Story

1, 2, 3!

“...Is he watching?” SeungRi glanced towards the large window facing SeungHyun's back, nodding once and watching the nervous man across from him biting his lip. He wasn't sure if it was guilty feelings due to how this had mimicked his honest actions before that he'd turned down or whether he was just apprehensive, but they'd agreed already to go through with this.

 

Having crawled best he could in order to hide his convalescing broken leg, DaeSung was peering from behind the sofa. Able to see where the two men were talking in what he felt assured was a hidden enough spot his eyebrows furrowed as his boyfriend-...his ex, put a hand against his friend's shoulder. What were they talking about out there and why hadn't SeungHyun come to the door as usual? Was he finally giving up on him? After being dumped through a text it should have stuck but he'd kept coming around until DaeSung thought he was going to be hiding from him like this forever. He was waving his hand now in the direction of the house dismissively, shaking his head at the same time as he gestured between them, SeungRi looking to his face with an unreadable expression. Even after news of his accident had spread DaeSung had made sure to stop any talk about his injury, SeungRi had promised he wouldn't tell SeungHyun in particular and it didn't look like he'd broken this promise. So what on earth were they-?

 

Feeling his lips on his for the second time SeungRi felt his body tense in immediate response. At least this time he'd been the one to come up with the idea, after setting SeungHyun right about why DaeSung was no longer talking to him, breaking his promise but only because his friend was too thick headed to see that he didn't need to lie like this, and especially not alone like he had been. If this didn't work he didn't know what else could.

Mh...” It was unfortunate that SeungHyun was so quietly vocal when he was roused, SeungRi grimacing slightly and glad to have the other man blocking DaeSung's more than likely now tunnel-vision so he didn't wind up blowing the whole stunt. He wouldn't want to have let him kiss him for nothing and, as he heard the door latch, SeungRi felt himself finally relax.

 

They were kissing, SeungHyun had given up on him, he'd replaced him with SeungRi and DaeSung couldn't believe how betrayed he felt because of it.

Hey!” He'd managed it out the door after seeing the impossible in front of him, hands instinctively grabbing for the dusty crutches he'd refused to learn how to use and stumbling along under the sheer will of outrage alone.

DaeSungie-”

What the hell do you think you're doing?!”

 

SeungRi had seen the lift before SeungHyun had turned, watching his shaking eyelids fly open, eyes like sunshine behind them to hearing DaeSung's voice after so long being ignored, but turning to him wasn't receiving a similar response in return. In fact, he wasn't looking at SeungHyun at all, with that scowl on his face, eyes open as wide as SeungRi supposed he could get them and with fire behind the stare that was aimed directly at him alone.

DaeSungie, it's not what it-woah...!” SeungHyun's gangly, unathletic body pulled out of the way just in time, SeungRi never thinking DaeSung could move that fast before the accident, let alone now that he'd been distressing over being half a man for the past month and a half. He knew he'd have a strong reaction, but to tackle him to the ground?

 

No, stop that, DaeSungie...!” SeungHyun had never been the most forceful or masculine person in DaeSung's life, his hysterics now only showing that some things never changed as he attempted verbally to break up the tussle going on in front of him on the lawn.

I trusted you!” DaeSung's voice came from just by his ear, SeungRi unsure where either of them were located in this any longer, only able to make out the smell of grass and dirt and to come to the safe conclusion that his face was pressed into the ground because of this, “You said you didn't even like him!” He wanted to fight back but his body still wasn't quite on board, in a word, he was too shocked. DaeSung wouldn't acknowledge his injury, wouldn't do the exercises in order to get better, wouldn't accept his boyfriend's love, but he would dive on top of the friend who'd kept him going whilst he was mired in self-pity? It was at that moment he felt the response going through his nerves, turning from where he'd been breathing in soil and throwing his arms out to successfully match the grip DaeSung was attempting on him.

I don't-” Pausing to spit out some errant blades, SeungRi returned to facing off on the ground, never expecting to feel DaeSung's grip being pulled away from him due to SeungHyun's interference.

Don't hurt him, he loves you...!”

Get off me-!” The same shock didn't set in to seeing his friend instinctively try to stop whatever was restraining his anger, instead only seeing he'd regret it if he did and diving forward from his new found freedom to grab at his leg. The one wrapped tightly in plaster and casting. SeungHyun was weak enough for DaeSung to be pulled back out of his arms, eyes shooting open wide when he heard the groan of pain before he once again hit the ground.

 

...Why didn't you tell me?” The damage hadn't been major, it only natural for DaeSung's body to hurt when SeungRi made him use any part of the leg he'd been neglecting and leaving to atrophy out of spite. It was obvious why he hadn't wanted to tell, soccer itself had been hard enough for a jock like DaeSung to give up, he hadn't wanted SeungHyun to see him as useless to his own needs as well, not that SeungRi was about to interject with this.

...I don't know...” It seemed hardly fair that DaeSung was the one being fussed over whilst he was leaning over the sink, attempting to wash all the grass stains from his cheek without aggravating the scrapes and bruises from such an altercation.

Well I won't let you get away with that anymore, I'm moving in starting tomorrow to keep an eye on you.” SeungRi rolled his eyes to the dramatics, expecting no less from SeungHyun when just days before he'd cried his eyes out over DaeSung before attempting to gain the affection he needed from him. This was another thing he was going to keep his mouth shut over, only wishing he'd opened it earlier about DaeSung's injury so he wouldn't need to be tending to his own right now, “How bad is it?”

Hmm?”

Your leg, I mean...if you could tackle SeungRi then when I move in...you and I...you could still tackle me, right?” Although maybe it would have been better to never bring it up in the first place.