Oneshot 1: Dark Light.

Dark Light.

Oneshot 1: Dark Light.

Daehyun couldn’t sleep well since Bang Yongguk left TS Entertainment, Daehyun couldn’t sleep well in months for all the trouble and drama going on his life and he always ended up calling Youngjae in the middle of the night and that night was no exception.

    Youngjae received a call from Daehyun at 2:00 in the morning and went to Daehyun's apartment about an hour later. He was always late, but he always showed up. He had a key, so he walked in the apartment without knocking and headed straight to Daehyun's room where the singer had his eyes closed, sitting up against the headboard, with a blanket on, wearing earbuds and holding his cellphone while listening to You, Clouds, Rain by Heize.

    Youngjae approached the bed and pushed Daehyun aside. Daehyun opened his eyes, startled, and looked up at the young singer sitting next to him.

    “Every day you take longer to get here” Daehyun said, taking his earbuds off.

    “Himchan took me and Jongup all over the city to buy beef, it was midnight, you know, normal people sleep, but the abnormal Himchan eats” Youngjae said as Daehyun squeezed to make more room for him on the bed and then he covered him with part of his blanket.

    “I finally got back to the apartment at 1:30 in the morning” Youngjae further explained “and I was about to take a shower before going to sleep, and then when I was all , you called” Youngjae kicked Daehyun under the sheet as payback.

    “I thought of getting dressed and coming, but what the hell, I was already , so I took my shower...”

    “That's why you took so long”

    “Don't complain, I'm here, aren’t I?”

    “I'm not complaining” Daehyun lay his head on Youngjae's chest and played randomly with the phone still in his hands.

    Youngjae pulled Daehyun away and put an arm around his shoulder before pulling him towards himself again.

    “Now sleep, later we have a live”

    “The first one without Yongguk hyung” Daehyun said, low, as he slid his hands around Youngjae’s waist and buried his face in Youngjae's chest.

    “I know” Youngjae passed a hand over Daehyun’s back and rubbed it back and forth.

    “I'm scared for the future” haltingly, in whispers, Daehyun said “I don't know what's going to happen and that scares me. The uncertain future frightens me” Daehyun cocked his head up and waited for Youngjae to say something reassuring, but the younger didn’t have the words and instead he held him closer and tighter, like that’s possible.

    “I'm so worried about tomorrow that I can't sleep” Daehyun said “Sometimes it's hard to breathe, I feel myself drowning and I can’t help it”

    “I know” Youngjae said without ceasing to his back.

    “Can you say anything else?”

    “I don’t know what to say”

    “You can lie”

    “Fine” Youngjae said “Everything will be fine”

    “That don't make me feel better” Daehyun tried to move away, but Youngjae held him in his arms firmly.

    “I seriously don't know what to do” Daehyun hissed “The uncertainty is driving me crazy”

    “I know”

    “Stop saying that”

    “I already told you I don't know what to say” Youngjae replied, exasperated and exhausted “I don’t have a crystal ball, I'd be a millionaire if I could read the future, but I can't. And I feel the same way you do, I'm very scared by things that's going to happen and by things that's not going to”

    Daehyun pouted, he wasn’t the kind of man who cried, he was too old for that, but right now he was close to. Youngjae his own lips and breathed heavily as he stared at the elder for a full minute.

    “I'm sure the others are as concerned as we do, everything that's uncertain scares and there’s nothing to do about it” Youngjae said.

    “I’m regretting calling you”

    “Let me finish” Youngjae dropped his forehead on Daehyun’s “The only thing I'm certain of is I love you”

    “I know” Daehyun said and Youngjae chuckled.

    Daehyun forced a smile and cupped Youngjae’s face in his hands and planted a kiss on his lips. Youngjae grabbed him by the neck and kissed him back, first a sweet and innocent kiss and then a passionate one, they didn't let go until they needed air.

    Slowly Daehyun drew away his lips, but keeping them close enough to Youngjae's lips so that they were almost touching.

    “Now, please, sleep” Youngjae said, gently biting Daehyun’s upper lip and grazing it with his teeth.

    “I will if you stay with me” Daehyun said, nibbling Youngjae's neck before getting comfortable in bed.

    “You know I will” Youngjae lay beside Daehyun and watched him close his eyes and then he kissed his forehead and closed his eyes, too.

    “I know” Daehyun said in dreams, everything was uncertain, except the love in their hearts.

    Youngjae loved Daehyun and Daehyun loved Youngjae, more.