Hey, what's your number

Babe, what's your number?

A/N: Hi this is going to be a fun oneshot where Joy keeps asking Yerim for her number. And Yerim will keep giving her wrong numbers until she finally gets the right one.

 

Today it’s going to happen. Today is finally going to be the day. Today Park Sooyoung will get Kim Yerim’s actual number. She has been asking for years and the woman of her dreams would never give her the digits. Well today is going to be a change.

 

“Okay, Soo. You’re going to get your girl’s number today.”

 

The auburn-haired woman walks away from her desk and heads to where Yerim is. The blonde is busy typing up a report. Sooyoung leans up against the desk and smiles charmingly.

 

“Hey, so how about you finally give me your number, babe?”

 

The blonde stops typing immediately and looks up with wide eyes. Here Park Sooyoung goes again with that asking for her number nonsense. It’s been years and the woman just will not give up. Well Yerim knows just how to fix that.

 

“Okay, I’ll give you my number.”

 

Sooyoung’s eyes get huge and she nearly falls onto the floor. Did she hear that correctly? Is she finally going to get Kim Yerim’s number after so many years of begging the woman to give her the digits.

 

“Wait, are you really serious?”

 

“Do you want it or not?”

 

“Yes, duh. What is it?” The taller woman has her phone out immediately to take Yerim’s number down. She leaves in an excited rush after because now she finally has the woman she’s wanted for so long actual number.

 

“Bye-bye, er.” Yerim laughs out loud. Sooyoung will surely be in a rude awakening later. It’s later that evening when Sooyoung dials the number and it’s certainly not Yerim’s voice on the other line.

 

“Hello.” The woman answers in a crisp business-like tone. She sounds older than Yerim too.

 

“Um…”

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yerim?”

 

“Yerim?” The woman repeats. “You’ve called the wrong number. My name is Bae Joohyun and if you’re not a client in need of a lawyer, then please hang up.”

 

“A lawyer?” Sooyoung’s eyes are wide in shock. Who the hell is Bae Joohyun, and why did she call her instead of Yerim.

 

“Yes, do you need a lawyer, Miss?”

 

“Well, no but…”

 

“Okay, look. This is probably one of Yerim’s tricks again. I suggest you take this up with her, goodbye.”

 

Bae Joohyun ends the call quickly and Sooyoung is in shock still. Yerim gave her a number alright. She just gave her the wrong number.

 

“Oh, no she didn’t. She really gave me someone else’s number.”

 

Sooyoung will have words with that woman alright. How dare she give someone else’s number instead of her own. The next day at work Sooyoung storms over for Yerim. The blonde is sitting there playing games on her phone and not looking bothered in anyway. Sooyoung really should forget about this woman just because she gave her the wrong number. Such a thing isn’t easy to do, however. She has been head over heels for Kim Yerim almost as soon as she was first introduced.

 

(Flashback)

 

It was a typical boring day at work for Park Sooyoung. She sat at her desk simply making paper airplanes just to throw at her other coworkers. The auburn-haired woman was just about to throw one at the back of one of their heads when someone walked in. It was a gorgeous blonde holding a box of her belongings. There is a newly vacant seat in the desk a few places down from her own.

 

“She must be new.” Sooyoung thinks. The beautiful blonde sits down and begins unpacking her things. Yes she’s new alright. Sooyoung isn’t one to not introduce herself to the newcomer. She stands up and walks over confidently to the blonde. She smiles and reaches out her hand.

 

“Hi, I’m Park Sooyoung, and you must be my future wife.”

 

“What?” The blonde looks up with semi wide eyes that quickly turn into a wary expression. Who the hell is this woman to say she’s going to be her future wife. Sooyoung chuckles nervously at her expression. Perhaps she came on a bit too strongly.

 

“Um, never mind. Hi, my name is Park Sooyoung.”

 

“Kim Yerim, nice to meet you.”

 

The only thing Sooyoung remembered then was the feeling that it was going to be very nice getting to know one Kim Yerim.

 

(End)


 

“Kim Yerim!” The taller woman shouts when she gets over to the desk. She has to remind herself to calm down. Of course, when she meets those bright brown eyes of Yerim’s it makes her weak for a moment. She almost forgets why she’s angry. But then she remembers.

 

“How could you give me the wrong number?”

 

“What?” Yerim pretends to sound innocent. “Did I really?”

 

Sooyoung looks less than impressed. Yerim isn’t good at playing innocent. It’s one of the things she really likes about the woman. She has a very prankster and playful nature that’s similar to her own. Sooyoung would normally respect such ways. But not at the actual expense of herself.

 

“Why won’t you give me your number? It’s been years and you know I won’t quit asking.”

 

“You’re right, Soo. That’s why I am going to give you my real actual number.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, really.”


 

Yerim gives her number and Sooyoung takes it down. She will call it during her lunch hour just to be sure it’s really Yerim’s number.

 

“This better be your actual number.”

 

“Of course it is.” Yerim nods. “Cross my heart.”

 

“Okay, it better be.”

 

The blonde watches her walk away and it’s painfully hard to keep a straight face. This is really way too much fun, and she knows Sooyoung will certainly be pissed when she calls that number.

 

“If I could be a fly on the wall when she calls that number.”


 

The auburn-haired woman dials the new number and now that she thinks about it. The number shares similar numbers with the first.

 

“Doesn’t mean anything yet.”

 

She waits and finally the voice comes on the phone and it is most definitely not Yerim.

 

“Hello, you’ve reached Kang Seulgi, CEO of Kang Entertainment. Are you an artist, or potential artist?”

 

“What!” Sooyoung screams.

 

“Ah, or did you mean to call my wife Joohyun? Our numbers are similar. But I’m afraid I’m not a lawyer just a head of a record label.” Seulgi smiles. “Who am I speaking to?”

 

Sooyoung is trying her best to not scream again. Of course Yerim gave her the wrong number again, why wouldn’t she?

 

“Kang Seulgi?”

 

“That’s right, and you are?”

 

“I was trying to reach Kim Yerim.”

 

“Yerim, oh I see. This is another one of her pranks. I apologize but she has given you the wrong number. Goodbye, and have a nice day.”

 

“Yes, goodbye.”

 

Sooyoung ends the call and deletes the number just like she had the first one. She has never had this much difficulty in getting numbers. Sometimes she doesn’t even have to say anything and she gets numbers. Why is Kim Yerim making her life so miserable. The auburn-haired woman marches back to the office.

 

“I’ll either kiss or kill her. I haven’t decided yet.”

 

She finds out quickly that Yerim has conveniently left for the day.

 

“How very convenient of her to leave early.” Sooyoung sighs. She’ll get her number yet, it’s only a matter of time. Still, Sooyoung can’t help but be discouraged and when she is discouraged she has to go to the one person who makes her feel better.


 

It’s later that evening when Sulli hears banging at the front door of her house. She would be alarmed if she didn’t know that particular banging.

 

“Mom!” Sooyoung shouts from outside. “Are you home? I forgot my key.”

 

Sulli chuckles at her silly daughter. She must have made her twenty sets of spare keys by now. The older dark-haired woman opens the door and smiles.

 

“Why don’t you ever hold onto the keys I make you?”

 

“I don’t know.” Sooyoung shrugs. As a mother it takes no time for her to tell something is wrong with her child. She hugs her daughter and brings her inside.

 

“Okay, baby. Tell me what’s wrong?”

 

“I’ve been asking my co worker for her number for years now, and she still won’t give it to me. She even gave me two wrong numbers.”

 

“This is that Yerim girl you told me about?”

 

“Yes.” Sooyoung nods. “I’m either crazy about her or just crazy at this point. What do I do?”

 

Sulli doesn’t like to see her daughter upset and especially not over a crush. But this doesn’t really seem like any regular crush. Sulli has seen her daughter with silly crushes that went away with time. This isn’t one of those times.

 

“Aw, sweetie. I know it’s hard when you really like someone, but don’t get discouraged. I know you and you never give up. I’m sure everything will work out for you.”

 

“Is this some sort of mom thing to make me feel better?” Sooyoung eyes her mom with slight suspicion. The dark-haired woman rolls her eyes playfully and hugs her daughter again.

 

“It’ll be fine, sweetie.”

 

“Thanks, mom.”

 

She always feels better after talking to her mom, and if she thinks everything will be fine, then that’s all she needs to know. Sooyoung knows she will go into work with her held head high and demand Yerim quit playing games. She will get her actual number even if it kills her.

 

When she arrives at work the next day she waits a bit before she walks over to Yerim’s desk. The blonde is again on her phone and playing games. Sooyoung walks over and sits against her desk.

 

“Okay, look here. You’re going to give me your real number, and I am going to call you right now to make sure.”

 

Yerim looks up and nods. “Okay, Sooyoung. You’re absolutely right. It’s time I gave you my actual number.”
 

“Yeah, it really is.”

 

Sooyoung gets the new number and she calls it. She eyes the blonde suspiciously because she really sort of doesn’t trust Yerim.

 

“Hello, you reached Dr. Son Seungwan, is this a medical emergency.”

 

“Oh, it will be. Sorry, I have the wrong number.” Sooyoung ends the call and looks to see that Yerim is trying her best to not laugh. She fails of course and ends up cracking up in loud laughter.

 

“Having fun?” Sooyoung deadpans.

 

“Yes, did you see your face. I’m sorry, really.” She says through a few more laughs. “I didn’t mean anything by it. I was just having a little fun with you.”

 

Sooyoung likes fun. She likes fun as much as the next person. It’s just sort of not funny anymore. Because she really likes Yerim. The blonde notices how far away the auburn-haired woman looks and well, she never meant for it to get so far where feelings might be hurt. She does actually like Park Sooyoung.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry.”

 

“Yeah, don’t worry about it. I won’t ask for your number again.”

 

“Hey, wait…” Yerim calls out but Sooyoung doesn’t stick around. She simply goes back to her desk. The blonde feels bad then for a number of reasons, as for the rest of day Sooyoung just seems in another world entirely. She does her work quietly. She doesn’t spend anymore time engaging Yerim with conversations, and when it’s time to go. The taller woman doesn’t even look her way. She simply packs her work bag and leaves. It’s here that the blonde knows her pranks have gone too far and she isn’t the only one who thinks so. Later on, when she’s having dinner with Seulgi and Joohyun. The older couple let her know she should make things right if she can.

 

“I sort of messed up.” Yerim tells her friends.

 

“You sort of messed up?” Joohyun asks.

 

“How do you sort of mess up?” Seulgi wonders.

 

“Well, you know Sooyoung? My coworker I told you guys about?”

 

Joohyun and Seulgi know because Yerim has told them a lot about this woman. They also know because she gave their numbers to her as means for a prank.

 

“You went too far when you gave our numbers to her.” The lawyer says. “Did you even apologize?”

 

“I did, but it wasn’t enough. I really hurt her feelings today, and I didn’t mean to.”

 

“Hey,” Seulgi gently speaks. “We know you didn’t mean it. But she needs to know you’re sincere. You should try to make it up to her.”

 

“She sounds like she really likes you. God only knows why.” Joohyun teases and Yerim almost misses it.

 

“Hey, that wasn’t very funny, old woman.”

 

“You don’t have to have dinner with us.”

 

“Did I say old woman?” Yerim laughs nervously. “I meant gorgeous, generous, and kind woman.”

 

“Whatever.” Joohyun doesn’t buy it. “Seul is right, though. You need to at least make it right.”

 

Yerim knows the older couple is right. She did take her pranks a bit far, and she’s going to try to make it up to her. The following day at work Sooyoung gets off the elevator and promises herself she is done with Kim Yerim. She will no longer talk to her unless it’s just for work related things. She will also do her best to get over the woman.

 

“Okay, Soo. You’re getting over her starting today.”

 

The auburn-haired woman gets to her desk and is surprised to see a basket sitting there. She sees a cute stuffed chicken plush, a card, and some of these really great banana macaroons she’s grown to love. Only she can’t think of anyone who has paid enough attention to know she likes these.

 

“Hey!” Sooyoung shouts at one of her male coworkers. She is sure he was probably checking her out at some point.

 

“I thought I told you I wasn’t interested!”

 

“What?” He sits stunned and nearly drops his coffee. Sooyoung gestures to the stuff on her desk.

 

“I didn’t put that stuff on your desk.”

 

“Oh…” Sooyoung nods. “Well that’s good then. Make sure it stays that way.”

 

She feels stupid for even jumping to conclusions and, so she is just going to move this stuff off her desk when someone speaks.

 

“Are you going to open the card?”

 

Sooyoung looks to see Yerim standing there nervously. There’s no way she could have put this here, right?

 

“Ms. Kim,” Sooyoung nods.

 

“Soo, I’m sorry. I was having fun, but I never meant it to go that far. I also didn’t mean to hurt your feelings either. I hope you’ll accept the gift.”

 

“You bought this stuff?”

 

“Yes.” Yerim smiles some. “I see you go through those macaroons in record time.”

 

“You pay attention to me.”

 

“I pay attention.”

 

Sooyoung smiles back and of course grabs the stuff chicken out of the basket.

 

“Was the chicken really necessary!”

 

“It looks like you. But don’t worry it’s cute.”

 

Sooyoung can feel her face getting red. Yerim thinks she’s cute? How can her day get any better?

 

“I’m buying you a turtle one, then the chicken can have a friend.”

 

“I would like that.” Yerim agrees. “I’m naming my turtle Katy, though and I want it in pink.”

 

Sooyoung nods and grabs the chicken. “Her name is Joy.”

 

They laugh then at their silliness. This is why Sooyoung always thought they would be a good match. It just feels right.

 

“I really am sorry about my pranks. Open the card.”

 

Sooyoung opens it and sees it’s a number and and it simply says call me.

 

“What’s going to happen when I call this number?”

 

Yerim takes her phone out and gestures to it. “I’ll answer.”

 

It’s a huge risk calling this number when all the other times they had been wrong. However, Yerim seems sincere this time and she has put in some effort to make things better. The taller woman calls and the phone rings in Yerim’s hand. She answers.

 

“Hi, you’ve reached Kim Yerim.”

 

The smile on Sooyoung’s face is priceless. It’s what she has wanted to hear for almost forever, and she laughs.

 

“Well, it’s about damn time. I’ve been getting the wrong number for too long.”

 

“I know, and I’m sorry for that. Forgive me?”

 

“Only, if I can also finally call you my girlfriend.”

 

Yerim ends the call and walks over to Sooyoung. She gently takes the phone out of her hand and leans up to kiss her. The kiss takes the taller woman by surprise. It doesn’t mean she isn’t about to kiss her back. Sooyoung leans down into the kiss and wraps her arms around the shorter woman. Her day really has gotten better. They break away and Sooyoung must ask her for clarification.

 

“Are you my girlfriend?”

 

“What do you think, babe?”

 

“Yes!” Sooyoung nods. “Finally, I almost gave up but I’m glad I didn’t.”

 

“I’m glad you didn’t either.”

 

Sooyoung is just so glad she also finally has Yerim’s number. She is however a little curious about something.

 

“Hey, so who were those three I actually did speak to?”

 

“Oh, them. Don’t worry, they were just three old women. Okay, girlfriend you need to get back to work.” Yerim tells her and gives her hand a squeeze before walking away. The blonde doesn’t get far because Sooyoung holds onto her hand and pulls her into another last kiss.

 

“Okay, now everything’s all made up. Get to work, girlfriend.”

 

“I will. See you for lunch later?”

 

“You will.” Sooyoung agrees and sits down to her desk. She really was about to give up on Yerim, but she is also really glad that she didn’t. She was sure that Kim Yerim is her absolute perfect match, and now she has complete confirmation that she is.

 

“I finally got my babe’s number!”


 

A/N: caught in my Joyri feels and so we have the first of a few Joyri things I’m working on, and I hope you all liked it too. I felt it was fun and it really did fit them. Thanks for reading.