Chapter 1

I Can See You

 

Year 2001

 

Jennie’s POV:

     I’ve spent the past almost four years following Daniel around as he guards the female warrior’s soulmate. Daniel is the only being that is 100% true and honest with me, which is why we’re such great friends. However, he prefers I do not stick around since I’m a bit of a hot-headed troublemaker sometimes. But since he’d lost a bet back in ‘94, I get to follow him around until the female warrior returns. Her soulmate was born on September 1st in 1997. Since his family lives in Busan, South Korea, I’ve decided to stick around and watch him grow up, since I have nothing else to do. He was named Jeon Jungkook and I can tell that he would grow up to be a good looking man in the future. We were celebrating his fourth birthday when I received a summon to report to the Spiritual Realm. When I got there, I was told that the female warrior would be awakened soon and I would have to prepare for her arrival.

     When I returned to the Earthly Realm, I told Daniel that she had been awakened and said good-bye to him and Jungkook before leaving. I quickly made my way to New York City, to report to the angel that was waiting for me. When I reported to the angel that had the list of reincarnated souls in the area, she checked her list and told me that I would have to wait at least a month before she was due. That only means that something bad was happening and for her to be reincarnated so quickly, only after 7 years, whoever or whatever that’s behind the upcoming disaster, is strong. We took out most of the demons back in ‘94 before we provided the humans with the cure to the plague. I didn’t like this at all… It’s too early for her return… And I really don’t like having to wait a whole month for her birth in order to see what her future holds.

     On September 11, 2001, the demons have succeeded on an attack in the human world, disguised as the World Trade Center terrorist attack. It had somehow slipped our radar that they were secretly building an army of susceptible humans, to take over their bodies, and wreak havoc on Earth. It takes quite a bit of power for the demons to take over human bodies, but I’m sure they have someone powerful enough to allow a few demons take over the bodies of the pilots that were flying those planes. I was in NYC when it happened, but I was in a different borough. When I saw the news coverage of the first plane, I quickly dropped whatever I was doing to get to the Twin Towers to help out as much as I can. Unfortunately, there’s only so many lives we were able to save in such circumstances. Besides trying to help the people in the towers trying to find a way out, I also had to fight off the demons that were there. That day, I’ve watched so many Guardian Angels watch their humans die and the devastation was too much for them to handle. Some Guardian Angels had broken their rules to show themselves in front of their humans just to apologize for not being able to do anything for them, and to provide some peace for them before they pass away. Some even begged the reapers to not do their jobs so their humans can live, but unfortunately, we are all bounded by a lot of rules set by the Higher Ups that we’re unable to break, even if we’ve tried. The special beings, such as reapers, Guardians, and warriors, we were created, and basically formatted, to do our jobs and to follow the rules. Guardian Angels and other free spirits have more leniency since they do not possess the powers we do.

     It’s been a month after the attack and I still haven’t heard news of the female warrior. It’s starting to worry me since she would usually be awakened before such a disaster occurs so she could try to prevent such things from happening. Also, if this disaster wasn’t enough to have her awakened earlier, then what’s going to happen in the future? What can be greater that would need her to prevent from happening?

     I’ve returned to the hospital where she would be given birth to. I sat in the lobby, waiting for mother to come in. I grow impatient with each person who enters because none of them is who I am expecting.