1.0 Midnight Snowdrop>

Will you stay if I say no

Looking at my wrist watch and it’s only half past 12 midnight, I sighed why I even agree to come. Suddenly a shadow came near me, I dodge to the side to let him pass by me but the shadow stopped in front and speak. 

“Care to have a drink with me?”

Said the guy with denim jacket over a plain whites match with a pair of black ripped jeans, a black hat sitting on his head. His smile was so bright even if the place was filled with neon light and music blasting our ear drums; I still could hear his words loud and clear.

After a few glance I answered him, “at this time? Not really a fan of drinking alcohol if that’s what you were thinking… sorry wrong person” I replied with a polite smile while sipping to my juice eye stick back to my phone.

“Is there any place that you would recommend?” He asks with full anticipation in his eyes, still not giving up huh? I thought.

Tilting my head and squinting my eyes to think, “there is this one midnight boba place I like, wanna try it out?” I ask him while putting my hands in my pocket after finishing my juice waiting for his rejection from a boring girl like me who would like to have boba tea at this time. I mean, it’s weird right? Having boba tea at this hour, who even does that.

“A midnight boba place? Woah never heard of it, sure why not?” His pearly whites showing with eye-smiled.

“Great! Leggo.” Me saying while heading straight to the exit without turning back to watch him catching up through the busy crowd.

I walked with hands in my pocket and my sling bag just bounce at the side as I walked. I tend to walk a little faster to maybe let myself lost in his sight, but it didn’t work.

“The party was boring anyway right” He started the conversation right after caught up to me and walking backwards facing me.

I hummed in response. I did not expect I will invite a stranger and heading to my favourite boba place this late. It feels like telling someone a secret and sharing it. It doesn’t feel right but it’s not strong enough for me to reject it either.

“Hey, we haven’t introduce ourselves right.. I’m Ten.” With his hand stick out waiting for me to shake it back. His smile was so genuine that I melt a little. Well, just a little and it looks kinda familiar. Where do I seen that smile before.

I smiled, gentle reject his hand since it’s cold right now, I do not want to expose my hand to this cold air just to shake his hand. “Likewise, Girin.”

“Girin? Wait, isn’t that giraffe in Korean?”

“You have a problem with that?” I looked at him with one of my eyebrow raised while continue walking.

“Nah, just curious.” He replied turning his head back while kicking some rocks along the way.

Midnight Snowdrop

I enter with the sound of the chimes ringing as I opened the door with him followed behind me. The boba place is small cozy shop lot with pastel color decoration all over it. Small metal vintage tables and chairs are neatly placed. Smells of tea and coffee floating around with the mix of some sweetness of the cake.

I came to the cashier and looked at her and the cashier just nod and enter my order. He came near to the cashier to get a closer look at the menu and asked “any suggestion?” with eyes glued to the menu.

“Earl grey with white pearls are our signature.” The cashier replied and gave him a wink.

Ten looked confused but then ignored it and says “alright, I get one of that, less sugar and ice please.” With a smile after his order, the cashier enters his order into the monitor. “What about you?” He asked me with a questioned look.

“I already gave my order.” As I shrugged my shoulder and head to one of the tables to sit.

“But I never heard you tell your order…” while taking his receipt and his change from the cashier who brushes both of their hands on purpose. Ten smiled awkwardly and quickly head to the table I was sitting.

“Don’t need to.” Me flipping my phone.

“Hazelnut milktea with black pearls.” Him reading the order wrote on the receipt. “Let me guess, you’re a chocolate lover aight?” with a cheeky smile dangling on his face.

I raised both of my eyebrows and a shallow smile to reply with eyes still glued to my phone. 

“So…. Girin right?” with his elbow on the table hand cupping both of his cheeks, looking at me for response.

I looked at him without moving one bit with one of my eyebrows raised.

“Woah, really? I’m not talking to your eyebrows.”

He pouts. Did he just pout? I-

 “Here’s your order.” The waiter came with our drinks and a piece of strawberry mousse cake.

“We did not order this.” Him pointing the cake looking at the waiter.

“It’s for you” the waiter said while gave another wink.

Ten shivered and thanked the waiter.

I cut the cake and take a piece to my mouth.

“It’s not in the order, is it free?”

“Yea, as long you came after 12 midnight you’ll get any choice of cake with one receipt per purchase.

“Owh…” He picks up the fork I just put down.

“Ow! What’s that for?” Him caressing his hand that got hit by me.

“I’m not sharing” me looking at him with pure disgust, on myself to be honest. Because, firstly I’m with a stranger. Secondly, I’m having a late nigh tea and thirdly, woah! I’m hella selfish lol.

“What? I paid for it, I have the rights to have at least a bite of it I guess?” He huffed his hair back with a pout on his face.

CUTE! Wait, no!

I cut the cake into half and ask for another fork for him. 

“You can take this” I handed him the plate with the cake I cut into half.

“Mmm, this is good!” He said it with mouthful showing a thumb up to me.

I smiled looking at him being so childish.

“You smiled! Finally.” He was happy to see me smile?

“Achievement unlock, congrats” I mocked him.

“Why is this boba place even open during the midnight anyway?” Him his pearl hardly to get it out from the straw.

“For people like me to hang around, people who enjoy cozy music and atmosphere rather than strong alcohol and loud music blasting.” Me swirling my drink with the straw to get the pearl out.

He nodded as response, “it sure is cozy here, you come by often?”

I don’t know want to admit cause he might be here again and that means I can’t hang around here anymore.

“No, I don’t” I answered. “But you said it’s your favorite boba place”

I looked at him “It doesn’t mean I have to come here often to proof it’s my favorite right?”

He stunned for a moment and nodded as a sign of agreement.

Suddenly his phone ringed and he took his phone out to answer it.

“Yeah, I’m on my way back…No… I came out to get some fresh air… What? No!.. Okay, alright.. Give me 2 minutes.. Okay.. see you..” He put his phone on the table and turned to me and said, “hey I gotta go, thanks for bringing me here. Can I have your number so we could keep in touch?” He smiled with his phone ready to type in my number.

 “Nice having you” I smiled.

He laughed and bid goodbye to me. I waved to him and eyed him out from the shop.

“Why are you playing hard to get? He’s cute though, if you don’t want it give it to me then” Casey the cashier came to me and sits in front of me.

“He’s not mine, you can take it anyway.” I said

“But he doesn’t even look at me, what in the world? He’s the first to even ignore my winks like for real! No one, and I mean NO ONE dare to ignore Casey the beauty’s wink okay, he might be a gay though” Casey complaining while cleaning up the table. 

I laughed with my head hitting back. “You’re funny, did anyone tell you that?” “Yes, and it’s you, thank you.” Casey gave me a fake smile and went to the sink to do the dishes.

I stood up and stretched, “Errghh, okay I have go, class is in the morning later, when’s yours?” I asked looking at Casey.

“Mine is after 2pm, want to grab lunch together?” Casey answered without facing me and continuing doing the dishes.

“Yeah, why not, text me the place then, we meet there right away.” I picked my sling back and wear it around me.

“Okay, bye!” “Bye! See you!” I walked out the boba place, chilly wind blowing on me. I shivered and rub my arms a few to gain some heat. “I should have brought my sweater out with me, aish Selrin paboya” I mumble as I walked down the street. Little did I know, Ten was standing across the street with a smile on his face.