Found You

Can't Get You Off My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Was the perfect chance ever there? Jessica finds herself questioning, for the umpteenth time, whether they would have ever stood a chance to become anything more than what they were all those years ago. Whatever they were, there was never any clarification, just actions that flowed so naturally. They were as close as can be, living and working together. Their lives were pretty much a perfect mirror reflection of one another's for many years of their youth. It came as no surprise that their level of care for one another was as if they were taking care of the most delicate of flowers.

But, was it a fulfilled life they were living? Now, that was up for argument. Would one even consider a life of chasing schedules, endless hours of practice, business trips, and always putting on a fake facade of happiness and contentment living?  Did they even stand a chance? 

Bringing her hands up to her face in frustration, "Dammit Jessica." She breathes out through her clasped fingers helplessly in the darkness and emptiness of her room, alone in her big bed in her stupidly large empty house. What lonesome grandeur. The phone previously in her hand now lays disregarded on the empty space beside her. Jessica pulls the sheets above her head, hoping that the Egyptian cotton would shield her from realities far too bitter to swallow.

News of SNSD's disbandment didn't take long to reach her, she has been afterall, keeping in contact with the members. Especially her fellow American and best friend, Tiffany. It saddened her deeply but she knew this day was to come, even before she had to leave her beloved group. They were never to be bound by contract for the rest of their lives. Eventually, they would all want to pursue lives of their own, their own individual dreams. For her, she had sadly had to leave earlier than the rest to pursue her own dreams separate from the company that did not exactly allow or valued their artists' unique sense of creativity.

But this news did not only bring about concern for her bandmates, it also brought about old, hidden feelings of concern and care for that one particular woman that has been plaguing her mind since their introduction. They don't talk much anymore, but what can she do? They were both chasing dreams that ultimately meant for them to be separate from one another. Admittedly, it's not too difficult to physically reach out to the other woman, it was only a keyboard's type away, just as she had with the other members. But why couldn't she just do it? It was plain and simple, just ask about how she's doing, what she's been up to and what's going to happen from now on. But, damn. There was still the gnawing thought in her mind that by doing so, she may not be able to stay away any longer than she already has. Not when the present situation is allowing her to come closer, too close for comfort. Also, she deserved better than a DM. 

Jessica removes the blanket from her face, picking up her phone once again, only to be greeted by that same heart captivating smile on her screen. A few seconds more, she bargains with herself. A few seconds more to admire what is the fruit forbidden. Yuri. Each time she logs onto Instagram, she knows that she'll see the one person she's always yearned for, but it was simply impossible to stop herself from checking in, not when she's the one person on her mind throughout the entirety of every day. A few seconds later and the instagram story vanishes from the screen. 

 


Yuri lies awake, restless in bed. She's just gotten off the phone with Tiffany. The overly upbeat girl never failed to allow her to see the light in all that might not be viewed as an ideal situation. For years, she's remained as her confidante, her most trusted member who provides the most practical advice. So, she may be sad for now, but it's true that she will be happier in the future, in Tiffany's words. Tugging the blanket up to her chest, she looks towards the blank wall across from her bed.

There was a time when all she had to do was knock three times on such surface late at night to gain the attention of the one person she could spend all day with, talking about the most random topics and doing the silliest things. They used to share a wall, their rooms just right beside each other's with their respective roommates. Years ago, when this big dream they all had began, she met the one person that she truly connected with. It's been far too long since they've seen or much less spoke to one another, too long. 

Sitting up, Yuri braves the coldness of the floor in her large yet empty home. She stands up and goes to the fridge, opening it to fetch some water but as the door shuts, she's greeted with an image of the girls that made her dreams come true. All of them...and Jessica. Right there, held up only by a single magnet. Their hands were intertwined, she could still remember the feeling of their fingers dancing together, as they often did. They always held hands, not even knowing when or how it started, it was just natural. Deciding it to be enough time for reminiscing, she decides it best to get a quick workout in to tire herself out enough for bed. It was to be another busy day of drama filming tomorrow. 

 

 

Tiffany sits under the sunlight coming from the open patio doors in her California home, she's just gotten off the phone with Yuri. She holds the phone in her hands, pondering on a life altering executive decision she has to make. Before she's able to come up with a definite decision, smooth arms snake around her waist, taking her by surprise. Turning around she sees her favourite woman's goofy smile. "I see you're up now huh?" 

"Your eyes work perfectly then." Taeyeon kisses her girlfriend's cheek and nuzzles her face in the crook of her neck, now joining her on the couch. "You were speaking with Yuri?" She asks as she pulls her girlfriend back to sit back onto the plush leather couch, releasing Tiffany from her tense, hunched position. The other woman nods as a response, still staring blankly out the open patio doors that overlooks the ocean below. Taeyeon hums in acknowledgement before speaking her thoughts, "They should really see each other again. Maybe then they'll knock each other off of their stupid moral high grounds." 

Tiffany chuckles, fully curling into her girlfriend. "I get what you mean, no matter how aggressive it sounds coming from your mouth." She looks up to meet Taeyeon's eyes, "But Tae, their situation became complicated as all hell when Jessica had no other choice but to leave, to leave with all that was between them remaining unspoken. That's tough. See, at least us, we talk to each other. They're both just not the type of people to do that, especially Jessica."

Fiddling with the corner of Tiffany's button up, Taeyeon sighs. "Sometimes, people need to talk though and I'm sure they know that. Nothing as strong as what they feel for each other can be hidden. Hell, they also had to have a sermon from one of the managers, we're basically all in the same boat." Taeyeon chuckles at the memory of being pulled aside in the training room, Jessica with Yuri and her with Tiffany. "So, what do you say...we play cupid for these stupids?"

Tiffany slaps her girlfriend's thigh playfully but nods hesitantly nonetheless. It honestly was time that Yuri and Jessica meet again. 

 

 

Inside a heavily tinted vehicle, Tiffany and Taeyeon sit in anxiety. They're waiting for Jessica outside of LAX, the woman came at their invitation to check out Tiffany's new pad, when in fact, she's here because of their ulterior motive. It isn't long before a well disguised figure they recognize as Jessica is seen speedwalking towards their direction. Hurriedly, Taeyeon exits the passenger seat to open the trunk, saying a quick greeting to the woman who enters the backseat as per her instruction while she attempts to load the large luggage bag into the trunk. So much for light packing. Taeyeon grumbles in her thoughts as her weak arms struggle to properly place the darn item into the trunk. Successfully doing it, she heaves a sigh of relief and returns to her seat in the front, turning around with a smile after removing her sunglasses to give a proper greeting. 

"Hiya, you high maintenance stranger!" 

She feels a swift slap land on her shoulder as a response, "Yah!" 

"Ah! What the- YAH! That hurt!" The poor recipient of the slap looks to her girlfriend in displeasure and for some backup but is met by a hysterically laughing woman in the driver's seat instead. "Fany, she just hit me and you're laughing about it?"

"Okay okay okay! Stop it you two!" Tiffany regains her composure and leans in to hug her girlfriend, managing to whisper in her ear during the short exchange. "She just woke up, don't mess with her. You know how she gets!" Turning her attention to her best friend in the back seat, she makes intense eye contact to convince Jessica to apologize.

"Arraseo, Mian~ It's nice to see you again, Taengoo!" Jessica reaches forward to rub Taeyeon's shoulder, sucessfully appeasing the petite woman long enough until they reach Tiffany's home.

As the gates close and the engine shuts off, then Taeyeon begins grumbling again at the unavoidable task of taking the same luggage out of the trunk. 

Meanwhile, the two other women walk into Tiffany's home, talking about this and that. By the time they reach the couch, the excited best friends have at least finished 8 different topics of conservation, almost well caught up enough to the point of Taeyeon being utterly lost once she's reached the couch herself. "So, I missed a lot huh?" Jessica laughs on the other end of the couch, her legs crossed one on top of the other, looking completely comfortable as her eyes continue to scan the large living area. 

"Pretty much babe. Thanks for getting her luggage." Tiffany returns to Taeyeon's side with a beer in hand and a kiss on the cheek for her. But just as Taeyeon is about to receive the beer in her hand, her girlfriend suddenly retracts. A frown erupts on Taeyeon's forehead paired with the jut of her bottom lip. "Babe, I just remembered. You have to pick something up for me! The traffic flow gets unbearable starting now so I suggest you go on your way sooner than later." Tiffany turns around fully so she could mouth 'Yuri. Airport.' towards Taeyeon without Jessica catching on. The Ice Princess continues surveying the area, not noticing the suspicious exchange between the two. 

Taeyeon frowns but stands up from the couch nonetheless, taking the car keys from the coffee table in the process. "Alright alright, I'll go get it." 

Jessica finally stops her mindless daze, noticing the petite woman standing up. "Oh, where you going? We just got back." 

"Uh I forgot to pick something up on the way, I'm gonna go get it now." 

Tiffany nods her head enthusiastically at the sentence, puzzling Jessica. "Uh alright, I guess Tiff and I will just hang till you get back." 

"What, noooo. You guys have fun, throw a party, do whatever. Okay? Alright, cool. I go." The shortie leaves hurriedly, the door shuts loudly. 

Tiffany now left with the task of keeping Jessica occupied and out of the loop, gets right on her task at the shutting of the front door. "Hey Jess, you should come see our backyard. It's great!" 

"Tiff, I know your backyard is the beach, you literally live on Laguna Beach." Jessica states as a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter