Somebody That I Used To Know

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jane saw the profile of an attractive young man studying what the spectators had unanimously decided was the best photo in her exhibit. She couldn’t shake off the feeling that she knew this person, so she slowly approached him to get a better view.

 

 And she couldn’t believe her eyes

 

 “Myungsoo?!”

 

The man snapped out of the trance he was under to see who had called out his name. And he couldn’t help but break out into a wide grin when he saw her, displaying that infamous dimple on his right cheek “Well if it isn’t my favorite junior. Come here and give me a big hug, little Strawberry”

 

Jane was still flabbergasted and could only weakly pat his back in response to being enveloped in his lean yet sturdy arms. “I can’t believe it’s been ten years” he whispered into her hair.

 

‘…’ she thought as she took in his intoxicating scent mixed with his perfume. The years have done her senior nothing but good. His hair was shorter than it used to be during their photography club days in high school. And although Jane missed the thought of running her fingers through what used to be his medium-length locks, she had to admit that this style complemented the sharp angles he had developed, replacing what used to be his boyish charm with a sly appeal. Suddenly she was flooded with memories of muffled moans, disheveled school uniforms and tight broom closets, with a curiosity of how different it would be with him now creeping from the back of her mind. She shook her head to rid herself of sullied thoughts and the flush that was forming in her cheeks.

 

“What are you doing here, Myungsoo?”

 

He gently pulled back from their embrace to get a better view of the younger girl. “Oh so it’s Myungsoo now is it? Whatever happened to ‘L’? And is that how you greet an old friend who you haven’t seen in a decade?” he flashed her a smirk.

 

She scoffed at his mention of the word ‘friend’. That wasn’t quite the word to describe what they had. He had been the one who taught her everything she knew, from comprehending the composition of a shot, to figuring out the aperture and shutter speed on her camera. He was always there to listen to her express all her hurt and frustrations, always offering helpful words of wisdom that lead to her overcoming her struggles. But in the dark, his lips knew how to elicit pleased sighs from her as they mapped her body, just as her hands understood how he desired to be touched.

 

And yet, he wasn’t ever her boyfriend. They were by no means even ‘dating’. They never really talked about what they had, but at that point in her life…whatever it was the two of them shared, meant the world to her. But life wasn’t a fairy tale, and he had enlisted to join the army as a combat camera before they could even properly talk to figure out whatever the hell they were.

 

She was still really overwhelmed with seeing him again that she could only respond to his words with a blank stare. “Ah, I see that nothing has changed. You’re still as cold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter