Superstitions aren't real.

Supersitions

The sound of a metal utensil hitting the floor is muffled by the background noise of the busy university cafeteria.

 

“You know, if you drop a spoon. A girl will enter the room.” Tiffany pointed out at the girl picking up her dropped utensil. Her hand waving a forkful of meat that didn’t make it into , while her eyebrows bounced up and down on her forehead.

 

“Really.” Her companion deadpanned as she picked up her dropped spoon, obviously not surprised as to why Tiffany believes such superstitions. “Aren’t you too old for them? Tell you what. I bet you a girl’s not going to walk through those doors.” Her friend faces her with a challenging twinkle in their eyes already eyeing the main entrance of the cafeteria.

 

“And aren’t you getting tired of losing.” It was not a question. Her friend has lost on multiple occasions when it comes to superstitions. “But you’re on. Loser has to buy lunch tomorrow. I want pizza from that gourmet food truck outside.” Tiffany was already listing all the possible meat and cheese toppings on her victory pizza, when the incoming form of a male making his way towards the entrance made her wish that she didn’t accept the bet.

 

“Hah! In your fa-“ The male was merely a step away from reaching the threshold when a short figure literally ran him over as she made her way towards their table. Wheezing and hacking once arriving in front of them.

 

“Hey. Did you hear about-“

 

“UNNIE!! For the love of food, Why are you here?! Gaaahhh I was about to win the bet!” The wide eyed unnie watched in confusion as her usually laid back dongsaeng is now whining and stomping her foot, momentarily yelling at the male who had failed to win her the bet (“Yah you punk! Why were you walking so slow?! You can walk slow when you’re 80!), which she had to apologise for for her friend’s delinquency. She turned to Tiffany for some answers, only to dispose of the idea as the girl was sidestepping to and fro in some sort of victory manner while mumbling PizzaPizzaPizzaPizza!

 

“Anyways guys-“

 

“ANOTHER!” Her donsaeng roared as she made her way to grab two spoons from a recently vacated table. “You’re superstition’s not going to get this right I bet cha!” She grinned maniacally while holding out three spoons and a fork over the side of the table, successfully sending shivers down the shortest of the three.

 

“Lunch for a week! Deal. Now drop ‘em.” Tiffany had such a sadistic smile masking her usually friendly ones that Taeyeon became afraid for her life and is now on speed dial for the local exorcist.

 

The clang of the dropped utensils was able to turn some heads from nearby tables, but nothing distracted the two from watching the main entrance. The three watched the entrance (Taeyeon was threatened by Tiffany to be their referee or else her prized dookongs would be set on fire) their breathing quickening as three girls made their way to the cafeteria.

 

“Ha!... Why are you STOPPING?!” Her dongsaeng screeched and paled at the sight of a fourth person joining the three, the fourth being a male. “NOOOOO!” The sound of her bawling and forehead hitting the table was loud enough for people to shoot them confused and concerned gazes. Tiffany on the other hand, was once again sidestepping and hysterically cackling at the fortunate turn of events.

 

“Hey guys. There’s somebody-“ The tallest of the two newcomers paused as she beheld the sight of her friends at the table. She turned to Taeyeon for answers but was only responded by a shake of the head and a tired sigh. “Right, anyway, we’ve got a new transfer here so be nice and introduce yourselves.” She tilted her head behind her to where the transferee was saying her goodbyes to the male that they had come in with before making her way to the group and bowing.

 

“Hi I’m Taeyeon. Music major and homebody.”

 

“I’m Hyoyeon. Dance major and aspiring DJ.”

 

“Hi I’m Tiffany. Music major like TaeTae and local American with Jessi. How are you? You’re such a cutie.” Three of the six girls rolls their eyes at the enthusiasm that Tiffany puts in during introductions, especially when she jumped up and engulfed the new girl in her so called Fany hugs.

 

The sulking donsaeng had to be slapped on the forehead to snap her out of her sorry state. “I’m uh Yoona. Acting major and..” Yoona had spaced out at the sight of two chocolate brown orbs, straight nose, squishy cheeks and full lips, “pretty.” Yoona absent-mindedly blurted out what was currently occupying her blank mind. The rest merely scoffed and earned her a playful shove, completely misunderstanding as to whom the compliment was aimed for.

 

“Get over yourself Im Yoona. You already know me, but for the sake of introductions I’m the cheerful princess, Sooyoung.” This caused a louder uproar from her friends, earning herself slaps and a knock on the head from Yoona who was the only one tall enough to reach the tall girl’s head.

 

“Hi. I’m Kwon Yuri. Acting major and it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Yuri smiled at each girl before bowing once again to conclude the introductions.

 

It didn’t take long for everyone to welcome Yuri into their little group and to get to know her, seeing as her personality perfectly fits the group’s jigsaw like puzzle of a mess known as their personalities. But one, however, took the liberty of openly starring at the occupied transferee mingling with the rest. Occasionally snapping out of her daze whenever Yuri decided to look her way and (try as she might) look interested to the conversations unfolding in front of her about school, professors, classmates and the occasional what’s your Facebook?

 

Ten minutes of open gawking had passed before she finally snapped out of her daze when her name was mentioned, “Hey Yuri my lectures starting in a few minutes so I won’t be able to show you to your next class. But Yoona can since she’s also in acting. Right Yoona dear/deer.” Sooyoung sent the new tour guide a not-so-subtle wink that earned questioning stares, including Yoona, before rushing out to her dreaded two-hour lecture.

 

One by one the girls departed in their separate ways leaving Yoona and Yuri behind at the table. The atmosphere turning awkward as the two had never really held a conversation other than, Nice to meet you, if you could even call that a conversation.

 

“So, I’ll show you to your next class?” the silence was finally broken and the two heaved a sigh of relief as they exchanged general words that lead to a more comfortable conversation while walking to Yuri’s classroom.

 

“Wow so you’ve been acting since you were ten? Daebak. You must be really popular. I should call you sunbae-nim then.” Yuri teases as she lets out a small giggle.

 

“A-ani. I prefer you call me Yoona, Yuri unnie.” Yoona on the other hand shyly lowers her head due to the teasing- not because of the pink tinting her cheeks when Yuri let out such a cute giggle, of course not.

 

The two shortly arrive in front of the classroom before saying their goodbyes. Yoona ‘s brain replays the last few moments with Yuri before the girl walked into her class.

 

“If you want I can show you to your classes tomorrow, if you don’t know the way that is.”

 

“Sure, I’ll see you tomorrow then popular sunbae-nim!” Yuri didn’t have the heart to tell her that she already knew where her classes were, plus how could she reject the owner of those bambi eyes that can melt your heart. So, she just stuck her tongue out and turned away from the younger, missing the way Yoona was practically beaming- so much, that she put the sun to shame.

 

---

 

Clang!

 

A fallen spoon rattles on the floor gaining the attention of its owner who had been too focused on attempting to beat the resident shikshin senior at demolishing their own piles of fried chicken to even acknowledge that she had pushed the utensil off the edge.

 

“Oh hey, a woman is going to walk in.” Yoona had already heard that from Tiffany months prior and shivered at the memory of how much money she lost buying Pig Fany a week of lunch. She still experiences such flashbacks whenever she sees a spoon or even hears the sound metal hitting the ground.

“Speaking of woman.” Sooyoung pauses and watches the girl opposite her. “When are you going to confess to Yuri?”

 

“What?” Sooyoung merely rolls her eyes at the dumbfound deer. The girl’s so obvious with her crush on Yuri that the whole Drama cohort knows about it, her fans even abandoned their ____xYoona ship.

 

The girl becomes oblivious to her surroundings whenever Yuri is around that she had almost fallen the stairs- not once, but ten times in the last ten days! And Sunny wasn’t even around do it for her.

 

“Puh-lease Yoona. You’ve been having googly eyes for her ever since she first introduced herself. You could easily be a human emoji with how your eyes blow up into hearts whenever Yuri is mentioned” Sooyoung smirks to herself, satisfied with how much the girl was squirming underneath the spotlight, but at least she wasn’t denying it, for now- if she did, she wouldn’t be surprised if the girl’s nose magically lengthened a few metres at the very obvious lie.

 

“Remember when she first hugged you and called you Yoongie.” Yoona remained silent.

 

 

 

It had happened after the first month of introductions and Yuri had been a nervous wreck on that day, as the girl was auditioning for the school’s infamous dance club- GG.

 

Despite already befriending the team’s captain/mob boss, Hyoyeon, Yuri was determined not to use her relationship with Hyoyeon to give her the best chances of getting into the club. Yuri was too much of an angel for such dirty tactics. Plus it wasn’t like Hyoyeon was going to give Yuri a free pass into her team, she would drop their friendship status as soon as she dons on her dancing shoes for the sake of continuing the team’s domination. It didn’t help that the group had put up a little showcase prior to the auditions to intimidate the wannabe dancers.

 

Yuri became too nervous and ran off while everyone was bedazzled by the showcase, barricading herself in the girl’s toilets. Yoona had to bribe Yuri with a mickey mouse plushie as big as Taeyeon- which earned Yoona a small painful hand print on the back of her thigh from Taeyeon because the vertically challenged girl didn’t really have much of a reach.

 

It turned out that Yuri had nothing to worry about. The whole team was blown away by the grace and smoothness that she portrayed- the stark opposite to Hyoyeon’s powerful and sharp dancing. Yuri had first jumped into Yoona’s personal space and engulfed her into a bone-crushing hug taking the said girl by surprise, “Yoongie I did it! I’m in!” and left her a blushing mess as Yuri moved on to hug the others who had supported her.

 

Yuri had been too preoccupied bouncing with Tiffany that she failed to witness how a simple nickname and hug had rendered the poor doe weak in the knees and her heart pumping more blood to her already red beet face. She was so out of it that she had to lean on Sooyoung for support for the rest of the day.

 

Sooyoung being Sooyoung only cackled and teased the poor girl to death, “Yoongie your Yuri’s talking to you… Yoongie why are you so red?... Guys wait up Yoongie’s a little bit weak on the knees… Yoongie’s got a thing for dancers.”

 

 

 

 

“No. I wasn’t like that at all Soo.”

 

“Oh yeah? What about-“ Yoona glared at the older whose mouth was plastered shut by her hand gesturing her to shut up, but Sooyoung is stubborn she won’t let a hand stop her from spilling the truth to Yoona about her obliviously obvious crush on her oblivious friend, who may also have an obvious crush on her equally oblivious friend.

 

“No I don't want to hear anything about that day.”

 

“Yoona,” Sooyoung sighed exasperatedly, “You have so many gay panics I don’t know which one you’re talking about.” She then rolled her eyes before shoving another piece of fried chicken into her black hole of a mouth. Yoona was merely stumped as to what the hell a gay panic was. Sooyoung had to (although disgruntledly) pause her eating in order to explain the terms freshies these days were using to describe useless gays like Yoona. “Yeah anyway, there are too many to count. What about that day when the dance team had that debut showcase at the school’s Open day? We almost called the ambulance!”

 

 

 

The school was having an Open day to showcase the campus to future students. Hyoyeon being the biggest opportunity seeker, she was the first to sign up for the club showcase (although she doesn’t admit it, she almost knocked out a guy twice her height when she came crashing through for the sign up sheet).

 

As usual their group of friends were standing at the front with pink light sticks (glowsticks) acting like well behaved adults for the duration of the show. That was, until SHY came out dressed in their colourful Adidas tracksuits and white tank tops.

 

“And for the last club of the day, we have GG!”

 

Screams roared throughout the auditorium as the girls got into position and the music blasted away. Hyoyeon danced with ease smiling away, Sooyoung had such charisma that it was easy to forget that she was a walking food vacuum. Yuri, danced so well that everyone was convinced that she had been in the club as long as the other two dancers.

 

“Choi Sooyoung! Kim Hyoyeon! Kwon Yuri!” Yoona and the gang bellowed the girls’ name in time with the music. The cheering intensified when the three girls turned their backs to the crowd, their hips swaying side to side in time with the beat as they leaned their torso forward.

 

Poor Yoona erupted with an “Oh my ing Mo!” her knees buckling at the sheer amount of butterflies taking flight in her stomach.”Unnie hold me!” Her back slumping over whoever was beside her, her hands mindlessly clawing her unnie’s face and neck as she desperately tried to stand herself up as a way to convince herself that she had fully recovered from feeling attacked by Yuri (Yoona’s a bit biased).

 

Sunny, on the other hand was actually about to collapse underneath Yoona she was not getting paid enough to be Yoona’s crutch as well as witnessing her gay panic.

 

Yoona once again had another gay panic when Yuri smiled and winked at the crowd during the second half of their routine, “ASDFGHJK” Sunny wondered how Yoona was able to express texting language in real life. “Kwon Yuri! Kon Yuree! Gon Yewwweee! Officer I’m being attacked.” Yoona mumbled to herself thinking that no one heard- truth be told, her friends and some classmates were currently enjoying her meltdown. But she didn’t have time to feel embarrassed as the girls on stage were now bowing and waving to the crowd. Yoona and Yuri’s eyes met and the older smirked as if she too had witnessed what had happened to the younger.

 

Yoona fainted.

 

Her mind, body, and soul couldn’t handle Kwon Yuri.

 

 

 

 

“I told you not to remind me.”

 

“Ohhhhh you were talking about that day.” Yoona almost backhanded Sooyoung. “Just admit it. You have a crush on-”

 

“Whose got a crush on who?” Yuri rested her head on Yoona’s shoulder, greatly invested on the conversation she had just come into. Both girls’ eyes widened as they looked at each other, then Yuri, then back at each other not yet processing that their topic subject had just popped out of nowhere.

 

“Yu- Yuri?!” Yoona practically jumped away from Yuri, her face flushing as she inwardly panicked and fought to keep the butterflies and rapid heart beat at bay. The butterflies soared higher at the sound of soft bells tinkling beside her, only to realize that it was only her crush giggling at her.

 

Unbeknownst to the panicked girl, light shades of pink dusts the elder’s tanned cheeks at Yoona’s response- her hopeless brain registering it as You Yuri.

 

Yuri left as quickly as she arrived, busily ordering her lunch before heading back to practice. Yoona was practically glued to the older, whining and pouting at how they haven’t seen each other in weeks.

 

“Aw, sweetie. I’m all yours again after the competition.” The older had coed and rubbed at Yoona’s furrowed eyebrows before making her way out of the cafeteria.

 

“BUT babeeee.” Yoona continued to whine following the other girl. It was such a cute sight seeing the two act like a couple. But Sooyoung knew how truly tragic the two were. Yuri would flirtatiously call Yoona by nicknames such as Honey, Sweety, Cupcake as a way of teasing the girl and Yoona would always play along (because she’s desperate?) and act like Yuri’s clingy, jealous, protective, in love girlfriend (although, could you really call that acting?).

 

Sooyoung watched hopelessly at her barely-afloat-ship until, “Oh my God. A woman walked in. It came true.” Sooyoung then accidentally purposely elbows her fork off the table chanting, “Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt.”

 

---

 

Months flew by at the blink of an eye and the girls are now enjoying the beginning of their semester break in their karaoke booth drinking and singing the night away.

 

“Did you know? If you’re really scared of something, it will show up in your room.” Tiffany instigated leaving the rest to groan in distaste of the whole superstition thing. It was already creepy enough that 80% of her superstitions came true no one was keen enough to find out if their greatest fears would come haunting them in their sleep. Yoona especially shivered at the thought. “It’s true!” The tipsy American voices, “I’m scared of bugs. And guess what?” Everyone ignores the girl and downs a shot instead. “Those cursed sons of a es appeared in my room!”

 

“Yeah rightttt. They’re everywhereee.” Yoona slurs. “And I’m petrified of Kwon Yuri.” She says sarcastically. But everyone drunkenly hoots and offer high fives to the girl, the most erted one’s hooting the loudest and urging the already drunk Yoona more shots.

 

Kwon Yuri couldn’t make eye contact with anyone, especially those byuns who were shamelessly wiggling their eyebrows at Yoona and herself. Shameless.

 

“ Hehehe you hear that Yul? Yoona’s scared of youuuu~” Hyoyeon singsongs teasing the duo just cos that was her sole purpose in life, along with Sooyoung.

 

“O-Only a little.” Yoona too reverted to her shy self after her drunkedness had realized the weight of the words she blurted out. Their eyes meeting once in a while before looking back unto their laps as if they were ten years olds.

 

Yuri snaps her gaze to Yoona’s as she felt her pinky linking with the girl’s beside her and flashes a small shy smile before looking back to her lap. But Yoona didn’t stop there. Drunk Yoona was braver than sober Yoona. So she wiggles her way closer to the tanned girl before gently plopping her head on the girl’s shoulder and lets out fits of giggles. Proud at herself for what she has accomplished.

 

Yuri stays still and enjoys the warmth spreading within her as she watches the younger out of her peripherals not minding the other girl’s head softly nuzzling her neck or the purrs that seem to come from deep within the younger’s chest.

 

The rest of the night is lost as blurred memories of more singing, drinking, laughing, and a loud “SLEEPOVER!”

 

 

Yoona drowsily wakes at the annoying thing kicking her leg. And immediately regrets the decision to open her eyes as a throbbing headache spreads along her skull. As she nurses her throbbing head a certain memory from the night before emerges from the dark corners of her mind. “And I’m petrified of Kwon Yuri.” It echoes around the room, causing her to vigorously rub her temples silently cursing herself in the form of incoherent groaning.

 

“Oh. Morning Yoona.” A voice made her stop dead in her tracks. . This can’t be happening, Yoona thought and opened her eye a fraction. The grinning figure of Yuri standing amongst the sleeping bodies on the floor in her room greets her.

 

---

 

“If you jump when the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve. You will grow taller.” The encyclopedia of all things Superstitions proposes as a matter of factly to the mass of bodies sprawled out on Sooyoung’s lounge room.

 

“Looks like the two danshins didn’t get the memo.” Hyoyeon snickers at the two protesting, but is ironically also one of the shortest members of their gang. Everybody else just laughed at the trio and snuggled under their blankets tired from a day’s worth of cramming and finishing off the last few assignments of the year.

 

Yuri and Seobaby were already fast asleep, the younger clinging unto the older’s pajama shirt, the duo always sleeping earlier than others to maintain their flawless skin. Yoona on the other just happily stared at her sleeping crush. Her eyes outlining all of the sleeping girls features, starting from her forehead all the way down to her god crafted chin. Ogling at Yuri’s lips longer than usual. Wondering how it would feel when she presses hers on them, but she can’t and won’t. Not until she puts her life together and confess to the older.

 

So she smiles to herself and watches her crush til sleep over comes her.

 

 

But, it never comes. She lies awake silently tossing and turning to not wake the people beside her. She tiredly sits up and makes her way to Sooyoung’s ramyun pantry- Sooyoung has multiple pantries each containing separate snacks pocky, pringles, potato chips, choco pie, you name it Sooyoung will have it.

 

“I guess our eating cycles lined up today.” Sooyoung groggily walks in and tosses another ramyun packet for Yoona to cook before recklessly plopping herself on the dining chair. The two noisily and happily slurped their noodles not really caring about the other or their surroundings as they didn’t notice the group’s unofficial third shikshin stumbling into the kitchen.

 

“Hey I want some too-“ The sound of someone’s throat obstructed with chicken flavoured noodles didn’t allow Tiffany to say anymore. The choking hacked and gagged trying to dislodge , her eyes silently pleading the two for help as her face started to turn red- Sooyoung was frantically getting a glass of water while Tiffany flapped her hands looking oddly excited.

 

“Quick Yoona! Ask us to give you a number!” Superstition Fany eagerly instructs. The two incredulously looks at the girl worried about Fany’s lack of concern to a potentially dying friend. “Just do it! It’s for science!”

 

“Give me a-“ Yoona wretches in mid sentence, ”number.”

 

“8!” The two still look on at Tiffany skeptically; mind you Yoona is still choking. “Soo you too!” Yoona silently begs for Soo to end her already.

 

“Um 17.” Tiffany paces deep in thought biting her nail. Sooyoung worriedly pats the almost unconscious Yoona, praying to the food Gods that Yoona would survive this ordeal.

 

“Aha!” Tiffany slaps Yoona’s back so hard the girl hacks up the dislodged noodles unto the floor. “Ew.” Yoona glares at the disgusted girl. How dare she act disgusted when she was the one choking and hallucinating (Probably something Yuri related). “Y… Y… Y… Who’s got a name beginning with Y?”

 

“Tiffany I was choking! I could’ve died!” Yoona aggressively whispers, still unhappy about the near death experience.

 

“No Yoona you don’t get it!” Tiffany whines in slight annoyance. She further elaborates by explaining the superstition that whenever a person chokes someone is talking or thinking about them. The numbers given corresponds with a letter from the alphabet and is the first letter of the unknown’s name.

 

“What if it’s Yuri?” Yoona looks at Sooyoung with such in betrayal in her eyes.

 

“No no. The girl’s sleeping like the dead.” The two seriously discusses the matter of Yoona’s choking incident. Yoona raises her arms in surrender and slinks back to the living room.

 

Laying her head on her folded arm she giggles at the sight of a sleeping Yuri hugging her pillow, nuzzling it every once in a while momentarily forgetting what had happened before. Yoona couldn’t help but imagine a time where she will be the one in Yuri’s arms instead of her pillow, the older’s head perfectly tucked underneath her chin as they fall asleep in each others arms.

 

The girl’s are once again gathered around the cafeteria table the day after their impromptu sleepover. Most of the girls already digging into their lunch while the unlucky ones longingly watch them eat.

 

“You know Yoong, I had a dream about you last night.” Three pairs of eyes widened and stared at the girl who was absentmindedly watching the workers behind the counter, willing them to work faster so that she too could get her lunch. “I was hospitalized and had to get surgery on my ankle and you were my nurse. I was high on medication and I kept-“ Yuri was cut off when her name was called out notifying her that her lunch was ready.

 

“You heard her right?” The three gathered their heads, mumbling as Yuri fetched her lunch. “She was thinking about you!”

 

“No wonder you were choking on your noodles. But then again, she was basically inhaling them.” Sooyoung shrugged in realization.

 

“Guys, superstitions aren’t- Hey! I was hungry okay?” Yoona pouted.

 

---

 

“Woah. What is that on your face?” Tiffany pushes into the tanned girl’s personal space closely inspecting the girl’s unwanted visitor on her forehead.

 

“It’s just a pimple Tiff.” Yuri rolls her eyes at her friend over exaggerating. ” I must be really stressed about finals week.” Yuri sighs and rubs her temples as if trying to get rid of all the built up stress that the school had dumped on their shoulders.

 

“Or it’s because your future spouse didn’t finish all of their rice.” Tiffany whispers. Two figures freeze up on the couch they’ve plopped on staring bug eyed at the pimple gracing Kwon Yuri’s usually pimple free face remembering the breakfast they had the other day.

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Yoona were having a late breakfast together as the two had woke up late from pulling off an all nighter trying to finish their group project that they had willingly left til the very last minute to do. As usual the only thing that could be heard from the two were soft chewing and the occasional scraping of their utensils against their plates.

 

“So Yoong…“ The older starts, mouth still full with rice, “about the other day.” Yoona already knows where this is heading so she picks a single grain of rice from her bowl and flicks it at Sooyoung.

 

“Aw you’re wasting food!” Sooyoung protests at the lonely grain of rice on the table that had hit her on the forehead. “You know if you don’t eat your rice the person you’re going to marry will have a pimple on their face.”

 

“Let me guess. This is one of Fany’s superstitions again isn’t it?” Yoona deadpans not surprised that she is once again involved with another superstition.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat your rice?” Sooyoung calls out to the girl making her way out of the kitchen.

 

“No. It’s already touched you so it’s contaminated.” Yoona answers from the living room. “Besides, superstitions aren’t real.” Sooyoung sighs at the non-believer and picks up the grain of rice before throwing it in the bin.

 

 

 

“She’s the person you’re going to marry!” Sooyoung bounces in excitement and shoves Yoona off of the couch to follow Yuri who had entered Tiffany’s kitchen. “Hurry up and confess to her!” Sooyoung gave one final push and Yoona came stumbling into the kitchen almost bumping into Yuri who was making her way out. The girl then dragged the clueless Tiffany out of her own house to give the two some privacy, promising the oblivious girl that she’ll explain everything once they were out of the door.

 

“Woah! Easy there Yoona.” Yuri giggled as she steadied the girl to her feet. “Did you get weak on the knees because of me?” Being the tease out of the two she wanted to see the younger flush in embarrassment, but she didn’t suspect that she would be the one blushing instead.

 

“Actually, yes.” Yoona paused looking into Yuri’s eye, finding the courage within her to finally confess to the girl after months deluding herself that she didn’t have feelings for the blushing girl standing in front of her. “Every time I see you as a matter of fact. Along with all the butterflies and rapid heart beats.”

 

Yoona bravely holds the older’s hand that was on her shoulder. “All the symptoms that one would have when they’re falling for someone.” She smiles in order to hide the nervousness and dread of rejection in the pits of her stomach. But the way Yuri’s face was still the colour red sparked a small fire of hope of the latter returning her feelings.

 

The small spark turns into a flame as she felt her hand softly squeezed in response, the older slowly looking into her doe eyes. The flame burning bright as she sees the answer in Yuri’s chocolate orbs with how the older looks into Yoona’s. As if telling the younger, Me too Yoona. Me too. Her eyes conveying every emotion that she is feeling at the moment; happiness, relief, and of course love.

 

“I like you too, so much.” Yuri whispers as she wraps her arms around Yoona’s shoulders her head tucking under the latter’s chin. Yoona didn’t miss a beat to envelope the older into her arms basking in the warmth of the growing flame in her heart beating as fast as Yuri’s.

 

“So much.”

 

 

 

 

 

By the time the two had moved to the couch their whole friend group had come barging in demanding answers from the startled couple. Yoonyul on the other hand were looking at each other confused as to how fast their ‘dating scandal’ had gotten out so quickly.

 

Actually, Sooyoung and Tiffany were spying on the two girls through an app from a security camera located in Tiffany’s kitchen while sitting outside on the curb. The two then called everyone about the news and waited for everyone before breaking down the front door. But the couple doesn’t need to know that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

“I don’t believe in superstitions. But do you remember that superstition about dropping utensils?” Yoona looks down where Yuri is securely wrapped in her arms. “Yeah, when I dropped my spoon the love of my life entered my life.”

 

The whole living room burst into disgusted groans at the sudden confession. Still not used to witnessing such sugar filled confessions despite the two entering the fourth year of their relationship. Yoona and Yuri only ignored the uproar and came together for short but sweet kiss. All the witnesses looking away gagging, but the two lovebirds wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

 

A/N: Well there you go! How was it? I gotta admit, without much Yoonyul content going on I had a bit of trouble thinking up what to write. BUT I pushed through and gave birth to this. hahaha!!

Oh! By the way, did you guys notice that the superstitions happened whenever Yoona was eating?? Hehehe I honestly didn't plan for that to happen. I only noticed it when I was almost done with the story! 

Thank you for giving up your time and reading this. Please feel free to leave a comment and tell me what parts of the fic you enjoyed the most. As always thank you to those who have subscribed and commented! I'll see you readers next time! ;)