Chapter 2 - More Real Than Ever

You Are Too Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa was pacing back and forth in Jennie's living room, biting her fingernails while sometimes peeking out of the window, even though it was quite useless since they were on the 15th floor and it was really dark outside. It was about 12:30am now, which meant that about an hour had passed since she and Jennie escaped from the paparazzi who happened to be much more aggressive than they thought they would. The fact that they didn't have any phones to contact people or see what was going on in the media, made Lalisa terribly anxious and she couldn't stop thinking about her girlfriend, to who she had promised to return in 30 minutes, which had obviously passed already. 

"You're lying to me, right?" Lisa turned to Jennie, who had quietly sat on her couch the whole time. "I know you must have a phone somewhere, but you just don't want to share it, right?" she was obviously upset and nervous and Jennie was surprised to hear the usally wouldn't-hurt-a-fly kind of girl talk to her in a more angry tone. 

Raising her eyebrows at the younger, Jennie scoffed. "Do you really think that I would waste my precious time by babysitting you in my apartment if I could simply give you my phone to call somebody to come and pick you up? I don't think so." She said in a cold tone. 

"I didn't tell you to bring me here! I told you that I wanted to go back home right away, but you were the one who kept driving and brought me here." Lisa kept arguing, frustrated by the fact that Jennie acted as if she was a nuisance to her by her own will. 

Jennie rolled her eyes. "The parking lot was filled with these ing cannibals. If I had let you out of that car, they would have eaten you alive and if my new girlfriend died at the very beginning of our dating scandal, that wouldn't be exactly useful for me." she said and managed a little smirk which disappeared a second later. Jennie was quite proud of her words that had obviously shocked her fake girlfriend a little bit. She sighed, settled more into the couch and folded her arms on her chest, looking up at Lisa. 

"Wow. At the end of the day, it really is all about you." Lisa said, not wanting to give out that she was hurt by Jennie's attitude. "You do and say whatever comes to your mind without thinking about other people and their feelings. You're really selfish. Earlier, in the car you-" for some reason, Lisa couldn't finish her sentence. 

"In the car, what?"

Jennie obviously knew what the idol wanted to talk about. The kiss they had shared had been lingering in her mind the whole time and she had hoped that Lisa wouldn't bring that up. Even though she was the one who kissed her, the thought of it made her really uncomfortable and even embarrassed, she wasn't as confident as she seemed to be. Lalisa had been thinking about it, too. At first, it had been too unexpected to even react to it, but as time went on, she started to get more and more upset about it. The thing that worried her the most, though, was that it was all caught on camera and she knew that Chaeyoung would sooner or later see these pictures. She probably had seen them already. 

"You kissed me." Lisa blurted it out after hesitating for a few seconds. "It was inappropriate and totally uncalled for. In front of all these cameras, you did it without my consent, not considering the feelings of me or the people close to me. That's what proved to me that all these news articles about you being a selfish, rude, arrogant and mannerless woman who by the way, only cares about fame and money, are not just pointless rumors. Now that I've had the honor of meeting you personally, I can totally confirm everything. Dating scandals with old, rich men? Aren't you a definition of a gold-digger?" Everything that came out of Lisa's mouth was completely shocking even to herself a moment later. She had never exploded at someone like that, she had never dared to say such things out loud to someone, she just wasn't that kind of a person to hurt somebody's feelings. It was the chaotic and stressful situations of the day that had probably set her off and she couldn't help but feel terrible after she said these things to Jennie. 

Jennie had listened to Lisa in silence. As always, she showed absolutely no emotion and looked as if she was immune to all these harsh words. Once Lisa was finished, Jennie stood up and unexpectedly made her way to the corridor. "Let's go." she said in a low voice and opened the door, stepping out of her apartment. Lisa was still shocked about what had just happened, but she immediately followed the actress in hopes of getting home as soon as possible. 

 

Once they made it down and out of the building, they made their way towards the parking lot. Lisa had silently eyed the actress the whole time, but was only able to say something once they made it back into Jennie's car. 

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said before. I was stressed and nervous and-" 

"Cut it out." Jennie didn't let her finish as she started her car. 

"I just want you to know that I didn't mean any of th-"

"I said shut the hell up!" Jennie shouted unexpectedly. Lisa was immediately silent again, shocked by the way Jennie had exploded at her. "I'm tired, just stay quiet." she added a few second later in a calmer tone. 

As Jennie had wished, Lisa didn't say anything anymore and it was dead silent in the car for 10 whole minutes, until they reached Lisa's apartment building. It was past 1am already and the surroundings seemed to be pretty calm and quiet. After making sure that there were no paparazzi around who would potentially attack her again, Lisa sighed before opening the cardoor and stepping out. 

She was debating whether or not to say anything to Jennie before going, but since the latter didn't even look at her once she had exited the car, Lisa just shut the door before rushing inside where she took a final peek at Jennie's leaving car. 

Not caring about how confusing and weird the last few hours had been, Lisa immediately took an elevator up and once she reached the 13th floor, opened the door of her apartment, hoping to have her girlfriend greet her with a loving hug again. But this time, it was different; the apartment was dark and quiet, Chaeyoung was nowhere to be seen. Lalisa immediately checked the bedroom but after finding it empty aswell, she realized that Chaeyoung had left; even her phone, purse and other essentials were gone. 

All sorts of thoughts started to go through the idol's head, she was nervous about what was going on in the media and anxious about the fact that her girlfriend had left their apartment: when, where and why had she gone? 

Lisa grabbed her phone, thinking about everything that could have been different if she had brought it along with her. As expected, it was blowing up. She had numerous missed calls from her manager, publicist Sandara and even the CEO, which was already a solid sign of a huge chaos. Before contacting any of these people, Lisa had to check what was going on in the media and of course it was no surprise to her: it indeed was a chaos, a disaster, to be exact. She was immediately struck with the pictures of her and Jennie in the car together, kissing and someone had even taken some photos of them entering Jennie's apartment building together. Realizing, that Chaeyoung had probably seen all of that while worrying abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter