1.2

♡ cat-astrophic events

 

 

“Go fish,” Luhan says and smirks when Jongin proceeds to pick up another card from the pile. He puts his own cards face down on the floor. “You really should get better at this, y’know,” he adds, grooming his left ear. 

 

Jongin rolls his eyes, not even bothering to bring up the fact that Luhan has cheated at least a hundred times since they started playing. As he listens to Jonghun scampering around upstairs, as well as Sehun talking to one of his colleagues on the phone, Jongin stares at the six cards in his hands before he sighs internally (since he knows he's already lost this round). Even though it’s been less than ten minutes since Sehun left the game early to take his call, Jongin wishes that Sehun were here, mainly due to Sehun's tendency to actually play by the rules (instead of making his own ones up, which Luhan proceeded to do halfway through the second round).

 

Despite Sehun saying he would be back 'in just a sec', Jongin soon found himself playing with a pile of dust bunnies after growing bored after less than thirty seconds. Since he knows all about how much Sehun dislikes being disturbed while talking on the phone, Jongin opted to wait patiently for Sehun to come back downstairs, even though he was, and still is, dying to run upstairs and beg Sehun to take them to the store to pick up some candy, which the latter promised this morning.

 

After winning for the sixth time in a row, Luhan emits a triumphant noise before he tosses his cards over his shoulder. He goes on to brag about how great it is to be born with natural card playing talent, all whilst his stomach growls. “How long has Sehun been up there, anyway?” he asks, tail restlessly swishing from side to side. 

 

Jongin shrugs, wanting to say something along the lines of 'way too long' as Jonghun frolics with a couple of bouncy balls upstairs, which is closely followed by Sehun scolding him for making too much noise. Jongin honestly has no idea when (or if) Sehun will come back downstairs, and since there’s no way he’s attempting to prepare himself some milk on the stove (ever since he nearly burned the kitchen to the ground while making lasagna last week), Jongin rolls onto his back and figures he'll just have to accept the fact that he's going to die of hunger. One of the neighbors parks their car on screeching tires outside, which has Jongin sort of wishing that he could drive, since that would not only mean getting his candy sooner, but also staying true to his promise not to disturb Sehun at the same time. A moth crawls up the wall beside him, but Jongin is so sugar deprived at this point that he doesn't have the energy to catch it.

 

It's not until Jongin notices the twinkle in Luhan’s green eyes that he realizes that he must have said it out loud, and he finds himself sitting up when Luhan subsequently stares at the black car keys on top of the shelf a few feet away (after he crawls over and proceeds to stuff the insect in his mouth, of course). Jongin and Luhan exchange looks to the sound of Jonghun humming a tune, to a famous nursery rhyme he learned at kindergarten, upstairs, and Jongin can only watch as Luhan quickly gets to his feet and skips towards the shelf. The next thing Jongin knows, Luhan is twirling the keys around on his index finger with a sly smirk on his face.

 

“Y'know, we should’ve thought of this hours ago,” Luhan chuckles and stares at the photo inside the glass keychain - taken last year, at the top of the Mickey Mouse ferris wheel at Disneyland, during Sehun and Jongin’s honeymoon. “Now we’ll get it done in no time,” he adds with a grin, which falters after he sees the look on Jongin’s face. “We'll be back in like, five minutes, he won't notice, you can trust me on that, y'know.”

 

Jongin scratches the back of his ear. Even though his stomach is practically cramping up with hunger (or rather, candy cravings), the thought of getting into Sehun’s car without Sehun sort of makes him feel uneasy, even though he knows that Sehun’s car isn’t dangerous. Jongin decides against telling Luhan, though, in fear of the latter calling him a kitten. "Shouldn't we, y'know--" Jongin gestures at the stairs. "...ask first??" He stares at the keys dangling from Luhan's fingers. "I mean-- He cuts himself off and bites his lip. "Nevermind."

 

Luhan raises a puzzled eyebrow. "Has Sehun ever said the words 'Jongindon't drive my car' to you? Like, ever?" he asks, to which Jongin replies with an honest shake of his head. "Exactly. Plus, if we leave now, we'll make it back in time for dinner, right? That way, he won't peg us about spoiling our appetites, right??? And I know you've seen him drive like, a million times, what difference does it make?" He sends Jongin an excited grin and doesn't even give the latter a chance to reply before he scampers down the hallway and toes his sneakers on. From his spot on the carpet, Luhan looks at Jongin, who is still sitting cross legged beside the shelf and looking like a question mark. "Hurry, they probably close soon!!"

 

Watching Luhan tie his laces, Jongin feels his ears twitch as he stands up and brushes himself off. He figures that if anything, Sehun will be proud, since Sehun is constantly teaching him about the importance of being independent and stepping out of your comfort zone. Jongin also figures that if he's lucky, Sehun might reward him later on, and the thought makes Jongin skip towards the hallway, not even bothering to gather up the cards on the floor (which he knows will result in Jonghun tearing them apart at some point) before he picks up his own sneakers. The thought of asking Sehun if they're in need of more milk briefly crosses Jongin's mind, but he forgets all about it when Luhan proceeds to open the closet door and rummage through Sehun's coat pocket. Jongin sits on the floor, which is littered with Jonghun's toys, and he honestly doesn't know what to think when Luhan retrieves Sehun's wallet after a few seconds of searching.   

 

Luhan immediately notices Jongin's frown and he simply shrugs. "How else are we supposed to do it?" he asks before he shamelessly shoves it in his back pocket, but not before he opens it up and says something about Sehun practically being a zillionaire. "Candy's cheap, anyway, so I doubt he'll notice." It's not until Luhan notices Jongin's ears drooping in reluctance that he sighs in defeat. "Fine, I promise we won't spend too much, 'kay??" He tosses the keys right in Jongin's face. "Look, I'll even let you drive if it makes you feel any better."

 

Jongin narrowly avoids getting his eyes poked out as he catches them in mid air, before he gets to his feet and eyes his reflection in the mirror. Running a hand through his hair, Jongin fights the urge to tell Luhan that he would be the one behind the wheel regardless, since being married to Sehun automatically grants him the right to drive Sehun's car at any given moment (even if Luhan just so happens to be three years older than him). While he stares at the keychain photo, Jongin figures that he has every right to feel uneasy about Luhan swiping Sehun's wallet without permission, considering that a group of strangers tried grabbing it from Sehun's pocket during their walk home from the park four nights ago (which resulted in Sehun practically beating all of them to the ground, all while Jongin stayed hidden behind a nearby bush with Jonghun). Be that as it may, the newfound energy coursing through his body is enough to distract Jongin from the fact that Sehun might beat him up for stealing his wallet, too, before he skips out the door with Luhan.

 

Jongin presses down on the larger button, the one he's seen Sehun press at least a thousand times before, and skips towards the driver's side door. Luhan is already in the passenger seat before Jongin even has a chance to process the fact that he's going to be sitting behind the wheel for the very first time (save for last week when he waited for Sehun to return from the store - with the engine off), and the next thing Jongin knows, he's throwing the door open and climbing into the seat. In his exhilarated state, Jongin accidentally closes the door on his own tail, but he doesn't pay it any thought as he jams the key in the ignition (after spending a good five minutes trying to locate it). Jongin's ears twitch when the familiar rumbling of the engine starting up makes the floor vibrate, all whilst Luhan fastens his seatbelt beside him.

 

"Y'know, Mom says that driving is an adult thing, so consider yourself less of a kitten from now on," Luhan says as he watches Jongin struggle to tell the brake and gas pedal apart. "Even if it's your first time driving and all, don't show off or I'll kick you out, just saying," he adds and props his feet up on the dash. He proceeds to pull out Sehun's wallet and immediately lays his eyes on the photo stuffed in one of the pockets - of Jongin, clad in a pink party hat and hugging Jonghun during the latter's second birthday party, with Chanyeol and Baekhyun stuffing their faces with cupcakes in the background.  

 

Jongin contemplates perching himself on the seat due to how much the backrest hurts his tail, but he decides against it when he realizes that it would mean crouching in an awfully uncomfortable position. While Luhan continues to comment on how 'overly lovey dovey' they both look in the photo, Jongin steps on the gas pedal and flinches when the car slowly rolls forward, and it's not until they're dangerously close to colliding with the front porch that Jongin instinctively slams on the brakes. Except he accidentally ends up hitting the accelerator, instead, and Jongin almost cries in relief when he frantically yanks the key out, effectively preventing them from crashing into the steps, after the car flies forward. 

 

After putting the car in reverse (and knocking over a few pots), Jongin manages to pull out of the driveway (after getting Luhan to stop looting through Sehun's credit cards). At first, he has no idea where he's supposed to go, but Jongin soon recalls the route they drove at least fifty times back when they were expecting Jonghun, so he steps on the accelerator before they approach the first intersection. Despite it being rush hour, there's surprisingly few cars on the road, which Jongin is thankful for as he turns the wheel and nearly collides with an incoming cyclist. Luhan proceeds to switch between radio stations while Jongin grips the steering wheel - the way he's seen Sehun do it, and constantly fights an impulse to perch himself on the edge of the seat due to how much his tail aches from being sandwiched between the backrest and his back (at one point, Jongin tries doing just that, but he gives up after he tears his eyes off the road and nearly crashes into a lamppost). They're on the main road a minute later, and the thought of Sehun being proud of him for finally being independent fills Jongin with a warm glow as he watches a few birds circling a tree in somebody's backyard.

 

Luhan looks at the side view mirrors, both of which are still closed (and Jongin can't figure out how to open for the life of him), and stretches his legs. "Maybe we should get Chanyeol that ice cream he likes so much," he snickers as he watches a series of cars pass by. He soon finds himself constantly lurching forwards and backwards in his seat as a result of Jongin constantly putting a different amount of pressure on the gas pedal, but Luhan doesn't get a chance to insult Jongin's driving skills when he notices the queue building up behind them. "You uh, might want to go a little faster," he mumbles after turning around and scoffs when one of the drivers shakes their fist at them in irritation. 

 

Jongin bites his lip, ears twitching as he eyes the road before them. He isn't sure if he's got Sehun's lectures about safe driving to blame, but Jongin knows for a fact that there's no way he'll be speeding up and risking Sehun yelling at him for being irresponsible (since they're probably already in hot water for stealing Sehun's wallet). Even though he has no clue how fast he's going, all the honking coming from all directions leads Jongin to believe that he might be going slightly slower than he's supposed to, but he distracts himself by thinking about the giant chocolate egg he'll be buying in a little while as he keeps his gaze fixated on a magpie on the side of the road. However, it's not until one of the drivers exits their car, walks up to them and angrily bangs on the window that Jongin finds himself slamming his foot on the gas pedal, which results in Luhan clinging to the headrest as they fly down the road.

 

"I think the store's down there," Luhan says after a minute and points, before he reminds Jongin to stop at an upcoming red light (which Jongin does, after mixing up the gas and brake again). "It's like that car game I kept beating you at all the time, remember??" he sniggers while his eyes trail across Sehun's license photo, which he holds up in front of Jongin. "I so prefer his blond hair, black makes him look like a goth gang member, dontcha think??" he asks, to which Jongin responds by harshly swatting him upside the head. 

 

Luhan eyes all the people waiting to cross the road, including a little girl who is staring right at them, and he only giggles when he sees Jongin's flat ears and terrified expression. A handful of drivers loudly honk their horns after the light turns green, since Jongin straight up refuses to drive an inch after seeing all the pedestrians gawking at them from the crosswalk (all while Luhan tells him to 'step on it so they can get away from all the weirdos'). However, it's not until a group of irritated teenagers exit their van and walk towards them that Jongin scrambles to hide at the back (which only makes him realize that he forgot to fasten his seatbelt before they drove off). Except he doesn't even get a chance to make it out of his seat, and the next thing Jongin knows, Luhan is crushing his thighs to smithereens after the latter climbs behind the wheel without as much as a warning. Even though they're both sitting in painfully uncomfortable positions, Jongin still attempts to escape to the backseat after he hears the four men approaching the car. 

 

However, given the nonexistent space up front, as well as Luhan weighing him down (and pressing him against the door), Jongin is entirely unable to move without breaking both of his legs right off, so he opts to stay exactly where he is whilst covering his eyes. In fact, Jongin briefly contemplates (somehow) getting out of the car and running back home to Sehun, but he doesn't get a chance to when he hears Luhan saying something about cats being far better drivers than humans. The next thing Jongin knows, he's attempting to wriggle out of his awkward, half sitting position after Luhan slams on the gas pedal and sends the car flying back down the road again. Now, even though Luhan might be doing a much better job at driving in a straight line, he definitely isn't as considerate about driving within the speed limit, which becomes clear when a handful of pedestrians flee for their lives as they approach another crossing.

