FINAL

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wouldn't be renewing my contract with VIXX. This schedule will be my last. I'm sorry." Hakyeon said as he bowed down, tears streaming down his eyes. I will tell them when the time comes. " 

He couldn't bear to tell s yet - his friends, the people who he had helped him to grow throughout the years. The people he had made memories with.

A FEW DAYS AGO

"What's wrong with you Hakyeon! How many times have you made the same mistakes over and over again?" Taekwoon yelled in frustration as he stopped the music playing in the background.

"I'm sorry..." Hakyeon muttered as he looked down at his feet, too ashamed to look at s. 

"It's okay, Hayeon hyung. Maybe we should take a break for now and continue tomorrow. It's late." Jaehwan said as he tried to get Taekwoon to calm down.

"How long can we keep this up? Our comeback date is nearing and Hakyeon is still struggling to remember the steps! You're not the only one exhausted Hakyeon! Everyone else is!" Taekwoon exclaimed furiously.

Jaehwan turned and looked at the rest of the members, sweat trickling down their forehead. He hoped that the rest will help to stand up for Hakyeon but no one did. 

Hakyeon looked around and even he could see the tired faces of the members. He felt even worse and his throbbing headache is helping much either.

Just than, Hongbin stood up and left the practice room without a word. Wonsik immediately ran after him. Awkward silence engulfed the room. 

Than the members all stood up, packed their belongings and left Hakyeon and Jaehwan alone in the room.

"H-hyung.. are you okay? Let's leave too." Jaehwan asked worriedly as he approached Hakyeon.

"It's okay, you should go first! I'll stay behind to practice a bit more." Hakyeon said as he looked at Jaehwan, smiling.

"Okay, than. And hyung, don't worry about what Taekwoon hyung said. He's just tired." Jaehwan said and he left the room. 

Once everyone left, Hakyeon went to his bag and poured a few pills on his palm, hoping to ease his headache. He didn't want to rest so he stood up and  played the music, going over the dance routine again and again. He was frustrated at himself as he couldn't execute certain moves freely or he couldn't remember certain parts of the dance. His head felt like exploding and the bright lights in the studio didn't help. Eventually, his legs gave out under him as he collapsed on to the floor.

He laid still on the floor and thats when he allowed his tears flowed down his cheeks. He was too overwhelmed by the sadness he was feeling to even cry out or wail, so he just stood there as still as a statue, allowing his pent up emotions to flow down. Exhaustion overwhelmed him as he slowly fell asleep.

Hakyeon woke up at the sound of his phone ringing. Groggily, he stood up and answered his call.

"Oh god, Hakyeon, where are you?! I've been calling you for a while and I thought something happened to you! Where are you now?" Hakyeon's manager asked worriedly.

"I'm sorry hyung. I fell asleep. I'm at the dance studio. What's wrong?" Hakyeon asked tiredly, rubbing his temple as he tried to ease the wave of nausea that's overcoming him. 

'WHAT? You stayed there the whole night?!" 

"Yeah hyung. Is there something urgent?" Hakyeon asked. 

"Your medical report is out. The hospital just called - " But Hakyeon didn't manage to hear a reply as he dashed off to the restroom, hands clamped over his mouth. He barely made it to the sink when the violent contraction of his stomach caused him to throw up the contents of his stomach and he started to dry heave since there was nothing left for him to throw up.

Once he felt that he was done, he finally registered how weak he was and the pain in his stomach and head became prevalent as he eventally lost consciousness.

When he woke up, he was blinded by the bright lights.

"Hakyeon-ah! You're finally awake! You scared the daylights out of me! Can you imagine my panic when I saw you so pale and you even fainted -"

"W-water..." Hakyeon mumbled in his rapsy voice, cutting off his manager's rambling.

"Oh wait, here." Hakyeon's manager said as he reached for the cup of water at the side of the bed.

"How did I get here?" Hakyeon asked as he struggled to sit up.

"I found you fainted in the bathroom when I went to the dance studio to pick you up." 

"Oh. I'm feeling much better now hyung. Let's go back to practice or the others are gonna get mad." Hakyeon said weakly.

"Hold on. The doctor is coming. They have your medical report already." His manager said.

Just than, the doctor came in.

"Mr Cha Hakyeon?"

"Yes?"

"We have your medical report. I would like to ask you some questions first before proceeding."

Hakyeon nodded his head. For some reason, he couldn't ignore the feeling in his gut that the results will not be good.

"Have you been experiencing bad headaches and dizziness these days, accompanied by nausa?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah. It's on and off for the past couple of months." 

"Do you have a hard time remembering certain things too?"

"Yes..but what's wrong?" Hakyeon asked worriedly, looking at the doctor.

"According to our report, I'm sorry to inform you..but you have a malignant tumor in your brain. We would like to suggest a few treatments for you-"

"Wait hold on! What do you mean?! This can't be true. There must be something wrong with the results!" Hakyeon asked desparately as tears started flowing down his cheeks and he grabbed on to the doctor's arm. He struggled to stand up and leave but too much was going on for him now.

He looked around at the doctors and his manager but he can't make sense of anything. He could see the doctor trying to calm him down, the doctors and nurses yelling. People approaching, his manager panicking but he couldn't hear anything that anyone was saying. All he could hear was a buzzing sound and feeling people holding down his arms. Eventually he closed his eyes, giving in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter