now. So I’ll help you to reach your dream through the process. So please, tell me your dream!”

“Why are you really curious about my dream?”

“I have to help you to reach your dream so I can have my wings back and go back to paradise.”

“So is it like symbiosis mutualism in Biology? You’ll help me so that your wings will back?”

“What? Ah I don’t know! Just tell me what you really want the most!”

She looked at me deeply, waiting for my answer. As my mind flew somewhere. I have a that dream. The dream that even I’m afraid to think about it. Should I tell her about it? Would she really can help me to reach it?

“Kyuhyun?” I heard her voice asked me carefully again.

“I don’t know, Angel!” Then I made a fake yawn. “Maybe I’m too sleepy to think about my biggest dream right now. Better if I sleep first so….”

I suddenly stopped. Wait where’s the angel should sleep tonight? Should she sleep with me on my single bed? But she’s a girl. I never sleep with a girl until I stopped sleeping with my umma when I was 4 years old.

“Angel, you…you don’t want to sleep?” My voice cracked.

“I don’t sleep!”

“What?” My eyes widened.

“Angels don’t sleep. We also don’t eat and we don’t have any feeling. So please sleep now, maybe when you wake up, you know what your dream!”

“But..what will you do while I’m sleeping?”

She wandered around, then sat on my chair that I always use when I’m studying. “I sit here watching you sleep”

Gulp! I scratched my head. This is so weird. A beautiful girl, I mean an angel, will watch me while I’m sleeping.

“Do you mind if I turn off the lamp?” I said while pointing on the lamp above.

“Lamp?” she looked at my direction. “Oh you meant this little light. Sure, I’m not afraid of the darkness”

I hurriedly turn off the lamp, jumped to my bed, and covered my body with my blanket. “Goodnight, Angel! I’ll sleep first!”

“Alright!”

I never knew before that sleeping with a girl inside your room is really hard. Every now and then all I can feel is her gaze. Awkward.

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

“KKRRRIINGGGG…!!! KRRRRINGGGGG!!!”

My alarm ringed. Damn, I though I’ve just slept for one hour and I had a very weird dream. I opened my eyes slowly and turned my body to the right side to turn off my annoying alarm. But what I saw then made me fully awakened and jumped backward.

“You?” I yelled a little.

I saw a beautiful girl bent down to look at my alarm then she looked at me when I yelled just now. So is she the angel of my dream last night? Wait, so this is not a dream!

“Kyuhyun, I swear I didn’t touch this thing. It suddenly rings!” she said while pointing at my alarm clock.

Ah so I was not dreaming. I really have an angel.

“I know. It’s alarm clock. I already set it to ring at the time I want. It helps me and other humans to wake up on time so we won’t be late to do our activities in the morning!”

She nodded. “Ah, I’m amazed with human now, they can make a thing like this!”

Our attention then went to my door which was being knocked. “Kyuhyun-ah, have you woken up?”

I rolled my eyes and felt uneasy. “Yes, Eomma!”

“Are you talking to someone?” My eomma yelled from outside my room.

I put my index finger and looked at her to stop her from talking. “No, Eomma. I was just talking to Kyungjong by phone!”

“Oh..go down. I have prepared your breakfast!”

“Yes, Eomma! I’ll take a bath first!”

I sighed. I felt relieved my eomma didn’t curious more that I talked to.

“Is that your eomma?”

“Yes! So the other human can’t hear your voice too?”

She nodded lightly. Ah so it means when I talk to her I have to use a very soft voice or maybe whispering, so people won’t be suspicious as crazy people because they will guess I talk to my own self

I got up from my bed. Then went immediately to my door.

“Kyuhyun, where will you go?”

I turned to face her. “I will go to my bathroom then have breakfast. You said you don’t eat right. So please wait here for a while”

“But I have to go with you wherever you are!”

“What? Ah..ah you can go with me wherever I’ll go but not when I go to bathroom!”

“Why?”

“Because I’ll take a bath there”

“Take a bath?” She tilted her head.

Oh please don’t tell me she doesn’t understand about take a bath too. “Take a bath means I wash my dirty body to make it clean, fresh, healthy, and smell good. All of human take a bath alone. Except for babies and toddlers of course. I….I have to take all my clothes off while I’m taking a bath. That’s why you can’t go with me. I’ll be so shy!” Oh geez I could feel my face became red when I explained it to her.

“Oh is that so? Okay. I’ll wait here!” She smiled widely.

I was amazed with her beautiful smile for a while then suddenly went out my room as quickly as possible.

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

Whenever I'm weary from the battles that rage in my head. You make sense of madness when my sanity hangs by a thread

I was humming one of my favorite English songs when I walked back to my room after having breakfast with my parents. When I opened my room’s door, I didn’t know for many times I have to surprise when I see her. She’s standing right in front of my door, closed her eyes and seemed like enjoying something. And yes she’s so beautiful. She opened her eyes slowly when she felt I came back to my room and made me throw my gaze away from her face.

“Is that you who are singing just now?”

“Ehm.. yes! Why?”  I answered her question while closing the door immediately.

“Really?” I could see how happy she is. “I think I was listening to voice from paradise!”

I looked at her confused. “What do you mean?”

“Your voice. It sounds like a voice that I always listen in paradise.”

“Is that my voice really good?” I chuckled

“ I don’t know about which good voice or not good. But your voice reminds me of paradise that I’m missing!”

I chuckled again. I have gotten so many compliments about my voice, but this angel’s compliment is really funny. Well, if only some people know about it too. I erased that thought again from my mind.

“Angel, don’t you bored? Let’s go outside! I’ll show you how beautiful Seoul is!” I gave her a wide smile while I took a sweater.

“Seoul?”

I laughed. As I expected, she will curious about Seoul. “Well as I said before, Earth divided into so many parts. One of those parts is Korea. Korea is also divided too. And the place where I live right now is Seoul. The most crowded place in Korea! Come on, you’re on Earth now! Let’s enjoy this place!”

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

Walked around Seoul with angel was very unexpectedly very fun. Even though I looked like a tour guide with kid tourist because she always ask something new for her. She asked me what bus is, what car is, why so many may people in Dongdaemun, what seller or customer is, why human go to school, and other question which always asked by little kid with full of curiosity to her parents. And I have to save my questions about paradise because she always ignores to answer what paradise is. She said it’s forbidden to tell human about paradise like.

And she’s so funny. I have to ho hold my laughter when she wandered around inside bus or when we took subway. And her expression when I forced her to eat ddeobokki is really indescribable. She gave me a very derp face but I swear that was really cute. And I didn’t count how many times people looked at me confusedly because I laughed and spoke alone. Well I don’t care, they didn’t know me though.

I very enjoyed this day with her. May I say that I felt like I have a date with my girlfriend? It's been long time I haven't walked around with a girl, after I broke up with my last girlfriend. Though like I said, it more likes tour guide. Well usually when we’re dating we will walk hand in hand, but I can’t do this with her. Her hands, well not only her hands but all of her body is so cold like ice. But really I have fun hanging out with her, until I just realized it’s already evening when we walked around Co-Ex Mall.

She suddenly stopped in front of electronic store. She’s standing in front of display glass with so many televisions inside it. She looked very curious about what she saw.

“What is it? Why so many humans can dance inside that box?”

I held my laugh. “It’s human’s magic box! No, it’s called television. Those humans are not inside it. Television is telecomunication media for transmitting and receiving moving images with sound. A program has to be recorded then send it to satellite so all the human can see everything through it.  We can see many programs from television. And what you’re watching now is KBS Music Bank, one of famous Korean music programs. It’s not only music program that can be watched in it we also can watch everything!”

I turned to her. Her eyes still glued to the television.

“Who are these humans? They sing and dance!” She said softly.

“Oh they are Super Junior. New boyband!”

“Boyband?”

“Ehm they are singers but they sing in group. If only one singer, it’s called solo singer. But if it’s in group it’s called boyband or girlband!”

“Singer? So human who sings is called a singer?”

“Yes. Singer is like a job. That will give them a lot of money and fame, if they’re succeed of course”

Suddenly we stopped talking when two teenagers came and started to scream.

“Oh my God, I forget that today has MuBank! Oh Super Junior, I really like this rookie, they are so cute!” A girl with red scarf really looked excited.

Her friend then commented too. “I love Leeteuk. His smile is so gorgeous!”

The girl with red scarf said again. “I love Heechul. He is so pretty boy. Kyaaaaa!!!”

I could see how confused angel seeing these hyper girls, I pulled her cold hand, then she followed me. We walked outside. We both sat on one bench in empty park in front of the mall.

“Are you tired?”

She shook her head lightly. “I even don’t feel anything!”

“Being angel sounds nice then!” I laughed.

“Kyuhyun, who are those humans in front of television? Why are they looked so happy?”

“I think they are Super Junior’s fangirls!”

“Fangirl?”

“I told you, if human succeed as singer they will have many admirers who will idolize them wherever they go. It’s called popularity. All human in Korea or maybe in this whole Earth will know who they are!”

“So are you a singer too right? I heard you sang today!” She smiled cutely.

I laughed. “I’m not. I’m just a student, even though I want to be a singer!” I sighed then looked at the ground and my mind suddenly flew away.

 The silence suddenly surrounded us. I drowned deep at my thinking. Thinking about my old dream. Is it really an old dream?

I tilted my head to look at her but then I’m dumbfounded. Her face and mine only inches away. I could feel her coldness. And it made me more admit how beautiful she is.

“Your dream. Do you want to be a singer right?” She said with joy in her face.

We still kept this closer. I blinked my eyes. Is she a mind reader? We kept looking at each other deeply. She waited for my answer and I confused what I should say.

“Yes. I really want to be a singer!”

Finally I’ve said that. It’s even surprised myself how come I said that to her very surely.

Angel suddenly jumped. She stood in front of me and held my shoulders tight while looking straightly in my eyes.

“Kyuhyun. I know your dream. Being a singer. Let us reach your dream together!!!” Angel said excitedly.

I was amazed seeing her spirit to help me. She’s even more confident than me. “I think it’s impossible, Angel!” I said weakly.

She rolled her eyes cutely. “Nothing is impossible, Kyuhyun. I’ll help you. Or maybe I’ll encourage you until you reach it!”

“My appa doesn’t allow me to be a singer!”

She realeased her hands on my shoulder, “What do you mean?”

I breathed heavily. “Being a singer is my dream since I was little. I started to like singing when I listened to a mini concert in my kindergarten school. My parents at that time looked so happy every time they listened to my voice. I even composed a song when I was nine years old. And they showed me how proud they were with my child song. When I was growing up, I thought they will allow me to choose music as my…job. But my appa disagree. He even didn’t allow me to be too closer with everything related to music since I was in high school. He wants me to be a high educated man. He wants me to be a lawyer. That’s why, I wanted to forget my biggest dream!” I told her. I told her something that I never told to anyone else before.

“There are so many ways to reach your dream, Kyuhyun!” She said for breaking the silence between us.

I faked a smile to her. “Despite of my appa’s disagreement, being a singer is not easy you know!”

“Really? How hard to be a singer in this Earth?”

“Emm… Firstly, to be a singer, a human has to pass an audition in one of entertainment companies.”

“Audition? Entertainment company?”

“Audition is kind of test. Entertainment Company is a place to train, manage, and support everything for their singer. So if human wants to be a singer, they should join the test in that company. If the other human who owns that company like their voice, they will accept the human to be a trainer in their company. As a trainer, human will get so many practices, such as how to be a good singer. And when the company surely the human ready to be a singer, they will allow that human to sing in front of other human and sing on television.”

“Like that Super Junior?” She asked curiously.

“Uh-uh!” I nodded.

“So that Super Junior also joined audition and to be trainer too before?”

“Exactly!”

“How many entertainment company here?”

“So many. But the most famous are SM Entertainment, the place where Super Junior in it. Also JYP and YG Entertainment, ah too many!”

Angel nodded and looked like she’s thinking deeply.

“Kyuhyun. Let me help you to be a singer! Please believe me!”

We looked at each other again longer than before and without words. Her eyes sparkling. I could see honesty from her voice and eyes. She made my certainty back. She made me recognize again what my dream is. She made me believe that I can reach my lost dream.

“Yes, Angel! Please help me!” I said it as we smiling at each other.

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

The next day, Angel followed me to my college. I warned her so many times to not ask me lot of questions, because I’m afraid my friends will see me speaking alone. But it still didn’t help. During my class, Angel walked around my class. She looked at my friends one by one. She even touched my lecturer’s baldy head which made me laugh and of course made my friends who were sitting beside me looked at me strangely.

I sighed relieved because today I only have one class. I decided to walk the other side of Seoul that I haven’t shown yet to Angel. We walked together in Apgujung. And this time I allowed her to ask me lot like our tour guide yesterday.

I stopped walking when Angel suddenly stopped. She stood motionless while closing her eyes.

“Angel, what happened?” I asked her carefully.

Angel opened her eyes slowly. She smiled a little. “Kyuhyun, go inside this place!” Angel said while pointing to the building where we were standing in front of.

I lifted my head and saw “Chin Chin Radio Station” banner on that building. “Why are you suddenly want to go inside? This is radio station! Nothing’s fun in it I think. It’s the place for……..”

Before I finished what I wanted to say, Angel pulled my hand and dragged me to go inside the radio station. When we already inside, we both wandered around awkwardly. I was very confused what Angel wanted to do here. Some people who passed us bowed to me which made bow to them back.

Angel walked slowly towards the wall and stopped in front of a big poster. “Kyuhyun! I don’t really know what it means. But you have to join what it’s written on it!”

I stood beside her and started to red the poster. “Ah it’s about singing contest which be held in this radio station! How do you know if there is singing contest here and why you ask me to join?”

“I even don’t know. But I have strong feeling. It’s related with your dream I think. And what is singing contest?”

I smiled. This angel is really funny, she asked me to join but she doesn’t know what it is. “It’s kind of competition who is the best singer. The winner of this competition will get many prizes.”

“Oh.. So please join this! Believe me again this time!”

She sounded very serious. Should I join this contest? It’s been a long time since I was winning a singing contest when I was in 7th grade! And how about if my appa knows about it?

But I read what’s written on that poster. This contest will be held in January 17. And wait today is January 16 right?

“Angel, this contest will be held tomorrow!” I whispered to her.

“So what’s wrong? You don’t late!”

“I know. But still… I haven’t practiced for it!”

“You don’t need to practice. You can sing right? Why are you looking so afraid? You have to believe with yourself! Now I don’t know how, but you should join this singing contest! Trust me!”

How can this angel is very sure with my ability when I even looked down about myself? Once again, her courage inspired me. Next I knew, that I’ve already registered myself at this singing contest which be held tomorrow at 12 PM!!!!

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

I scrolled down my playlist at my computer. Played this song, played that song, and played another song. I was just picking what song should I sing tomorrow but I already nervous.

“What are you really doing, Kyuhyun?”

“I picked song to sing tomorrow. I don’t know what I should sing!” I answered frustratedly.

“Why don’t you just sing that song again?”

I turned to her. “What song?”

“The song that you sang before when I thought I heard a voice from paradise!”

That song? What I sang at that time? Ah it’s Now and Forever. “Should I sing that song?”

When I saw she nodded lightly, I got the song to sing tomorrow!!

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

“You should tell your parents, Kyuhyun!”

“My appa won’t allow me join this contest if he knows!”

“It’s better you tell him! I’m sure he will understand about it!”

I sighed. Once again, I can’t say no when I saw the spirit on her eyes. “Okay, I’ll tell him! Wait here!”

I went outside my room and walked to living room where my parents were reading newspapers. I sat on the couch in front of them nervously. My eomma caught me being strangely.

“What happened, Kyuhyun?” My eomma asked which my appa pay his attention from newspapers to me.

“Appa! Eomma! I’ll join a singing contest this afternoon! Please pray for me” I said carefully then bowed to them.

Silence. I kept bowing. I didn’t dare to face them. I cant explain what I felt inside my heart now.

“Kyuhyun!” My eomma said which made me lifted my head.

I looked at my appa. His expression was so flat! I know it it’s gonna be like this.

“Why are you suddenly wanted to join this contest again?” My appa asked me. I saw my eomma’s hand gripped on appa’s.

I cleared my throat. “I’m sorry, Appa. I realized that I’m very love singing.”

I looked at the floor. I really can’t look at them especially my appa face to face. Silence.

Then I heard my appa’s voice. “Do your best then!”

I lifted my head up. What did my appa say? “Appa?”

“Your appa said, you have to give your best in this singing contest, Kyuhyun!” My eomma answered me instead happily. I always know my eomma supports me being a singer.

I stood up happily and bowed again. “Thank you, Appa! Thank you, Eomma! I’ll do my best!!!”

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

“12. Please”

The contestant number 12 then walked into the stage and started singing. I looked at the number in my hand “13”. I got this number by drawing.  I breath heavily. So far, all the contestants are very good. It made me nore nervous.

“Are you afraid?” Angel said beside me.

“Sort of.”

“Don’t worry! You’ll be doing good. I believe in you!”

I looked at her. She smiled at me brightly. The smile that made my heart calmed.

“Angel, why are you so believe with my singing ability?”

“Your voice is….good!”

She chuckled and made me chuckled too. Having her by my side is really helping me to gain a lot confident.

“13. Please!”

I stood up then looked at Angel for a while. I gave her my smile then I walked slowly to the stage. I can see four judges in front of me. And all of the contestants and their suppoerters behind the judges, But my supporter is really stunning. Even though Angel sat at the last seat, I could see her smile and her eyes from the stage.

“Please singing now!” One of judges told me.

I took the microphone and started singing.

Sometimes I just hold you
Too caught up in me to see
I'm holding a fortune that heaven has given to me
I'll try to show you each and every way I can
Now and forever I will be your man

Now I can rest my worries and always be sure
That I won't be alone anymore
If I'd only known you were there all the time
All this time

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

“Okay, now we will announce the winners of Chin Chin singing contest. But before this, I would like to tell all contestants that you did good job. You make us confused to decide who’ll be the top winners.”

It’s the time for the judges to announce the winners. I looked all of the contestants with nervous faces. Well I was not really nervous, because from the start I didn’t hope to be a winner. Got permission from my appa to join this contest was enough for me!

“Alright these are our winners. The 3rd winner Cho Kyuhyun. The 2nd winner Lee Jimin. The 1st winner Lee Junsang! Congratulations for all the winners. All of you please come to the stage to receive your prize!”

Too many claps! Too many yells! Too many greetings! But I still can’t believe that the judge mention my name as one of the winners?

“Kyuhyun, you won! Kyuhyun!!” Angel shook my body.

“What?”

“You became one of the winners, Kyuhyun! Come on!” Angel pulled my hands and dragged me to the stage.

I just back too my senses when I’ve already stood beside the other winners and one of the judges handed me a mini award. I know I’m just a third winner, but it’s still unbelievable for me.

“Congratulations for all of you! We have another prize for you all. Please follow me!”

I followed that judge with another winners and also Angel to one of the rooms in Chin Chin Radio building. A man around 40s already there, seemed like he waited for us. He welcomed us with warm smile and hugs.

“Come on, please sit down!” The man asked us to sit.

We all sat in a row with curiosity in our minds. That man sat in front us then places some documents on the table for us.

“I am Kim Jungmin. A scout talent for SM Entertainment. We never announced before that this Chin Chin singing contest is one of audition too for SM. We made an agreement with Chin Chin that the winners of this singing contest will automatically become the trainees in our company!”

“REALLY?” All of us yelled in disbelief! Especially, Lee Jiah, the only girl winner.

“Yes. It’s true. I’ve watched from here when all of you were performing. And I agree with Chin Chin, you guys are the best!” Kim Jungmin spoke again. “Right in front of you, it’s your contract! You can read all first. We never force you to join us, but you guys are very welcome in our company. Bring this contract along with you on January 20 to our company. In this contract we need your agreement and of course your parents’ agreement. You can’t be a trainee without their agreement right? So guys, we’ ll wait for you in our company three days for now! And welcome to SM Entertainment!”

I heard Lee Jiah was sobbing. I even wanted to cry too.I can’t believe SM Entertainment’s representative just asked me for being a trainee in their company.  But the last statement from Mr. Kim Jungmin scared me. Parents’ agreement!!!!

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

“Kyuhyun. So are you a trainee now right? In the same company like that Super Junior?” Angel said happily, when we walked home.

“Maybe!”

“Maybe?”

“If my appa agree!”

“You have to say right after we arrive at your home!”

“Now?”

Angel stopped which made me stopped too. “Don’t waste your time, Kyuhyun. You already did the best. I’m sure your parents will be very proud of you if they know about this.”

“I’m afraid, Angel!”

“No need to be afraid when it comes for your dream! Kyuhyun, you can do it!” Angel smiled at me.

That big smile which made never afraid of anything. “Angel, are you using your power over this?”

“No. As I told you I’m powerless. Well not really maybe, because I felt strange when I walked in front of that radio station yesterday. But really Kyuhyun, you did it all by yourself, not because of me. I’m just supporting you!”

“You know, you’re my miracle!” I smiled sheepishly.

“I’m not a miracle, I’m angel!”

I laughed seeing her clueless again. “But really, thank you, Angel!”

It's been a long and winding journey. But I'm finally here tonight

Picking up the pieces Walking back into the light

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

And here I am. Sitting on the couch in my living room again, facing my parents who examining the contract that just given by Mr. Kim Jungmin. Waiting for my appa’s agreement made me more nervous more than when the judge announced the winner of singing contest.

I thought my appa read word per word on that contract. He looked so serious.

“So SM entertainment is the company of Shinhwa & H.O.T before?” My eomma asked.

“Yes, Eomma. Shinhwa, H.O.T, BoA, S.E.S, Fly to the Sky, and Dong Bang Shin Ki!” I uttered.

I heard my appa cleared his throat. Really, it made my heart beat faster than before. He put his glasses off.

“Kyuhyun. Do you really want to do this?” He started it with a question.

I looked at my appa’s eyes straightly then took deep breath. “Yes, Appa! I want to be a singer!”

My appa looked at me back. Actually it scares me, but I don’t want to look away because I wanted to make him sure with what I want. I caught my eomma’s eyes teary. I know my eomma wants appa to approve my decision.

Instead of respond to my answer, my appa suddenly stood up. He walked to his office room left me and eomma so dumbfounded. I kept looking at his back even though when he walked away. My eomma looked so worried, she moved beside me then his back. So is this the end of my dream?

“Kyuhyun!” My eomma said to support me.

I turned to look at my eomma and gave her my forcing smile. We looked at each other. Without saying a word, we know what we really meant.

My appa got out from his office room. My eomma and me pay attention to them. He sat on the couch in front of me again then took a pen out from his pocket shirt. He took again the contrack document on the table.

“I have to sign here right?” He said while bent down on the table.

I could feel all my worries gone. My heavy heart suddenly melted. God, did I really hear that my appa will sign the contract for me? I could feel my eomma’s hand tightened mine.

I was so speechless to answer appa’s question. With my two eyes, I saw him signed for my contract.

“Kyuhyun, Appa believes in you. So please, promise to me you will work hard, never give up, and always do the best when you become a trainee!”

“Appa!!”

I stood up then went to him to hug him tightly. It’s been long time I haven’t hugged him.

“Appa, thank you so much! I’ll promise!!”

My appa chuckled then hugged me back. “You should! Fighting my son!”

“So I don’t get a hug too?” My eomma complaint.

I broke my hug with appa, then walked to eomma. “Eomma, thank you!” I hugged her tightest than ever.

“Be the best, Kyuhyun!”

I can imagine how happy and proud I am have parents like them. Suddenly I remember someone is waiting for me in my room. I hurriedly broke a hug.

“Appa! Eomma! Once again thank you! I will work hard and please pray for me!” I bowed to them.

Maybe I looked like have no manner, after bowing suddenly ran my fast towards my room. But I really wanted to tell her about this. I wanted her to be the first who knows about it. I wondered what her expression if she finds out that my parents allow me to be a singer.

When I opened my room’s door………………………………………..

I tilted my head then closed my eyes. A very bright light blinded me. I peeked my eyes then I realized this bight light coming out from Angel. I hurriedly closed my door. My eyes widened when I saw Angel stood happily with…….her wings on her back.

“Angel?”

She looked at me then ran to me and held both my hands tight with her cold hands. “Kyuhyun!!! Can’t you see? My wings are back! I can’t believe it! Oh how about your parents?”

“Ah…Appa allowed me. He already signed that contract!” I answered even though still confused with what I just seen.

“Really? Congratulations Kyuhyun. I know your parents are kind.” She giggled happily. “Maybe that’s why the reason why my wings back. Thank you so much, Kyuhyun. You wanted to help me!”

“Helped you? But you’re the one who has helped me, Angel!”

“But if you didn’t struggle I won’t get this wings and come back to paradise this fast!”

“Come back to paradise? Now?” I asked her while holding her cold hands tighter.

She nodded happily like a little child. “Yes, Kyuhyun. It’s all because of you and your parents!”

“B-but you’ve just here for four days. And you said you will help me to reach my dream to become a singer. I’m not a singer yet, I just will become a trainee. How come you will back?”

“Actually I was curious about that too! But I already hear the voices which calling me to come back to paradise now!”

I felt my eyes teary. I know it’s impossible. Even though I met her four days ago, but she really like a kind of best friend to me. It made me sad knowing she’ll leave me. “Angel, should you go now? I…I want you to still here. I want you to see when I become a real singer!”

“Don’t worry about that, Kyuhyun. I will always watching you from paradise from now on! Please doing well as a trainee, I believe you’ll become a singer very very soon!” She smiled widely again.

“I’ll be missing you, Angel. Thank you for helping me to find my dream again! Will you back here?”

Angel shook her head then hugged me. I felt coldness surrounding my body. But I didn’t care because I’m sure I’ll be missing this cold body. I closed my eyes when I saw the light filled all over my room. And I don’t know what happened next after that.

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

The day after Angel left me, I felt like lost my best friend. That’s why I made my self busy. I search for many songs especially the songs from SM Entertainment artists. Browsed the lyrics of the songs and practiced to sing those songs. I’ve downloaded their artists video and tried to follow the dance steps. I don’t really good at dancing but not that bad too.

My eomma laughed when she’s peeking me dancing to Super Junior’s Twins. I was shy, but my eomma said no need to be shy when it comes about my dream. I laughed when I heard this. She sounded like Angel. Ah I hope she's here with me right now.

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

January 20! The day has come. And I’m here now, standing in front of SM building. I took breath deeply. Nervousness all over my body. I still can’t believe I will be this part of the company. It still unbelievable for me. Cho Kyuhyun. Fighting! Don’t let the people who support and believe in you be disappoint.

I took another deep breath when I felt someone bumped at me from behind.

“Omo~ I’m sorry I’m sorry!”

I turned my body to see a girl bent down to take her books that fell after on the ground after she bumped at me.

“Ah I’m who supposed to say sorry because I was standing here and blocking your way!” I bent down too to take the book under me.

When I was about to give the book to he, my eyes widened and my heart wanted to jump!

“Angel?”

“Huh?” This girl received the book while tilting her head. She looked confused with the way I called her.

But I called her Angel for nothing. I remember this flawless face clearly. I remember those beautiful eyes perfectly. I remember this slim figure really. The differences are this girl doesn’t wear a white dress, she wears a pink T-shirt with blue jeans and white sneakers; she brings many books and bag; and she tails her long hair. And she has loud voice not soft voice

“Hello? Are you okay, Mister?” She waved her hand in front of me.

“Ah, I’m sorry! I’m okay!”

“Once again I’m sorry. Excuse me!” She bowed to me then walked inside the SM building.

I still can’t take my eyes off her until her body gone. How come she looked like the same like her? Suddenly I felt a strange wind blew slowly. The same strange wind with that night when I met Angel. I lifted my head up to see the cloudy sky. I saw something little fell from out of nowhere from the sky. I opened my hand and that little thing landed softly on it. A white feather. Is this feather from her or….?

I smiled brightly. Then I know what I should do now.

I ran to go inside SM building then I saw that Angel looked a like was walking slowly. I ran to her then poked her shoulder from behind.

“Wait!”

She turned her body. “Oh you again! What’s wrong?”

“Are you a..trainee here?” I asked carefully.

“Yes. And you?”

“I’m a new trainee!”

“Really? Ahh I remember, one of my mentors said we will have new trainees from singing contest. So are you one of them?”

“Yes. I was from Chin Chin Singing contest!” I scratched my nap.

“Oh you must be good at singing. Well welcome here!” She smiled widely. Oh God, that smile! Angel’s smile.

“So you are my trainee sunbae then. Please take care of me!”

She laughed. A wide laugh but still adorable. “I’d love to! But don’t call me sunbae, I guess you’re older than me”

“I guessed too. Emmm my name is Cho Kyuhyun!” I offered my hand to hand.

She shook my hand hurriedly. Another differences with Angel, her hand is so warm and soft. “My name is Im Yoona!”

“Im Yoona?”

She nodded and gave me smile again. A beautiful and warm smile. I know she’s not Angel but I can feel this girl has angel side too. I smiled back at her then we giggled together.

Angel, who’s in paradise, do you send this girl for me????

Every heartbeat speaks your name

My dreams came true right here in front of you

My miracle

If you could see what I see

You're the answer to my prayers

If you could feel

The tenderness I feel

You would know

It would be clear

That angels brought me here