ONE

The Star In Our Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once upon a time many years ago lived a girl.

 

An ordinary girl by definition.

 

No wealth to her name, barely a house and food that was enough for her and her two sisters Joohyun and Yerim.

 

She was, by definition, a peasant.

 

But Kang Seulgi was no ordinary girl by reality.

 

People bowed in the street for her beauty and kindness.

 

The rich mockingly called her queen of the poor.

 

Seulgi was a kind hearted soul who cared for many. She loved all. But could not find her love.

 

Seulgi did not want riches nor did she want high social status. 

 

Yes, she wanted her family to be fed and safe. 

 

But she wanted to find her soulmate.

 

She was 24 years old and still loveless... she thought she was running out of time.

 

But her soulmate was somewhere. Actually her soulmate was close by, right above her nose.

 

Up in the sky.

 

The sun looked down on the people roaming the earth. 

 

“Don’t worry dear Seulgi. One day... one day I will be there.” The sun sighed.

 

“I’m trying to sleep!” The moon bellowed from behind. 

 

“You’re just jealous I get to see Seulgi in the day, doing all her jobs and learning all about her...” The sun boasted.

 

“Is that her name?” The moon murmured, “The sleeping beauty? Her name is Seulgi... fitting...” 

 

“Why is that?” The sun inquired.

 

“Her name means wisdom... she looks wise.” The moon whispers into the darkness behind the sun.

 

“You don’t know her like I do. She’s every wise,” boasted the sun once again, “You wish you knew her like I did.” 

 

The moon’s self shook with anger and it’s sister’s words. The sun was harsh. The moon didn’t know Seulgi like she did, but the moon was determined to. 

 

When it was time for the sun to sleep, the moon eagerly waited.

 

This night would be different. 

 

Seulgi decided to stay up this night, climbing onto the roof of her small stone house and laying there looking into the sky.

 

“Oh Seulgi... beautiful Seulgi.” Called the moon, “Will you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter