Chapter 1

Dangerous Encounter

“Eunji, take order for table twenty one.” Chorong who seems busy as Eunji voice out while carrying the plate of food on her hand.

Eunji and Chorong has been friend for years now. Surely friend from high school. Eunji is a dongsaeng that Chorong cherish most. Eunji also rely a lot to Chorong. Therefore she has no other sibling and Chorong is always kind and be there for her in every time. Eunji came to Seoul to find a proper job. Even being a waitress is not an option for her but it is a decent job for now.

. Since today is weekend the restaurant does not full with customer yet seven table already has full with customer that want to fill their stomach with heavy breakfast “Right away, unnie.” Eunji left the payment section. She do not want the customer waiting for long time. Customer satisfaction is a very important to a waitress like her. She did not want their anger to affect the restaurant because of her mistakes.

Table twenty-one is full with four gentlemen. As Eunji walked to the table she studies their appearance. Seems  like they having heated discussion Two of them wearing business suits.  As the other two men wearing the casual black clothes but still trendy with leather jacket. She at first believe that the men are model because of their height but more she looks at them it seems not like as she thinks. Eunji just shrugged and makes fast step to them.

“Good morning, what would you like to order?”. As she look at them one of that wearing business suits turn his gaze to her. Their eyes locked. Eunji without her knowing gulped her saliva. The intimidating man studies her face. He hold their gaze as Eunji keep looking at him. His expression hard and no smile on his face that leave Eunji slightly scared.

“This man looks dangerous somehow.” Eunji talked to herself. Surely the men not hear she said that as she speaks in her mind.  

As she took their order, Eunji tried her best to not look intimidate by a man who kept looking at her. She do not have a six sense but she thinks the man have dangerous aura with her. Eunji walked back to the kitchen to place the order.

“Woah, what is that feeling?.” She asked herself as her eyes travelled to the previous table with four gentlemen. “Do not think you can stand beside him, Eunji. That is not your right place to be with him.” She scold herself as she thought that might be a chance she could be with a man that kept gazing on her at the table. Surely he is filthy rich and Eunji note herself that she has no chance whatsoever to be with him.

She only shrugged and slipped the thought from her mind. She did not care anyway as the matter of fact she only thinks to start better life. Surely men was not in her way. The reason she want to start better life moving from Busan to Seoul brought the sad story in her life. Her parents and her brother died in most painful way. Her parents died in an accident when she was 14 years old and her brother been murdered just two month away. The police that handle the investigation suddenly closed the case leaving Eunji in defeat.

She’s only twenty-four. What woman in that age can do beside rely on her brother but she cannot anymore since her brother could no longer be a protector of her and what she could do best is protect herself. She let the tears running on her cheek as the thought occurred on her mind.

“Miss…” she heard someone calling her name but she ignored as the thought of her life did not disappeared yet.

“Miss..” The voice of a man calling her again and she stand straight and wiping the tears.

“I’m truly sorry, sir.” She bow and apologized to the owner of the voice and raised her head to look at him. She gasped as she looked at a man who wearing a business suit along with three other men standing in front of her of payment section. Staring at her. She cleared .

The man did not say anything and he just give Eunji his card to make the payment. Eunji take card on his hand and do the job professionally. She gave back the card to him. The man only nodded once and left to the front door of the restaurant. Her eyes following them.  Before he left the man turned to look at her. Their gaze locked in three times today before he make way to the door.  

Eunji truly ashamed of the situation yet she cannot do anything as it already happen. She scold herself as she did not her job properly. She promised herself that it would never happen again.