A Not So Lonely Night

A Cookie For Your Thoughts?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yui's P.O.V

 

Sigh...Do I really have to work overtime here when everybody else is having fun with their families and friends? 

I gave a chai latte to the customer and and they gave me a grateful smile before walking out of the store with their partner. I sigh and looked at the two dreamily, envying them. I reminise to the time I got a proposal by someone else; which was never unless you counted receiving a gummy bear in elementary one. I placed the items in the sink and began washing them seeing that no one would be coming anytime soon. Turns out, my instincts were way off as a blonde girl with a red beanie came walking in sluggishly, carrying a pile of books and a laptop in her arms. I wiped the water off on my apron and carefully apporached her with a notepad and a pen in hand.

"Hello, would you like anything?" She glanced up at me and I was awe-struck for a few seconds by her mesmerising eyes. 

"Can I have a caramel frappuccino.." She asked softly, removing her earphones and beanie. "..And a carrot cake please."

"Your name miss?" My ears were ready to listen to the girls name and spell it correctly on the coffee cup, something I have never bothered to do with other customers.

"Momo."

I scribbled down the order and bowed down slightly, shuffling quickly behind the station and began preparing Momo's beverage. I occassionally glanced up to take a glimpse of the girl who had her eyes focused on the electronic device, biting her lips. I coughed awkwardly and it seem to take her attention off the laptop and onto me. I gave a small smile and it seem to make her blush as her cheeks turn pink and she looked away. I celebrated internally and felt a need to know the girl even better so when I wrote her name on the cup, I decorated it with hearts and pictures of raccoons since it reminded me of Momo somehow. 

"Momo." I called out her name, liking the way it rolled smoothly on my tongue. 

I saw her get up from her seat and made her way to the counter. Hoping to create a good impression, I handed her the coffee cup in a way that her hand would purposely touch my own. Her cute eyes widen and her lips tightened, suppressing a smile as she apologised. I waved it off and offered to bring the cake to the table for her.

"Thanks." Her sweet and husky voice made my heart melt. "It tastes great."

"Glad you like it." 

I returned to my station and grabbed a broom, sweeping the floor to pass time. I couldn't help but stare at Momo from behind; not in a creepy stalker way though. I was just wondering what a beautiful girl would be doing here on a Christmas Day. I guess curiousity got the better of me since I grabbed a cookie from the display shelf and sat down next to her. Her troubled face looked at me strangely.

"A cookie for your thoughts?" I said, handing her a red velvet cookie and she giggled, grabbing the treat from my hand and taking a bite from it. "So Momo, what are you doing here on Christmas Day?"

"Well, I have so many assignments left to submit since I always fall asleep during classes.." She pouted and took another bite. "And my friends have gone back to visit their families in Japan."

"Ah, that's too bad." I sympathised. "What about your boyfriend? Does he help you with your work."

I almost patted myself on the back for sneaking in the question subtly without seeming like a weirdo. I was overwhelmed with joy as she just shook her head. 

"No, I don't have a boyfriend." She replied and then hesitantly added, "I don't even know if I'm into guys."

My eyes widen and I stared at her, obviously taken aback by the sudden comment. I think that she thought I was a homophobe since she practically slapped her hands over , as if she just told the biggest secret in the universe. 

"S-S-Sorry, was that too sudden?" Her adorable eyes were boring right into mine. 

I just gave a small chuckle. "No, don't worry. I won't tell anyone."

She exhaled loudly and gave a cheeky smile. "I told you a big secret of mine, but I still don't even know your name?"

"Yui." 

"Ah, Yui-chan." She repeated, confirmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter