1/1

Chocolate Milk

Jongin shuffled into the club and immediately regretted going. It was filled with people, all of them dancing to the beat of the too loud music. Jongin wasn’t good at communicating with people he didn’t know. He was relatively good at dancing, but crowds just really weren’t his thing. He had been there for less than a minute and he already knew that this wouldn’t end well.

“Jongin!” he looked up at the sound of someone calling his name and saw Sehun pushing his way through the crowd. Sehun hugged him tightly, and Jongin could smell the alcohol on his breath. “I thought you weren’t going to show up.”

“It’s your twenty-first birthday, of course I came.”

He smiled at Jongin. “Okay, well I’m gonna go back to dancing, you should come with me!” Jongin started to shake his head when Sehun added, “But I know you won’t, so just try and have some fun.”

Jongin promised his roommate that he would try to have a good time before he disappeared into the crowd. He sighed and noticed that some people were starting to give him strange looks before he realized that he was still standing in front of the door.

Jongin felt his face heat up slightly as he maneuvered his way around the room. He finally got to the bar, gratefully sitting down on one of the stools. Jongin gazed into the crowd of people, desperately trying to find someone he knew. He would prefer this person to be Baekhyun because he was probably the only person at this club Jongin could stand drunk. Anyway, Jongin was friends with him before Sehun was so it wasn’t fair that Baekhyun would hang out with Sehun instead. Even if it is his birthday party.

“Can I get you anything?”

Jongin turned around all thoughts of Baekhyun disappeared from his mind. The man in front of him was clearly the bartender. He was wiping down the counter with a rag and the sleeves of his black button-down shirt were rolled up too his elbows. His dark hair was gelled up away from his forehead and – was that a little bit of eyeliner Jongin could see? But Jongin couldn’t concentrate on the eyeliner because this was the most beautiful man he had ever seen. He felt his mouth drop open slightly when he looked into the man’s eyes. They were so big and innocent looking, even though something told Jongin this man was far from it. And he had the prettiest pair of lips Jongin had ever seen. He was just… wow. Then the man raised an eyebrow and Jongin realized, oh, right, he asked a question, didn’t he?

“I’m sorry, what?”

The man gave him a small smile, as if Jongin wasn’t the first person to be distracted by his looks. “Can I get you anything?”

“Oh, right, um, sure. I’ll have…” Jongin looked around for a menu or something. He wasn’t a big drinker and he had no idea what they served in bars. Just as his eyes landed on a drink name and he was breathing out a sigh of relief, his mouth opened and he blurted out, “chocolate milk!” because apparently his brain and mouth somehow got disconnected.

Jongin felt his eyes widen and he clamped a hand around is mouth in horror. This, he thought, is exactly why I don’t leave my house. The bartender looked like he was about to laugh but was holding it in.

“What’s your name?”

“I’m, uh, Jongin.”

“Well, Jongin, I’m Kyungsoo. And I’m sorry to say that most bars don’t serve chocolate milk.”

Jongin felt his face heat up. “I know, I just – I panicked, and I-”

“But,” Kyungsoo said, cutting him off. “This one does.”

“What? It does?”

Kyungsoo gave him a heart-shaped smile. “For cute boys like you, this bar will serve anything.”

Jongin felt his heart beat faster. The insanely hot bartender thought he was cute? Was this some kind of weird set-up?

Kyungsoo pulled a carton of milk out from the fridge under the counter and mixed it with chocolate syrup in a big glass. He set the glass of chocolate milk in front of Jongin, complete with a straw. Jongin eyed Kyungsoo as he on the straw.

“Did Sehun put you up to this?”

Kyungsoo stared at him blankly, “Sehun?”

“You know, Sehun?” Kyungsoo continued to stare. “Tall, drunk, sash that says ‘birthday boy’?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes lit up. “Oh! It’s his party isn’t it? Why would he make me say you’re cute?”

Jongin sighed and rolled his eyes. “He’s my roommate.”

“Oh. Well, no. I said it because it’s true. Soft looking boys who get flustered easily are my only weakness.”

Jongin flushed and hummed in response, a little distracted by his drink. Kyungsoo literally made the best chocolate milk that he had ever tasted in his entire life, and he couldn’t stop drinking it. Jongin popped off of the straw and noticed that a bit of milk had escaped and was running down the side. He held the straw in place and leaned down, up the side. When Jongin glanced back up, he saw Kyungsoo staring at him with dark eyes.

Kyungsoo leaned forward on his elbows and his lips, giving Jongin’s torso a once-over. “So, Jongin,” he purred. “How about after my shift we go back to my place and… Well, let’s just say, I have something other than a straw that you can .