Only You

Reaching You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon's POV

I took a deep sigh as I sat on the fine white sand of the beach watching how the waves gently crashes to the shore, then looking up to the dark skies of the night hoping that someday my bothered heart would feel the same as the sea, calm and relaxed.

I've been staring for too long, I got tired from sitting, I decided to lay on my back. I don't mind getting some sands all over my body. I just wanted to chill and relax from my suffocating thoughts.

Here I am, staring at the moon, hating myself for thinking about that same person. I thought admiring the beauty of the giant disco ball above me would help, but it just made me realize something that hurted me straight to the core.

'You are my moon, Tzuyu-ah. I always look up to you, wishing that I could be that person standing next you, holding your hands. Sadly, I can only admire you from afar.'

I could imagine my four years old self, asking if I could fly to the moon someday. I stretched out my hand, attempting to reach out for the brightest giant ball that lights up the darkness of the night sky.

As always, you seem too close yet too far. I can't reach you, I will never do. I am giving up my biggest dream. Chou Tzuyu, you are my biggest yet impossible dream.

'Damn, since when does hurting myself becomes a habit of mine?'

I tilted my head, saw my friends circled on the bonfire, I can see the smile on their faces, they seem to be having a lot of fun. 

This is a torture for my heart when I saw her, leaning on the shoulder of another girl. The same feeling crept up to my chest. I would like to look away but I couldn't. As I said, I love hurting myself.

It is almost an hour since I've been resting here. My gaze was back, fixed above the sky that is now darker and gloomy.

'How do you bring back the shine of it when the stars were already gone?'

Someone came and sat beside me.

"C'mon Yoo Jeongyeon. We came here to have fun."

I love it when you do this, approaching me when I am feeling down, alone. Tsk, I hate myself, I said I'm getting over you. Look at me now as I shamelessly turns back at my words.

I didn't respond. I don't want to.

"I saw you staring. Are you jealous?" She9 really does love teasing me. Funny how it is effective to me.

Once again, I look up to her and show her a smile and said. "Why would I?"

'Who am I to get jealous? I don't even own you, I wish I do, so I can have the right to get jealous.'

"Hey, Yoo Jeongyeon, what's with you? You can tell me, we're friends after all."

'That's the thing, I am just a simple friend of yours.'

A tear escaped my eyes.

"Get up. I know you won't speak." She pulls me up, crashing our bodies together and held me for a tight hug.

That's it. I lost it. My cheeks were stained by the tears rushing down my face. This is what I needed the most, a warm tight hug from her, I needed it so desperately to the point that it makes me cry.

"Thank you, Tzuyu-ah."

"Just tell me who did this to you, I'm ready to fight. I know a hitman." She mummbles to my ear.

I chuckled for a little bit because of her last sentence.

'You can not fight with yourself, fool.'

Only if you know about my special secret feelings for you, you wouldn't be saying those words.

She starts humming a song to my ear. 

'Now tell me how can I not fall for this girl?'

"Jeongyeonie..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you hate me?"

I shook my head right away. "No, I find you as a cool person. Why would you say that?"

"Lie. You're just saying that because you don't wanna hurt my feelings, I know."

"I swear, I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter