One

Positive

His favourite food, soft scented candles and music innthe background. After 5 years of dating you knew what he liked. And today was going to be a special for you both as the little picture was waiting in your pocket, eager to be shown to your boyfriend. He and his band were currently preparing for their tour so his schedule was packed but he always found time for you.

You were waiting on the couch, slowly getting impatient, as you heard the door open. Jumping up to your feet you made you way over to your boyfriend with a wide and happily smile which soon dropped at the sight infront of you. "C-chanyeol..?" His eyes were red and puffy, the bags under his eyes seemed endless and his shoulder were slumbed downwards. Something was wrong and you wanted to know what it was.

"They saw us.. Alex. They saw us kissing." His words made you furrow your eyebrows and while your thoughts were running wild Chanyeol lifted his phone to show you what he meant. A picture of you two on your convenience store ramen date in the middle of the night a few days ago. You were sitting on those red plastic chairs, two cups of ramen infront of you while your lips were locked in a quick kiss. "Alex.. the fans are going crazy. Demanding me to break up with you or they'd do something to you or end my career.." his face was buried in his large hands as he stood there infront of you. Your heart was beating like crazy. What were you supposed to do?

You gently pried his hands from his face and looked up at him with a sad smile. "I guess it's an easy choice then?" This made him look at you with furrowed eyebrows this time. "What do you mean..?" He muttered. "You worked to get this far for how long? Over 10 years, no? You can't throw that away, Yeol. Maybe this means that.. that our time hasn't come yet. That we're not meant to be." Tears were streaming down your cheeks by now, your hands squeezing his reassuringly though. This was the right choice. You couldn't bear seeing his career go down the drain because of you. You loved him too much for that to happen.

"But Alex.. I love you..?" He was confused. Hurt. "And I love you too, Chanyeol. But your fans aren't ready." You reached up to cup his face in your hands, sad smile still spread on your lips. "Go, Chanyeol. You have so much more to experience, so much to reach. The tour, the comeback.. there's so much waiting for you." You could see the inner fight in his eyes. His love for you and his love for music. Which one was bigger? Which one was worth more?

You chose for him. One last kiss and he was gone. One last hug and you had let him go. One last whisper of 'I love you' and the door was closed. Staring at the door for minutes your tears didn't seem to stop but no sound came out of your lips. Not until you opened the piece of paper you had hidden in your pocket. The first picture of your baby. The baby whose father you had sent away to pursue his career.

"Chanyeol, come on! We're going to be late!" The manager was slowly losing it. Ever since the dating scandal Chanyeol had changed. Slowly but surely he turned into a shadow. A shadow of his actual personality. He didn't laugh anymore, his smiles were forced and the members heard him crying at night. He didn't eat properly either which caused him to get even skinnier, paler. Frankly, everyone was getting worried. "I'm coming.."

They had successfully finished a handful of concerts already and today they had to fly to Singapore for the next one. You were sitting on your couch, ice cream tub on your lap as you watched the news. "Idol group Exo on their way to Singapore...." the announcer gave information on the group's successful tour but the words didn't reach your ears, your eyes trained on a certain giant walking through the airport. "See, daddy is doing great. He'll be fine. Let's not worry about him, alright?" You hummed softly and gently rubbed your growing baby belly. You were halfway through your pregnancy already. It had been hard all alone but you would manage. It was you that told Chanyeol to leave. It was you that didn't tell him. And it was you that decided to keep the baby.

It was a normal day for you, strolling through the park to enjoy the fresh air and sun shining onto your skin. Of course you had an ice cream cone in your hand and did some window shopping with a soft hum. One hand was always resting on your tummy, feeling the soft movements of your child which made you smile softly. You stopped at you small stall to check out the headlines of the newspaper to see if anything important had happened in the world when your eyes landed on an especially big headline on a magazine. "CHANYEOL FAINTED ON STAGE DURING PERFORMANCE"

Your unfinished ice cream hit the floor with a soft gasp, attracting the shop's owner's attention. You were nearing the end of the pregnancy and every small hiss and gasp was an indicator for contractions. To outsiders at least. "I-I'm fine. Could I get one of those p-please?" You held out some cash and the owner handed you the magazine.

"Due to stress, malnutriton and a general depression, Exo's rapper Chanyeol was hospilitized after the concert was ended. The group is on their way back to Korea.." tears were welling up in your eyes again but you fought against them. You didn't want the baby to feel your sadness. Taking out your phone you opened your chat with Baekhyun. After 5 years with Chanyeol you grew close to all of the members, went through hardships and happy times with them.

Alex, 4:38 pm: "How is he?"

Baek, 4:40 pm: "Saw the news? He's resting in his bed right now?"

Alex, 4:41 pm: "Can I see him..?"

Baek, 4:42 pm: "Lemme take a pic real quick."

4:43 pm, 4:44 pm, 4:45 pm..

Baek, 4:47 pm: "Alex. He's gone."

Knock knock

When you thought you were worried before then you didn't know what you were feeling now. Chanyeol who was supposed to be resting in his bed was gone?

Knock knock knock

"God! I'm coming!" You grunted out in frustration. You didn't have the nerves for a salesperson, an annoying neighbour or anyone else now. "What is it?-" your eyes widened at the person infront of you. Chanyeol...? "Alex, I.. I can't be without you. I need you in my life! Y-you.. wait.. you're pregnant?" You were frozen to your spot and you swore your heart stopped beating for a second. "C-chanyeol, I can explain.." your hands started shaking and those tears you kept from falling were now running down your cheeks. You wrapped your arms around you tummy protectively as Chanyeol stormed into your apartment, closing the door behind himself.

"Is it mine? Did you keep it from me? Where you going to hide the baby from me forever?!" He was yelling by now and all you could do was flinch at his words. "C-chan.." a soft sob left your lips but Chanyeol kept his cold front. A war was going on inside of him. He came here to get you back. He wanted to make things official. Didn't care about what the public thought. But he didn't expect you to look like this. Wearing his sweater with a pair of shorts, large belly visible even under the oversized shirt. He felt betrayed.

"L-listen.. on the night those pictures were posted.. I wanted to tell you. I had an appointment that day and got confirmed that I'm pregnant.. but when you came looking like that.. I knew I couldn't tell you. Knew that y-you'd never choose your career if you knew. So I kept it from you.. I d-don't know what I would have done once the baby's born.. I never thought about that.."

"And you thought that was a good idea?! Keeping the fact that I'll be a father from me forever?! You betrayed me, Alex. I can't believe you. Nor will I deal with this bull now." Without looking back he stormed out of the door he came in only minutes ago. "N-no! Chanyeol.. p-please.." strength left your body and you slowly slid down the wall and onto your knees, sobbing heavily. Later that night you took out your old MP3-player to listen to some of the track Chanyeol had recorded for you. Some were actual songs, other's just him playing his guitar and talking about his day. You even put the headphones on your belly, smiling sadly at how the baby moved to the soft sound of its father's voice. That's how you fell asleep that night, arms around your tummy and lonely tears sliding down your cheeks once in a while.

"Where the hell have you been, Chanyeol?!" Baekhyun yelled the moment the giant came into the dorm. He was reeking of alcohol and his eyes looked.. empty. "Baek. She's pregnant. I'm -hic- going to be a father, Baek.." he mumbled while making his way over to his smaller friend who rolled his eyes at the other's state. "No, you'll be incredibly hungover, stupid." Grabbing the taller by his arms he dragged him to his bedroom, tugging him in like the giant baby he was and closed the door silently, soft snores already coming from the drunk male.

Baek, 1:23 am: "Are you pregnant?"

Alex, 7:59 am: "Yeah.."

A week passed without any news from Chanyeol whether through the news or through Baekhyun. Your due date was coming closer with each passing day and you were getting nervous. "What should I do, little one? Should I call him? Ask him to come with me when you're coming..?" You were unsure about that and kept on changing your opinion. As if the baby wanted to answer you a strong pain ripped through your stomach, making you groan in pain. "W-wait.. now?! But I didn't even-" another wave of pain hit you and you felt liquid trickle down your thighs. Your water broke. In your panic you called one of your neighbours who had promised to take you to the hospital and made your way there.

Baek, 3:45 pm: "Wasn't your due date today?"

Baek, 3:59 pm: "Alex..?"

-Incoming call-

"Alex?", "B-baek! My water broke! I- aargh.. I need him here with me.. I c-can't do it alone.." you were crying, sobbing, breathing heavily and dropped your phone onto the bed as you were rolled into the delivery room. Time seemed to fly as you were prepared for delivering your baby until the door burst open. "Mr. Park, you can't-", "Alex?!" The nurse trying to keep Chanyeol from bursting into the room stood by the door and gave the other nurses an apologic look while he rushed to your side, taking your hand in his tightly. "Y-yeol.. you really came?" You gave his hand a tight squeeze and sniffled softly as his lips placed a kiss onto your forehead. The contractions let you take a small break just then. "Of course I am.. I'm sorry for yelling at you.." he was cradling your face in his hand gently and you leaned into the touch, shaking your head. "I might not have been there during the pregnancy but I'll be here for you while you give birth. You shouldn't go through this alone." He said with a soft smile and placed another kiss to your forehead.

From that moment on things seemed to go even faster. Contractions hit you and you were told to push. And you did. It was the worst pain you ever had to go through and nothing could compare to it. But the moment you heard a soft whine followed by a loud cry it was all forgotten. "Mr. Park, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" You closed your eyes and tookna few deep breaths. You probably looked like a mess but you didn't care. Soon you felt a small bundle being placed into your arms. "It's a girl, Alex.. Our daughter.." Chanyeol said softly while caressing the sleeping baby's cheek. "Our daughter.. Chanyeol, I love you.. you both.." you were getting sleepy too after all the pushing you did. "I love you too, Alex. Always will.." with those words being said you let your eyes fall shut and sleep take over your body.

Life with a baby girl wasn't easy, but you were prepared. Once the group found out they were uncles to a princess they bought clothes, diapers, bottles and everything the tiny heart could want. Chanyeol had given an official statement about being in a relationship and having a child. Of course he got negative responses but some were supportive and positive, having seen how he had suffered after the scandal and wanting him to get better. The company threatened whoever decided to try and hurt the young family with immediate legal actions against them.

"Babe, come quickly! Cindy is doing something adorable!" Chanyeol called from the living room in your shared apartment - yes you had moved together - and you came rushing in to see your boyfriend kneeling on the carpet with a velvet box in his hand while holding the baby with his other. "What is she- huh..?" You blinked slightly as you stood infront of him, hands still wiping on your apron.

"Actually I'm the adorable one this time. After everything we've been through together this past year.. will you marry me?" Cindy was wiggling happily in her father's arm as if knowing what was happening. You were at a loss of words for a few seconds before a bright smile spread over your face. "Oh my god! Of course I will!"

 

 

 

Aaah I hope you'll like it! I'd love to get some feedback! I'm always unsure about my own works. Hope you enjoyed!