Episode 1: See You Again

Behind Your Back

Behind Your Back

Characters:

Hong Euijin | Lee Junyoung | Baek Yebin | Lee Euijin

Cameos: UNB & Uni.T

Genre: Romance | Friendzone

Associate: UNB & Uni.T

Posted Date: Friday

Numbers of Episodes: 4

Episode 1 : See You Again

It was really awkward moment that Euijin was staying in between the boys. At her left side was her best friend, Lee Euijin whom she just had argued for days and the other side was Jun whom she was having a complicated relationship.

She sighed and kept thinking of her friend, Soeun and her boyfriend Chan. When would they come here? If it hadn’t been for the sake of being Soeun’s friend, she wouldn’t have come here to get awkward glare from Jun and Euijin.

After competition ended and UNB won, Leader Feeldog suddenly called his friends out and invited her to their party because she was a friend of Euijin and Soeun. Firstly, she didn’t want to come for having a small fight with Euijin; however, Feeldog tried his best to make her sitting here.

They were having beef soup as dinner in an ordinary restaurant and now Euijin became a middle girl among boys.

While other people were enjoying their dinner, Euijin sat still without moving her body. She rolled her eyes around and met Jun’s glare. She got her back cold and turned away to meet another eyes of Euijin.

She gulped. What kind of the situation she got here?

Soeun, she needed to be here and help her out.

“What’s matter to three of you? You guys look awkward. Isn’t food delicious?” asked Feeldog, breaking the silence among them.

“No, I am just full.” Jun said coldly before he took the first shot of drink.

“You are full without eating?” leader kept asking curiously.

What the heck happened to him? They were happy at the moment in the competition and now he got cold all of a sudden? He remembered he hadn’t eaten anything yet sine the evening. He shouldn’t be full like he spoke. Something must be wrong to him.

To break awkwardness, Lee Euijin pretended to be grinning and having cheerful face again; acting like he usually did.

“Let’s eat. I was just praying for the food.” Then he started eating.

Feeldog quit thinking about his weirdness and went on his party with Euijin speaking next to him.

The only one woman sighed, feeling terrible to see that pretended face again. She wondered how many times she makes him suffered like this?

Lee Euijin was a fake happy virus, and she just found out after that day.

She glared at Jun who kept drinking without eating and looking at people around him. She could feel his pain.

Of course, three of them were on crossroad. She didn’t know which route she would go to. She left Euijin a pain and destroyed another woman’s romance. She felt sorry for Yebin; thus, she couldn’t go on with Jun.

She wished she could have returned to the moment of her beginning and stopped all her nonsense action.

Closing her eyes, Euijin reminded of the first day she entered to this kind of complicated romance. She did regret all she had done to them.

………………

A month ago

Sometimes, Euijin was curious why she was left alone and studied by herself. Next to her, she used to have Soeun tagging along. Yet, these days she started to disappear. It seemed like her friend had hidden things from her.

Euijin spent her morning to read a research book in a café near her college. Immediately, her shoulder was hit and she found her best friend Euijin was grinning to her there.

“Where is Ms. Speaker? Today, you were alone. No, I saw you had been alone for serveral days already.” Euijin spoke up, placing his on the seat in front of her informally.

Ms. Speaker, he was talking about was Soeun. Because of her loud voice, Euijin gave her such a nickname.

“I don’t know. It seems like she has somebody else to walk with. She isn’t coming to me recently” She told him and kept reading the book.

“Want to know the reason?” Lee Euijin winked his eyes, giving her a wonderful smile.

“What is happening? You know why?” She dropped her pen on the table, raising her face and giving him a curious glare.

“I smell something fishy. She has a crush on Chan. I saw she was peeking him.” Her friend tried to hold his laugh while he was telling.

Her jaw dropped and she looked at him unbelievably.

“Seriously? How come? She used to dislike him. And now you told me she had a crush on him? That is no way. You are joking with me.” She shook her head.

Soeun liked Jun. This was the fact she knew about her.

“You are straight forward. You don’t know anything about love.” He kept laughing and shook her hair messily.

Euijin pushed her friend’s hand away and gave him a dead glare.

“What do you know about me? Are you God of Love? How could you know if some people are in love? You are single man, prove me if you have good eyes” she bit her lower lip and deal with him.

“Okay, let me show you my skill.” He moved close to her with smiling eyes and picked her left hand.

“Let watch them. What do you think they are together?” He pointed his finger to a couple at Euijin’s back.

The girl turned back and saw a young couple who had just finished their meal. The guy was taking out his wallet and paid the bill for their lunch.

Looking at their high school uniforms and the bags on their chairs, she thought if they were close like friends. They must have lunch after doing school work together.

“They must be friends or teammate. High school students today are hard working. They go anywhere to study together.” She spoke.

Hearing her answer, Euijin laughed. “You, fool. It’s obvious that they are couple.”

“Yah, I’m not fool and why are you sure if they are couple?” she hit his hand and frowned.

As soon as a couple passed by their table, Euijin immediately grabbed the young guy’s hand with a sweet smile.

“Are you a student from xxx?” he asked.

“Yes.” The younger guy nodded gently.

“I heard that you guys were going to have a mock exam soon. Wish you luck.” He cheered them up.

“Thank you..” they bowed him.

“Anyway, your girlfriend is really beautiful. What a lovely couple!” he admired them.

The girl blushed and the boy was smiling proudly.

“Thank you, you guys look good with each other too.” He spoke and said good bye later.

After they left, Euijin turned his face to his friend with his eyebrow raised.

“See? They are couple.. I am a mind reader though”

Euijin was speechless. She picked him again and pointed to another couple who were at the left side.

“Guess those people, who are they? I will admire you if you know this time.”

Euijin stared at the young adult couple, following his friend’s deal. They both were having a funny skinship and giggling happily. People may think if they were a couple, except Euijin noticed something wrong between them.

Both of them shared bill for their meal.

“They are like us, best friends.” He told her.

“How do you know? The girl let him shake her hair and she picked his cheeks too. They are a couple more than friends. Your analysis is nonsense.” She pouted, disagree with him.

“Yah, I have my methods. I will show you the evidence.” Then he waved his hand to call the waiter here.

One of them came and asked if they needed any helps.

“I made a deal with my friend. She said they were couple and I guessed they were friends. Do you know about them?” he asked.

“Oh, I know because they are our regular customers. They both are friends. ” What the waiter said made Eujin proud of himself.

He winked to his friend.

Euijin bit her low lip, wondering if Euijin was really a true mind reader.

“How do you know? Please tell me..” she couldn’t help not to ask what was in her mind.

“You know, the first couple.. The guy paid for the meal. It’s obvious that he is a boyfriend. And this couple, they share equal bill. They must be friends. ” he laughed and spoke out.

“Wow, you have a good eye, sir.” The waiter admired him with his thumb.

“You are so cool and scary at the same time.” She hissed and asked him another question.

“So what about them? The woman is paying for the meal and the guy is standing still. A jerk boyfriend?” she pointed to another guy who let the woman pay for the meal.

Euijin giggled and picked his friend’s forehead.

“If the woman pays for the meal, she must be a wife because husband never has his own money after they get married HAHAHAHAHA” he laughed louder.

“Is this true?” Euijin turned her face to ask the waiter.

“Yes, Mr and Mrs Jang are spouses. ” the waiter nodded, agreeing with him.

Now Euijin is speechless =_=

Since Euijin found out if Soeun had a crush on Chan, she just left her alone with her one side love action. In her year 3, she needed to find a place for internship. She decided apply for a small studio which her senior had introduced to her.

It was said that the studio collaborated with some directors of the TV Channels and produced ost for drama. Then she passed the shortlist and entered the first step of interview.

She told Soeun if she couldn’t accompany her for interview preparation; thus, they separated.

Euijin came to the studio earlier to prepare her well manner. She did interview with the main producer with good result. She was one of the two interviewees whom passed this for her talent and creativity.

Now she was sitting with another participant, facing the producer together.

“Both of you are really talent interns that we need. Unfortunately, the composing team needs only one trainee there and another one would be sent to department of communication.” Said the producer.

Both of the interviewees looked at each other deeply.

Euijin bit her lip, having high commitment to join the composing team. She applied to have internship here for training her song composed skill. She didn’t want to be transferred to the communication team though.

However, her competitor was a famous online singer, Lee Hyunjoo. She was cute and she could sing very well.

Euijin was worried if she lost her by reputation, charm and talent.

“So I decide to let Team leader Lee make decision. He used to be composer trainee here and ended up becoming team leader in the young age. He is senior of college; I think he would make good decision to pick up the suitable trainee for his team.” The middle age man told them.

Then, they let the two girls enter the studio. In the dark light room, there was a young man walking with his music and had earphones on his ears.

On his table was full of papers and CDs.

All of a sudden, Euijin almost lost her breath when she saw Jun was there. What the heck he was doing here?

Don’t tell her, this is the team leader that the producer said.

Jun raised his head when he felt somebody enter and he saw the two girls coming. He took off his earphones and gave them a comfortable smile.

“You are here for interview?” he asked.

Euijin nodded formally. She got awkward already; unlike Hyunjoo was smiling happily to the tall man.

“Oppa, I’m coming here to work with you. Let pick me ok?” She ran to him and started acting cute.

She was really cute. Euijin admired her.

But wait… did she do corruption in front of her? She would lose her breath again if she didn’t hear another sentence from Jun’s mouth.

“Haha… Hyunjoo, although we are cousins, you can’t use connection to request me. It’s unfair for another participant. You both will have equal challenge to pass this.” He giggled.

WHAT? THEY ARE COUSINS?

Euijin was surprised. Would she pass? Slowly, she wanted to give up on this place after seeing Jun’s face. She could imagine how she would suffer when they work together. She couldn’t do well with him around though.

“Euijin ssi…?” he called her name softly, got her awake from her daydreaming.

“Yes?” she replied surprisingly.

“We will start interview right now..” his voice was deep enough to kill her heart.

“Ye… yes” she hesitated.

“To make a good song, how would you make it?” he asked.

“First we need to think about the concepts. What concept you would like to make? Cute, girl crush, ballad or hip hop, then start thinking about the storyline of the song to produce lyric. Thus, we can start making the song with the music we would like to hear.” Hyunjoo answered happily.

Jun nodded and smiled gently to his cousin before he said “Good. You improve a lot. Picking a song we like, is really good.”

Then he turned to look at Euijin and gave her a question look.

“You want a good song to you yourself or listeners?” she didn’t answer directly, but questioned him back.

Jun frowned, feeling curious why he was asked. She was really extraordinary. Normally, the interviewee he asked, never claimed for clarify questions though. Most of them pretended to be knowledgeable.

“What is difference between compose song for myself or listeners?” he asked back.

“If you compose for yourself, you must not care if your song will be listened or popular. You just want to make it for yourself to hear or someone you want to be listened because you have your own concept and storyline for it. Then, just follow your heart. Go to anywhere for a walk and keep thinking about the pictures in your imagination. Don’t focus on being in the studio. Enjoy yourself with some view and try to create the imagination of song in your ear. You will hear your future sound. ”

“……………” He was silent and nodded, keep looking at her.

“If you want your song to have listeners or being popular, you must target your audience first. Who are the people you want them to listen to your song? Teenagers? Young adults? Middle age people? Grandpa or grandma? Worker? Politicians? Ost in the TV? Just pick up your target audiences. Then do research and pick up the song concept that is suit to the story you want to tell them. Music is decided by your analysis toward the audience.” She continued.

“Oh, I learnt a lot from you. You are really careful. You are right. The composer is also a communicator, and he needs to communicate to the specific audiences too” He admired her and nodded.

Standing up again, Jun clapped his hands while Hyunjoo and Euijin followed him too.

“I made decision already. Hyunjoo, you are suited with communication department more.” He told his cousin.

The little girl forced her dry smile and clapped her hands too.

Even she was disappointed that she couldn’t make it to the compose room, she admired Euijin’s talent too.

Euijin’s mind went blank and she was surprised later.

It means she could make it right?

……..

Euijin started her new daily life to work and study at the same time. Thank for the research club she joined in university, she had enough theories and knowledge to support her work in studio.

Jun introduced her their co-workers, Bae Jiye called Zn, Bae Woohee, Kang Yuchan and Park Daewon whom were also their classmates too.

Wohee and Zn are siblings, but they have different concepts. Wohee was friendly and high fashion. She was iness from the birth while Zn was lady of awkwardness. However, they were nice to juniors.

Euijin got along with the two ladies really fast and learnt a lot from their advice. She felt warm and thankful for having two ladies in this team or she would have felt lonely among the guys.

Since she joined the team, she got to know more about each person’s personalities in real life. Chan and Daewon looked like popular guy materials because they were good communicators. Many people respected them for their talents. Surprisingly, they both had never been in relationship even once. Whereas Jun whom looked like a cold guy, had higher dating experiences than her grade.

Never judge the books by its cover.

Chan was busy to join music competition. He was making music by himself and rarely came to the studio.

Daewon was like a woman on her period when he was composing the song. He hid himself in his office room and rarely came out. Recently, Wohee and Zn were busy helping producer to build connection with some agencies, leaving Euijin alone with Jun.

After complete all her tasks, Euijin organized her place in order. When she saw Jun was working with his music, she decided to leave him silence and came out to get fresh air.

Today was another beautiful day in the spring season. Many cheery blossoms spread its aroma over the areas, giving people fresh mind.

Euijin took out her phone and put earphones in her ears. She suddenly wanted to listen to music that was suited to this situation.

She played ‘See you again’ by the Promise for Cherry blossom concepts.

~ After this cold winter passes by
When the season that we promised arrives
I’ll come back for you yeah
Feel the warm sunlight
When it makes you feel warm inside
I’ll come back for you yeah ~

There are so many things I have to tell you
Oh baby
I’m singing this song to tell you how I feel

~ Let’s see each other again
when the sky allows us
When we see each other
I’ll have so much to say
Can you wait for me?
Can you promise me?
I’ll come back to you ~

Slowly, she closed her eyes and some times in the past were repeated at that moment.

The tall boy that she missed all her life popped up in her imagination.

……………

Flashback to 10 years ago

Euijin in her 12 was such a sweet girl in her first year of middle school. She was a popular princess that many students wanted to be friends with. Her father was a company’s CEO and many school staffs respected her as well, including the principle and teachers.

While she was having her fame at school, another fatty boy was bullied and discriminated by the school.

“Lee Junyoung, you fatty! You shouldn’t have lived here…”

“Yah, I will make him my foot, fatty pig hahaha..” A group of teenagers were surrounding the little boy and making a fun of him.

Seeing this scene, Euijin frowned to their rudeness. She was thinking how to help him and she came up things.

“Hey, principle is walking here. Let go to class.” She yelled to those kids.

“Really? Let’s go..” They all ran, leaving Jun hugged his knee and cried himself.

The girl came to him closer and sat in front of him. Her soft hand was holding his arm and pulled it from his knee.

“It’s okay. They are gone by now.” She said softly.

Jun raised his face with teary eyes. He saw a smiling little angel in front of him.

“No one wants to be my friend because I am too bad.” He whined.

“From now on, I will be your friend.” She held both his hands.

Jun wiped his tear and gazed at her.

“Really? Why do you want to be my friend? I am not good looking”

“Because your heart is more beautiful.” She kept smiling.

Since then they became best friends. Euijin never cared what people talked about them and she kept tagging Jun along in the group she was in.

Many friends of her advised her to never hangout with him because her reputation would decrease. However, she never listened to them.

Euijin told Jun to attract friends by being good grade and she taught him how to study well even though he was her senior.

They joined study club together and went on together. Some people thought if they were more than friends, Euijin agreed with them and replied that they were siblings alike.

“To be healthy, you need to lose some weight. I’m not telling you to make a change to satisfy people, but you change to be healthy for yourself. Stop eating junk food and go to exercise with me” she told him.

“Oh” he nodded and followed her.

Before class and after class, they ran for exercise together. Under cherry trees, the two best friends always witnessed and walked across the falling leaves together.

Cherry blossom was their memory after all.

Euijin advised Jun what to eat for vitamin gained. Sometimes passed by, Jun was growing more handsome day after day.

He was taller and lost some weight. Plus, he became the top score senior admired by many juniors.

They kept hanging out till the day Jun had to leave for overseas training scholarship.

It was the pink day for them under cherry trees. It was in mid-April and cherry blossom was so beautiful on the road. After leaving the short course class, Jun took Euijin here for their last memory and short time good bye.

Meanwhile, Euijin never knew that the day would come to her; thus, she was enjoying herself walking with him. He was the gift of friend material sent by the god to her.

Although she had many friends, they never let her trust them like she did to Jun.

“It’s been two years that we’ve become friends” Jun began talking while wind was blowing the leaves and its aroma to them.

Nodding, Euijin thanked to god for giving her a best friend by herself. Remember to two years ago, she was an innocent 12-years-old girl who thought the world was full of white land. Jun was a fatty 13-years-old senior whom was bullied and made to cry a lot.

They both became friends and grew mature together. She couldn’t imagine the day without him by her side. She needed him for long term best friends who would come to her and listen to her story. One day, if he had a girlfriend, she would try every step to be her close friends too.

But…. Jun will have a girlfriend in the future? She suddenly felt sad if it happened so.

“I’m thankful to all effort you have given to me. You stayed by myself on the day I need you the most.” He continued.

Wind kept blowing, dragging many leaves to fall over their heads.

“I wish we could be close like this for everlasting time..” he sighed.

“We will..”

“Will you make a promise that we are still close friends after I comeback?” his question got her back cold.

Was he going to leave her?

“Comeback? Where will you go?”

“You know my home teacher called me two days ago that I had passed the scholarship to study in U.S. I could finish high school there and came back here later. My mom wanted me to go to XXX University too. I have to challenge myself for her too.”

Although it was a sad goodbye to her, Euijin kept smiling to him till the end.

“It’s good opportunity for you. I will be cheering you.” She winked to him, pretending to be playful.

“After two years, we will see each other again. Will you promise me?” he asked.

“Yes of course. Don’t eat a lot when you are there. After two years, you may become fatty again and I may not recognize you” she was joking.

“You, brat.” He shook her hair messily and ran away.

“Yah, Lee Junyoung!” she was running after him.

They ran along the road which was full of cherry trees. Both of them never expected that, they would never see each other again like they promised.

After Jun left, Euijin’s family went bankrupt. They sold their house and moved to the middle class areas. Due to the family’s econmy, Euijin decided to transfer to a lower class high school to continue her study.

She felt all alone without Junyoung. Most of her friends started leaving her after her family’s business failed. Both of her parents decided to restart their lives again by owning a small business in the market.

Euijin needed to make new friend but she became a poor communicator after her confidence was lost.

While she was sitting on wing in the children areas, someone flopped his to sit on the wing next to her.

Turning to look at him, she found the same age boy was a box of milk loudly.

She remembered that he was her neighbour.

“You want some?” he handed her another box of milk from his pocket.

Sighing, Euijin accepted the milk without saying thank you. Then she was drinking with him.

They both were silent for a while before the girl broke the awkwardness first.

“Why did you give me the box of milk?” She asked.

“My family runs a milk enterprise in this neighbour, but it’s not the reason I gave you the milk.” He replied with his poker face.

She gave him a weird look.

“In the morning, my mom and dad was arguing because of this milk. A regular customer wanted to purchase many sets of milk. Yet, we just ran them out. There were a few boxes of milk left. My dad wanted to sell them to that man, but my mom didn’t agree. She said no one was allowed to have this leftover milk before the production started again. All this milk is for Euijin. Days ago, I heard your mom called you, Euijin. I thought you had the owner right of this milk too since we shared the same name.”

After hearing what he talked, she almost choked the milk for laughing so hard.

How come he spoke funny things with this poker face?

At that time, Lee Euijin and Hong Euijin started becoming close friends. A year later in high school, Euijin made friend with Soeun too.

Jun came back and lost the news of his best friend after she moved and transferred. Due to his continuous success, Euijin decided not to appear in front of him. She wanted to leave a good image of her in his mind.

Her current self was uncertainty for both study and family. She felt shy to face him. She was afraid if she was completely removed from his memories. She started having one side crush on him and watched him behind.

Euijin built good grade and made herself in the same college as Jun’s junior with her mate, Soeun. Her family business was growing again and she had herself focus on her study fully.

Year 2 and semester 1 passed by, Euijin decided to show up in front of him. She couldn’t handle to pretend to be stranger again. Even he may forget about her, she needed to make a try for herself.

She wanted to become a close person to him again.

On that day, Euijin dressed very well and came to look for him at his department. She planned to make a confession; yet ended up seeing unacceptable scene.

“I like you. Would you be my girlfriend?” Jun was giving a bouquet of roses to a beautiful girl in front of him with his smile.

The girl was Baek Yebin, an innocent junior at the singing class. Euijin knew her because she was popular.

She never expected to see this. Jun was having another better girl than her.

Yebin smiled and accepted his flowers.

They hugged each other while Euijin turned back and left with tear dropped on her cheeks.

Then, she picked not to meet him again.

……………………..

Opening her eyes again, Euijin found Jun was standing in front of her with a gentle smile. She took off one earphone and asked him.

“Is your work finished?” she wondered why he was here. She had seen him in the room at the moment.

“I left when I saw you had left. I just wanted to get fresh air to clear up my mind” not asking for her permission, he placed his to sit next to her.

Gulping, Euijin felt awkward to be with him closely like this.

“It’s really a good day. It’s worth to come outside..” he said, unknowing he made someone uncomfortable.

Euijin avoided this awkwardness by focusing on the song in her ear instead of him.

“What song are you listening?” unexpectedly, Jun took one of her earphone and put it in his left ear.

She rolled her eyes and met his, then avoided later. Why did he do that to her?

Sharing earphone and listening to the song together, she was so uncomfortable.

“See you again? It’s suited to the weather today” he smiled and enjoyed the song while wind was blowing and cherry leaves were falling over their place.

When the storm ends
And clear clouds cover the sky
I’ll come back for you yeah
When the red leaves fall and
Rainbow colored flowers start to bloom
I’ll come back for you yeah

There are so many things I couldn’t tell you cause I was shy
Oh baby
I’m singing this song to tell you how I feel

When time goes by and I see you again
After the long wait happiness is waiting for us
Let’s talk about happy things
What I wished for a long time becomes reality
As time goes by
My heat wants you even more
Heart to heart
We’re attracted to each other even more
When this song ends I’ll come back for you
So even if it’s hard, wait for me babe

Even if you’re tired of waiting
Don’t forget me
Don’t let go of my hand my boy
When I’m out of your sight
I’ll hide my heart
Just for you

………….

The song was finished. Jun turned his face and looked into her eyes.

“I suddenly recalled something. I found you were familiar.. Have we met before?” his question got her back frozen.

Did he find out who she was?

“Oh, I knew you now” he screamed surprisingly.

Euijin felt like her stomach was shot at the moment.

Did he really find out? She was pale.

“We met at the soccer areas. Remember, your friend was hit by my shot and Chan helped her. I felt sorry to hurt her at that time.” He spoke up.

She breathed relief. She thought he found out something though.

“That’s okay. My friend is alright now.”

“Are you two juniors from our department?” he suddenly asked.

Did he notice her too?

“Yes.” She nodded.

“Oh no wonder, I found you familiar. I hope we can get along in the future.” He gave her his handshake.

She applied his hand and nodded.

………..

Recently, Euijin started feeling comfortable to Jun. She didn’t get awkward like before. She chose to erase their past and started again as the co-worker, and senior-junior relationship.

Yesterday, Jun had given her a lot of lessons in real work. She wanted to thank him; thus, she bought two cups of coffee for them enjoy together.

As soon as she entered the room, the smile she was wearing on her face suddenly removed when Jun wasn’t here alone, but with his girlfriend, Yebin.

“Hey, Euijin. You come on time. Let me introduce you. This is Yebin, my girlfriend. She is a vocalist student that will come to help us for this song.” When Jun saw Euijin, he immediately introduced them.

“Yebin, it’s Euijin that I told you. She is my junior and co-worker.” he continued.

Yebin turned to Euijin and waved her hand to say hello “Hey, Euijin. Nice to see you. I heard a lot about you.”

She really had a sweet voice. Euijin felt like she was disappearing like the sunset when she was with this beauty. However, she kept forcing her smile.

“Nice to see you, Yebin. You are so sweet.” She waved her hand back.

“Euijin, I hope we get along.” The sweet girl held her hand.

Getting awkward in this situation, Euijin stared at the coffee cups in her hand, and she decided to give them to Yebin and Jun.

“Oh, how about you?” Yebin asked her innocently after receiving the coffee.

“I don’t like coffee. I thought Daewon was here so I bought for him. You can have it. I am going to continue my task.” She smiled drily and avoided herself from them.

‘’Let see my work. Do you like it?” Jun called his girlfriend to listen to his song.

Having a secret gaze at them, Euijin sighed and went on her work. She couldn’t focus on her tasks right now for seeing their movement.

When will she be able to give up on him?

Euijin didn’t know how much time she had spent in the compose room. Waking up again, she found herself working in the room alone.

Jun and Yebin had already left. He took his girlfriend home when she was about to leave first. It had been raining outside.

Euijin forgot that she didn’t bring umbrella today. How would she leave this studio?

Thinking about this, she took out small photo from her wallet to look. It was the picture of her and Jun when they were together. She moved her fingers on Jun’s face and she almost cried out.

How much suffer she need to handle more? It was stuck for her to pretend to be a stranger to him.

She sighed to herself and threw away all her thought. It was time to focus on work, not romance. She told herself.

At the 9 pm, she completed organizing her stuff and turned off all light before leaving the room. She was watching the raindrops outside the building and kept thinking if she should call her father to give her a ride.

Under the heavy raindrop, another shadow of the tall man was running toward her with the umbrella in his hand. When he came closer and closer, she realized it was Junyoung.

Why is he coming here again? Didn’t he leave already?

Jun stopped his step in front of her and let his umbrella cover her body too.

“I would take you to the bus stop. It’s dangerous for you to go there alone and it’s raining dog and cat here.” He spoke up.

“You are coming through the rain here for me?”

Euijin was surprised. She never expected he would come here for her.

“Yes. After I took Yebin home, I came here to have a check if you are leaving yet. It’s good that you haven’t gone anywhere alone yet. It wasn’t safe for a woman to walk alone. I will walk you there.”

“Oh..” she was moved by his words.

Under the whit umbrella, the tall man was walking an emotionless face woman through the raindrops. They didn’t talk much, letting rain sound control their moment.

Euijin secretly looked at Jun’s poker face and she released her smile unknowingly. She wished the time wouldn’t go. All she wanted was to stay with him like this.

Staring at the rain, Jun suddenly broke the silence by his unexpected laugh.

“Why are you laughing?” Euijin looked at him weirdly.

“I recalled something in the past when I am walking with you across the rain like this.” He answered softly.

“Why?”

“I used to have a best friend and she was my first friend. She encouraged me to stand up like this…” he started talking what was in his mind.

Euijin kept looking at him.

“I had a great childhood memory because of her. We used to walk under raindrops together in the raining season because we studied after class. Honestly, I didn’t like study part time because it was tiring to study all day. Yet, I went to part time class because of her. I wanted to see her more than being tired. It was really happy that we were crossing the rain and had hot soup on the small store together. I always miss her on the raining day and in the spring time.” He smiled alone softly.

Euijin tried to hold her tear. She never expected he would always remember her like this.

“Where is she right now?” she pretended to ask.

“I don’t know.” He waved his head and continued “After I came back from overseas, I would never find her. She had transferred and her house was moved. I thought we were best friend so she would be with me in my heart. Time passed by, I completely forgot how she looked alike. I only remember her smile.” He sighed and continued “Am I a bad friend? I only knew that her name was Euijin. So I kept making friend with people whose names’ Euijin even he was a boy. I thought the possibility if she changed her gender too.” He tried to make a fun to avoid from the fact he was being sad, but he found Euijin was crying next to him.

“Why are you crying?” he shocked with her.

“I’m sorry. I’m too emotional to hear your story. You must be very sad.” She tried to lie and waved her tear.

“If I knew you would be into the story telling like this, I wouldn’t have talked. It’s not that sad thing. I am alright. Can you see it?” he explained

“Yes..” she pretended to laugh.

Next day, Euijin didn’t come to work and she asked for a day off permission because she wasn’t feeling well. She wanted to call Soeun out but ended up calling Euijin instead.

Euijin was a wise advisor; she believed that he could solve her concerns.

They met at a regular café. They had a great talk at the beginning till Euijin decided to tell him her concerns today. She believed that his advice let her pick the right choice. However, she never confessed that it was related to Jun.

She just told him about her best friend in the childhood and she met him again after a long separation. She confessed if she had a crush on him for ages, but it seemed too late for them to meet again. He already had someone by his side.

Should she keep pretending to be stranger or confess him who she was?

Slowly, Euijin’s smile disappeared after he heard about her love concern. He needed to make a wise decision for this serious case.

“Are you talking about Lee Junyoung?” he suddenly questioned her with a serious gaze.

She gulped; getting surprised how he found out. She remembered if she never told him anything related to Jun or their university.

How come he found out about her?

“Euijin… you knew it…?” she got shocked.

“Why I don’t know about you, Hong Euijin? I knew you well more than anyone. Just you never notice it..” he sighed and gave her a clear speech.

But… why?

 

To be continue..