 

After Luhan proceeds to engage in a real life race with the other cars, Jongin manages to move into a half-assed sitting position before he sighs. Aside from the fact that he didn't know how heavy Luhan was until now, the idea of somebody else driving Sehun's car that isn't Sehun's boyfriend and or husband (in other words, Jongin and only Jongin) makes Jongin's ears twitch in irritation, so he reaches out and grabs the steering wheel while Luhan honks at another driver for 'driving just like his grandmother'. "Gimme that--"

 

Luhan blinks before he shakes his head. "No way, you've been driving for like, ever," he says, turning on the wrong blinker as he makes an all too sharp right turn. His eyes glitter as they quickly approach a blue car up ahead. Luhan briefly says something about being just as talented at real life car chases before he slaps Jongin's hand away, after Jongin reaches for the wheel again. "It's my turn now-"

 

"Who says you even get a turn?!" Jongin retorts as he successfully grabs the wheel and uses it to pull himself into a sitting position, which has the car swerving to the right, before he swats Luhan's wrists in an attempt to get Luhan to let go of the wheel with no success. The sound of something, presumably a trash can, getting knocked over as they speed down the busy street goes completely unnoticed by Jongin as he repeatedly tries, and fails, to shove Luhan aside (mainly because his ribs are at risk of being permanently crushed if Luhan doesn't get off him soon).

 

"This was my idea, so I technically get to drive, not to mention I'm a whole lot older than you," Luhan hisses and emits a triumphant noise when they pass the car in front of them. In the commotion, he barely remembers to stop at a red light, which results in Jongin promptly headbutting his shoulder after he slams on the brakes. Luhan only swats Jongin square in the face after the latter retaliates by swatting him in the head, and neither of them notice that Luhan has taken his foot off the brake until they (barely) avoid colliding with a young girl crossing the road. "Look what you nearly made me domoron-"

 

"That wasn't my fault," Jongin scoffs, not even realizing that they just ran a red light as he continues to yank at the wheel every chance he gets. He manages to avoid smashing his face into the window after the car swerves and causes both of them to nearly fly out of the seat, but Jongin pays it little mind as he hears Luhan contemplating which car he should 'beat' next out loud. 

 

Luhan keeps his foot on the accelerator as he admires his newly dyed hair in the rear view mirror. "It's almost like I was born for this," he hums while fixing his eyebrows. Behind (or rather, underneath) him, Jongin continues to try to reach for the wheel, which only makes Luhan groan in irritation. "You're really annoying sometimes," he mumbles and turns on the radio in an attempt to drown Jongin out. It works, and Luhan grins to himself until he barely avoids colliding with another pedestrian for the nth time. "Y'know, if this was a game, I would've gotten at least a hundred points for th-"

 

"Let me drive now," Jongin huffs and swats Luhan's tail aside when it tickles his face. It's not until he threatens to tell Sehun about Luhan stealing his wallet that the latter recoils with a huff of defeat, and Jongin nearly tramples Luhan to death as he climbs on top of him, grips the wheel, and accidentally slams his hand down on the 'OFF' button to the radio in the commotion. If Jongin is going to be honest, he has no idea where they are, where the store even is anymore, nor how fast they're going. But, given that Luhan subsequently scolds him for flying past a sign, he figures that he might be going a smidge too fast, especially when he accidentally slams on the gas pedal in an attempt to brake and slow down. 

 

After he successfully manages to climb back into the passenger seat (and accidentally kicks Jongin square in the head in the process), Luhan stares at the blurry people and cars through the window before he grips the headrest and closes in on a fly on the roof. However, something outside catches his attention and he whips his head aside. "That was Taemin out there, I think," he squawks before he whacks Jongin's shoulder, causing them to swerve to the left. "We could've said hi if you'd just slow the hell down, idiot," he adds and slumps back in his seat. He grips the door handle when they quite literally fly over a speed bump, which only causes Luhan to berate Jongin and the latter's crappy driving skills. "Jonghun would have been a much, much, much better driver than you, just saying." 

 

"Better than you, at least," Jongin mutters, feeling his stomach growl as he makes a right turn so sharp that Luhan actually flies out of his seat. Growing impatient, Jongin hits the accelerator, hoping they'll find the store before he dies of hunger. His ears perk up when a bee suddenly lands on the windshield and Jongin forgets to slow down as he leans across and swats the glass. Nothing happens, so Jongin opts to fumble with the seemingly thousands of buttons on the door, not even listening to Luhan repeatedly telling him to pay attention to the road. With the car swerving to the point of making them both dizzy, Jongin finally locates the right button and Luhan immediately complains about the wind ruining his hair when Jongin rolls the window down. 

 

With the wind slapping him in the face and causing his bangs to cover 99% of his eyes, Jongin sticks his head out the window, only to recoil back inside the car when a large truck passes and honks its horn two seconds later. It soon becomes clear that the window is much too small for Jongin (and Luhan) to wriggle through, so Luhan suggests that they open one of the doors and climb onto the roof to catch the insect instead. Despite Jongin's protests, Luhan does just that, and Jongin jumps when the passenger side door suddenly flies open after Luhan opens it. The deafening sounds of the engine rumbling and wind filling the entire car has Jongin cowering in his seat, especially when a handful of cars and trucks all honk their horns at them. In the commotion, Luhan scrambles to the back after he says something about 'not wanting to become a cat pancake', and for once, Jongin wholeheartedly wishes that Luhan would drive as he attempts to get the car to stop swerving.

 

"How does Sehun do this every day," Luhan groans to himself while he clings to the back of Jongin's seat for dear life, to which Jongin responds by complaining about the harsh winds hurting his ears. A couple of cars frantically swerve to avoid rear ending them after Jongin slams on the brakes and says something about wanting to turn around and drive back home to Sehun. "See? Y'should've just let me drive," Luhan chuckles while he pats Jongin's head, but he doesn't get a chance to call Jongin a little kitten when his ears suddenly perk up. "What was that??" he asks and blinks.

 

It's Jongin's turn to blink. "What do you--" He cuts himself off when he subsequently picks up on a series of faint noises in the distance, and it's not until it gets louder by the second that he realizes that it's those of police sirens. Now, if Jongin knows anything about getting chased by the cops, especially thanks to all the movies he's seen (without Sehun's permission, of course), it's that it's never a good thing, and he ends up slamming his foot down on the gas pedal upon seeing a handful of blue and red flashing lights appear in the rear view mirror. Luhan immediately bounces up and down in excitement over his all time favorite car chase game coming to life, and Jongin finds himself taking his foot off the brake as soon as Luhan yells at him to drive. Jongin nearly sprains his ankle as he slams his foot down on the accelerator, which sends them flying back down the road and towards the highway.

 

 

---

 

 

Sehun gets out of his chair and stretches. He shoves his phone back in his pocket and turns off his computer, all whilst Jonghun tries climbing up his leg and asks him to play with his 'mouse friends' (which scared the soul out of Sehun the first time he heard it, until he learned that Jonghun was simply referring to his stuffed toys). A bird flies past the window, causing Jonghun to sprint towards it. It suddenly hits Sehun, while he's chasing Jonghun across the room, that neither Jongin nor Luhan have come upstairs and complained about being bored ever since he got on the phone thirty minutes ago. Figuring they must have gotten a little too wrapped up in their card game, Sehun distracts Jonghun with his favorite bouncy ball and he watches as Jonghun picks it up, inspects it and tosses it away from him. It disappears underneath the bed and Jonghun straight up ignores Sehun warning him that he'll get his shirt dirty before he wriggles underneath it.

 

As Jonghun fumbles about on the floor, Sehun takes in the silence of the house, which would normally put him on edge if it wasn't for Jongin and Luhan playing (or most likely napping) downstairs. Checking his watch, Sehun bends down and tells Jonghun to come on out so that they can go downstairs and ask Jongin and Luhan what they would like for dinner tonight, even though he knows that they'll solely remind him to pick up some candy instead. Sehun knows for a fact that both Jongin and Luhan will spoil their appetite if he says yes, but he figures that he might as well stay true to his promise, given that both of them managed to stay nice and quiet for so long. 

 

Jonghun tosses the ball to Sehun, who catches it in one hand, before he emerges from underneath the bed. "Play," he squeals and points to the yellow bouncy ball in Sehun's hand. He jumps up and down and grasps Sehun's fingers with a grin. "Play, play, play, play--"

 

Sehun brushes a few dust bunnies off of Jonghun's ears. "Later, kiddo," he chuckles and watches as Jonghun grabs the ball before he proceeds to jump onto the bed. "We will after we find out what Daddy and uncle Luhan want to eat, alright?" He watches Jonghun sitting with his chubby legs crossed (a trait he definitely inherited from Jongin) and fiddling with his tail in the middle of the bed for a minute. It's not until Jonghun chews on the ball that Sehun promptly yanks it out of his hand, but he doesn't get a chance to tell Jonghun to follow him downstairs before his phone rings. Sehun blinks when he sees Taemin's name on the screen and he hopes Taemin isn't having any troubles with his report as he puts the phone to his ear. "Hel-"

 

"Hey, hello, hi," Taemin hurriedly says, nearly instantly, before he clears his throat. "Uh, okay, so-- This is kinda weird, but like--" He goes silent for a minute and Sehun can practically see the puzzled look on his face. "Is...uh, wait-- Where are you right now??" he asks after a while, only to emit a series of apologies when Sehun doesn't say anything. "I'm not weird, okay??? I just need to-"

 

"I'm at home," Sehun replies and picks up a toy mouse, which he playfully tosses at Jonghun, who effortlessly catches it. "Me and Jonghun are just about to go downstairs and discuss some things with Jongin and Luhan, though," he absently says as he watches Jonghun balance the toy on top of his head. On the other end, Taemin goes strangely silent, which makes Sehun blink. "Why're you-"

 

"Hold on, so--" Taemin is silent for a minute. "They're with you??" He clears his throat and Sehun is about to ask him if he's feeling okay before he speaks again. "Okay, so like-- The thing is, I'm like...out and about at the moment, and I think I might have just seen your car drive by like, right in front of me???" He clears his throat again. "With like, both Jongin and Luhan behind...the...wheel??? Like, at the same time-- I mean, don't take my word for it, I just-- I wanted to make sure since I didn't see you anywhere and they were going like, really fast," he adds in a defensive tone. "It's just-- Everyone's talking about it and people are terrified, man-- Don't be mad, okay?? I can't say for sure, that's just what I-"

 

"Wait--" Sehun flies off the bed, not even noticing that Jonghun is scampering after him before he runs down the stairs three at a time. Surely enough, he's met with the sight of Luhan's red cards scattered all around the floor, and Sehun doesn't even bother rushing into the living room to check if Jongin and Luhan are napping on the couch, because it doesn't take long until he notices that his car keys are missing from their usual spot on top of the shelf. As Jonghun repeatedly asks him to play ball with him, Sehun curses under his breath while he half-assedly puts his coat on, phone still in hand. It's not until Sehun realizes that his wallet is missing, as well, that he curses again, and the next thing he knows, he's scooping Jonghun up in his arms and flying out the door.

 

 

---  

 

 

With the wind still messing up his hair, Luhan perches himself on the seat and stares out the window. The flashing lights are nearly blinding at this point and he has to squeeze his eyes shut when they get closer and closer. "Man, they're onto us, I think," he hums, which only seems to fuel his excitement as he repeatedly tells Jongin to drive faster. "It's just like that game we played last week, remember??? Y'know, the one I kept beating you at 'cause you kept getting distracted by the bright colors everywhere?" He reaches out and pokes Jongin's shoulder, to which Jongin responds by slapping his hand away.     

 

If Jongin knows anything about how the world works, it's that cops only arrest people for committing awful crimes, which he knows for a fact that he isn't guilty of in the slightest. The thought of Sehun reporting them for stealing his wallet suddenly hits Jongin like a freight train, but he doesn't get a chance to toss Luhan out the window to fend for himself when the car suddenly swerves as a result of wind getting caught in the (open) passenger side door, causing it to repeatedly fly open and closed. Keeping his foot on the accelerator, Jongin seriously wonders why anybody would bother taking the car anywhere when they could just use their feet to walk instead, all while the ear piercingly loud sirens behind them grow louder and louder. In fact, Jongin briefly takes his hands off the wheel to cover his ears when he worries they might fall off, only to grip it again when the car glides to the left and nearly collides with a massive truck. 

 

Luhan, equally annoyed by the loud noise, also proceeds to cover his ears as he stares at the gray highway from his spot behind the driver's seat. Except he soon realizes that they could simply close the door to eliminate the noise, and the next thing Jongin knows, he's attempting to stop the car from swerving in all directions as Luhan gracefully climbs back into the passenger seat. Jongin watches the blue and red lights behind them, which never seem to go away, and Luhan is careful not to end up on the road himself as he reaches across and attempts to grab the door handle. Except with the door being blown open all the way and the car moving at an ungodly speed, it's nearly impossible, so Luhan opts to cling to Jongin's sleeve as he makes a second attempt. Jongin ends up steering with one hand (which he knows isn't a crime, since he's seen Sehun do it all the time), trying to keep himself upright as Luhan threatens to pull him out of his seat. However, it's not until somebody drives by and honks their horn - a sound that becomes nearly six times louder with the door open, that Luhan recoils and scrambles into the back seat.

 

"I was so close," Luhan grumbles as he massages his ringing ears. "." He looks up when the loud, rhythmic wailing grows deafeningly loud, and he briefly suggests tossing Sehun's wallet out the window so that they can confiscate it and leave them alone, but he doesn't get a chance to when a strange sputtering sound suddenly fills the air. Luhan blinks, only to pout after he leans forward and sees the red light flashing next to the speedometer. "Does this mean we lose???" Luhan crosses his arms over his chest with a huff. "I've never lost a game in my life." He blinks when he sees a couple of police cars approaching close behind, and Luhan quickly shoves Jongin aside when the latter cowers at the loud noise. "Let me do it now--"

 

Jongin squawks when Luhan, once again, climbs into his lap and nearly crushes him to death. With his foot (unwillingly) pressed against the accelerator, Jongin attempts to sit up, only to flop back down when Luhan overtakes a handful of cars and nearly causes him to slam his head against the door for the nth time. "Who said you get to drive???" Jongin hisses, figuring that there's no way he'll be getting in trouble with the police for Luhan stealing Sehun's wallet, so he grabs Luhan's hair and attempts to shove him away with no success.

 

"It's not my fault I'm a hundred times better than you," Luhan scoffs and makes a sharp turn, nearly crashing into another car as he tells Jongin to 'step on it' (almost as if Jongin has a choice with his foot practically glued to the accelerator). The red light by the speedometer keeps flashing, but Luhan pays it no mind, even if the sputtering gradually gets louder and louder for every second that passes. "At least I have experience--" He squawks when Jongin forcefully grips the wheel and yanks it to the right, which sends the car flying in said direction. Luhan responds by spinning the wheel in the opposite direction, which results in Jongin banging his temple against the glass. "Don't even try to act like you know what you're doing, moron-"

 

"I only lost two times," Jongin retorts, even though he knows for a fact that Luhan has beaten him at every single racing game they've ever played together. However, Luhan doesn't seem to hear him over all the noise, since the white cars behind them are so close that Jongin can make out the faces of the cops sitting in the front seat. Despite that, Jongin continues to try to move into a sitting position, which is nearly impossible with Luhan weighing him down like a bag of bricks. Jongin seriously hopes that Sehun won't be angry with him, since he literally had nothing to do with Luhan being a thief, and the thought of going to prison for the rest of his life because of it is enough to make him grab and tug on Luhan's hair. "I'm supposed to drive, you stupid-"

 

"Dude, get your ugly face out of my face," Luhan hisses and swats Jongin's cheek when Jongin tries to take the wheel back. "Let's just find the frigging store and get this over with, okay???" he huffs, only to blink when the sputtering grows deafeningly loud, and Luhan only groans after the car subsequently comes to a prompt halt in the middle of the highway. He doesn't even notice all the cars panickedly swerving left and right to avoid rear ending them as he groans. "The heck do we do now??? I refuse to--" Luhan blinks and looks up when he sees a less than friendly police officer standing three inches from the open window. "The heck are you looking at--"

 

Jongin immediately scrambles to the back as soon as he hears the strange man dressed in blue talk to Luhan, to which the latter replies with something along the lines of simply wanting to buy some candy at the store. Jongin contemplates calling Sehun and asking the latter to come rescue them, since he sort of really hates the fact that Sehun's car is pretty much swarmed by what feels like a thousand people dressed in identical blue uniforms and strange belts. However, Jongin decides against it, because calling Sehun would mean confessing to (Luhan) stealing his wallet, which in turn would lead to Sehun hating his guts forever - something Jongin can definitely live without.  

 

Luhan only rolls his eyes when said officer tells him to exit the car. "Fine, I took this, okay?" he huffs and holds up Sehun's wallet. "But like, it's technically not even stealing since he's married to that guy back there--" He gestures at Jongin, who is cowering behind his seat. "So it doesn't count, right?" He raises an eyebrow, only to squawk when he's grabbed and dragged out by the arm. "Hey-- I told you, didn't I?? I did-- Lemme go--"

 

Jongin hears Luhan loudly struggling with (or rather, abusing) the people outside as he keeps his head lowered behind the driver's seat. He momentarily contemplates opening the door and running back home (even though he has zero clue where they are, or if they're even still in the state), but decides against it when he hears the loud commotion outside. Instead, Jongin opts to stay exactly where he is, hoping nobody will notice him as he nervously chews on his bottom lip and coils his tail around his ankle. He hears the muffled sounds of Luhan yelling in protest outside and Jongin wonders if anybody will notice him if he crawls over the seats and hides in the trunk. However, fate doesn't seem to be on his side, and the next thing Jongin knows, he's hissing at the top of his lungs and clinging to the seats for dear life as he's forcefully dragged out by the back of the shirt. Jongin soon finds himself lying on his stomach with his face three inches from the dirty road, after a woman in an identical blue uniform shoves him to the ground (because telling her that he simply wants to go home to his husband and son seemed too big of a hassle, much to his irritation). 

 

Jongin sort of wants to cry, because when he told Sehun that he wanted to star in a movie one day, he meant a Disney movie instead of a crime series, which he figures is slowly becoming a reality after he hears the sound of handcuffs being clicked into place behind him. Jongin sort of wonders if it's worth running all the way back home, with his hands locked behind his back, and risking Sehun yelling in his face before he's pulled to his feet and shoved against one of the many, many white and blue cars. Jongin keeps his tail tucked between his legs as soon as he sees a handful of people exiting their cars and gawking right at them (all of whom Luhan sticks his tongue out at). Jongin briefly contemplates asking why he's being thrown in prison for wanting to buy a chocolate egg (and for something he had no part in whatsoever), but he doesn't get a chance to before he's harshly shoved into the back seat along with Luhan.

 

Luhan curses after he bangs his head on the roof of the car, and it's not until two female cops proceed to take their seats up front that he makes sure to scowl at them (which Jongin doesn't have the courage to do upon noticing the belts, chocked full of scary objects, around their waists). "What's wrong with wanting candy, anyway?? My mom says I'm allowed to have that stuff, y'know," Luhan grumbles, ears flattened in agitation as he attempts to free himself from his own handcuffs with no success. "I already showed you the frigging thing, didn't I??? The heck do you morons think you're doing???" He growls low in his throat. "Y'know, my other best friend Chanyeol is a lawyer, so you better not-"

 

"Don't tell my husband, okay???" Jongin blurts out before he can stop himself. Even though he gets no response (aside from Luhan, who only nods in agreement), he continues anyway. "Someone tried to steal his wallet last week and he'll be super mad if he finds out it happened again," he quietly says and winces when he feels the sharp metal pressing against his wrists. Jongin leans back against the lumpy seats when the car falls into silence, and he tries not to think about what Sehun might do to him if he were to find out. Jongin finds himself scooching closer to Luhan after the thought of Sehun filing for divorce strikes him, even though Luhan repeatedly assures him that the chances of that happening are 'as low as Chanyeol finding himself a wife'.

 

Luhan impatiently taps his foot against the floor as he looks out the window. He suddenly beams and leans forward. "Turn on the siren, okay??? Okay??? If you're gonna make our lives difficult for no reason at least make it fun--" His tail sways in anticipation when the two women exchange exasperated looks and subsequently press a large button. Both Luhan and Jongin's ears twitch in all directions when the familiar, rhythmic series of high pitched wails fills the air and, even though he found the noise terrifying mere minutes ago, Jongin can't help but find it oddly exciting this time around (probably because all the doors and windows are closed, which eliminates the possibility of his eardrums imploding).

 

 

---

 

 

Jongin sits curled up in the corner of the small, gray room with his head in his hands. He hears Luhan shuffling about and hissing at the guards and people walking around outside through the small opening in the door. Jongin honestly has no idea why he had to have been thrown into the tiny room along with Luhan, even though he repeatedly told everybody that he was entirely against the idea of Luhan nicking Sehun's money to begin with. Despite that, he ended up being the first to get shoved into the cellar-like room, while Luhan attempted to bribe the officers to release them (with Sehun's money, which made Jongin want to smack him), with no success. All Jongin hopes is that the two women who drove him and Luhan to the station took his plea of not saying a peep to Sehun into consideration, because the last thing Jongin needs right now is for Sehun to beat him to a pulp for something Luhan did (and was 100% not on board with, for that matter).

 

Luhan stands on his tiptoes and hisses at the female officer guarding the door, who doesn't spare him a single glance. "Hey, you," he hisses, voice echoing as he attempts to snake his arm through the tiny window to tap her on the shoulder. It doesn't work, and Luhan opts to speaking extra loud so she will hear him. "I'll have y'all know that my friend Chanyeol's a lawyer, he'll beat you guys right up if you don't let me and my best friend outta here." He gets no response, which only makes him huff in annoyance as he turns his head to look at Jongin, who brings his legs close to his chest. "I already told y'all what I did-- This is no place for a cat to be in, y'know-- I'll have you know that I wanted to be a police officer when I was little and y'all have officially ruined it for me-- I know you can hear me, morons-- What are you, deaf?!? I demand y'all let us out of here right this instant--"

 

Picking up a piece of lint, Jongin sighs internally and flicks it away from him, all whilst Luhan continues to verbally berate the woman with all his might. Even though it's only been ten minutes since they arrived at the station, Jongin would be lying if he said he wasn't dying of both boredom and despair. If Jongin is going to be honest, he really doesn't understand why he deserves to be thrown in jail for the rest of his life for wanting to buy some candy. He also has no idea how long they're planning on keeping him and Luhan locked up, or if he'll ever get to see Sehun and Jonghun again, both of which make Jongin's ears droop as he absently fiddles with his shoelace. If Jongin knows anything about what happens to people who end up in prison, it's that their friends and family usually end up abandoning them forever, and the thought of Sehun disowning him upon finding out that he's married to a criminal makes Jongin's skin crawl.

 

Luhan seemingly reads Jongin's mind, because he immediately turns back around and hisses in the woman's ear again, louder this time. "Listen up, lady--" He reaches out and tries, and fails, to grab her blonde hair. "My best friend's got both a husband and a little kid who both love him like crazy and plan on seeing him again, it's cruel to keep children from their parents, y'know!! His name's Jonghun and he won't become a master hunter and tree climber without us!!!" he hollers. "And I've got a brother who's six feet tall and a black belt in martial arts, so y'all better let us go before we gouge your ugly eyes out," he growls and doesn't miss the way her eyes flash at the word 'kid'. He scoffs in response. "So you're saying cats can't have children, or-"

 

"I wanna go home to my husband," Jongin murmurs, figuring that he can live with Sehun and Jonghun hating him for life if it means getting to talk to them one last time before he's officially listed as a criminal. He gets up off the floor and walks towards Luhan, who is busy saying something about how his mother won't be happy to find out that her son has been thrown in jail for no reason. "My son's learning his ABCs and I'm helping him, so he needs me," he says and attempts to poke the back of her neck, to which she responds by rolling her eyes and stepping aside. As much as Jongin wants to reach out, grab her ponytail and yank it right off her head, he manages to restrain himself, and thus stay true to his promise of never hissing at people he doesn't like (even though he's about to explode from despair at this point).

 

"You can't keep us in here forever, we'll claw our way through this door," Luhan exclaims before a noise emits from her radio, and he blinks when she simply walks away and disappears out of sight. Luhan doesn't even bother wasting his voice to call after her, and he opts to curse something along the lines of 'Stupid blonde weirdo' under his breath instead. "Note to self, never ask for candy ever again," he sarcastically mumbles before he plops down on the floor and plays with his tail. He remarks that the floors probably haven't been cleaned in a million years before he looks up and sees Jongin cowering in the furthest corner of the room. "Hey, Chanyeol will get us out of here, I promise-"

 

"I wanna go home," Jongin mutters and bites his lip when he hears people shuffling about outside the door. His wrists and hands are still sore from the handcuffs and gripping the wheel so hard, but he doesn't comment on it as he looks around the depressingly gray room. He wishes that he still had his cell phone, which they took before locking him inside, so that he could at least call Sehun and hear the latter's voice one last time, because Jongin doesn't think he's ready to be verbally berated and broken up with face to face quite yet. The thought of Jonghun never wanting to see him again makes Jongin's heart tremble and before he knows it, he's scowling in Luhan's direction. "None of this would've happened if you hadn't stolen it, you know."

 

Luhan blinks before he raises an eyebrow. "How's this my fault all of a sudden??" he squawks, green orbs darkening as Jongin continues to send him a murderous glare. "Maybe you should've just let me drive," he says and rolls his eyes. "I would've gotten us away from the stupid cops and to safety in no time and you know it darn good and well, my friend."

 

Jongin scoffs. He honestly has no clue how Luhan engaging in a game of real life Mario Kart improved the situation by any means, but he doesn't bother commenting on it. Instead, he simply lies down, facing away from Luhan, figuring that if they're going to be spending the remainder of their days in here, he might as well get comfortable (even though he wishes they would have supplied them with some furniture instead of leaving the room entirely empty). The floor beneath him is stone cold and Jongin already misses his and Sehun's bed, but he tries shoving the thought away as he wraps his arms around his torso. It soon becomes obvious that he might as well kiss any attempts at falling asleep goodbye when he fails to get his head to stop spinning, so Jongin sits up and toys with his tail. "I don't wanna die in here," he pouts, mostly to himself.

 

"Y'think do?" Luhan retorts as he flails his arms in all directions. "Mom was supposed to take me to the zoo tomorrow, I can't die yet," he adds, nervously chewing on his bottom lip. He goes on to ramble about how much he already misses his mother's apple pie, whilst sounding genuinely heartbroken, before he loudly hisses at one of the guards walking by outside. They only tell Luhan to 'pipe down already', which results in him doing the exact opposite. "At least open this dumb door-- I already told you I stole the stupid thing-- Y'all better tell us why're we here real frickin' soon--"

 

Staring up at the ceiling, Jongin wonders what Sehun and Jonghun are doing right now. Jongin figures that they're probably eating dinner together, or visiting Baekhyun's new puppy at the clinic, or spending the evening at the park with Chanyeol. Either way, Jongin finds himself curling up and thumping his tail against the floor in irritation, wishing the floor would swallow him up so that he can get out of here and run back home to Sehun and Jonghun. Jongin has no clue where they are, or if they're still in Manhattan, but he hopes that they're at least within walking distance of Sehun's house in case they were to figure a way out (or if Chanyeol were to miraculously come to their rescue).

 

After a while, they both grow bored of listening to the inconsistent shuffling outside (as well as blindly insulting each other's driving skills back and forth), and Luhan eventually looks up from his spot across the room. "Did it hurt?" he asks, making Jongin blink. "Y'know, when--" He gestures at his own stomach. "When you...y'know...brought Jonghun into the world?" Luhan his head aside when Jongin blinks again. "I've always wanted to know, Mom told me how painful it was to give birth to my brother, don't gimme that look, sheesh-"

 

"Not really," Jongin mumbles, playing with his fingers. In truth, he hardly remembers anything of it, apart from being wrestled down onto an uncomfortable bed and waking up in a slightly more comfortable one, but he doesn't have the energy to tell Luhan about it. Jongin sort of wishes that Luhan wouldn't talk about Jonghun right now, because thinking about Jonghun reminds Jongin of Sehun, and Sehun only reminds Jongin of the fact that both of them probably hate his guts now. Jongin tunes Luhan out when the latter proceeds to talk about how cool it would be to have his very own child, all while he hopes that somebody will at least have the audacity to give them something to eat, since he's absolutely starving.

 

Luhan drums his fingers against the stone floor in boredom, tail swishing from side to side as his ears twitch for any noise on the other side of the door. "It's just like the movies," he hums, gesturing at the gray walls, before he rolls onto his stomach. "Y'know, it's a good thing we're in here right now, cause you don't wanna be put in one of those huge prison cells with other inmates, just saying." He sends Jongin a look, to which the latter responds by twitching his ears in wonder. "Y'know what happens to criminals in jail, don't you?"

 

Jongin blinks and shakes his head, but he doesn't get a chance to tell Luhan that he probably doesn't want to find out before the latter opens his mouth to speak.

 

"They get beat the hell up, that's what," Luhan sharply says and slams his fist against his palm, making Jongin flinch. "It's true, I've seen it on TV," he says after a moment's worth of silence. He plays with the tip of his tail until he notices Jongin nervously staring off into space a few feet away. "But like, why would they beat us up, y'know?? At least we haven't killed anybody, right?? I think we're safe." He sends Jongin a grin, which does little to cheer the latter up. Luhan goes on to remark that he wouldn't hesitate to gouge someone's eyes out if they tried laying a finger on him, before he lies back down. "I mean, at least now you know, right??"

 

Running a hand through his hair, Jongin chews on his bottom lip as he tries not to think about what might happen if they get moved to a room full of other people. Honestly, Jongin is more worried about being locked up inside a tiny room with a thousand other people than possibly being murdered by said people, and he briefly wonders if he'll be granted the right to abandon Sehun's rule of never scratching or hissing at strangers if that ends up being the case. Luhan seemingly notices Jongin's worried expression, because he wordlessly scooches over and pats Jongin's shoulder, but it does little (or rather, nothing) to put Jongin at ease. It's not until Luhan reminds Jongin about Sehun's promise - to never let anything hurt them no matter what, that Jongin relaxes ever so slightly, but he still continues to tremble like a leaf as he watches a handful of people walk back and forth outside the door. 

 

They end up sitting in silence for what feels like forever (Luhan figures that five whole minutes can easily feel like four hundred years if you're trapped in a tiny, gray room with literally nothing except your best friend) until Luhan mumbles something about craving a 'nice and juicy squirrel' for dinner, and how he'll definitely die of hunger if the 'blue weirdos' don't let them out soon. As much as Jongin agrees, he can't bare the thought of going back home to Sehun, only to be kicked out after five seconds upon being wrongfully accused of being a thief. Despite that, Jongin would be lying if he said he wanted to stay locked up in the tiny room for any longer, and he's about to stand up when he briefly catches a whiff of Sehun's cologne, which makes him shoot his head up with twitching ears. However, it disappears as quickly as it came, which has Jongin wondering if the stone walls might be screwing with his head as Luhan bangs on the door. 

 

Jongin's knees nearly give in after he gets to his feet and jogs towards the door, but he can't see anything except for the narrow hallway and a couple of people walking back and forth. Jongin is halfway through contemplating digging his way out through the floor with his hands when the door suddenly opens, and Jongin and Luhan's lightning fast reflexes save them from getting their noses smashed into their skulls as they jump aside.

 

A blast of cool air hits Jongin square in the face as soon as the door swings open all the way, and he's torn between slashing the blonde woman's eyes out and hugging her for finally letting them out after he steps into the hallway. Luhan attempts to swipe her gold badge for 'daring to lock them up like animals' (to which she not so politely responds by reminding him that that's precisely what they are) whilst Jongin keeps his gaze fixated on the floors to avoid making eye contact with the hundreds of police officers roaming the area. It's not until the thought of them possibly taking him and Luhan away to join all the other (allegedly violent) criminals hits him that Jongin flies into one of the nearby offices and hides underneath the desk. He ends up crawling back out when he hears his name being called, and Jongin trips on his tail five times as he scrambles to his feet and rushes out of the room.

 

Jongin nearly tackles Sehun to the floor after he embraces him in a bone crushing hug and he straight up refuses to loosen his grip on Sehun's sleeves while the blonde woman discusses something with Sehun and Luhan's mother (whose presence Jongin didn't even notice until now) that Jongin can't be bothered to pay attention to as he kneads Sehun's chest in contentment. Luhan goes on to inform his mother about how he officially hates cops, how stupid he was for wanting to become one when he was younger, that they tried to starve them to death inside the tiny room, and how they were planning on trapping them with a bunch of violent criminals, all while the blonde woman watches with a blank look on her face). As he clings to Sehun like a baby koala, Jongin doesn't see Jonghun anywhere, but he figures that it's a good thing, since he really doesn't want them locking Jonghun up, as well.

 

"Say whatever the hell you want," Luhan huffs and crosses his arms over his chest, all whilst he sends the blonde woman (and her colleagues) a sharp look. "I'm not staying here a minute longer, even if I have to." He proceeds to inform them that he won't hesitate to slash anybody who tries putting him back in the room in the face, whether they want him to or not, to which his Jongin responds with a nod of agreement. Luhan's tail trembles above his head, signalling that he's dangerously close to pouncing and attacking, and Jongin figures that Luhan no doubt would have gouged the blonde woman's eyes out if it wasn't for the fly crawling up the wall a few feet away.      

 

As Luhan runs off to catch the insect, Sehun makes sure to keep a tight grip around Jongin's waist (not that Jongin was planning on stepping away from Sehun, anyway), all whilst Jongin repeatedly pokes Sehun's cheek in an attempt to get his attention. However, Sehun seems to be more focused on the woman in front of them, which has Jongin pouting with envy, and he makes sure to send her a deep scowl before his eyes roam around the narrow hallway. Luhan's mother says something in a pleading tone, which is closely followed by Sehun interjecting with something Jongin doesn't hear over the sound of Luhan slamming his hand against the wall in an attempt to crush the insect. Jongin figures that the whole building knows his name by now, given the unfriendly glare that a group of officers send him while passing by, which results in Jongin shyly burying his face in the crook of Sehun's neck (since there's no way he's breaking his promise right in front of Sehun). 

 

Jongin hums to himself as he hears Sehun talking to the woman for what feels like forever, and it's not until somebody walks past with a tray full of colorful snacks, obviously not meant for him, that Jongin hears his stomach growl (being wrongfully accused and thrown in jail must have spiked his appetite somehow). Luhan immediately skips over after he picks up on the sweet scent, seconds after both Sehun and Luhan's mother sigh in relief over something the blonde woman says. Jongin knows that Luhan is thinking the same exact thing as him and he subsequently attempts to wriggle out of Sehun's iron grip. Jongin figures that he probably should have done a better job at hiding the drool dribbling down the corners of his mouth, because Sehun only tightens his hold before he tells Jongin that it's time to leave. 

 

Jongin doesn't get a chance to respond, though, before a tall male clad in a blue police uniform turns the corner and sends them a look. It's not until Jongin notices the unusually large German Shepherd following close behind, without a leash, that he practically tears Sehun's coat to shreds while he scrambles to break free. Luhan, despite solely despising other cats, also ends up jumping ten feet in the air, and Sehun can only watch as Luhan's tail puffs up twice its size before he frantically attempts to scurry up the nearest wall (like a rock climber, Sehun thinks). It doesn't work, and it's not until the large (at least according to Jongin) dog turns its head and spots them, after picking up on their scents, that Jongin and Luhan nearly trample each other to death as they sprint down one of the many hallways.

 

Luhan emits a garbled string of 'Go away's over his shoulder as they bolt down the hallway with the canine hot their heels, until it chases them into the restroom. Luhan figures that his mother, and Sehun, must have lost them in the commotion, and he doesn't get a chance to slam the door shut before he scrambles onto the sinks (since he wasn't born with Jongin's godly jumping skills and is thus unable to take cover on top of one of the cubicles). Luhan curses under his breath when the large dog storms inside the bathroom, and he quickly cowers upon seeing its sharp teeth and wild eyes. Strangely enough, it spots Jongin first, and Luhan curses his entire existence when it proceeds to try to climb up the cubicle on top of which Jongin is perched (on the edge, which even Luhan finds impressive).

 

"Just imagine you're sitting in a tree, okay???" Luhan whispers so that only Jongin can hear, and he nearly jumps through the ceiling in surprise when the dog suddenly barks. The loud booming noise echoes and nearly causes Jongin to fall right off the edge. Luhan hopes it won't end up shattering the mirror as he tries to get his ears to stop ringing. "Like, that big tree in the middle of the park," he says, seriously wondering why Jongin is more terrified than he is, given that the latter is well out of reach by at least three feet, unlike him. "God, I hate this, I hate cops and their equally dumb dogs--" Luhan clamps his mouth shut when he worries he's speaking too loud. "Man, this is even worse than being in jail--" 

 

Jongin takes back everything he's ever said about Baekhyun's puppy (and thus all dogs) being cute and adorable when he nearly gets the tip of his tail chomped off (which would make him and Luhan twins, in that case). Jongin makes a mental note to scratch Luhan's eyes out for stealing Sehun's wallet and getting them into this mess as he watches Luhan mumble incoherencies from his spot in the furthest corner on the sinks. All Jongin can think about is how he was chased off Sehun's front step years ago by one of the neighbor's dogs, a thought that nearly makes him want to scream as he tightens his grip. The smell of wet dog is overwhelming and Jongin figures that he would much rather be tossed into a room full of murderous criminals than endure another second of trying not to die at the jaws of a fierce predator. 

 

Jongin nearly cries with relief when he hears Sehun's voice on the other side of the door, and he wonders if it's worth risking his life by making a run for it. Jongin finds himself jumping down to the floor (mainly because he's worried about accidentally losing his grip and thus falling four feet and smashing his head open against the toilet bowl below) as soon as Luhan blindly scrambles down from the sinks and bolts towards the door. It doesn't take Jongin long to realize that they're being followed, so he decides against running back into Sehun's arms (and thus risking both their lives). After they zoom down the hallway, Sehun quickly turns on his heel and chases after Jongin when the latter proceeds to hightail it towards the main entrance.