My wish for you

Happy Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sungjae-ah! What are you looking at?" asked Changsub.

Changsub saw Sungjae scroll through his phone's calendar on the living room couch and stop at a particular date.

"Oh, it's nothing, hyung," replied Sungjae nonchalantly.

Changsub smiled knowingly and said, "Today's the 3rd of September, isn't it? If you want to wish her a happy birthday, just pluck up the guts and do it!"

"Aaaeeee, hyung! What are you talking about?" whined Sungjae, as his ears turned red.

Eunkwang overheard and ran over. "Wae, wae? Is it who I think it is?"

"Aish~! Hyung-deul! Stop bothering me! Sooyoungie and I haven't talked in ages!" protested Sungjae.

"Did either of us say we were talking about Joy?" asked Changsub innocently. "Whatever made you think we were talking about Joy?"

Sungjae's ears turned a deeper shade of red. For once, he was lost for words.

"Look at him, hyung," said Changsub to Eunkwang. "He's never going to do it, isn't he?"

"Of course not. He's going to burn a hole in his phone screen again by staring at it, before he locks it," replied Eunkwang with a huge grin plastered on his face.

Changsub gave an impatient grunt and snatched the phone out of Sungjae's hands.

"Hyung! Return me my phone!" shouted Sungjae, as he jumped up to wrestle the phone out of Changsub's hands. Eunkwang poked Sungjae in the ribs and tickled him to make him back off and was rewarded by Changsub's triumphant voice.

"And... SEND!" announced Changsub.

Eunkwang and Sungjae stopped wrestling each other, as a look of horror crossed Sungjae's face.

"What did you do, hyung?" demanded Sungjae, as he snatched his phone back from Changsub.

"Nothing much. Surely an "Annyeong, Sooyoung-ah!" message is harmless enough?" asked Changsub innocently.

"Mwoh?! Aish, hyung! Why did you do that?" ranted Sungjae.

"Look, maknae-ah. You clearly still miss her. Despite the show having ended so long ago, you're still pining for her. It's not as if you're risking anything by meeting her. I'm sure she'll be happy to receive your well wishes too. Don't be too hard on yourself, Sungjae-ah," coaxed Eunkwang.

Sungjae listened to his leader in silence, hating the truth in his hyung's words. Yes, he was still pining for her. He knew he had to steer clear of Sooyoung to avoid scandals and the keen eyes of Bbyu shippers.

"I'm going out for a while, hyung," said Sungjae, as he picked up his coat and mask.

Eunkwang and Changsub watched Sungjae walk out of the house, before Eunkwang took out his phone and keyed in a text.

He's on his way, Irene-ssi. Could you look after him for me just in case anything happens?

Eunkwang waited for a while before a reply came.

Irene: Arassoyo, sunbae-nim. I'll try my best to watch over him if he does. Don't worry.

Eunkwang: Gomawoyo. And please call me oppa.

Irene: And you can just call me Irene, or Joohyun. There's no need to thank me. I would as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter