daisies.

Lovestagram.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

daisies.

“Should I put a filter on this one?” Jennie asked as she exposed the photo she took of herself the day before to Jisoo, her best friend.

“Yeah you look ugly.” Jisoo replied nonchalantly, too busy with her mobile game to even glance up at her friend’s phone. Jennie kicked her lightly under the table and huffed. The petite beauty winced dramatically but continued playing her game with a small smirk.

“I’ll ask the groupchat,” Jennie continued while quickly typing a message out to her favorite group of girls, “they’re always honest.”

From: Jennie
To: Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Lisa, Yeri, Irene, +4 others
Filter or no filter?

From: Nayeon
No filter 😍 so pretty!~

From: Irene
ugh date me

From Lisa:
No filter unnie!!!

Jennie chuckled, satisfied and encouraged by the support of her friends to upload the picture to Instagram with the simple caption: “pretty pretty daisy 🌼🌼🌼”

At only 20 years old, Jennie had accumulated almost 500k followers on Instagram. People loved her fashion sense, beauty, and charm. She was never one to brag about it, though. Sometimes, she even felt embarrassed about her newfound “fame” and coiled into herself anytime one of her classmates called her a celebrity. She just loved fashion, especially high fashion. Opening up an Instagram right after graduating high school in New Zealand, she thought she would just use it for inspiration in fashion and beauty but ended up being an inspiration for thousands of others around the world.

It also worked out in allowing her to make connection with people she would have never known just through her university’s fashion design program. She was thankful for the opportunity.

Jennie put her phone down, already overwhelmed with the amount of likes and comments clouding her notifications.

“Are you done?” Jennie sighed, looking over at Jisoo frantically pressing buttons on the phone and watching the colorful character jump over even more colorful obstacles. Jisoo continued to ignore her, her tongue sticking out of and her brow furrowed in utter focus at the childish game.

Shaking her head in amusement, Jennie switched her focus to the cafe they had been sitting in for the last hour, killing time before their next class. It was still as busy as ever in the afternoon as it was in the morning. The line had definitely weaned down a bit but more students were occupying the tables with their laptops and books. Exam time was approaching. She was getting a headache just thinking about it.

“E-excuse me,” a voice broke Jennie out of her thoughts. Standing in front of their table was a pale student with dark hair and glasses. His ears were burning red and he was fidgeting too much while glancing warily at Jisoo, “do you mind turning down the volume? It’s a bit distracting.”

“If noise disturbs you then go study in a sensory deprivation tank” Jisoo quipped, eyes never leaving her phone. Jennie laughed awkwardly, trying to ease the tension.

“I’m so sorry! We were just leaving!” Jennie squeaked embarrassedly while pulling her friend up with all their stuff and pushing her out the door. When they were outside she quickly snatched Jisoo’s phone.

“How many other places are you trying to get us banned from?” Jennie questioned too loudly, her cheeks hot from humiliation. A few random students stared as they entered the cafe. Jisoo just rolled her eyes and reached for her phone but Jennie held it out of reach.

“Go apologize to that boy.” Jennie commanded sternly, pointing at the door of the cafe they had just left. Jisoo whined and stomped her foot before hanging her head dejectedly and walking in the direction of the door. She gave her best friend one more questioning stare to gauge her seriousness before deciding that she was very, very serious.

She dragged her feet to the table of the dark haired boy and bowed her head, “I’m sorry for being rude. Please don’t complain to the manager. We love the coffee here.”

The boy blinked at Jisoo’s monotone apology before chuckling lightly, making Jisoo look up with a curious look.

“It’s totally fine! I know everyone’s pretty stressed about finals and I usually go to the library but I haven’t eaten anything all day so I thought I’d drop in for something—“

Jisoo blinked. Finals? She hadn’t even remembered until now. She had been too focused on games and some new manga that just released to even bother opening up her textbook.

“—but the library doesn’t allow food so I thought I should study and eat here for a little while before leaving. Anyway, my name is Kim Junmyeon. Yours?”

Jisoo broke out of her re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter