Eunae's

3.3

“B- baby?”

 

Eunae didn’t know the definition of fear until she saw her wife that moment. Seulgi is curled up in a ball, tears streaming down her cheeks and her entire body shaking with every sob.

 

Eunae’s lunchbox and water bottle landed with a deafening clang on the floor as she runs over to her wife. Her hands are flying everywhere, assessing for any wounds and bruises while she tries to contain her pounding heart.

 

“S-seulgi? Are you okay? What’s wrong, love?”

 

The young nurse was almost scared to ask, she works as a nightshift nurse in the ER and has witness pretty much every nightmare inducing case. But none of them terrified her as it does now, her hand trembling as she places it in her wife’s stomach, praying to whoever that’s listening that their babies will be okay.

 

“She-she left…”

 

“W-who?” Eunae asked, her voice still shaky as fear continues to grip her. “Who love?”

 

“Jessica.”

 

Eunae leans back and tries to fight herself from giving herself a facepalm.

 

“Oh.”

 

Somewhere in their apartment, she swore there is a hidden camera. Cause, of course, this is a joke, a big joke. Yes, today is a day of mourning for Sones everywhere but does her wife need to act like this? Like somebody had died?

 

“She left, Eunae… she left. Like why can’t they work things out? Like how could we name one of our teddy cubs after her?”

 

The mention of their future teddy bears took away any irritation that Eunae had. Her smile was growing wider as she caresses her wife’s stomach.

 

“Well, there is still eight of them left.”

 

“I know that…” Seulgi grumbles. “But we already call our baby, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica. They’re the holy trinity.”

 

“I’m pretty sure when our babies come out, they would be happy with whatever name we have.”

 

“Are you sure?” Seulgi looks up at her with those innocent almond eyes and all Eunae could think of is…

 

I’m so in love with you.

 

“I’m sure,” Eunae leans closer, brushing her nose against her wife’s red nose.

 

“You’re right; there is eight of them still there.”

 

“Yup.”

 

“We are going to have our own triplets, Eunae.”

 

“I know…” Eunae just came out of a 12 hour night shift, but nothing could ease her exhaustion other than the thought that in a few months, she will have three little girls, three different versions of her wife.

 

“Maybe we should name them after SNSD triplets?”

 

Eunae presses a kiss on her wife’s temple before whispering, “I think that’s a wonderful idea.”

*

 

“I’m going to hit you!!!” A little girl screams out, finger guns straight at her nemesis. “WITH THAT DURUDURUDUUUUU!!!!!”

 

“YOUR!” Kick. “FAKE GUN!” More kick. “DOESN’T WORK!”

 

“OW! OW! OOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!”

 

Eunae is putting her track and field days into good use as she runs out of their bedroom to swoop in their three year old from kicking/beating the out of her other three year old.

 

She and her wife have miraculously survived the first three years of sleepless nights, crying in chorus (sometimes she and Seulgi join too) and never-ending diaper changing. Now their little cubs look more and more like Seulgi each passing day. Watching her three little Seulgis run around their home, make Eunae believe that it was worth it.

 

Their three little bears grew up into three different versions of Seulgi. Yuri came out first and had the fiercest look among the three; her almond eyes look intense even at the age of three. It reminded Eunae when Seulgi is up on the stage, captivating every eye in the audience with her dance moves.

 

Even if it’s just for a few minutes, she has no problem lording over the fact to her two sisters that she’s the oldest. Yuri also has no problems taking justice into her own little paws if it comes to it.

 

“Yuri?” Eunae sets her little almond eyed cutie on the ground. “What did I say about hitting your sister, Yuri?”

 

“I wasn’t hitting Yoongie!” Yuri says with a defiant pout and cross of her arms. “I was kicking her.”

 

“Baby,” Eunae says half pleading, half in exhaustion and another part nervous as she’s about to run late for work. “Remember, she’s your sister, you have to love and take care of her.”

 

“I still have Seobaby…”

 

“HMMP! HMMP! HMMP! HMMP! HMMP!” Eunae could hear Yoongie stomping that cute little light up shoes at her every huff.

 

Yoona or Yoongie to everyone close to them is the happiest (except right now when she’s throwing her little tantrum) out of the three. In a way, Yoongie is the one who reminds her so much of Seulgi. Like the happiest kid in the world and easily excitable over the simplest things. Those almond eyes always shaped into crescents as she smiles. Oftentimes, Eunae finds herself reading articles about ADD just to make sure, but all she has to do is see her wife and Eunae is quick to close the tab.

 

“Yoongie, Yoongie, what did I say about stomping?”

 

“Not to stomp.” Yoona reasons out.

 

“And what are you doing?”

 

“Stomping. But she made me so mad! Ugly!”

 

“Kang Yoona… no ma’am.”

 

Both Yuri and their youngest one Seohyun or Seobaby gasped when they heard Eunae’s tone of voice. And they all know that when their mommy Eunae calls them by their real name, it means trouble. Big trouble.

 

“Come here, look.” Eunae pulls all her three girls toward their full length mirror. “Look at that three pretty babies I have. You guys all look like your mommy Seulgi.”

 

“I look like you.” Seobaby points out, looking adoringly at her mommy Eunae.

 

Eunae smiles at her pudgiest one, giving her sweetiepie a big kiss on the cheek. Seohyun or Seobaby to everyone else is their family’s baby and she knows it. She’s the one who usually gets the coos from strangers because of how round those cheeks are. Seohyun for some reason is the closest one to her personality, shy and takes forever to talk around strangers. But at the same time, she is still all Seulgi’s, a little crybaby who sniffles and tears up at every small thing.

 

“W-what’s going on?” Seulgi, her wife comes out from hibernation. While she had to play referee, get their babies stuff together for tomorrow and get ready for work.

 

Those afternoon naps with Seulgi feel like a distance memory, she and her wife loves their naps. Before their babies come into their lives, weekends were devoted to love making before falling into a satisfying two hour nap. Now she and Seulgi have a rule, one of them should always be awake during the afternoons. One time, she made a mistake of napping along with their teddy bears, which resulted in Yoongie ending up in the emergency room after mistaking Tylenol for candies.

 

It gives her the biggest scare of her life, while her wife tries to diffuse the situation with, “maybe she’ll be immune from all headaches now.”

 

So, never again. Never nap again.

 

“Yul, are you going to tell mommy Seulgi what happened?”

 

“Ummm no.”

 

Eunae took a deep breath at the response before looking at her wife.

 

“You had a good nap?”

 

Seulgi nods satisfyingly, earning an eye roll from her wife before Eunae walks to the kitchen, with four bears trailing right behind her.

 

“Okay, I have their dinner ready in the fridge just warm it up. How long, Seul?”

 

“I know… I know… it was just that one time-“

 

One time her wife almost burns their daughter’s tongue by putting the microwave on high.

 

“How long?”

 

“40 seconds.”

 

“Good job, baby.” Eunae pats Seulgi on her cheek.

 

“Good job, baby.” Yoona pats her mommy Seulgi on the , earning cute giggles from her sisters.

 

“Mommy is a baby…” Yuri snickers, which made the giggles even louder.

 

“Hey… hey.” Seulgi frowns or more of a pout at their babies. “What’s this?” She asked as she sees the cereal box and four bowls with a spoon, one clearly for her and three little ones for each baby.

 

“Babe, we have to be ready for unnie’s wedding tomorrow… When I get home, the girls should have already eaten their breakfast and bathed, so all I have to do is shower and we are good to go.”

 

“Oh yeah that…”

 

“Yes. The girls' pajamas are out in bed, and their clothes for tomorrow.”

 

“Relax, love. I got it.”

 

Eunae seriously does that.

 

“What time is their bedtime?”

 

“Oh, my gosh, Eunae… seriously?” Seulgi looks at her wife, completely appalled by the question.

 

“What time is their bedtime?”

 

“9:30,” Seulgi said with pride.

 

“That’s your bedtime, Seul. What’s theirs?”

 

“Ummm… not 9:30?”

 

“8:30.”

 

Eunae was about to step out, when she winces at the thought of leaving her girls behind. She turns to her watch, she needs to be driving to the hospital now but her wife and three girls all alone are making her nervous like a ticking time bomb.

 

“Do you want me to feed them now?”

 

“No, Eunae… baby… I got it. Me and the girls are going to have so much fun. Right girls?”

 

“YEEEESSSSS!!!!”

 

That is what Eunae is afraid of…

 

“Okay,” Eunae bends down on her knees, eyeing each of the three girls. “Are you three going to listen to mommy Seulgi?”

 

“Yes!!!”

 

Lies.

 

“Are we going to talk back?”

 

“No!”

 

Even more lies…

 

“Okay, if mommy Seulgi tells me you didn’t listen and are fighting again,” She specifically eyes her two oldest ones. “I’m going to give you a spanking, you understand me?”

 

Those pair of almond eyes widens in fear before nodding in agreement.

 

“Okay, I love you.” She gives each girl a kiss.

 

“Bye mommy,” Each girl wraps her little arms around her neck, and once again she gave them all a kiss.

 

Eunae stands up, looking at the love of her life in the eyes before saying,

 

“I love you and good luck.”

 

TBC

Sorry it's short. Once again, a very happy birthday to the hoemate who pretty much created some of the fics that I wrote. To more hoeing in the future! 

Next chapter is Seulgi's...