Final

Butterflies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Butterflies

Characters : Cha Eunwoo & Moon Bin

 

 

Today's training was more intense than usual. They had to dance around for hours because their dance teacher wasn't satisfied. Which result in a back pain for Eunwoo.

He was sitting awkwardly on his bed, trying to feel better. Honestly? Nothing was working. He just wanted to feel better. Forget this sensation. Why were his muscles that hurt? Probably because he was somehow competitive when Moonbin was with him.

When they were dancing, Eunwoo's eyes were always on Moonbin, instead of looking at his own reflection to fix problems. After a while, the teacher noticed what he was doing and stopped the class.

“Aren't you serious about this? You need to work hard if you want to be recognized. You can't just use your pretty face.”

That hurt Eunwoo more than he would like to admit. He knew he was beautiful, but he was hoping people would see his talent, not his face first.
His teammate knew him too well. Moonbin touched his hand, trying to reassure him. They looked at each other few seconds and Eunwoo bowed to the teacher, excusing his attitude.

Maybe it was because he was tired, but he was mostly attracted to his friend. In a way he wasn't able to understand.

So they worked twice harder for few more hours. Around 11PM the teacher went away, telling them to work a little bit more.

Sanha and Rocky were the first to quit as they have school the next day. MJ and Jinjin went away around midnight. Moonbin stayed with Eunwoo until early in the morning, without complaining.

The dance wasn't perfect, but Eunwoo was so tired he had trouble walking. And his back was hurting so much.

He took a shower first, then sat in his bed. His back was killing him. He tried to put a pillow under him, but nothing worked. He grunted.

Moonbin came from the washroom, dripping water from his hair, towel around his hips, exposing his chest. Strange butterflies appeared in Eunwoo stomach. I mean, it's not the first time he was seeing him like that. What was wrong with him?

“Aren't you sleeping?” Moonbin questioned. Eunwoo tried to smile, but he winced as he tried to move. His ing back.
Moonbin's eye became bigger, worried. He sat down next to his best friend.

“Hyung, where are you hurt?”
Eunwoo had no choice but to tell him. He sighed as Moonbin was telling him worked too much tonight, and he should have stopped before.
“If I look at myself when you guys dance I... I'm lacking talent, right? I don't want that. I can't work less Binnie.”
Moonbin closed his eyes.
“Will you stop with that? Stop comparing yourself with me or Sanha or MJ or anybody. You are you. You have your own talent.”
Eunwoo sighed, then spoke lower.
“Being beautiful is not a talent.” Moonbin frowned.
“Are you serious? You are an amazing singer. You are a good actor. So what if you are not the best dancer? Plus — you are a good dancer. You just don't look at yourself.”

Eunwoo'a cheek became pinker. He looked away, ashamed of his reaction. Why was he feeling weird like that over his best friend's words? He was about to move a pillow under his back but a stinging sensation attacked his lower back. He let a growl came out of his mouth, frowning.

“Hyung, jinja. Wouldn't you need a doctor?”
“Ani. I'm fine.”
“You sure? At least, I should massage your back. Turn around.”

Eunwoo was fully dressed, but Moonbin was still in a towel. That made him even more awkward.

“Ani.”

Moonbin noticed that Eunwoo was looking at his exposed chest. He looked at his friend again, chuckling awkwardly. “I'll dress up first, right. It will be less weird. Just turn around and I'll come back when I'll be presentable.”

Eunwoo wasn't still full happy about this, but he had no other choice. After all, how can he say no to his Binnie? Few others butterflies appeared. What was wrong with him tonight?

Moonbin appeared few seconds later, dressed up. He closed the light in the room and sat next to Eunwoo.

“Hyung, you kept your shirt.”
“So?” Muffled Eunwoo.
“It would be better if I can massage you without. Can you...?”

Moonbin tried to take off the shirt, but quickly Eunwoo's body reacted and stopped him. “Ani. I'm fine like that.”

Today his body was acting weird with his best friend. He didn't want to take the chance and make it even weirder, those butterflies worried him. It felt like...

Eunwoo blinked.
Oh.
He blushed even more.
It felt like when he felt in love with his first girlfriend.
Was he... In love with Moonbin?
It can't be. He was his best friend. He knew him too well. Why now? Why?

“Okay then. You are acting weird today.”

Moonbin started massaging his friend's back slowly, listening to every sound he was doing. He stopped when he thought he hurt his friend. Massaging places where it seemed to hurt more, where Eunwoo was more tense.

“Ah...”

Eunwoo's body was feeling better, but his mind was worse than ever. How can he fell in love with Binnie? The more he thought about it, the more certain he was. He loved him, the butterflies, the way he was always looking at him, the way he was competitive with him.

Eunwoo felt asleep while Moonbin finished his massage. When he noticed his friend wasn't reacting to any new movement, he smiled.

“Sleep well, beautiful.”

Moonbin walked down from the bed and was about to go in his when Eunwoo grabbed his arm. His eye's eyes were closed, but he was somehow frowning, red like an apple.

“Hyung?”
“Don't go.”

Moonbin laughed.

“I'm just going in my bed, silly.”

He tried to brush off Eunwoo's arm, but he was still holding him tight.

“Binnie. Stay with me.”
“W-what?”

Eunwoo bit his lips. Did he really asked his friend so stay with him... In his bed?

“Nothing. Sorry. I was... Dreaming.”

Moonbin looked at his friend, somehow puzzled. His cheeks were pinker than usual. What was this feeling... Why was he excited at what Eunwoo said? Why was he feeling down now that it was a mistake?

“Ah you sleepy head. Good night hyung.”

Eunwoo turned in his bed, facing the wall. His back wasn't hurting anymore. But his heart and his head... That was another story.

He heard his best friend jumping in his own bed. “Why did I say that? Am I crazy?” Eunwoo was hoping his friend didn't understand his feelings.

Eunwoo didn't sleep that night. His thoughts were everywhere. “Should I worry about those feelings? Should I tell him? No. What if he's disgusted by him? Then he would lose his best friend. No way. But... What if he was okay with it? What if... He liked me too?” He smiled, hiding his face silently.

“I'm acting like a girl.” He thought.

At 5AM he just woke up. Why stay here when he's not sleeping anyway.

He made breakfast for everyone, as usual. His back was better — but not totally fine. After a while he had to sit down. He grunted, annoyed.

Sanha woke up first. He came to greet Eunwoo. He didn't really say anything when he noticed his face. It's always better to stay out of Eunwoo's anger.
MJ, JinJin and Rocky did the same, but thanked Eunwoo for the food.

When Moonbin woke up, he found Eunwoo on the couch, still agonizing over his back.

“Hyung?”

Eunwoo looked at Moonbin and quickly flushed. “Will I be shy with him forever now?” He thought.

“Hm?”

Moonbin sat next to his friend, worried.

“Shouldn't we go to the hospital?”
“Ani. I'll be fine. It's not the first time. Plus we have a new dance class later today. I don't want to be troublesome.”

Moonbin frowned.

“Are you serious? How can I let you come when you can't even sit down normally. Look at you!”
“Ash... I'm fine, I'm fine. Look.”

Eunwoo stood up to show his friend. He tried to smile but the pain was too much, he sighed.

“You are right.” Mumbled Eunwoo. “But I can't sit down and do nothing. I'm lacking.”
“I'll help you get better. But first you need to stay down. Actually, just turn around.”
“Wae?”
“I'll try to make you feel better. Show me your back.”
“A-ani.”

Eunwoo blushed again. “Why was he trying to make me even more ashamed? Every time he touches me... The butterflies...” He thought for himself.

“Stop being childish. Did it help you yesterday? Yes. So let me do it. Just turn.”

Moonbin turned him gently. Eunwoo sighed, unable to win this fight.

Moonbin massaged his friend's back silently for a while. He had to remind himself he was doing a massage few times as he kept daydreaming about him. Eunwoo.

What did happen exactly that he's thinking of him that much? Why does his neck looks so intriguing and... Gorgeous? Moonbin shut his eye shut, frowning. “What is wrong with me?” He thought for himself.

Moonbin pressed a little stronger on a muscle and Eunwoo winced. Moonbin stopped moving.

“Are you okay? Did I hurt you? Mianae. Mianae hyung...”
“I'm fine. I told you earlier.”

Moonbin sighed. Why was Eunwoo closed to him like that. He usually told him everything. Even if it didn't matter. Now he's almost mute.

“Hyung...?”
“Hm...?”

Moonbin closed his eyes. He was about to ask him about yesterday. But it's too awkward right? He can't ask him why he asked him to stay with him. Or why he felt... Like that after.

Eunwoo turned around, trying to look at Moonbin. He clearly looked lost and his cheeks were pink. He also stopped moving.

“Binnie? What's wrong?”

Moonbin blinked, finally realizing what was happening. He turned Eunwoo gently, pressing on his back again.

“N-nothing.”

Eunwoo chuckled.

“You know I can read you like a book right? Don't lie to me.”
“I... I'm not.” He tried to sound convincing but failed easily.

Eunwoo looked at him again. Moonbin turned him again.

“You are blushing so much. What are you thinking about?”
“Stop please.”
“Maybe a girl?”
“Stop.”
“Is she gorgeous?”
“It's uncomfortable.”
“What is?”

