Love is More Beautiful Than Flowers

Love is More Beautiful Than Flowers

 

“Aish! This little girl isn’t answering her phone. Where is she?” TOP wondered out loud.

“Why don’t you go look for her?” Jiyong said. He went to the radio to stop the music, indicating to the dancers and the rest of the members that it’s break time.

“Thanks Ji! I’ll be back soon!” TOP ran out of the dancing studio. He went into every room that he could think of where he might be able to find his little sister, but she was nowhere to be found. He’s gone to every dance studio, every piano practice area, and even every recording studio, or, at least that’s what he thought. All of a sudden, a thought came to his mind: Teddy’s recording studio.

 

‘Aha! She might be with Teddy hyung in his studio!’ He went to the elevator and quickly pushed the button to head to the 3rd floor. He went through the hallway and turned the corner to find Teddy sitting on the couch OUTSIDE of his studio. He was simply smiling and looking at his phone.

 

“Hyung? What are you doing out here?” TOP asked while heading towards the couch to sit down next to Teddy.

“Ah, you might want to see the scene in there. It’s so beautiful!” Teddy said, fake crying.

“Uh hyung? I know your recording equipment is like your babies but I don’t see what’s so beautiful about a bunch of electronics.” TOP said casually.

“Not that, you fool! Just take a peek at the door and you’ll see what I mean!” Teddy whispered.

 

TOP raised one eyebrow and stood up to go to the door. He peeked at the door and what he saw was the cutest sight ever, even if his little sister was involved.

 

Eun Young was lying on the couch, obviously a bit tired from her studies, but it wasn’t that fact that intrigued TOP. It was the fact that Taeyang was next to her, with her face facing his chest, and with his arms around her waist.

 

TOP opened the door just a crack, enough for him to put his hand and phone through to take a picture. He silently closed the door again and sat down next to Teddy again.

 

“What happened in there man?” TOP asked, in English.

“I don’t know.” Teddy replied in English, but suddenly switched back to Korean. “You’d have to ask them about that. I gave Young Bae the keys to the studio so he can record some solo songs he has been working on, and I’m guessing we both forgot that he needed somebody to push the buttons outside of the recording booth. After that, I think he asked Eun Young to help when she stepped in the building. And…I don’t know what happened but I took out my spare keys and I saw that.” Teddy chuckled. TOP nodded.

 

“Ah, so that’s the case. I thought she was either REALLY slow in driving or she got kidnapped by a bunch of goons.” TOP said.

“Technically she did get kidnapped, but not by a goon.” Teddy laughed.

 

The two sat there and talked for a long time. Soon after, they heard the door open.

 

~*~*~*~

 

“Eun Young-ah!” Someone called out. Eun Young just got through the YG doors when she heard her name being called. She turned around to see that Taeyang was jogging towards her.

 

“Listen, Teddy gave me the keys to his studio, but I forgot that somebody needs to be there to start and stop the music for me. You know the way around his equipment right? Can you help me?” Taeyang asked.

 

“Sure! SeungHyun oppa can wait for a bit.” Eun Mi went with Taeyang to the elevators to the 3rd floor.

 

“Oh I don’t know about that. He’s very impatient.” Taeyang said while laughing.

 

[In the studio]

 

“Alright, Eun Young I think I need a break. This song is starting to sound great.” Taeyang said. He stepped out of the recording booth and grabbed his bottle of water. He sat down on Teddy’s couch, and soon after saving all of the recorded parts, Eun Young joined him, except she was laying down on the couch. She yawned, so she said, “I’m going to take a nap. Wake me up when you’re ready to start again.”

 

“Alright, no problem.” Taeyang said. After playing angry birds on his iPad for a while, his eyes started to droop, so he laid down next to Eun Young and told himself, “Just for a little bit.” The two soon got comfortable in their sleep and cuddled without either of them knowing it.

 

After a while, they both slowly started to stir in their sleep.

 

‘Ugh, I don’t remember my pillow smelling like Vanilla.’ Taeyang thought.  

‘Argh, I don’t remember my pillow being so hard.’ Eun Young thought.

 

They both opened their eyes at the same time.

“Oh!” Eun Young and Taeyang gasped at the same time. They both noticed their awkward position so they quickly sat up.

 

“Ah, sorry about that. We must have dozed off.” Taeyang said casually, trying to ease the tension, but obvious that his cheeks were tinted pink.

 

Eun Young, whose cheeks were also pink, said, “Ah, um…it’s fine.” She looked down at the floor to avoid his gaze.

 

“Eun Young-ah, why are you looking at the floor? You should be looking at me.”

 

“W-why?” Eun Young felt the weight on the couch lift off, meaning Taeyang had gotten up. She walked over to where Eun Young was sitting and used his index fingers to lift her chin up so they were face to face.

 

Taeyang slowly inhaled, and then exhaled. “I…like you” he whispered.

 

Eun Young sat there, wide-eyed, and shocked. She opened , but no sound was able to escape. Instead, her next instinct was to hug him. She spontaneously put her arms around his neck and they stayed like that for a while.

 

“So, Eun Young, would you be my girlfriend, please?” Taeyang smiled. He took out two rings. Couple rings.

 

 

“사랑은꽃보다 아름다워.” Taeyang said. (A/N: Love is More Beautiful than Flowers, which is the engraving on the rings. The smaller Korean text on the bottom are probably two names, so pretend that says ‘Eun Young’ [은영] and ‘Young Bae’ [영배])

 

Eun Young smiled and nodded. He put the ring on the fourth finger on her right hand. He then took his own ring and put it on the same finger.

 

“Alright. Let’s go.” Taeyang stood up and grabbed her hand. He peeked out the doors to see Teddy and TOP sitting there. Eun Young froze for a bit.

 

“Eun Young, relax. I’m a part of his band. Jiyong’s not going to let him kill me.” Taeyang chuckled. Eun Mi calmed down a bit.

 

They both stood there, inhaled deeply, exhaled, and Taeyang opened the door with left hand, while his right hand is still holding onto Eun Young’s.

 

“Here we go.”  They stepped out.