Chapter 1: 2011

I Remember.

Chapter 1: 2011

Youngjae was happy when he had the whole room for himself, then the new guy Daehyun came and now he had to share room with him. It was ok as long as the newbie respected his personal space. Besides, Daehyun was really a cool guy, spirited, hardworking, friendly, Youngjae could live with that, but he couldn't live with the Daehyun that cried at night.

    The first night they shared room, Daehyun cried, Youngjae thought it was normal, after all, it was Daehyun first night away from home, so of course he felt homesick and cried, however, it was already the night number 20 and Daehyun was still crying. Youngjae ignored him, covered his ears with the pillow to avoid listening to his crying and sobbing, but he was getting tired, every night the crying seemed to become louder and he needed to sleep before waking up at 6:00 a.m. for training, so that night, he decided he had enough, he sat up and stared at the bed in front of his, Daehyun covered himself from head to toe with the sheet, he thought that way Youngjae wouldn't hear him cry, he was so wrong.

    "Are you crying?" Youngjae asked, pretending that was his first time hearing the sobs.

    "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up" Daehyun said, hidden under the sheet.

    "To wake me up I need to sleep first and it's hard to do that with you crying"

    "Sorry" Daehyun said with broken voice.

    "You miss your home" Youngjae said "Where are you from? Incheon?"

    "I'm from Busan"

    "I get you, it's kind of far, you're in the city, you miss your family and friends, but you have to stop crying, it's been almost a month"

    "But I miss them so much"

    "I cried my first nights here, too" Youngjae confessed.

    "How did you get over it?" Daehyun pulled away the sheet and sat up, facing Youngjae.

    Youngjae gasped as he saw his teary eyes all red and swollen from crying and felt guilty for not doing something earlier.

    Daehyun lowered his head, ashamed, he was older and cried before Youngjae who he didn't know very well.

    "I still feel homesick, I don't cry like I used to though, I just think Yongguk hyung and the others are my family and friends now and we work hard everyday to become pro so our families and friends can be proud, that thought cheers me up, I know it's worth it"

    Daehyun nodded, it was the first time Youngjae talked to him that much and seemed kind.

    "You want to become a singer and make your family proud"

    "Yes"

    "Then stop crying and start working harder and smile more, I've seen your smile, it's beautiful" Youngjae said, lying on the bed and pulling the sheets up.

    Did he say my smile is beautiful? What the hell? It's the first that a guy says that to me, Daehyun thought and lied on his bed, ready to sleep with a smile on his face.