#1: First Encounter

Forbidden Love

A/N: 
I know. I know. I have other stories to update, but this one had been bugging me lately. 

Surprise too since I don't write TaeNy... but lately all I've been reading is Taeny :P 
Please enjoy!

 



#1: First Encounter

 

 

Meeting after meeting, the business behind the glamour of entertainment life was such a bore. He had endured almost ten years, if not more of these meetings regarding promotions and schedules. This meeting would have been better if s were there, however, this particular meeting was regarding his upcoming first full solo album. Anticipated, from not only his groupmates and his fans, but from the company.

 

“Your album will have a total of twelve songs, thirteen in the physical release”

 

He nodded absentmindedly.

 

The meeting continued on for almost another two hours as they sampled the songs that were to be provided. He picked out of the dozens of songs that he listened to and gave them their comments. Other than that, he also picked out the concept that he was going to shoot for.

 

“Thank you for your hard work everyone,” the star bowed before putting on his winter attire. He wore a black Canada Goose down jacket, his favorite beanie, and a face mask. Putting his gloves on, he waved goodbye to those who were left at the company.

 

It was already late in the afternoon when he stepped out of the company. Debating on whether he should hail a taxi or just walk. He decided on the latter as he only lived a few blocks away anyways.

 

Digging his hands into his pockets, he began to walk down the streets. He was glad it was winter time, he had layers on layers on himself that would help him keep his identity a secret.

 

Strolling down the streets of Seoul on this chilly and snowy November evening, he took in his surroundings. It had been awhile since he was able to freely enjoy walking by himself. The singer had been so busy with schedules of commercials and modeling that he never got some time to himself.

 

Turning at a corner, his eyes scanned the streets. It was bare, of course, as it was a little too chilly and it was now snowing. However, his eyes landed on a figure down the street walking out of a small grocery store. His brows furrowed at the sight of a woman juggling to hold three large bags of groceries in her hands. As he walked towards her, his eyes never left her. He stifled a chuckle when he witnesses her almost slip a few times. He picked up his pace.

 

Just a few steps behind the brunette, he kept quiet to himself and continued to keep a short distance between himself and the woman in front of him. Just as he was about to turn another corner towards his apartment, the poor brunette unknowingly stepped on a patch of black eyes causing her to lose balance.

 

Embracing for impact, the singer quickly lunged over and grabbed the woman by the waist pulling her up. Finally snapping out of her daze, the woman quickly stood up and bowed furiously before making sure the contents of her grocery bags were still in their rightful place.

 

“Thank you” she softly said bowing one more time.

 

He smiled, however he quickly realized his face was almost fully covered. “Y-You’re welcome” he mentally slapped himself for stuttering.

 

As they were about to part ways, something came over him and he quickly jogged up to the woman, surprising her in the process. “Let me help you”

 

“It’s okay…” she nicely declined.

 

He shook his head and took two of the bags from her arms. “I insist. Don’t worry I’m not going to hurt you. I’m harmless I promise. It’s too slippery outside for you to be walking with three large bags of groceries in your arms” he rambled. He mentally slapped himself again for being stupid.

 

“O-Okay…” she hesitantly said.

 

The two of them walked side by side in silence. The woman beside the singer furrowed her brows wondering why he was helping her. Yet, she didn’t feel scared with his presence. His aura was rather comforting. Hopefully, her judgement isn’t wrong.

 

They walked two more blocks before they reached an apartment building. The singer eyed the building and it was decent. Not as fancy as his own building, but it looked rather familiar. Squinting, he let out a chuckle as he realized he used to live in the building with s.

 

There was awkwardness as they walked to the front door. The woman didn’t know if she should let him carry her groceries inside or if she should get her groceries from the latter. Before she could grab her groceries from him, he softly said “I’ll take them up for you, don’t worry I won’t try anything funny”

 

She let out a sigh and agreed. She wasn’t really sure why she was letting him help her. She just met the guy and they hadn’t even exchanged names yet. However, if he didn’t help her, she would be struggling to get inside her apartment.

 

Walking inside the building, the front desk waved at the woman and to the lad. Taeyeon covered his face with the groceries knowing full well who was behind that desk. He did live in this building for most of his life.

 

The elevator ride was awkward. When they reached the door, the brunette fished out her keys from her purse and opened the door. She motioned for Taeyeon to walk in first. He kicked off his keys before walking further into the apartment and setting the groceries on the kitchen counter. He let out a huff. “There you go” he beamed, smiling behind his face mask.

 

The woman smiled sincerely and bowed. He took note of the eye-smile. “Thank you very much. I don’t know how to repay you!”

 

He waved his hand and shook his head “No need. I just wanted to help you”

 

Before the singer could walk towards the door, she felt compelled to at least do something for him. “Wait!”

 

He stopped in his tracks and slightly turned to face her. He raised an eyebrow.

 

“It’s chilly outside, let me at least make you some coffee or tea?”

 

The singer debated in his head for a moment. Should he? He’s not just some normal civilian who can casually show up at a random person’s house. Especially without gaining unwanted attention. His brain said no, but he felt otherwise. “Tea would be good” he softly said making his way towards the kitchen.

 

For some reason, he felt his heart pounding in his chest. He sat on a stool in front of the kitchen bar top. Hesitantly, he slowly peeled off his beanie and gloves. His eyes looked around and then at the woman in front of him who was busing herself with putting groceries away and boiling some water. Taking a deep breath, he slowly peeled off his face mask.

 

When the woman faced him and looked at him she just smiled. This caught him off guard. There were no shocked expressions, no screaming, and definitely no invasion of his personal space. He furrowed his eyebrows. This was weird… yet surprisingly nice.

 

“Is there something wrong?” the woman asked eyeing him suspiciously.

 

He snapped out of his thoughts. “Oh! No… sorry” he lightly blushed rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“I’m Tiffany by the way” she smiled again, showing off her eye-smile. This made Taeyeon’s heart skip a beat. Weird, he thought.

 

“I-I’m… T-Taeyeon” he stuttered again. He facepalmed in his mind.

 

“Nice to meet you” she beamed once again before turning around to grab a mug from the cupboard and pouring the hot water in it. She opened a drawer and pulled out a few boxes of teas. “Which one would you like?”

 

He scanned his options and pointed to the black liquorish.

 

“That’s my best friend’s favorite” she smiled as she pulled out the small packet before dropping it into the cup and then pushing his cup towards him.

 

“It’s sweet that’s why I like it” he smiled.

 

Silence fell between the two of them. “So… Tiffany-shi, how long have you lived here?”

 

The brunette thought for a moment “Uh… couple of months? I actually just moved here from America”

 

“Ah” he said. No wonder why she didn’t know who he was. He relaxed in his seat before taking a sip of his tea. This was nice; to not be recognized in your own home country. He was getting a slight glimpse of what it would be like if he didn’t go down the path of entertainment.

 

“What about you?”

 

“I was born further down south… then moved to Seoul for… work” he said almost revealing his true career.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking, what do you do for a living?”

 

He thought for a moment. He hesitantly said “I work in the entertainment industry” His words were vague but true. At least it wasn’t a total lie.

 

She nodded her head. “So, like… a manager for a group? Or production?”

 

He chuckled “You could say that. What about you, what do you do?”

 

She smiled “I’m actually a lawyer. Just graduated from law school”

 

He nodded “That’s interesting, what kind of law?”

 

“Corporate law. It’s a lot of reading and such, but I find it interesting”

 

“That’s good. Is that why you moved to Korea?”

 

The woman shrugged. “I… well… it’s complicated. But I needed a new scenery I suppose”

 

The lad could tell he shouldn’t probe so he didn’t.

 

They talked for almost a few hours not realizing the time. The singer was able to tell her stories of his family and his friends without mentioning his real identity. While the brunette talked about her time in law school. Completely engrossed in their conversation, they didn’t hear the door open and close.

 

“Tiff I’m home! Why is there a pair of men’s shoe- “a blonde woman turned the corner and stopped in her tracks when she saw who was sitting at her kitchen counter. Her eyes were wide opened and agape, her best friend gave her a weird look.

 

“Jessi! You’re home! Wait… what time is it?”

 

The singer felt his heart stop when the unknown woman came in. He quickly looked at his wrist watch and realized that he completely lost track of his time.

 

“W-What…” the blonde managed to say.

 

“What’s gotten into you Jessica?” Tiffany questioned as she stood beside her friend waving her hand in front of her hand in front of her best friend’s face.

 

Standing up and gathering his things, Taeyeon cleared his throat. “I… better leave. Thank you for the tea Tiffany-shi” he said as he walked to dazed woman and towards the door.

 

The brunette followed after him with a soft smile. “Thank you for helping me carry my groceries Taeyeon-shi!”

 

“HE WHAT?!” exclaimed the blonde from the kitchen area, still rooted in her spot.

 

Blushing, Taeyeon slipped on his shoes and put on his face mask and beanie. “You’re welcome, see you around?”

 

“See you! Also, don’t mind my friend… I don’t know what’s gotten into her”

 

If only you knew…’ he thought.

 

He waved goodbye before walking out the door towards the apartment. When the brunette shut the door and locked it, she turned around to scold her friend.

 

“What the hell Jessi! What kind of person does that to a guest?!” her face clearly showing annoyance.

 

Finally snapping out of the trance she looked at her best friend in bewilderment. “What?!”

 

“What the hell is wrong?!”

 

“Do you even know who that is?!” the blonde exclaimed exaggeratingly pointing to the front door.

“Uh… Taeyeon?”

 

“Yes! Kim ing Taeyeon!” she exclaimed.

 

“Who…?” it was now Tiffany’s turn to look confused.

 

“Are you… Tiffany… the guy who sang your favorite song? 11:11?!” she exclaimed.

 

Now it was Tiffany’s eyes were wide and agape. “No way!”

 

“How the did you get such a famous person into our apartment?!”

 

“I don’t know!! He helped me carry these groceries up! He offered!” she screeched.

 

“Holy ”

 

“Holy ing ”

 

“Holy ing , we had ing Kim Taeyeon in our apartment”

 


 

A/N:  Did you enjoy? 
Let me know if you'd like me to continue this.