Moonbin sighed. He then stood up, letting Eunwoo even more puzzled. Moonbin walked to the exit, take his hoodie and walked away.

“Binnie! I was joking, mianae. Please come back! You haven't eaten anything. Aish...”

Eunwoo stand up slowly. His back was better, thanks to his best friend, but he couldn't run after him. Not in this condition.
Why was Moonbin acting like this? He's always dreaming about girls. It's almost all he talks about. Girls. Girls. Girls.
Eunwoo closed his eyes to this realization. He's not a girl. Moonbin won't ever be interested in him. Never.

He didn't listen to his friend and went to the dance practice at 5PM, as supposed. He arrived the last, just before the teacher. Moonbin hasn't got the time to tell him to go home. He just frowned sadly at him.
They danced for hours, Eunwoo's back was killing him even more every hour or so. He was tired, hurt and sweaty. He was moving awkwardly because of the pain.

“Eunwoo, do you take this seriously?” Asked the teacher.
“I'm sorry sunbae-nim.”
“Stop being sorry and work harder.”
“Ne.”

Eunwoo noticed Moonbin was clenching his fist and biting his lips. Of course his friend wanted to say something. After all, they are best friend.
They worked until late again. But this time, when everybody was gone but them, Moonbin stopped Eunwoo quickly, he pushed him gently on the wall.

“What are you trying to prove, hyung? That if you continue, you'll get better? Ani. If you continue right now, you'll have a back problem forever. I don't want to see you hurt. Stop, please.”

Eunwoo stayed still. After all, his new-found crush was so closed to him. His arms were somehow around him. He was wet from sweat. So... Beautiful.

“It's so dangerous...” Said Eunwoo silently.
“Yes. It is. You give me no choice but to say it to Jinjin.”
“What?”
“I can't deal with this anymore.”
“What are you talking about?”
“You.”

Moonbin looked at him intensively. Eunwoo gulped. Why wasn't he moving away? Why was he feeling a weird tension?
Eunwoo chuckled awkwardly to make it less serious.

“Yah, what are you doing. Am I your girlfriend or what? Let me go.” Eunwoo smiled with his adorable moon eyes. It hurts him that he'll never be, his lover.

Moonbin closed his eyes, frowning.

“I know.”

He walked back.

“You're weird tonight Binnie.” He scratched his neck. “Actually, you're weird since this morning. Did I say something I shouldn't have?”
“Ani. It's me. I'm feeling weird.”

Eunwoo was able to joke around again but feel a huge tension at the bottom of his back. He felt down under the pain. Moonbin ran to his friend, more worried than him.

“Hyung, are you okay? Should I bring you to the hospital?”
Eunwoo was annoyed.
“Yah. Did I say yes the last time you asked me that? No. I won't say yes now. I still don't want to.”
“Okay. I just worry about you.”

Eunwoo sighed.

“I know, I just hate when people think I'm not strong enough.”
“Did I say that?”
“You implied it every time you ask me to go to the hospital.”

Moonbin bit his lips, trying to stay calm. He hated when his friend was like that. He was usually calm and neutral. He knew he was better not arguing with him.

“Mianae.”

He helped his friend get on his feet again. They walked home slowly. Eunwoo went to bed directly after a short shower. Moonbin came to see him with hand warmer and more pillow so his friend would be more comfortable.
He came back after a while to their room.

“Are you feeling better?”

Eunwoo was awfully quiet. Was he already sleeping? Moonbin tried to look at him without making a sound.
His eyes were closed. He had a bunch of pillows around him. His was hugging one, smiling like a child.

It made Moonbin smile. How can Eunwoo be this cute? Honestly. The little weird feeling was back. Is it... Butterflies? It can't be, right? He never liked a man before... But Eunwoo was so cute. So charming.

Moonbin blushed. It is. It's really butterflies. Is he really attracted by his best friend? It was so... Problematic.
He bit his lips, trying to go in his bed silently.

After a night of thoughts, he finally accepted it. He really had something for his best friend. But he couldn't do anything. He was too afraid to lose him. Too afraid it could ruin their friendship.

When he woke up, Eunwoo was still in his bed. Moonbin looked at his phone, surprised. His friend was always awake before him. Always. It was 9AM.
He looked at his friend. He was still sleeping with a small smile. Moonbin looked at him a moment, daydreaming about him, then came back to his sense.

“Hyung?” His voice was husky. He scratched his neck slowly, still half-asleep.

As there was no answer, Moonbin woke up first and went to cook breakfast for his best friend. He met Jinjin there, whom was wondering where Eunwoo was.

“He's still sleeping.” Moonbin was ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter