Happy birthday, Soo

Pop-up, Cake girl

A/N: It’s my precious Joy’s bday, and of course I’m writing her fics for her day, because she deserves them, and naturally they will be Joyri fics because I love them. This one is a bit more fun where Joyri are already a couple, and friends convince Yeri to pop out of the cake for Joy on her bday, and of course Joy is more than fine with that when it happens, enjoy. Happy bday to my Joy aka Park Sooyoung!!!


 

Kim Yerim woke up to see her girlfriend casually sitting on her body like it was an everyday occurrence. The shorter dark-haired woman below immediately screams and reaches for her pillow, so that she can hit Sooyoung in the face. The taller woman on top laughs and grabs the pillow from her.

 

“Ah, you can’t hit me. My birthday is in a few more days.”

 

“That doesn’t mean I can’t hit you, Soo.”

 

“No you can’t. It’s against the birthday laws.”

 

“Get off of me!” Yeri tells her instead. The auburn-haired woman laughs and then leans down to kiss the lips of the woman she loves so much. Yeri naturally does kiss her back. They kiss for a few long moments before Sooyoung ends the kiss abruptly.

 

“What are you getting me for my birthday?” Sooyoung asks. It’s the same question her girlfriend has been asking for the whole week before her before, and now just before it will be her birthday.

 

“I already told you I’m not getting you anything.”

 

Sooyoung frowns and then smacks her shorter girlfriend upside the head with the pillow. Yerim groans in annoyance and shoves Sooyoung off of her.

 

“See, that’s why I’m not getting you anything.” Yerim teases. In reality she has something already for her girlfriend, but Sooyoung is just going to have to wait it out. The auburn-haired woman wraps her arms around her waist and drags her into a cuddling position. Yerim is stuck for now as she knows how Sooyoung is about cuddling.

 

“Come on, it’s going to be my birthday soon. You should show me you appreciate me.”

 

“Soo?” The dark-haired woman sighs. “I’ll be nice to you on your birthday. Other than that, no.”

 

“Why am I even with you.” Sooyoung groans dramatically and gets up. “I need to get ready for work, but I’ll see you later. I love you.” She tells Yerim seriously.

 

“I love you too, Soo.” She promises and gives her a real kiss goodbye. It makes the taller woman happy when she gets the affection she craves. Yerim has been with Sooyoung for years since they were both in high school. She really loves the woman, even if sometimes she aggravates her to no end. The dark-haired woman gets up then too, as she’s really does have to go to work too. She just hopes Sooyoung doesn’t pull some crazy like she did the other week.

 

(Flashback)

 

Yerim was sitting at her desk and minding her own business. It’s almost her lunch hour and she’s thinking she’ll order from that sushi place she loves. There is a sudden loud commotion that interrupts the entire office.

 

“Out of my way. I’m looking for my wife.”

 

Yerim hits the keyboard hard. It sounds like her girlfriend, but that couldn’t really be her silly girlfriend right? The same girlfriend that should be at her own job.

 

“You’re looking for your wife, Ma’am?” A security guard can be heard questioning.

 

“That’s right. I’m looking for my wife, Kim Yerim! Where are you?”

 

“Oh, !” The dark-haired woman mumbles under her breath and hides underneath her desk. She can’t believe Sooyoung would show up to her place of work and act a fool.

 

“What am I saying? Of course she would do this.”

 

“Ma’am, you need to calm down.”

 

“I will, only when I find my wife. Yerimie, get your turtle looking out here. I will find you, you already know there’s no place you can hide.”

 

“Oh my god.” Yeri sighs. Her girlfriend is right. She has tried many times to hide from the Auburn-haired woman, and time after time she’s been caught. Yerim gets up from under her desk and goes to where the commotion is. Sooyoung is about to put the security guard in a headlock. It’s worse than Yerim first thought.

 

“Soo, what the hell are you doing?”

 

Almost right away the taller woman let’s go of his neck. She drops him to the floor and runs over to Yerim.

 

“See, I told you I was looking for my wife.”

 

“You are ridiculous!” Yerim sighs and tries to get out of her hold. Sooyoung only holds her tighter.

 

“Hey, baby. What are you getting me for my birthday?”

 

(End)


 

Yerim sighs again as she remembers that day. Sooyoung almost got her fired from her job, and she needs her job. They have rent to pay and are saving money to eventually buy a house together further down the line. Yerim hopes like hell her crazy girlfriend doesn’t cause another scene. Her birthday is soon and as far as Yerim knows she and their friends are throwing her a birthday party. It’s a surprise they have all been planning for a while, and Yerim can’t wait to see the look on Sooyoung’s face when she is genuinely surprised, so far no one has given any clue or hint about the party. When she arrives at work later, it’s barely an hour into her day when she’s getting messages from their friends, Joohyun, Seulgi, and Seungwan.

 

She doesn’t know what the three older women want. She just hopes no one has gone and done anything stupid, as in accidentally letting Sooyoung know about the party. Yerim sees one of the messages and it’s telling her to meet them for her lunch hour. The dark-haired woman isn’t about to be giving her entire lunch hour if it’s going to be a waste of her time.

 

“What are these three up to?” She wonders, but does reply to Joohyun that she will meet them. Yerim just knows if anything foolish or pointless happens. The younger woman has no problem leaving her friends. She hopes her girlfriend is having a good day at work though.

 

Park Sooyoung is having an awesome time at work. Her coworkers ended up throwing her an early surprise party. She wasn’t expecting it, but she wasn’t ungrateful. They even had cake, food, and brought her best friend Yerin in for her.

 

“Yenni!” She runs to her blonde-haired friend and they sit down at her desk to cake. It’s been forever she feels since seeing her best friend.

 

“Happy early birthday, Soo.”

 

“Thanks, I can’t believe they really threw me a party.”

 

“Of course they do. Who doesn’t love you?”

 

“Well, that’s true.” The auburn-haired woman nods and Yerin rolls her eyes at her best friend. She then proceeds to hand over Sooyoung’s gift.

 

“I won’t be here for you actual birthday, so I’m giving you the gift now.”

 

Sooyoung looks to see it’s the balenciaga bag she’s been hinting at everyone in her life to buy for her.

 

“Yenni, thank you. I can’t believe you bought this for me.” She wraps her arms around her best friend in a tight hug.

 

“You’re only my best friend, and you also wouldn’t shut up about this bag.”

 

“Haha.” Sooyoung laughs. “I kind of expected Yerimie to buy it for me, but I really appreciate this, Yenni.”

 

“You’re welcome. Has Yerim given you any idea of what she’s getting for your birthday?”

 

“No, she hasn’t given anything away no matter how much I annoy her. I’m sure she’s only kidding about not getting me a gift.”

 

“If she’s not?” The blonde asks with a laugh. She has seen how ridiculous the couple is, and Yerin expects hell to break loose if Sooyoung’s girlfriend doesn’t at the least acknowledge her birthday in some way. The auburn-haired woman looks at her friend with a serious look.

 

“Yerimie knows what’ll happen to her if she doesn’t at least shower me with constant love and attention for my birthday, it’s the very least she can for me. I am her devoted girlfriend after all.”

 

“Uh, sure Soo.”


 

When it’s her lunch hour. Yerim goes to meet the three older women at a sushi place they all go to sometimes for dinner. Seulgi and Joohyun are actually in the middle of planning their wedding, but it’s sometime after Sooyoung’s birthday. The couple have put their own plans on somewhat of a hold to help with the planning for her girlfriend’s birthday, which Yerim does appreciate that. She just wants to know why she had to show up now when it’s her lunch hour.

 

“Hey, Yerim. How are you?” Joohyun is the first to greet her.

 

“We’re glad you could make it.” Seulgi says next from beside her fiancée.

 

“We didn’t want to interrupt your lunch hour, Yerim. It was really just the best time we could meet.”

 

“Fine, why am I here?”

 

“It’s about Sooyoung’s birthday.”

 

“What about it? I thought we had everything settled already. She doesn’t expect a thing about the party.”

 

“We have an idea, but it’s something only you can do.” Seungwan lets her know. Yerim looks at the way the other women are looking at her, and she doesn’t have a good feeling about this.

 

“Why do I have a feeling I won’t like this?”

 

“We thought of something she would really like.” Joohyun tells her then. “We think you should jump out of the cake for her.”

 

“What!” The dark-haired woman screams. “What the hell are you even saying?”

 

“Don’t worry there’s going to be a real cake too.” Seulgi promises.

 

“We’ll get one of those huge fake ones and you just surprise her.” Seungwan explains. Yerim isn't stupid. She knows they mean for her to pop out of a fake cake, but why does she have to do it.

 

“Why, me?”

 

“You’re her girlfriend.” The three state the obvious.

 

“What does that have to do with anything?”

 

“She’ll really love it if you do this, Yerim. At least think about it.”

 

“Oh alright, fine. I’ll think about it. I need to go back to work now, bye.”

 

“Bye, call one of us if you decide. We just think it’ll be a really nice surprise for her.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

There’s no way she’s going to really pop out of a cake right? She doesn’t care if Sooyoung is her girlfriend. Why would their friends think she would ever want to come out of a cake for her girlfriend. When she gets back to her desk there are tons of messages waiting for her.

 

“Are these all from the same person?” Yerim asks her coworkers.

 

“Your wife called.” They all know Sooyoung and are very familiar with her antics. It’s why they all take to calling Sooyoung her wife. The dark-haired woman groans and looks through the stack of pink sticky notes.

 

“Where’s my birthday present?”

 

“What are you getting me?”

 

“It’s my birthday in a few days, what are you giving me?”

 

“Did you hide it in our apartment?”

 

“Yerimie!”

 

“Yah, wife. What are you gonna do to prove your undying love for me”

 

Yerim simply rips up all the sticky note messages and throws them into the trash bin. Now the only thing Yerim wants is for Sooyoung’s birthday to hurry up and get here, so they can resume life as normally as they can. The dark-haired woman is only grateful there are no more disturbances, and she goes about her work day as usual. She should have known that she wouldn’t be safe at home. Yerim is barely through the door when she’s being pushed to the couch and straddled by her taller other half.

 

“What are you doing?” Yerim complains.

 

“What are you getting me for my birthday, hm?” Sooyoung eyes her suspiciously as she wants answers.

 

“If you don’t get off me. I will throw you to the ground right now.”
 

“I’m stronger than you.” She states proudly and flexes her muscles. The shorter woman rolls her eyes. It’s true that Sooyoung is very well built, but someone must be forgetting that she isn’t the only with arms that are made to choke someone. Yerim isn’t afraid of her, and she is positive she can take Sooyoung. However, they’re not going to do that. She will be nice and not throw her girlfriend onto the floor, even if she probably deserves it.

 

“Fine, you’re stronger than me. Please get off me, Soo.”

 

“You can say it much nicer than that.”

 

“Please get off of me, baby.”

 

“Yes!” Sooyoung squeals happily and wraps her arms around the shorter woman. She can’t help it if she’s a weak fool for her girlfriend’s affection. She ends up placing tons of kisses all over Yerim’s face.

 

“Alright, that is enough.”

 

“Okay, I’m sorry. I’ll get off you now.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“After you tell me what you’re getting me for my birthday!”

 

“I already said I’m not getting you anything!”

 

“Fine, then I’m going to spend the next few days with Rose.”

 

Silence fills the room and Yerim looks at Sooyoung with eyes that could kill. They don’t mention certain names in this house, and Rose is such a person. Yerim has always figured if anyone would potentially come between them its Rose.

 

“We don’t talk about that person in this house!” Yerim screams at her.

 

“We won't, just tell me what you’re getting me for my birthday!”

 

“Goodbye, Soo.” Yerim proceeds to push her girlfriend off of her and leaves her on the floor, but not without hearing loud screams of her name. Yerim is tired and really wants for Sooyoung’s birthday to come soon. The dark-haired woman goes into their bedroom and gets under the covers. She is going to sleep and will deal with her crazy girlfriend later. Fortunately, later on the evening Sooyoung isn’t acting crazy and they actually eat dinner together in peace.

 

“Hey, babe. I’m sorry for acting like a crazy person right now.”

 

“Oh, are you?” Yerim deadpans. She knows Sooyoung and highly doubts that she is sorry about acting crazy. If anything the taller woman will lay on the crazy much worse.

 

“Yes, I’m sorry. I don’t mean to be so crazy. I promise I will calm down.”

 

“Good.”

 

“After you tell me what you’re getting me for my birthday.”

 

“Goodnight, Soo. I’m going to hang out with Saeron for your birthday.”

 

“What!” Sooyoung stands up and bangs her fists into the table. It’s the one name she told Yerim to never, ever mention. She knows rationally that Saeron is her girlfriend’s best friend, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t somewhat bothered.

 

“We don’t mention her in this house! How dare you tell me you’re going out with some other girl on my birthday. I’m done with you.” She dramatically leaves and Yerim simply looks at her watch.

 

“1….2….”

 

Before the dark-haired woman can even get to three Sooyoung is coming back. The taller woman throws her arms around her.

 

“I was kidding, I’m not really done with you.”

 

“Obviously.” Yerim rolls her eyes. She still pats Sooyoung on the back and tells her she loves her. She just kind of hates her right now.

 

“I want this birthday over now!” She sighs, and then decides on something else. She will agree to popping out of the cake for Sooyoung, if no other reason but to see her happy on her birthday. Sooyoung better appreciate her sacrifice, as it won’t happen again. The next day she tells Joohyun, Seulgi, and Seungwan that she will jump out of the cake for her girlfriend, much to the delight of the older three.

 

“We knew you would agree, that’s why we already ordered the cake.” Joohyun tells her.

 

“We also bought you a red dress to wear since Sooyoung loves red.” Seulgi finishes.

 

“Is there anything you all didn’t go on ahead and do?”

 

“No, we have it all covered. Let’s make this a great party for Soo.” Seungwan says. Yerim cares more about this being a good day for Sooyoung, even if she’s going to end up coming out of a cake for her. The night before her birthday to Yerim’s surprise Sooyoung wasn’t acting crazy at all. She was being so normal in fact. Yerim just knew she had something up of her sleeve.

 

“Okay, what are you planning?”

 

“Planning?” The auburn-haired woman looks up with an innocent look on her face. “I’m not planning anything, sweetie.”

 

Yerim eyes her suspiciously. She hasn’t spent many years with this woman to start trusting her right now.

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

“Silly, you’re being paranoid. I promise I’m not up to anything.”

 

“Okay, if you say so. Goodnight, Soo.”

 

“Night.” She smiles and turns over in bed like nothing is up. Yerim isn’t so sure she can believe this, but she still leaves a kiss against the side of her face. Of course, a simple kiss to the cheek is not what Sooyoung wants. She turns around and pulls the dark-haired woman to her for a real lip to lip kiss.

 

“Night, baby.” Sooyoung beams.

 

It’s not even a full hour later when Yerim feels Sooyoung casually poking her cheek. She tries to ignore it but the more she does. The more forceful the poking is.

 

“What is it?” Yerim groans.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“If it’s nothing, then why are you poking me?”

 

“I just wanted to…” Sooyoung begins.

 

“You just wanted to…”

 

“Ask you what you’re getting me for my birthday. It’s almost 12 am, so…”

 

“I’m breaking up with you!”

 

“Oh, come on babe. You don’t mean that, right?”

 

Sooyoung hears nothing but silence, and so she turns around too. It will be her birthday soon and she expects for her girlfriend to do something for her. Otherwise, someone’s going to answer for it. When it’s morning of her birthday she expects to be woken up to kisses of some kind, or at least a hug. She wakes up to an empty bed with no kiss or hug.

 

“I’ll kill her if she forgot my birthday on the actual day.”

 

It would be like Yerim to go on and forget her birthday on the actual day, or worse pretend like she doesn’t remember. Sooyoung is about to get up from bed and find her girlfriend, so that she can confront her. She doesn’t actually get out of bed because the door opens and she sees Yerim with what is clearly a tray of breakfast from one of their favorite restaurants, and also the first place they had their first official date.

 

“Yerimie?”

 

“Hi, happy birthday Soo.” The shorter woman tells her sincerely and places the tray before her.

 

“I thought you forgot?”

 

“How could I forget after having weeks worth of reminders?”

 

Sooyoung thought that breakfast itself was nice. The very moment she sees Yerim about to feed her. She just about loses her mind totally, this is something that doesn’t usually happen.

 

“Oh my god. She is actually feeding me!” This could just end up as the best day ever, depending on how the rest of her day goes.

 

“Is it good?”

 

“It’s so good!” Sooyoung nods. “Thank you, baby.”

 

Yerim smiles and kisses her on the cheek. “Happy Birthday, Soo.” It’s the soft way she says this that makes Sooyoung feel touched. The auburn-haired woman knows she is very lucky.

 

“What’s on the agenda for today?”

 

“Work.” Yerim says half-seriously. She does have to go in for at least a half day, and then meet with Joohyun, Seulgi, and Seungwan for any last minute party stuff. Not to mention getting dressed and ready for popping out of that cake.

 

“You didn’t take off today?”

 

“I couldn’t just take off because it’s your birthday.”

 

“Well, why not?”

 

Yerim rolls her eyes. She’s another year older, but Sooyoung is just as ridiculous as ever.

 

“I don’t even take off for my own birthday, Soo. Do you really think I’m going to miss making money for yours?”

 

“You know what!” The taller woman uses the nearby pillow to hit her girlfriend upside the head. Yerim simply laughs and then uses the time to give Sooyoung her birthday punches.

 

“Be still while I give you your 35 birthday punches.”

 

“I am not 35!”

 

They end up wrestling with one another as Sooyoung tries to squirm away from getting those dreaded, and untrue 35 birthday punches. Somehow, the couple end up with Sooyoung on top of the dark-haired woman, and looking at her with that loving expression she normally does.

 

“I could always just have you for my gift.” She admits hotly in her ear. It sounds enticing, and under any other circumstances Yerim would be all for it. She just really has places to be.

 

“I’ll be back, later.”

 

“Alright, fine.” Sooyoung sighs and lets her go, but not before getting at least one final kiss in. Yerim does leave for work and Sooyoung thinks now is the perfect time to find where her gift could be. It has to be around here somewhere, and she needs to find it.

 

“Okay, now where the hell did she put my gift.”


 

Yerim goes into work for her half day, and because she knows Sooyoung so very well. She took the gift with her because without a doubt Sooyoung will be tearing up the apartment looking for it. She will only be giving her the gift later on at the party, after jumping out of the cake.

 

“I can’t believe I’m really going to jump out of this cake later.”

 

She’s going to do it because she does love her girlfriend. When she leaves the office later it’s to go straight to check on things for the party. The place itself is set up nicely, with various red balloons and pretty decorations that the birthday girl herself would approve of. Joohyun is there while Seulgi and Seungwan are out running some last minute errands. The older woman uses the time to show her the red dress they bought for her. It’s certainly a shapely outfit and will show off her physique.

 

“She’ll love this, you know she will.”

 

“Duh, look at it.” Yerim points out the obvious. It’s in Sooyoung’s favorite color and it’s going to show off her body. What’s not to like about it? Joohyun is mentioning something to her about shoes now, and Yerim swears she won’t ever be doing this again. Her girlfriend will appreciate this effort, god help her if she doesn’t. It’s unanimously decided that since she must stay around to be the extra surprise. Seulgi and Seungwan will go bring Sooyoung to the party.

 

“I think she’ll really love the party.” Joohyun mentions.

 

“Yeah.” The younger woman nods. “She sure as hell better.”


 

It was exactly as Yerim knew would happen. Sooyoung spent a good hour and a half looking around their entire apartment for any sign, or hint of her gift. She left the entire place in such shambles that no one would even want to step foot inside of it.

 

“All this effort and I didn’t find anything.” She sighs and leans up against the couch. The auburn-haired woman looks up to the kitchen table when she hears her cell phone pinging with notifications. There are the usual birthday greetings and well wishes. When she finishes replying to those. She notices something from Seulgi saying to be ready in about an hour or so, because she and Seungwan are taking her out to dinner for her birthday. It sounds suspicious to Sooyoung, because for one thing Yerim is supposed to be coming back, and if anyone should be taking her out to dinner, wouldn’t it be Seulgi and Joohyun? They are the engaged couple after all?

 

“Um, did you and Joohyun break up?” Sooyoung texts back and is met with immediate responses of emojis and indecipherable language that has Sooyoung laughing as she imagines how Seulgi’s face must look right now. If there is one thing you never do, it would be to not joke with either Seulgi or Joohyun about the state of their relationship. Those two are so sickeningly in love and so obvious that it hurts.

 

“We are getting married!” The text reads.

 

Sooyoung laughs and replies that she knows and was just messing with the older woman. She supposes she will go on and get ready for some dinner. She does text Yerim, but gets no answer. Something is obviously up, and she will surely find out what it is. Seulgi and Seungwan go to get the cake and any other last minute things the party needs. The best friends make a stop back to where the party is, and drops everything off. People are already arriving, and the huge fake cake is there just waiting for one Kim Yerim to get inside of it. Joohyun doesn’t let Seulgi leave without a ton of kisses, so many kisses in fact that even Yerim is about to scream at them to get off of one another, and for Seulgi to go.

 

“Oh my god, people, seriously!” Seungwan sighs. This is exactly why they can’t have the couple be the ones to get Sooyoung, because knowing them they’ll go off somewhere to have , and by the time they get the birthday girl. Her birthday will most likely be over.

 

“Alright, that is enough! Break it up people.” Yerim pushes through and divides the couple from kissing.

 

“I love you, baby.” Joohyun tells her with one more kiss that she manages to sneak.

 

“I love you too, Hyun.”

 

“Okay, come on.” Seungwan drags Seulgi away. “We need to get Soo, it’s her birthday, remember?”

 

“This is why we keep you two apart.” Yerim reminds the couple who are just really in their own worlds looking at one another. Yes, this is why they can’t be the ones to go get Sooyoung.

 

“If I ever act as pathetic as that.” The younger woman shakes her head. She better at least send a message back to her own girlfriend, otherwise it will be much too suspicious if Sooyoung doesn’t hear from her at all.

 

“Hey, Soo. I’ll see you soon.”


 

Sooyoung looks to see the notification from her girlfriend. It makes her smile when she sees the cute emoji attached. She really misses her now and can’t wait until she can see Yerim, for now Sooyoung finishes getting ready and it’s about a half hour later when Seulgi and Seungwan show up.

 

“Happy Birthday!” They tell her together and she proceeds to get hugs and punches from each of them.

 

“Thanks, now where are my presents!”

 

“You’ll get them, relax.” The blonde tells her with a smile.

 

“Yeah, relax. Did you think we wouldn’t get you anything?” Seulgi speaks next. “Are you ready?”

 

“Sure.” The taller woman nods. “Now, where are we really going?”

 

“We’re taking you out to dinner.”

 

“Without Yerim or Joohyun?”

 

“Oh .” The best friends think. They are going to give everything away if they don’t come up with some believable excuse right now. The blonde steps into say that they will be meeting Yerim and Joohyun at the restaurant. Sooyoung eyes Seungwan suspiciously. It sounds like a pretty believable excuse to taller woman just doesn’t know if she buys it.

 

“Fine, let’s go to dinner then.”

 

“Phew.” Seulgi sighs in relief. “Yeah, let’s go.” The monolid woman is sure to text Joohyun that they have Sooyoung, and are heading over. When the older raven sees that message. She makes sure to tell everyone Sooyoung is on the way and should be here soon. Joohyun also goes to make sure that Yerim is dressed and ready for her role.

 

“Yerimie, are you dressed?”

 

The younger woman is indeed dressed in this red dress that is showing off her curves. She stands with her arms crossed over herself, and wonders if it’s not too late to back out of this.

 

“Um...yes.”

 

“Oh, good. Sooyoung is on the way, but I’ll let you know when I’ll come back to help you get inside that cake.”

 

“No chance of anyone else doing this?”

 

Joohyun laughs then. “Haha, nope. See you soon, don’t worry. She’ll love it!”

 

“Fine.” Now came the waiting game, Yerim supposes. The whole drive over Sooyoung kept complaining to them about where they were going? Why were they not there yet? How much longer is this going to take? Why the hell didn’t they stop for fried chicken when she specifically asked them to?

 

“Oh, my god. Are you sure you’re an adult?” Seungwan can’t help but to ask this when she looks at the auburn-haired woman.

 

“I’m an adult, an adult who just wants to know where the hell I’m going. I could be being kidnapped for all I know.”

 

“Why would we kidnap you?” Seulgi says in a serious tone that has Sooyoung trying to reach in the front to choke the older woman.

 

“Ah, Hyunnie will kill you if you put even a scratch on me.” The monolid woman reminds her, and that has Sooyoung backing down. She isn’t about to fight on her birthday anyway. She decides to just calm down and sees they are indeed at a restaurant.

 

“Oh, maybe we are going to dinner.”

 

They all get out the car and start heading inside. It’s here when Sooyoung realizes the entire place has been closed down, and it’s all for her.

 

“Surprise! Happy Birthday, Sooyoung.” A lot of voices chorus out and surprise her. The taller woman swears she won’t cry, but when she sees the amount of effort that went into this. It does make her feel really loved, and so many of the people she cares about as well are here.

 

“I knew you all were up to something.” She admits softly.

 

“We had to do something for you on your big 30th.” Joohyun says.

 

“I am not 30!”

 

That earns loud laughs and she gets a few birthday hugs. This is all well and good, but where is her most important and special person.

 

“Where’s my girlfriend?” Sooyoung is sure to ask.

 

“Oh, don’t worry. She’ll be here soon.” Seulgi says and while Sooyoung has her back turned two people are pushing in a giant cake. Joohyun motions for them to just place the cake nearby, and she is supposed to say specific words for Yerim to surprise Sooyoung with.

 

“Ready for some cake, Soo.”

 

“Cake, well…”

 

“Surprise, baby.” Sooyoung hears Yerim and that’s when she sees exactly where her girlfriend is. Her eyes travel down to the red dress and does she love what she is seeing right now. The taller woman hurries over to Yerim, and immediately hugs her.

 

“You look so y.” She whispers in her ear.

 

“Of course you would like this. Happy Birthday.” Yerim tells her softly, and that earns her a kiss. Sooyoung more than likes this, and is also surprised that Yerim even went along with such a thing, as this definitely couldn’t have been her idea, that’s for sure. Sooyoung helps her out of the cake and thanks Joohyun, Seulgi, and Seungwan for not only the party, but for the extra surprise.

 

“We knew you would like it.”

 

“Oh, well of course. What’s not to like when my girlfriend is so beautiful.”

 

Yerim shakes her head, but has a small smile on her face. This is definitely her Sooyoung, a year older and still ridiculous. She takes her by the hand for a moment, so they can have some time by themselves before the party really gets started. Yerim tells her to wait while she goes to get her actual birthday gift.

 

“Oh, I thought you weren’t getting me anything?” Sooyoung reminds her with a laugh.

 

“I can always get my money back.”

 

“No, there’s no need for that. I want to see what you gave me.”

 

“Okay, just close your eyes.”

 

Sooyoung does close her eyes as Yerim asked of her. She wonders what her gift could be, as she doesn’t have any ideas at the moment. The shorter woman returns and tells her to open her eyes. Sooyoung looks to see it’s that really expensive necklace she wanted. The diamond one she had her eyes on, but didn’t think would actually get.

 

“Babe.” The auburn-haired woman whispers, now there are definite tears. Yerim gently wipes away at them. Her girlfriend had not been subtle in her want for this necklace, and that’s why she put in extra shifts here and there in order to afford it.

 

“I wanted you to have the thing you wanted.”

 

Sooyoung gets up and hugs her tightly, god does she love Kim Yerim more than anything.

 

“Thank you, baby. You know you didn’t have to really buy me this, but I really love it.”

 

“I love you.”

 

It really is the best birthday ever for Park Sooyoung, as she softly tells Yerim that she loves her too. The dark-haired woman puts it on for her, and they do share a few kisses before they can hear their friends.

 

“Hey, we can take all this food back and cancel this party!”

 

“Um, so do you want this cake or not?”

 

“We did this for you, Park Sooyoung. The least you can do is show your face.”

 

The couple laugh together and then take each other’s hand. They do need to get back out there, as it is indeed a party.

 

“Happy birthday, Soo.”

 

“Thank you, it’s really been the best birthday ever.” She replies with a smile, and one last kiss to her girlfriend’s lips. It’s an even better day as she’s with the people she cares about, and more importantly the person she loves the most is right by her side, as she should be.


 

A/n: Hey, so this is complete, and I thought overall it’s not a bad fic, and we got some cute joyri for this birthday fic, to the one and only Ms. Park Sooyoung, aka Joy who really is the sweetest and nicest. I hope she has the best day, happy birthday Joy.