sunshine

Nct imagines

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was just another regular day, when I go to school, depressed and sad ,but keeping my posture as always.It's not as always to be specific, it was just until I broke my relationship with my best friend, Donghyuck, or Haechan, the nickname I gave him since I consider him as the sunshine to my life, but since then, my life was always gloomy, I never want to admit it,not to him,not to anyone,not even to myself, even when I know it's the truth. I try hard to tell myself that he isn't  the controller of my life, but I can't help but be sad when I see him with another girl. I know I shouldn't, because that's his habit, being with a different girl each day, I shouldn't react like it's the first time that I see him flirting with a girl passing while having another one in his arms. But my heart keeps hoping that he'll stop, I don't want him to stop in hope that he'll be with me again, I just want the old haechan to get back, the innocent haechan who loves hanging out with me, and going to the amusement park on the week-ends, after finishing our homework and assignements. I can still remember how he was getting absent the latest days, and how I waited for hours until he sends a message claiming to have a date with some hoe and that of course had his grades going down, but no matter how much I warned him to pay attention in class and to stay away from girls' asses, he never listened. Puberty hit Haechan hard, mutating him from the cute kid to the handsome breathtaking visual man, but that wasn't everything for you,but that was it for other girls, they only payed attention to him when he got better and instead of sensing it the same way you did, he actually loved the attention and drowned deeper into the sea of girls who surrounded him. You wished his personality didn't change when his face did, but your hope dimmed  as days parted you away, he used to surprise you from time to time and hang out with you, but everytime he did, he would act bored and end up getting a phone call and leaving. It pained you everytime you watched his back as he walked away with a stupid excuse just so he'll somebody instead of hanging out with his best friend. You knew you had feelings for him even before he would get in his first relationship, but you didn't want to ruin your friendship, so you stepped on your heart and kept your mouth shut in hopes that they'll disappear, but you were just getting sure that you were falling deeper in love with him  everytime you get jealous when a girl approaches him. As much as your love grew as much as the pain grew with it.You were stupid enough for choosing to love him only when he was getting away  but it was never your fault, you didn't know he was gonna change after all. The sadness grew to be a depression and life only darkened day by day. The suffering grew to be unbearable and you decided that it was the time to make an end to your torture. It was the day you broke your relation with him in the most dramatic way ever, in the cafeteria,in front of everyone. You were sitting together at lunch when you decided to blurt the words and he just happened to not accept it.

"I am already nothing in your life, it doesn't make a change if I get out of it ,what are you even making a fuss about ?"

"You forget all the days we passed with each other and now you claim that you're nothing in my life just because I have a social life and you don't"

"Flirting and ing is what you call a social life, haechan ,and how the can you think that I'm jealous of your stupid life, all I want is for you to be the haechan I used to know"

"Why do you think it's so harmful to change, I'm still haechan you know, I just got handsome and a few chicks around me, what's so harmful about it, what do you want?"

" I want to hang out with you like we used to do, and shop together and do homework together, dance together and sing together, but guess what, I already buried the haechan I used to know and all I ing want now is that you stay away from my life,actually you already are but we got to put this officially , I am no longer your best friend lee Donghyuck."

You still remember how the view was blurry with tears when you uttered those words. Everyone in the cafeteria was shocked, donghyuck was shocked , even you were shocked at your boldness to shout at him in the middle of the most crowded place in school. You walked away and later that day, donghyuck came to your house begging for forgiveness but you didn't surrender to his pleading eyes. It wasn't the first time that he would ask for forgiveness after making a big mistake, and everytime he promised not to repeat it, he would break his promise a few hours after, and it hurt you even more, so you just had to stop him and this was the only way to get out of your hole of darkness.

After refusing his apology, Donghyuck even became meaner, and started bullying you, in addition to grabbing random girls and kissing them every time he sees you in the hallways. You were annoyed by his actions in the begging but now you just ignored him.

You passed through the hallways,heading to the dancing room.You had no competition or a performance coming yet you just wanted to dance to some comforting music before going home  ,but as soon as  you got closer you regretted your decision. Donghyuck was on your way with a random girl again, you didn't know what were they doing since you refused to even take a glimpse of the scene and you quickly got to the dancing room. 

Turning on the music , you decided to dance and forget about all your previous life, focus on your moves and the soothing piano notes that were filling the room as your dress swirled as you glided through the steps.

You stopped for a second when you noticed the door moving in the mirror in front of you,but then you carried on after spotting a familiar frame come in. Donghyuck would follow you these days after you seize him with a girl, bully you and threaten you so as not to tell anyone since the director has been trying his best to catch him do anything wrong and get him punished, you won't blame him,haechan has been a trouble maker lately and it's  hard to take control of him. Donghyuck would bully you sometimes after getting a detention or any kind of punishment even when it isn't you who told the director about him, you only did so when he bothers you so much, just like when he brings some girl to the class room you decided to review your notes in and make out with her.So you thought that he maybe came in for the same reason again.

Donghyuck watched you in silence from the corner with his arms crossed against his chest like he was some kind of judge. When the music stopped another song played and before you could start moving to the rythm, somebody had to stop it but you just ignored his existence and played it again only to get it stopped by the stubborn head next to you.

"Stop " You warned him before leaning your hand to play the music again. But his hand was too fast to catch yours.

"Stop " You exclaimed this time more annoyed, " I'm not saying anything just leave me alone ".

" I don't care if you say " You smirk still panting,"Okay, great,then get out " you try to shove him away but he stops you, holding your hand aggressively.


" Stop " 


"I won't until you tell me why are u acting angry ?" 


You escaped from his hold, trying to push him away,but soon you were pushed to the mirror with his body so close to yours, both of his hands on your sides. You try to escape but in vain.

" You stopped my music, and my dancing session, and when I ask you to get out, you don't, why wouldn't I be angry ?"


" You didn't ask politely"


"Tehah, and why would I speak politely to someone like you"


Donghyuck's features instantly flashed a sad face,as his anger faded in a second.He lowered his head as if he just lost a battle which is an unacquainted trait to his new personality, the new Donghyuck does never get beaten, the new Donghyuck won't shut up in such a simple dispute, the new Donghyuck would throw back whatever you threw at him but today was not the case. He overcame your expectations when he raised his head, a defeated look drawn on his features. He looked so broken, that your heart was about to mellow at the scene before regaining your solid posture, mind believing that it all was just acting. His acting skills are no joke, it's his super power that got tons of girls glued to him, but you weren't the type to fall for that.


" Now I'm just a someone huh ?" He interrogated with a smirk on his face, angry and sad at the same time. You won't deny that it was pretty hard for you to keep your cold aura around him, he did always melt your heart, with his shinny smile, his tanned skin against the sunlight, his bright eyes that curl everytime he shoots his adorable grins, with his y body sways he does when he dances, but you didn't want to show it not even to yourself , you refused to be heart broken. You wanted to hold him tight and tell him that you loved him so much that it aches but no, you won't get beaten again at least not by the same person.


"Listen " Donghyuck hissed angrily,tensing even more. You were too focused on his furious face that you didn't expect the shattering sound coming just a few seconds after , you turned to see his now bleading hand and tiny fragments of glass stirred in his skin , tiny blood-stained pieces  of the mirror were dispersed on the floor beside your feet. The scene was awful but he didn't seem to care now, He runs his clean hand in his hair before proceeding, totally ignoring the pain in his hand .


" I'm so sick of this _____, so sick of this,( he gestures with his hands to the floor ) so sick of what's going between us, so sick of you watching me with other girls, so sick of this distance and these limitless walls you made between us, so sick of those glares you shoot me everytime you pass by, do you think I get scared, no I get hurt and I don't even show it , and I'm so sick of that too, when I look back at you looking nonchalantly as if I don't care if you see me making out with other girls "


Tears were forming in his eyes, and you mirrored it unconsciously.


" I have to suffer just because I was stupid and immature but when I asked for a chance, you refused it, I said I would change and I really did but you can't see it cuz I have to hide it and only show you the tardy side of me " he was panting as if he was running,but Donghyuck was so broken it tired him. He kneeled slowly by your feet ,his face still lowered.


"Please believe me " he said in a husky voice, his arms loose by his sides, you knew then that he was at the edge of defeat. Your tears were now flowing, and it's too late to stop them. The hate faded away from your heart and you lost strength to stand up , so you kneeled in front of him, crawling further to his body. You locked your arms around his chest, and inhaled his beautiful scent that you missed,you put your head comfortably on his chest and listened to his heartbeat ringing in your ears. You closed your eyes, it was just you and him now, after a long time, you were finally in his embrace. Soon after,  his bruised hand were on your head you hair, and the other one rubbing circles in your back, a few minutes passed and you both calmed down.You suddenly broke the hug when you remembered his bruised hand. You took hold of it and looked at his puffy eyes.

" We should get this cleaned " You told him but he only looked blankly at you before leaning again for a second hug, this time he held you tighter, burrying his face in your neck as if it belongs there.

" I miss you " He whispered with a hoarse yet sweet voice, a voice that held too much emotions in it, and thankfully you could sense how hurt he was, because otherwise you wouldn't have trusted him, even when you wanted to, you always wanted to trust his words, but you couldn't. Who would trust a playboy, whose fully capable of playing with girl's hearts, he was an expert when it came to flirting, sweet words drop from his lips like honey and you were never the type to believe easily but today was an exception. Your heart couldn't handle being away from him anymore.You held his neck with your arms while mouthing a "me too" before the room falls in silence again.


"Will you give me a chance " Donghyuck questioned looking down at you while putting an innocent look on his face and pressing his lips into a pout.

You took a glimpse of his face and continued displaying the bandage around his hand.

" A chance for what ?" You answered with a question which of course made him roll his eyes at you.

" A chance to be my girlfriend " 

You stopped in your tracks as soon as he blurted these words. You didn't expect him to ask about such thing, you thought that he only wanted you back as best friends. His words were confusing but it still made you happy. Your love is finally reciprocated , you were no longer in a one sided love relation but is this a prank, Donghyuck is totally the kind to pull pranks,but this wasn't the right time for jokes and even if Donghyuck is a tease,he still was reasonable and knew when it's time to play and when it's not and now was definitely not the right time to pull pranks on you.

You looked at him stunned and he mirrored your action, before speaking again.

"Do you think I only want you as my best friend ?" He explained.

You didn't answer still shocked and he proceeded again, this time cupping your face and leaning closer to your eye level.

" I love you _____, but not as my best friend and I know you love me back, I knew it since you started falling in love with me, it was obvious for me, but I didn't know I loved you back until I lost you, _____, and it hurt like , but when I asked for a chance you refused me and I  decided to get my revenge as if to make you jealous and maybe want me back, but that was the stupidest idea" .

"You only worsened the situation " 

"I know " he said guilt filling his lungs." Now, will you give me another chance?"

He looked down at your parted lips and back at your eyes that searched his. Your breath heavied  and time slowed, you looked welcoming and Donghyuck couldn't hold himself from leaning closer especially when you closed your eyes. You didn't wait a lot til his lips touched yours , the kiss was soft it melted your senses but still you didn't kiss back, maybe because you were overwhelmed or you were just not ready. Sadly, Donghyuck took it as a sign and broke the kiss, throwing a "sorry" before heading outside but before  he could even move ,you held his shirt by the chest and stopped his moves.

"Where are you going ?" You pushed him on the bed behind him and hovered over him, only to connect your lips again, softly, slowly and comfortably at first before it became passionate when he span your bodies, making you lie under him, straddling you with both of his hands on the sides of your head. He worked his way to your jaw before capturing your lips again into a fiery kiss, moving his lips with your own,as you both sensed each other's sweet breaths and body warmth, until you part away in need of air.

"Why didn't you kiss me back at first?"He asked while settling his body next to yours and holding you closer by the waist.

"I wasn't ready " You said shyly as you nosed  in his neck hiding your embarrassment.

You get out of his embrace, your hands playing with the pattern on his shirt.

" What comes to your mind when you bully me and push me to the floor, haechan ?" 

"At least, I didn't do it in public " It's true that he only did when it's just you and him, but it still hurts.

"It still hurts" 

" I know baby, I was just kidding " he answered holding you closer as the nickname played wonders on your heart.

" I missed your dorm room" he confessed twirling his fingers around your hair locks.

" Don't you miss my bedroom in the house, actually we should get out of here, I already ran out of food and my parents are out of town so we have the house of ourselves"

The road took you for about an hour since you lived in the surrounding areas of Seoul.

"Gosh, I miss this place " Donghyuck muttered as you entered the house.

 You head to the kitchen to make something as he follows behind. Circling his arms around your waist and his head on your shoulder.


"What super power do  you have to get all  those girls  haechan?"You initiated a conversation as you poured the juice in the cups.


" I got no super power since I didn't have you" he responded being even more romantic.


" But you have me now " you say as you turn to give him his cup of juice, but he refuses to break the hug so he puts it down and hold you even tighter peppering your bare shoulder with kisses as he whispers " you're mine now"


" I'm yours " you reply back, giving back his hug and feeling the long gone warmth you always wished to feel again.