1. (Not proofed, FP, reDo)

Chasing tails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don’t strain too much.” Solji stood beside Hani who in turn pouted at her vocal trainer. 

“I know you want to sing higher, but I don’t want you to hurt your voice. Sing it lower if it feels right.” Solji leaned over and played the recorded instrumental for the third time this session and Hani only sighed before complying to her trainer. The moment Hani sang the first word of the song Solji nodded in approval and it sparked encouragement through Hani she felt herself grow comfortable, enough to feel her voice naturally projecting itself throughout the chorus.

“Your lower voice sounds nice. It's kind of husky and it'd suit jazzy songs. It's really unique to have idols sing like you these days." Hani smiled sheepishly and felt a little warmer than she had a minute ago. She was used to being frustrated at her low to medium range and how she was only given a few lines during their first few songs. It had been her second week of lessons with Solji, but her first compliment from her, and damn did it feel good. It took all her willpower to stop the wide grin that was threatening to break out onto her lips.

"Really? I can sing it again.” Hani spoke almost too eagerly and looked up at Solji who in turn looked back at Hani and chuckled before gesturing at her. 

“Yeah, sing it again, but I want you to add something when you sing it, I want to hear power from here.” Solji gestured and Hani blinked and composed herself before restarting the song. 

 

LE swallowed thickly and winced at her how her dry throat felt like it was being scathed by fire. She had been home for the past week, skipped all practices, lessons,  schedules with the company and had yet to meet their new vocal teacher, who according to Jeonghwa was a lot better than the last one they hired so she decided she might as well show today and check out this new vocal coach, she didn’t mean literally, but apparently some part of her did because as soon as her eyes landed on the unfamiliar woman who was scowling at one of the managers LE eyed the woman’s figure a few times before settling on the conversation between the two. 

“You can distribute their parts better and the songs too their are certain lines that don't suit some of them, but suit other members." LE's lip twitched in annoyance as her title as Exid's composer was being thrashed by a stranger. 

“Look, you're their vocal coach, not their song writer, and I'm not the person you should be talking too-" 

"Then who should I be talking too?" Solji cut in. 

"Me." LE snapped, causing both the manager and Solji to whip their heads around in her direction. “You don’t like the way I write Exid’s songs?” LE questioned. Solji’s eyes narrowed. 

“Hey, thats not what I said. I was saying that lines can just be distributed better and-” LE was dumbfounded by the nerve of this woman by this point most would be tripping over in apologies and LE would be lying if she said she wasn’t slightly intimidated. She glanced at the manager who looked absolutely petrified at how the conversation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter