Chapter 1 - The Brothers

Four Hearts, Two Loves, One Story

“Get up you little brat, it’s bright outside already. Don’t be such a lazy , come downstairs in this moment,” the voice rang so loudly through the open door, yet the occupant of the bed seemed careless. He pulled his blanket over his head and burrowed his head deeper into pillows.

The owner of the voice huffed, couldn’t wait any longer, he padding toward the bed silently and with mischievous grin he threw his body hard right on top the cocooned body. Immediately a high-pitched cry could be heard in the entire house.

~~~

The couple downstairs looked up at the ceiling, “What the hell was that?” the man quizzed as he lowered his coffee, brows furrowed.

His wife only shrugged, continued to applying butter on the breads before put it on her husband’s plate.

She smiled, “You know how noisy this house becomes when Geng comes home. He won’t let his brother go easily, at least not before his brother has kicked or punched him. And on Monday he’ll back with non-stop rants and Siwon-ah will have been freaked out with his bruises.”

The man shook his head, “Are they my sons? You sure the nurses didn’t make any mistake when they brought them from nursery?”

“Of course, how many twins had born that day?”

“Well, I don’t know?”

She put the last slices, “Good, now just shut up and wait for them to come down.” Then she marched to the kitchen, leaving her stunned husband alone.

~~~

“The Geng?! You never learnt your lessons did you? For Siwon hyung’s precious god’s sake, you almost broke my ribs, damn it!” the younger clutching his sore ribs whilst eyeing his brother.

The older rubbed his forehead and wincing when his hand met with a new-formed bump. Not a long ago, his brother had kicked him out of bed, he hadn’t made any preparation for sudden attacks, and with a helpless yelp he fallen upside down. Unfortunately, his head made contact with the wooden floor first.

And that was hurt.

Well, this was his brother he’s talking about, he couldn’t expect any less. The younger man was still the boy he shared the same looks with. He’s still that over quiet guy –not that himself wasn’t quiet, but he knew when he’d to keep his mind and when he must talk. While the other, he couldn’t do that.

He always thought that it wasn’t his place or right to speak his mind. Sometimes it was good because it meant they can managed things easier. But the older always worried, he afraid if people started to take advantages of his little brother. Maybe he was capable to defend himself, however it’s just physically. But mentally, he aware that his brother had more fragile heart than him

He was easily breakable.

“Yah, don’t just sit and rub that stupid head of yours Geng! And don’t give me that face. I know what you’re thinking now.”

They not only shared the same faces. Somehow their minds and feelings were connected together. It was amusing how they didn’t need to speak, just look at each others’ eyes and the other’s thoughts were instantly revealed at the same moment.

He shook his head and pouted, trying to school his expression into a normal one to cover his anxiety earlier. Thanks to his lover’s god, he was indeed a good actor. Oh, yeah speaking the devil, that damn lover he had, how in earth he could sneak out the bedroom and left him alone without any proper explanation!

Just a damned post-it note, supported by alphabets magnets that surrounded it and forming an I-Love-You sentence.

Babe,

My manager called me, he said I have sudden schedules for some French magazine, so I’ve to go overseas this night. Don’t worry, I’ll do it real quick and comeback before you miss me! It’s around Monday I think. I didn’t wake you up because you looked so tired after the lectures you had today. I promise we’ll visit your parents next weekend. Just sleep tight love.

Lots of kisses

PS: have I told you that I love you so much? <3<3<3

Ha! How could you say it was proper? How? How?

Okay, maybe it was acceptable enough and it was true he was so tired that he didn’t even realize his lover had gotten out the bed. Well, he had been so moody lately.

But, still! He had to teach this actor how to treat others nicely!

‘Huff, just wait Mr. Choi. There will be no dinner served for you. And prepare yourself for living room and that freaking couch. Say goodbye too, to your dearest softdrink, I’ll sabotage all of your cokes supplies,’ he cackled mentally.

“Sshh, it was your fault. You didn’t need to kick me that hard. I know you’re such a good martial artist and else, but don’t practice it on me! I still need this brain to work!”

The brown haired boy raised his eyebrow, “Seriously? Don’t you mean the other purpose of your words? You don’t need that brain to work, you just need your face to appeal that tall and elegance figure of your lover!” he sticking out his tongue and ducked his head as his brother throw a pillow towards him. Let’s play run and catch ge!

~~~

“So, why do you come home now? I think you’ll visit us tomorrow Sunday after Siwon-hyung has done with church’s chores?” he voiced out breathlessly.

His brother had run after him for some punishment caused by his remark. Hell, since when his gege could run that fast and catch him?

Hangeng smirked, knowing that the younger trying to change the conversation. Now, he had Hankyung trapped on backyards. His twins was still catching his breath, his back almost collided with the bark of pine tree. Well, well, well. The mouse was caught by the cat now.

“Why, little brother? Why do you ask? You know, you do have something to say to me, hm?” he walked slowly, his prey wouldn’t escape. He had nowhere to run off.

“Or, is it because you lose? Wasn’t it funny how this old man can catch you, little brother? Because for the first time in the history Hangeng could beat Hankyung on physical exercise?” his grin only got wider as the younger frantically back off.

He didn’t miss the flashing move of his brother eyes when his body met with the tree.

‘You’re so dead Hankyung,’ he mouthed the sentence.

Aware that he was so screwed, the younger fell on his knees. Begging for some mercy from the other.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that, gege. I was just kidding. Happy now?” he bent on his knees and hands tightly clasped together in front of his chest, eyes closed. When he didn’t feel the blow from his brother he slowly open his left eyes. Only to be greeted by the reflection of his face right hovering above his head.

The elder twin had approached him and without a word, he flicked his brother forehead, hard before he walked away to the direction of the house. Suddenly he turned around with small mocking smirk displayed on his young face as if to show his victory, feeling triumphant he closed the door. Leaving the younger man in the backyard to nursing his head.

~~~

He didn’t know how it started. One moment he was a free unbounded person, and the next time he had fallen in love. It felt so right, yet just as wrong at the same time.

Well, you couldn’t help whom you’re falling in love with, right? Even if it was your lecturer, even if it was your bestfriend’s lover.

He loved his lecturer entirely and unconditionally.

Wasn’t it ironic? His twin always fussed over his flat and loveless life.

At that time, he didn’t consider himself to have a lover, he was happy like that, even without a lover. However look, now that he was in love, he felt more miserable than ever.

He had an urge to question the plans from the lords above. What actually they had in store for him?

His brother never had to fight his love like this, the older twin only met the particular actor in the building where their father worked at. His twin just happened to drop off the files their father forgot at home and that actor was visiting his father. Who, by the way, was their father’s boss.

They met accidently inside the meeting room. Shyness and blushes filled their first encounter, he recalled his father story. The older twin was never the first one to start the conversation, so did the actor, judging from his interviews.

However, love always had its way; apparently, something had possessed the actor’s, because suddenly he became the opposite of his usual character. He began chat animatedly and without shame engaging the youngest male in some intimate talk, right under their fathers’ eyes.

Nevertheless, truthfully what made the fathers shocked was the untouched young actor interested in some college student, foreign male more less even took him into some lunch date.

It looked like his brother had infatuated the actor.

First date went so smooth than it had been expected, so did the second and so on.

Their father gladly accepted it –who didn’t want their son become the boss’ son’s lover? Beside, the actor’s father didn’t seem to mind it. Because after one glance the boss had been under his brother’s quiet spell, he loved the older twin more than he loved his son.

That was how his brother’s love life went.

Was it wrong to say if his brother’s fate was better than his?

~~~

His life turned upside down on the first day the college started after summer holiday. He knew him first as the new eccentric lecturer who taught modern dance history.

He wasn’t paying too much attention when the others student began gossiping the new teacher their college had. Instead, he’d thought about some middle-aged woman as the lecturer.

As the said professor entered and introducing himself, it turned out that his teacher was that attractive. Well, as attractive as his brain could definite. From the head to the toe, he wished to curse himself because the teacher was so very his type. And yes, he was just like his brother to have swung this way.

Sighing to himself, he tiredly counting the reasons why this love was unachievable. First, he was his lecturer, for god’s sake he was older than him by 3 years. Second teacher-student relationships were forbidden, damn whoever made this rule at first place. The last and the so so very important reason, what should you do if you were about to falling in love with your bestfriend’s lover?

Keep silent and bury it deep inside the bottom of your heart? A very coward’s style.

Crying out loud and complaining why your love was one-sided? Just one word for that, pathetic. It showed how desperate you were, just go on if you wanted your dignity ripped away from you.

Last choice, keep your fight for him. A bit sadistic on your friendship’s side, in addition ‘what if’s’ always playing part on your decision. What if he didn’t love you back? What if your parents against your relationship? What if your bestfriend loathed you?

Maybe it was the one preventing you from taking action.

For the first and second choice, it would only hurt you and no one else, while the last one was the hardest and most risking choice. If fortune taking your side you’d get him but it would leave your bestfriend’s and your friendship broken. On the other hand, if you were rejected, aside from having you heartbroken, your relationship with his and his lover would be more than awkward.

The truth was either you got hurt or hurting someone, but the question was which one you wish to be.

Ready to take the risk… or backing up even before the battle started?

~~~

There was something wrong with this guy, the elder twin nodded. Yes, he was sure of it. His brother had changed from a silent person into a mute guy. Maybe he was quite quiet but now it became worse.

Geng always found him dazed or seeing into nothing, even at some point, Hankyung didn’t even conscious enough to realize that he was being talked to.

If only Hankyung was less introvert guy than he was, it would be easy to coax the story out from him, but no. The younger lad was just as difficult as him.

He really concerned by his twin’s strange behavior, the Chinese sighed. He entered the pass code tohis apartement, when he was granted he softly opened the door. The apartement was all dark there was no sign of Siwon'. His lover apparently didn't keep his promise and went on with his stupid job.

Just as he switched the light in the kitchen, his mind was caught vy another post-it note on the refigerator.

 

I'm sorry sweetheart, it seems like i've to catch my flight to Japan, the brand I am endorsing was demanding some photoshot for the upcoming winter. I'm really sorry that I'd to cancel our vacation.  Earlier I called your phone but I guessed you had it off, so I was unable to tell it by phone. This time I swear to you I will come back real quick, and spent more time with you.

Love you always

Siwon

 

Lie. All lies, Siwon-ah. Am I that unimportant to you? Why do you keep making promises to me and in the end you are the one who breaks it? Please stop filling my heart with false hopes and dreams, Siwon-ah. I'm tired.

He blinked to clear his blurry vision from tears, his right hand still propped beside the note while the other came to clutch his chest. Why did it hurt? He just wanted to have peace and normal love story, not like this. His lover was barely home, and whatever he said to make up the promises he had made only turned as another lie.

He wanted to help his twin from whatever problem that burden him, but now it looked like he needed some care as well.

***

I just wanna  remind you, the update won't be uploaded anytime soon. I'm busy with my school

Comments are loves! <3<3<3