First Message

That One Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" The first message that came through for him. The first message that was opened and listened for her..."

 

"Boss, you really need to rush for your next pitch, we're running late." 

"Cancel. "

"Wh-what? We've been preparing for this pitch for months already!"

"Cancel it."

Yi xing has always been like this, to him, if things cannot be done cleanly and perfectly, he would rather not complete it at all. Afterall this one pitch would'nt be of much effects on his company. Jun Myeon, his secretary has been by his side pretty much ever since he took over the company from his setpfather. People have been mistaking them for being attarcted each other since the both of them pretty much stick to each other and has not been dating the past 2 years. 

Now let's start the story proper, the story of how two people are pulled together by destiny and then pulled apart again...

 

(Year 2016)

Irene has been holding onto the little hopes the doctor gave her throughout her mother's hospitalisation. She knew how little time her mother had left and refused to leave her bedside. The accident 3 months ago had left her mother bedridden, her family broken and drained the family's savings. The doctor, Dr Xiu has been trying to help Irene by applying for the hospital's special help grant. If not for him, Irene would have long collasped under these strings of events that has been happening in her house. Her friend, Wendy has always been by her side, not leaving despite Irene was shunned upon by many other friends as she was seen trying to borrow money to pay off her family debts. Wendy always lent a helping hand, a warm helping hand. The kind of warmth Irene really cherished. 

"Irene, I've brought food over, have something to eat."

"Thanks Wendy, but I've just eaten. Dr Xiu brought over some kimbaps just now."

"Oh... That doctor. How is it between you and him? He seems to be really caring!"

"Wendy, you know with my current situation I in no mood for talks like this..."

Just as wendy took out her chopsticks and was about to dig into her food, the ECG monitor started to beep and a gradual flat line was seen approaching. Irene has seen this coming, but she still could not hide her fear, fear of losing her mother, the only mental support she had all these while. She quickly pressed the emergency call for the doctor. Wendy held onto Irene, both of them were just quietly looking at Irene's mother. Irene had told herself not to cry because mummy doesn't like to see her cry. She held it in while the dotor tried their last resorts to save her mother. She could only watch...

"Time of death, 26 June, 2:40 am. My condolences."

The doctors covered the white sheet over her mother. Irene knelt down by her bedside, she closed her eyes and put her head near her mother. She did not want mummy see her crying. Tears were already streaming down her cheeks. Wendy stood by because she knows all Irene did right now is some time to bade her final goodbyes. Just like that, the atmosphere was quiet and minutes went by. The silence was broken when Dr Xiu came back. He needs to transport the body to the mortuary to have it ready f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter