Final

Summer Lovin'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Summer, the perfect season for fun under the sun; either a stroll in the park, a trip to the beach, or to those who liked it extreme like Donghae and his friends Youngwoon and Sungmin, a few days of hiking on an island outside the city.

 

The three purposely woke up extra early that day with camping bags prepared the night before, and though they were obviously sleepy particularly Donghae, excitement were visible in their eyes. They all agreed to meet at the pier where they rented a small boat to take them to their destination. No one bothered bringing their phones with them. They planned on making this trip their temporary escape to the world to unleash all the stress built up inside them because of their work. Not that there was reception there anyway.

 

Putting the last bag into the boat, Youngwoon looked around and frowned when he only saw Donghae.

 

“Where's Sungminnie?” He asked.

 

Donghae shrugged. “Don't know.”

 

The eldest was about to say something when Sungmin popped out from nowhere.
 

“I'm here! Sorry I had to go back and look for my bunny keychain.” The strawberry blond apologized and held up the broken keychain on his hand. Youngwoon nodded in understanding while Donghae merely smiled.

 

The trip to the island took minutes with Donghae taking a nap on a chair he found inside the boat and Sungmin and Youngwoon eating the packed breakfast made by the former. The two were cousins and both being the only child in their family made them really close they treated each other as brothers. They met Donghae way back in high school and had been inseparable ever since.

 

Sungmin was the cute bunny of the group, the aegyo king. He was a kind and jolly kid that even the grumpiest person smiled once he showed his bunny grin. But never anger this guy; he's really good on Chinese martial arts. Good thing though he had long patience and all in all he’s a sweet and caring guy.

 

Youngwoon was the exact opposite. He had a large built complete with the gift of height. He’s rather a rough kind of guy with his short temper and loose mouth. But despite of it all, he’s a softy on the inside that’s why the two always called him their teddy bear.

 

Donghae was the complicated type of guy. He’s always composed and not talking too much so you’d have a hard time figuring what he’s really thinking. Despite being the youngest, he’s always the one showing his mature side but beware once he became the rare 5-year old, he’s so cute you couldn’t bear to say no once he shot his puppy eyes on you.

 

"Hyung I think you should save some for Hae.” Sungmin commented when he noticed how Youngwoon had been eating the food all to himself, not even bothering to ask Donghae if he wanted some.

 

The buff man looked unaffected. “He’ll just grab some if he’s hungry besides, he’s sleeping.” He pointed at the said guy who remained immobile on his place, his cap placed over his face.

 

“…Point taken.”

True to be told, Donghae really did sleep it took every ounce of Youngwoon’s patience not to throw the guy at the sea unprepared. Sungmin laughed and like a sack of potatoes, placed the still sleeping Donghae on his shoulder and let the eldest bring their things.

“I’ll be fetching you after three days okay? Have fun and take care.” The boatman bid farewell and finally left.

 

The two then started looking for a perfect place to set-up their tent. Sungmin gently put Donghae on the sand and carefully patted his cheeks to wake him up.

 

“Hae wake-up we’re here already.”

 

“Five more minutes.”

 

The cute guy sighed. He straightened himself, finally giving up on Donghae. He guessed he’ll just wake up on his own accord. He walked towards his cousin who was looking or more like glaring at the scattered parts of the tent, obviously having no idea on what to do.

 

“Hyung~”

 

“Minnie come and help hyung with this.” Youngwoon said to which was replied with a chuckle.

 

“You need my help or need me to do it? You obviously don’t know how to set-up this thing.” Sungmin teased. The other was about to defend himself but got tongue-tied since what the smaller man said was true.

 

The setting up of the tent took them almost half an hour not adding the minutes spent on Youngwoon’s whines, also the time it took for Donghae to finally wake up.

 

Blinking the sleepiness away, the brunet made his way to his friends who were already sitting near the shore only to sit beside them and lean on Youngwoon’s shoulder.

 

“Yah if you’re gonna sleep again I swear I’ll throw you to the sea.” The eldest threatened but of course, the youngest didn’t mind it, sure enough that it was just an empty threat. Instead, he adjusted himself to a more comfortable position, snuggling against the eldest even more.

 

“I kind of regretted on agreeing to this trip when you chose to go this eerie hours of the day. The sun is not even rising yet!” Donghae complained.

 

“But we’ll get to see the sunrise here! Isn’t it great?!” Sungmin tried to lift up the mood and as if on cue, the sun started to rise making the three guys speechless. Their eyes shone when the sunlight spread throughout the sea making the view in front of them breathtaking.

 

“We’ll surely gonna have fun these three days right Minnie? Hae?” Youngwoon asked with a grin towards his two younger brothers.
 

Sungmin nodded excitedly while Donghae simply smiled, silently agreeing on the eldest’s words.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Oh my ghad hyung can’t you get any faster?! I’ve been standing here for centuries my legs are starting to get cramps! I didn’t even wear my compression stockings today my perfectly shaped legs will be ruined!”

 

Jungsoo rolled his eyes at the younger as he continued to place their things inside the chopper. “Then stop whining and just get inside!” He shouted. His bratty boss was always exaggerating. He’s standing, yes, but only for a few minutes.

 

Hyukjae stomped his right foot and walked with a pout on his face. “I swear hyung if I checked my legs later and found a single prominent vein I’ll get every cent of your salary for the ‘repair’!”

 

“Yeah yeah I got it now put your flat inside before I do it without even opening the damn door!” The elder barked and in a second he found Hyukjae inside sitting with a defeated look.

 

After finally making sure everything was settled, Jungsoo sat beside his boss, or Kim Hyukjae, son of the owner of the well-known company of jewelries Hee-Spen Co. Kim Heechul. The latter was known as an openly gay guy so many wondered where Hyukjae really came from. Ever heard of a baby maker? Yes he got that bratty of a blond through it.

 

Hyukjae was spoiled to the core by his father, maybe that’s why he’s such a diva and instead of getting irritated about it, Heechul was quite proud (“He’s my son after all!”). But being the busy guy that he was, he needed someone to keep an eye on his baby. Enter Park Jungsoo, a guy prettier than girls (but not prettier than Heechul.. he won’t hire someone like that), a nagger worse than normal middle-aged women, and a man scarier than the prime minister of some country when angered. He may be angelic in appearance especially when he smiled showing his small dimple on his cheek but never underestimate him when it came to disciplining children. Hyukjae learned all of them the hard way. That’s why Heechul was quite pleased with him. The man could make Hyukjae obey him without saying anything twice despite all the whines and complains of his baby.

 

“Why the sudden trip to Jeju island anyway?” The butler (more like the babysitter) asked the blond beside him who was beaming on his seat.

 

“I suddenly have the craving of visiting the Teddy Bear Museum.” This was the plain answer of Hyukjae that Jungsoo had to shut his mouth and take ten deep breaths first.

 

“That was your reason?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“But there’s also one in Seoul.”

 

Hyukjae looked at Jungsoo like the elder had grown another head. “What the heck is wrong with you hyung? Of course I know that but I need a change of scenery so why in the world would I go to Seoul where I live?!” He shouted.

 

The butler shook his head. Arguing with a brat with a bird brain was always complicated and pointless. Their small conversation was interrupted when the chopper began experiencing turbulence scaring the life out of the blond.

 

“HYUNG WHAT’S HAPPENING OHMYGHAD ARE WE GONNA DIE NO WE CAN’T I STILL HAVE TO MEET PARK SEOJOON AND MAKE HIM GAY FOR ME!" Hyukjae screeched as he held tight on to Jungsoo for his dear life.

 

"We have been experiencing engine problems and will need to have an emergency landing." The pilot's voice sounded through their head phones and despite the fact that the blond annoyed the hell out of Jungsoo, he still hugged him tight as he held the younger's head on his chest. He knew that behind those words Hyukjae was really scared and he loved the kid so much to just let him die of heart attack.

 

Hyukjae kept still on his butler's arms, too afraid to move. He tried to steady his ragged breathing as different things started to rumble in his panicking mind. He immediately thought of his father and how much he loved him despite the million times he tried setting him up with his business partners' sons, too old or too young for him. Then came Choco. Ah, his loyal and cute puppy. He had her when he was still in his teens and now that he's 23, the dog was still with him not leaving his side. As much as he didn't want to admit it but Choco was the only one he got aside from his butler and father. People around him told him he's too y and diva-ish that they cannot stand his attitude. It hurt him to the core of course. But he wouldn't give them the satisfaction knowing how their words affected him and he wouldn't let them know the hidden jewel inside the diva Kim Hyukjae; a simple-minded, gullible, and adorable boy.

 

His thoughts were interrupted when he felt their chopper going down, those thinking replaced with negative thoughts that he could just mutter prayers taught to him by his Uncle Siwon, his dad's best friend despite their obviously different outlooks in life.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyuk.."

 

"....Hyukjae.."

 

Slowly opening his eyes, he was met with a worried Jungsoo hovering over him, slightly tapping his cheeks to wake him up.

 

"Hyung.." He groaned as he felt his bones cracking with his every move. After fully regaining his consciousness, he looked around and frowned when all he saw outside were trees.

 

"Where are we? What happened?"

 

"The chopper thankfully landed safely but I'm afraid we're at the middle of nowhere. The pilots cannot contact anyone and our phones don't have signals." Jungsoo reported and Hyukjae felt his world crashing down.

 

They decided to get off the vehicle bare-handed (Jungsoo reasoned out that the bags were just burdens to bring and they could just get it back once they found help or returned to Seoul) leaving the two pilots there with a promise from Jungsoo to get them once they found help (Actually Hyukjae wanted to slice their heads off for putting his and Jungsoo's life in danger that the least he could do for revenge was to leave them).

 

Once they were few feet away from the chopper, Hyukjae immediately slumped off the ground and burst to tears, his arms flailing everywhere not giving a damn about dirtying his clothes.

 

"Appa!!! Hyung! I want my Appa!" He cried like the child that he was, fat tears rolling down his flushed cheeks. He looked up to Jungsoo, eyes screaming frustration and helplessness the elder could only sigh.

 

Slowly the butler walked towards his baby of a boss and sat in front of him. He patted his hair as he offered him a gentle smile, the gestures he's sure would calm the blond down. And of course, the latter visibly relaxed and his violent crying subsided to soft sobs. Jungsoo opened his arms and on instinct, Hyukjae crawled towards him and snuggled on his chest, burying his face on the crook of his butler's neck.

 

"Hyung..."

 

"I know. Don't worry I'll take care of you. We'll go home in no time okay?" Jungsoo cooed the younger and smiled when he felt him nod.

 

He helped him stand up and securing the younger's hand on his, they started walking around, a small hope inside their hearts that someone out there would help them survive.
 

 

***

 

 

Donghae was sitting on a small foldable chair lazily grilling their fish while the two cousins were playing by the water. A little payback for sleeping while they arranged the tent they said. He was poking the fish with the tongs on his hand when he paused and stared at the fish looking back at him. He felt shivers ran down his spine when he noticed how scrutinizing those stares were.

 

He sighed. "Don't look at me like that. I know this is cannibalism to me but I have no choice but to cook you then eat you." He murmured dejectedly on those judgmental eyes that were staring at him.

 

His moment was disturbed when few rustles were heard behind him. Thinking that it was just the wind, Donghae dismissed it and continued sharing his sentiments with the grilled fish. He froze though when he heard murmurs behind him. He looked in panic towards his friends but they were so into their own world to notice him. Slowly putting the fish on the paper plate, he carefully stood and turned around, holding the tongs as a weapon just in case it was some sort of a wild animal or something. But, much to his surprise, he saw two angels with slightly dirty appearances looking back at him with relief on their faces.

 

The one with sandy blond hair smiled at him revealing his cute little dimple he couldn't help but smile back.

 

He's definitely an angel wearing dirty but obviously sophisticated clothes.

 

His gaze then turned to the one with platinum blond hair and he let out a soft gasp as he took more of his beauty. Was he also an angel?

 

"Ohmhygad Jungsoo hyung look a fish-looking caveman grilling a fish! What a cannibal! But oh well at least we saw someone other than us." The younger blond exclaimed as he directly went in front of Donghae.

 

"You... Ccaavveemmaann caaaan.. yooooouuu.. undeerstaaand.. whaaat.. I am.. saaaayiiiing...?" He asked, emphasizing each word while making exaggerated movements with his arms.

 

...Okay maybe he's a devil in disguise.

 

Donghae stared blankly at the blond in front of him while the other kept on doing the same thing for minutes now. The blond just kept on repeating everything but he's just too damn amused on the inside seeing this ridiculous sight in front of him to stop the new comer.

 

"Hyung this man here doesn't seem to understand a word I'm saying!" The devil in disguise complained to the other true angel who merely sighed.

 

Donghae didn't even know why this guy here thought he's a caveman. He looked down and took notice of his appearance. He's topless and was only wearing a pair of beach shorts from a well-known brand. Plus, he's sure he looked civilized and decent enough to be mistaken as a freaking caveman. With this blond's loud voice he even wondered why the two cousins weren't intervening yet. Looking to his side, he saw them grinning at him, obviously finding the scene amusing.

 

"Hyukjae I'm quite sure he's not a caveman so stop embarrassing yourself." The older blond explained with a sigh as he shot Donghae an apologetic smile.

 

The younger one called Hyukjae turned to the brunet with raised brows.

 

"You're not a caveman?"

 

Donghae shook his head.

 

"So you understand me?"

 

The other nodded.

 

"Then why aren't you saying anything??!" Hyukjae shouted in annoyance.

 

"You never gave me the chance to talk." Donghae explained with a shrug as he once again sat down, picked his fish and continued grilling it.

 

Hyukjae sighed as he plopped down on the sand beside the supposed-to-be caveman, a small cute pout adorning his lips. He looked accusingly at the other who merely looked blankly at him.

 

"What?" Donghae asked.

 

"I hate you." Hyukjae huffed.

 

Donghae scoffed as he turned his attention back to the fish. The two stayed still without them saying anything. The brunet looked around and saw the one this Hyukjae guy called Jungsoo hyung was now talking to Sungmin and Youngwoon. It seemed like he’s telling them their current situation and the two cousins were nodding thoughtfully at him.

After a few minutes, the three approached them and stood in front him.

“Jungsoo hyung told us everything and of course we offered to help them.” Sungmin grinned and Donghae nodded.

“I’ll help him but not this brat.” He said plainly and pointed at the still sulking Hyukjae beside him.

The latter gasped and looked at the brunet, scandalized. “How dare you peasant! Don’t you even know who I am?!” He shrieked.

The said ‘peasant’ looked blankly at him. “Don’t know, don’t care.”

Hyukjae’s eyes widened even more, his almond-shaped eyes going rounder and whipped his head towards his butler.

“Hyung!”

Jungsoo sighed. “He’s Kim Hyukjae, son of the owner of Hee-Spen Co. Kim Heechul.” The elder explained and it seemed like only Sungmin knew about it when he gasped.

“You’re Kim Hyukjae?!” The cute guy shrieked and excitedly held the blond’s hands. “I love your father’s designs!” He continued and Hyukjae could only smile proudly knowing this man here was a fan of his father.

Both Youngwoon and Donghae looked confusedly at Sungmin then they looked at each other.

“You know his father?” The large built man asked his cousin who nodded at him.

“Remember when I told you about my dream of becoming a j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter