1/2

kitten on board

 

It all started with Jongin flat out refusing to touch his breakfast for a whole week.

 

When Sehun questioned Jongin the first time, the latter simply mumbled something about feeling ‘weird’ before he nearly fell asleep face down in his cereal bowl. Sehun simply brushed it off, blaming it on all the candy Jongin had stuffed himself with the night before, before he drove them both to work (all whilst Jongin stayed unusually quiet in the passenger seat). Whilst he worked, Sehun promptly forgot all about it until Luhan bounced inside his office and asked Sehun if he could play video games with him instead since Jongin was ‘too busy being boring’. Sehun found himself getting out of his chair before he walked into Luhan and Jongin’s room, only to find the latter curled up in the furthest corner with his tail coiled around his ankle. Initially, Sehun figured that Jongin and Luhan had simply fought until Jongin repeatedly told Sehun how tired he was.

 

As the days passed, Jongin continued to hardly touch his food, even at the expense of overbearing fatigue, which gradually grew worse. Eventually, Sehun resorted to letting Jongin sleep on the couch in his office after it became clear that the latter had no intention of engaging in virtual car chases (or anything, for that matter) with Luhan. Jongin would sleep until it was time to leave, with Luhan ultimately whisper-yelling right in his ear to get him to wake up after five o'clock rolled around. Jongin usually seemed relatively fine and rested afterwards (albeit still far more silent than usual), so Sehun would simply shrug it off before he dropped Luhan off and drove back home.

 

This would continue for four more days until Sehun woke up at seven o'clock as usual on (or the be exact, that) Thursday morning, to the sight of Jongin sleeping soundly on his chest (which Jongin seemed to prefer over a regular pillow). Despite Jongin tossing and turning all night, Sehun didn’t think anything of it as he watched Jongin's eyes flutter open. It wasn't until Sehun opened his mouth to ask Jongin how he was feeling that Jongin suddenly scrambled out of bed and dashed towards the bathroom like a bullet. Sehun figured that it must have been the heaps of work waiting for him at the office distracting him, because he found himself getting dressed whilst thinking nothing of it. However, it wasn’t until Sehun asked Jongin if he wanted a glass of milk, only to receive no response, that he peeked his head in the bathroom. Sehun barely even noticed the vomit stained floor over the sounds of Jongin retching, ears flattened and trembling as he grasped the toilet seat for dear life.

 

Sehun doesn’t recall much after that, but what he does recall is leaving his boss a two second long voicemail before he quite literally forced Jongin, who was still clad in his (filthy) pyjamas, inside the car. Sehun wasn't sure if he ever did his research on flu symptoms in cat hybrids, but he sort of wished he had as he pulled up outside their local doctor’s office, barely remembering to put the parking brake on as he ushered Jongin towards and inside the building. Sehun found himself anxiously bouncing his foot up and down as he sat in the waiting room with Jongin, who happily sat cross legged whilst swatting an electrical cable dangling from a broken light in the ceiling, before he moved on to play with a couple of stuffed animals in the children’s corner (after all of the children vacated the area, of course).

 

After what felt like forever, their names were called, and Sehun nearly suffered a heart attack after Jongin suddenly jumped out from his spot inside the (abnormally large) toy box with a loud squeal, his giggling making Sehun forget why they were even there in the first place. However, Jongin's laughter soon died down after he spotted the tall male clad in a blue shirt with a stethoscope hanging around his neck, and Sehun eventually had to lift Jongin out of the box before Jongin could get a chance to bury himself underneath the sea of stuffed animals. A handful of children rushing towards the children's corner shortly after had Jongin scrambling out from his hiding spot, and he stuck to his promise of not slashing children after one of them (deliberately) stepped on his tail.

 

Inevitably, Jongin shied away from greeting the assistant, who proceeded to show them to a large, white room full of colorful posters and faded Disney stickers on the walls. The blonde doctor waiting for them barely got a chance to close the door before she fetched Jongin a plastic bag, after he panickedly began tugging on Sehun’s sleeve mere minutes after sitting down. Sehun didn’t even get a chance to feel anxious about Jongin vomiting again before she walked up to Jongin and offered him a tissue and a cup of water, both of which Jongin denied whilst he buried his face in Sehun's arm and muttered something about how he wanted to go home and back to bed. She proceeded to ask Jongin how he felt, but Sehun ended up explaining everything instead after it became apparent that Jongin was too busy with gawking at her silver name tag to listen. As Sehun talked, she simply nodded along whilst she jotted things down on a clipboard, at one point calling Jongin "her most adorable and well-behaved patient yet", all whilst Jongin shyly clung to Sehun's arm like a (sleep deprived) baby koala.

 

Sehun recalls anxiously biting his lip as she proceeded to check Jongin’s lungs, throat, ears and eyes (which had Jongin swatting the light out of her hands after hissing loudly) before she asked Jongin to step on a scale across the room. Sehun figured that she probably should have saved the light for last, given that Jongin straight up refused to get out of his chair as he gripped Sehun’s arm tightly. Despite Sehun reassuring Jongin that she wasn't trying to hurt him (not on purpose, at least) and that she was just doing her job, Jongin wouldn’t budge, but he eventually skipped across the room after Sehun ended up asking her to momentarily leave the room (which she was surprisingly fine with, despite Sehun apologizing profusely). 

 

After she went on to question (Sehun about) Jongin's overall health, Sehun sort of expected her to prescribe him some flu medicine before sending them both off, which is why he found himself blinking in surprise when she removed her stethoscope and asked them to follow her down the hallway. They soon ended up outside a white door before a (drop-dead gorgeous, according to both Sehun and Jongin) redhead doctor greeted them. She asked Jongin to enter the room, which Jongin flat out refused, but it wasn’t until she promised him a lollipop that he happily skipped in the door (after he asked them to ‘get rid of’ the blonde nurse, since he didn’t want to share a room with somebody who nearly ‘burned his eyes out’).

 

As he sat on one of the chairs outside, Sehun buried his face in his hands whilst he racked his brain for any possible reason Jongin might be feeling sick. Sehun figured that Jongin eating a few chips off the floor a week earlier might have had something to do with it, but as he continued to think, Sehun honestly couldn’t come up with one logical reason behind Jongin’s drawn out fatigue and sudden series of vomiting. The thought only made Sehun run an anxious hand through his hair, and he figured he probably would have barged into room demanding to know what the matter was with Jongin, if it wasn’t for the door opening shortly after.

 

Now, Sehun isn’t sure what he could have possibly expected, but it certainly wasn’t the sight of Jongin sitting on the edge of a large bed whilst grinning happily (and still wearing his pyjama blouse, which was still covered with dry patches of vomit). Sehun was careful to avoid stepping on the (non empty) puke bag on on the floor as he walked towards Jongin and kissed the latter's forehead. As the redhead handed Jongin a red lollipop, Sehun went on to ask Jongin how he was feeling, to which the latter only responded by twitching his ears and pointing to his clothed stomach. Sehun honestly has no clue why it didn’t just hit him right there and then, but he figured that Jongin leaning forward and subsequently missing Sehun's shoes by an inch as he vomited on the floor, might have had something to do with it.

 

Strangely enough, Jongin didn’t seem all too worried about it, and he simply wiped his mouth with a tissue before he grinned again. “Baby,” he squeed, but Sehun was much more caught up with fetching Jongin a glass of water after hearing just how hoarse he was (from all the puking, Sehun figured). Jongin proceeded to poke his stomach, ears and tail twitching with joy, and Sehun could only watch as Jongin continued to (or rather, slurp) his lollipop as the thoughts continued to spiral around inside his head. 

 

The blonde doctor soon entered the room, but the thought of reminding her to prescribe Jongin flu medicine didn't even strike Sehun once as his gaze continued to flicker back and forth between Jongin and her bright smile (despite Jongin staring daggers at her). Sehun repeatedly told himself that it was simply the relief of finding out that Jongin didn't, in fact, have a deadly disease overcoming him as he watched Jongin chew on the lollipop. The redhead doctor opened  to say something, which had Jongin eagerly squeeing and Sehun absently nodding. 

 

Sehun isn't sure how long he sat in the same spot, gaze unmoving and thoughts cluttered, but the next thing he registered was a black and white and slightly grainy image on the monitor next to the bed. He recalls blinking in awe at the large, black circle taking up most of the frame, and it wasn't until the redhead pointed that Sehun noticed the tiny, white blob at the bottom of said circle. Despite opening and closing his mouth like a goldfish, Sehun didn't even need to ask to know what he was staring at, and he soon found himself preoccupied with contemplating what was stranger - the fact that Jongin was, in fact, carrying their child, or the fact that Jongin was even capable of doing so to begin with. In fact, Sehun momentarily asked himself if it was all just a vivid dream, but he ended up getting his answer when Jongin tackled them both to the floor in a bear hug.

 

After she handed Jongin another of glass of water, she left the room to let Sehun and Jongin talk in private, although majority of their "talk" merely consisted of Sehun staring off into space whilst Jongin clung to him like an excited baby koala. At one point, Sehun found himself subconsciously gripping Jongin's hand as he stared at the (blackened) screen before them. Silence soon filled the room, the only audible sounds being Jongin humming to himself as he swung his legs back and forth and poked his stomach, as well as Sehun's breathing as he repeatedly ran a hand through his hair. Sehun eventually got off the bed, on surprisingly sturdy legs, and walked over to Jongin after the latter skipped towards the many white drawers and began to curiously loot through them. Sehun found himself rearranging the contents of almost every single drawer as Jongin went about exploring the room, all whilst Sehun repeatedly warned him not jump onto the desk. 

 

They found themselves sitting next to each other on the bed a minute later (after Sehun made it certain that Jongin hadn't nicked any shiny, medical objects and hid them in his pockets). Even though Sehun knew he probably looked like a deer caught in headlights, he didn't even bother squashing the warm euphoria that suddenly bubbled in his chest and threatened to send him over the edge. In fact, Sehun would go as far as to say that the sensation coiling in his gut was roughly equal to the numbing joy that flooded his system the moment Jongin accepted his proposal three and a half months earlier. Sehun's eyes subconsciously travelled to Jongin's left hand. Specifically, the silver ring on the latter's finger, which still sported the same, almost blinding shininess as it did when Sehun took it out of its box and slid it on Jongin's ring finger.

 

As Sehun continued to stare at the shiny object for what felt like forever, it suddenly hit him that the idea of creating a family never even crossed his mind up until that point, not that he had any idea why. The thought only made him grab Jongin's hand tighter until the latter whined in pain, and Sehun blames the buzzing in his veins for causing him to wrap his arms around Jongin's shoulders before kissing the latter's lips to the point of bruising. The redhead doctor soon returned and, after congratulating them both, proceeded to dispose of Jongin's puke bag before she patted the latter's head. Jongin nearly knocked over a few cups behind him with his tail as it swished back and forth in excitement, all whilst Sehun continued to pepper his rosy cheeks with kisses.

 

To say that Sehun barely got any work done that following evening would be a vast understatement.

 

 

---

 

 

That day, Sehun came to learn three things (after doing some much needed research) - one of them being that even male cat hybrids could, in fact, become impregnated depending on their level of arousal at the given moment, which Sehun found sort of baffling. But then again, he figured that nothing could beat the state of pure desperation that Jongin fell into after Sehun slid the ring on his finger that night (specifically, after Sehun proceeded to tell Jongin that they would be together forever from that day on). What surprised Sehun the most, though, was just how uncommon male hybrid pregnancies actually were, which only had him wondering just how riled up Jongin must have been as they made love on their bed mere minutes later.

 

The last thing being that whilst Jongin may have been able to go through with pregnancy, it certainly didn't seem to come with any parental instincts whatsoever, which Sehun came to realize seconds after they exited the office building at five o'clock, when Luhan excitedly suggested they hunt birds on the (fifty foot tall) cliffs by the beach. Sehun didn't even bother intervening, since he wholeheartedly believed that Jongin would decline with the intention of protecting their child, which is why he found himself blinking in surprise when Jongin ecstatically jumped up and down in excitement. Sehun only shook his head, and he sort of regretted choosing not to break the news to Luhan hours earlier after the latter threw his hands in the air in protest, which was closely followed by Jongin pouting in disappointment.

 

"It's five o'clock, they're usually out at this hour," Luhan exclaimed, his orange hair blowing in the wind as he put his hands on his hips. "Fine, I'll share, how about that???" He cocked his head and looked at Sehun. "Mom said I could if I was careful, you know, want me to call her so she can tell you???" 

 

Sehun shook his head again. "Not today," he apologetically said before rubbing the small of Jongin's back. A blue butterfly flew by and Sehun prayed Jongin wouldn't get dizzy and vomit again as he zoomed after it. "Maybe some other time, okay?" He adjusted his briefcase, which held a copy of the ultrasound, and sent Luhan a smile.

 

"But I wanna catch birds," Jongin whined before he swatted at the insect and missed its wings by an inch. "Why can't I???" he asked as they made their way towards the car, all whilst he tugged on Sehun's sleeve. "Pleasepleaseplease-"

 

"Come on, you told me you took him to the doctor this morning, right???" Luhan scoffed. "So like, just give him his meds and we'll be on our way!" 

 

Sehun shook his head again. "I'm afraid it's not that simple," he chuckled and unlocked the car. He carefully placed his briefcase in the back seat and jammed the key in the ignition. "Because-"

 

"You shouldn't ever underestimate the power of medicine, y'know," Luhan said as he fiddled with one of the zippers to Sehun's briefcase. "I once-"

 

"I think I'll hurt the baby," Jongin said and poked his stomach. The warm gel that the nurses rubbed on his skin made his shirt stick to his torso, which he sort of hated, but he simply hummed to himself whilst fidgeting with the ring on his finger. Exhaustion coursed through every vein in Jongin's body as Luhan proceeded to ask him 'what the frick he meant', and Jongin did his best to keep his eyes open as he turned his head ever so slightly. "I'm gonna have a baby soon," he said and squeed after Sehun sent him a warm smile. "In like, five months!!"

 

Luhan sat in silence for a minute until he blinked and eventually emitted a drawn out noise of confusion. "...Uh, okay, cool." He blinked again, almost as if his life was flashing before his eyes, and sat up straighter. "Wait, so." He pointed to Jongin before his eyebrows knitted together in wonder, and he cocked his head aside. "Wait, you??? Really??? Wait, you're kidding. You're kidding, right???" Luhan scratched the back of his neck after Jongin shook his head. "Wow, okay." He suddenly looked up. "Wait, isn't that just more reason for y'all to come along???"

 

Sehun raised a curious eyebrow as he shot Luhan a look through the rear view mirror. "What do you-"

 

"I mean, I'm sure it'll be fun for the baby to...y'know, be surrounded by birds and...stuff, don'tcha think?" Luhan asked and to this day, Sehun still wonders if he was being serious or simply trying to get them to go along with his plan. Luhan traced invisible patterns into the window pane, and he muttered something about how hungry he was before he spoke again. "Wait, so like...you're gonna be a parent now? You?? A dad? You're gonna be a dad now? And a husband???" he asked all at once, confusion lacing his words, and it wasn't until Jongin proceeded to ask him what he meant that he casually shrugged . "I dunno, it's just...I always figured parents were...y'know, mature and stuff, like my mom, but I guess I was wrong," Luhan mumbled and seemingly missed the way Sehun chuckled behind the wheel.  

 

Jongin rested his head on Sehun's shoulder as he watched the road up ahead. "But I don't wanna hurt the baby," he whined, almost as if he was teetering between a life and death decision, before he tightened his grip on Sehun's arm. 

 

Luhan sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine, fine, but you owe me." He sends Jongin a look. "As soon as that baby is born, I'm teaching it how to be the best tree climber y'all have ever seen in your lives, 'kay?" With a sigh, he leaned back in his seat before his eyes shot open. "Cause like, we're still best friends, right???" He poked Jongin's shoulder over and over until the latter swatted his hand away. "Right??? Hey-"

 

"Why wouldn't we be??" Jongin mumbled sleepily, playing with his fingers as they stopped at a red light. The thought of something growing inside of him sort of freaked him out, but the thought of the baby inside of him being both his and Sehun's made every ounce of worry dissolve without a trace. After the light turned green, Jongin eyed the ring on his finger, which he had made sure to keep entirely spotless ever since their engagement, and he was suddenly glad that he begged Sehun not to use protection right before they made love that very night (Not that Jongin had any clue what it would lead to at the time). A wave of nausea suddenly hit him and caused him to whine loudly. "Sehun, I'm-"

 

"Cause, like, I dunno, I've heard people tend to change after y'know, marriage and stuff, like Dad did, but don't take my word for-" Luhan didn't get to finish his sentence before Jongin suddenly threw the car door open, and Luhan stuck his tongue out in disgust when Jongin vomited all over the road below. Since he hadn't bothered to fasten his seatbelt before they drove off, Luhan flew forward and nearly collided with Sehun's seat after Sehun slammed on the brakes in surprise, which in turn caused Jongin to tumble out and onto the road with a squawk. Luhan could only watch as the incoming cars quickly began to swerve left and right to avoid colliding with Jongin, who certainly wasn't making things easier as he scampered around in a blind panic.

 

The next ten minutes consisted of Sehun scrambling out of his seat, nearly forgetting to put the parking brake on again as he rushed out onto the road, after hurriedly telling Luhan to stay where he was. Thankfully, majority of the cars had come to a complete stop at that point, which had Sehun nearly collapsing with relief. That's not to say that the people within said cars felt the same way, and Sehun could only nod apologetically as he attempted to finagle himself through the maze of awkwardly placed vehicles in search of Jongin. The thought of Jongin getting lost amongst the sea of vehicles was enough to make Sehun want to vomit himself, but he shoved the thought away before passing a motorcyclist sending him dirty looks.

 

To the sounds of drivers honking their horns (which Sehun knew was probably scaring Jongin half to death, wherever the latter may have been), Sehun finally located Jongin after five whole minutes of searching. Or, to be precise, a family of six located Jongin, who managed to open the doors to the back of their van before scrambling inside in an attempt to get away from all the people yelling and honking at him. Sehun rushed over just as the mother attempted to drag Jongin out by the ankles, to which the latter responded by slashing her in the face. It wasn't until her husband went on to say something about getting their dog to chase Jongin away that Sehun attempted to coax Jongin back out. As Jongin pressed his body against the backs of the seats, face red and splotchy with tears, Sehun suddenly noticed Jongin keeping a protective arm around his stomach, but he didn't get a chance to react before the four young children inside the vehicle suddenly began screaming for their parents. In the commotion, Jongin scrambled to his his hands and knees before vomiting again, and Sehun thankfully managed to drag Jongin out before the couple could beat him to a pulp for throwing up all over their shoes.

 

Luhan pressed his hands up against the windows upon seeing Sehun and Jongin appear from behind a row of cars. "What took y'all so long?" he asked whilst fastening his seatbelt, before he watched as Sehun gently ushered Jongin into the passenger's seat (after making sure not to step in the puddle of fresh vomit on the ground). Luhan simply mumbled something along the lines of 'That was weird' as Sehun wordlessly got behind the wheel before closing and locking all the doors.

 

Sehun steered with one hand as Jongin clung to his arm whilst sobbing loudly, and it wasn't until Luhan asked what happened for the sixth time that Sehun pulled up in his driveway before asking Luhan to fetch some paper towels from the trunk. Sehun carefully wiped Jongin's mouth and chin whilst Luhan hunted sparrows near the front porch. Much to Sehun's relief, Jongin seemed to have done an amazing job at dodging the incoming cars, since he didn't have a single scratch anywhere, but Sehun found himself checking every square inch of Jongin's body for injuries, anyway.

 

After thankfully finding none, Sehun reached behind him and rummaged through his briefcase in the back seat. He soon retrieved the small bottle containing the pills the doctor prescribed them earlier that morning (specifically to combat pregnancy induced nausea in male hybrids in the third to eighth month, which Sehun found a little too specific), and dumped two into his palm. Sehun wholeheartedly expected Jongin to refuse and throw temper tantrum, but he ended up kissing Jongin's forehead after he wordlessly swallowed both of them without protest. As much as Sehun wanted to reward Jongin with ice cream for being so good, the redhead doctor's lecture about the effect of sugar on a pregnant hybrid's mood swings popped into his head, so he opted to ruffle Jongin's hair instead.

 

"God, I'm so sorry," Sehun sighed and ran a hand through his hair and kissing Jongin's cheek. "I didn't mean to-- I got surprised." He made a mental note to lock every single door before driving off (and to take it easy on the brakes) before he shook his head. "I'm sorry--" He went silent after seeing Jongin wordlessly poking his stomach. "What's the matter?"

 

Jongin was silent for a minute, a lock of black hair falling in his face whilst he bit his lip in worry. "Do you think they hurt the baby?" he asked, so quietly that Sehun barely caught it, as he continued to gently poke his stomach with his finger.

 

Sehun opened his mouth to speak, only to close it seconds later. "I don't...did they--" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Did they...did they hit you here?" He gestured at Jongin's stomach, to which the latter responded by shrugging and shaking his head. Sehun watched Jongin's ears twitch anxiously, and it wasn't until the latter asked him to 'check it' that Sehun blinked. "What do you-"

 

"But what if they hurt it," Jongin exclaimed, the panic in his voice doing little to calm Sehun's nerves, as he grabs the latter's arm. "We need to check if it's okay, we need to, we need to--!!" 

 

Eventually, Sehun ended up hightailing it back to the doctor's office as soon as Jongin threatened to leave the car, presumably to walk there, after quickly dropping Luhan off at his own house. It wasn't until he (half-assedly) parked the car and stepped inside the familiar, white building that every ounce of bottled up anxiousness flooded Sehun's system at once. Jongin, being the incoherent, nervous mess he was, did nothing to calm Sehun's nerves and Sehun eventually had to sit down for a few moments before he gathered up enough energy to stand up and follow Jongin to the elevators. Sehun felt himself relax ever so slightly when the redhead doctor from earlier greeted them, and he felt himself grabbing Jongin's hand impossibly tight as they walked into the room.

 

It soon became apparent, after they crossed the threshold, that Jongin began having second thoughts (if his tail puffing up many times its size was anything to go by), and he straight up refused to lie down despite Sehun telling him that there was nothing to worry about. The redhead subsequently entered the room before she asked Jongin to 'please take a seat', and Sehun regretted informing Jongin that the bed wasn't big enough for two after the latter immediately burst into tears. Jongin continued to refuse to even go near the bed until he eventually curled up underneath the bed, before she handed him a teddy bear, which he tossed clear across the room as he threw a hissy fit. It wasn't until Jongin was offered a giant, blueberry flavored lollipop that he came back, out, and he found himself biting down on the hard candy, ears twitching in contentment whilst Sehun held his hand and explained the situation to the redhead (whose calm demeanor made Sehun want to crawl under the bed and hide himself).

 

Eventually, Jongin found himself lying on the lumpy mattress and crunching the lollipop. Sehun opted to comment on how blue Jongin's tongue was, which reduced the latter to a giggling mess, in an attempt to distract him whilst she spread the warm, jelly-like substance all over his stomach. Sehun barely registered the grainy ultrasound (which hadn't changed at all since that morning) on the monitor over the wave of relief that came over him after she informed them that the baby was entirely unharmed. Jongin, who seemed to have recovered from his meltdown, grinned as he eyed the image on the screen. As she turned off the monitor, Jongin went on to tell her all about 'his friend with hair that looked just like hers', to which she jokingly responded by asking to meet them one day. It wasn't until Jongin proceeded to (casually) ask her if anything bad would happen to the baby if Sehun were to come inside of him, which had her blushing profusely, that Sehun quickly thanked her and ushered Jongin out of the room.

 

 

 

---

 

 

As he picked at his dinner that evening, Jongin hummed to himself as he watched Sehun do the dishes by the sink. Still shivering from the cold shower he'd taken an hour earlier, Jongin continued to try to stack the meatballs on his plate on top of each other until Sehun turned around and sent him a look. After his meatball tower promptly fell apart, Jongin forced himself to swallow a few of them before he shoved his plate aside and poked his stomach. At some point during Sehun's talk with the pretty doctor, Jongin managed to pick up that the baby was estimated to arrive in exactly five months if everything went according to plan, and the thought made Jongin swing his legs back and forth in glee. It suddenly hit him that the baby was probably hungry, and the mere thought of it starving to death was enough to make Jongin clear his plate in a matter of minutes. He ended up getting a bad case of the hiccups afterwards, but Jongin didn't seem to mind as hummed to himself and continued to poke his stomach.

 

Sehun turned around and smiled (mainly because, up to that point, Jongin hadn't eaten properly for an entire week). "Well look at you," he chuckled, dishwater trickling down his arm as he nodded at Jongin's empty plate.  "You've only got those left now," he added and pointed to Jongin's glass. Sehun sent Jongin an encouraging look after Jongin only pouted. "You did such a good job earlier, remember?"

 

Jongin bit his lip as he eyed the two white pills sitting next to his glass. He hadn't (and still hasn't) told Sehun, but the main reason he ended up scarfing the pills earlier was solely due to the fact that his brain was far too tired to protest (which momentarily made him immune to the rancid taste and aftertaste), and even though he was drop dead exhausted - to the point that he could fall off his chair right there and then, Jongin simply shook his head in protest. "I don't wanna."

 

"You'll feel a lot better, I promise," Sehun said, shivering as he recalled Jongin vomiting all across the inside of the van earlier. Even though he wasn't too worried about Jongin's eating habits, since he had been told that Jongin's appetite was estimated to return by the start of the fourth month, Sehun knew that getting Jongin to take his medicine would be a whole nother matter. "If you feel good, the baby will feel the same way, remember that," he added and chuckled after Jongin scrambled to place the pills on his tongue.

 

Grimacing as they travelled down his throat, Jongin placed his empty glass back on the table and began to groom his right ear. "When should we tell Chanyeol and Baekhyun???" he suddenly asked with a face splitting grin. 

 

Sehun sent Jongin a smile. "Whenever you feel like it," he replied and placed a loving kiss on Jongin's forehead. "I think it's late evening in Paris right now, so I think it's fine," he added and ruffled Jongin's hair after the latter's ears and tail straightened in excitement. "Baekhyun's probably still at work, so let's start with Chanyeol, alright?" he asked with a kiss to Jongin's hair. The thought of having a tiny version of Jongin running around the house in a little less than five months was enough to make Sehun giddy, and he had to tighten his grip around Jongin's shoulders before he could topple over.

 

Jongin beamed. "I wanna tell him now!" he squeed and nearly fell out of his seat as he scrambled for his phone. He had sort of hoped that he could break the news to Chanyeol face to face, and quite frankly, Jongin still doesn't understand why aspiring lawyers constantly feel the need to be sent on random vacations all across the globe, but he shoved the thought away before dialling Chanyeol's number. Jongin put the phone by his ear, hoping he wasn't hurting the baby as he perched himself on the chair.

 

Chanyeol picked up after the third ring. "Heyo," he sing-songed as Jongin went on to hear the loud sounds of rushing traffic in the background (Sehun wouldn't have been surprised if Chanyeol was sitting and enjoying himself at some fancy Parisian street café right then and there). "You know I get back on Saturday," he hummed with a chuckle. "Missed me that much, I take it? Anyway, did you know cafés here stay open 'til like, midnight? Crazy stuff, man-"

 

"I have something to tell you, I have something to tell you," Jongin squeed, far too excited to even acknowledge Chanyeol's question as he bounced up and down in excitement. "I have something to-"

 

"Wait, hold on," Chanyeol said, the sound of traffic increasing before it gradually grew distant. "Could barely hear anything over this goddamn noise," he muttered in irritation before clearing his throat. "Okay, so like, did you hear??? Y'know, the thing about cafés being-"

 

"We're gonna have a baby!!" Jongin squealed, ears twitching in all directions as Sehun gave him a tight squeeze. He looked down and poked his stomach, sort of hoping he would feel a kick. A wave of fatigue suddenly washed over him and Jongin wondered if his and Sehun's bed would be big enough for three people later on (Jongin figured he would need to convince Sehun to purchase a bigger bed if it turned out not to be). For a second, all Jongin heard was the faint sound of cars rushing by, and he was just about to ask if Chanyeol might have gotten run over by a French tour bus when the latter finally spoke again.

 

Chanyeol was silent for a minute. "...Okay," he mumbled, clearly not having expected that, and Sehun could practically see him blinking in surprise whilst standing on the streets of Paris. "That's...wait, are you for real or are you just ing with me? I swear, if-"

 

"It'll be born in five months," Jongin said, nearly twisting his tongue as he hurriedly spoke. Another wave of fatigue overcame him and nearly caused him to fall off his chair, so he hopped down to the floor before dragging Sehun towards the stairs. He tried his best not to trip and fall flat on his face as they made their way upstairs to the bedroom. "So I'm gonna be a mature parent now!" he added and grinned to himself after he realized that Luhan would no longer have the power to call him a kitten anymore as soon as the baby was born.

 

For a second, all that was heard was a series of rumbles before Chanyeol spoke again. ", Jongin, congrats, that's goddamn great," he chuckled. "Have you told Baekhyun yet? Dude's gonna freak out for sure." The loud sound of crunching gravel filled Jongin's ears, probably due to Chanyeol pacing back and forth. "When'd y'all find the time to get a surrogate, anyway?" He asked and cleared his throat after Jongin grew silent. "Y'know, the woman carrying your kid?"

 

Jongin blinked and cocked his head aside. He flopped down on the mattress, watching as Sehun placed his briefcase in the corner of the room. Jongin seriously hoped he wouldn't die of exhaustion right there and then - since that would mean the baby dying, which was enough to make him want to stay awake for five months straight. "It's my baby," he said with a pout and instinctively looked down at his stomach. He walked over to Sehun's briefcase and ped it before retrieving out the copy of the ultrasound, securely sealed inside a transparent folder. "Well, and Sehun's, but mostly mine, I think," Jongin giggled, a grin spreading across his face as he stared at the image.

 

"Yeah, but she does all of the...y'know, work," Chanyeol chuckled and cleared his throat. "No but seriously, I don't recall Sehun mentioning anything about a surrogate, were y'all planning on keeping it a secret, or what?" He was silent for a minute. "That's frickin' awesome though, I'll make sure to-"

 

"But it's my baby," Jongin loudly whined before Sehun turned to look at him. "So-"

 

"Dude, I know that," Chanyeol sheepishly laughed. "I'm just saying I'm impressed that Sehun managed to find-"

 

"But he didn't find anyone," Jongin huffed, tail swaying back and forth as his eyes trailed across the image. After Sehun climbed into bed to join him, Jongin rolled onto his stomach, hoping he wasn't making the baby uncomfortable as he rested his head against Sehun's broad shoulders. Jongin absently fiddled with the phone, hoping Chanyeol couldn't hear the series of loud purrs escaping his throat after Sehun proceeded to scratch the back of his ears. "And-"      

 

Chanyeol fell into silence yet again, seemingly oblivious, before he audibly groaned. "So you were pulling my leg?" he huffed. "Goddamn you, Jongin, it's like, midnight here, at least wait 'til morning if you're gonna call and keep me up with ty jokes like this-"

 

"But it's not a joke!!" Jongin squawked as he fought an impulse to smack Chanyeol through the phone for calling his and Sehun's baby a 'ty joke'. "Sehun asked if I wanted to marry him and we did it and now-"

 

"Oh, okay," Chanyeol sighed in exasperation. "So you mean to tell me that you're pregnant with Sehun's baby," he deadpanned, to which Jongin responded with a loud squeal. "Dude, this is like, a million times weirder than when Sehun tried to convince us he wasn't terrified of pirates like a hundred years ago," he said and seemingly ignored Sehun's loud scoff. "...Anyway, the waffles here are just lovely-"

 

"I am!!!" Jongin exclaimed, momentarily wondering if the image before him might have been a vivid hallucination as he bit his lip. He anxiously coiled his tail around Sehun's ankle, before Sehun kissed his cheek in response. "I'm not lying," he whined, a pout appearing on his face after Chanyeol loudly sighed . "Why do you-"

 

"Jongin, you can't have kids, is this some sort of trick question or what," Chanyeol (nervously) chuckled before he sighed again, seemingly as he contemplated his entire existence. "Anyway, I'll send y'all a postcard if I can find one for an appropriate price," he said, about to hang up when Sehun greeted him (after Jongin handed him the phone with a loud whine). "Oh, hey."

 

"Hey," Sehun hummed, carding his fingers through Jongin's hair as the latter tugged at the sheets in irritation. Sehun rubbed the small of Jongin's back as Chanyeol went on to talk about the 'wonders of Paris', before he the loudspeaker. Jongin shot his head up off the mattress when Chanyeol's loud voice suddenly filled the entire room. He watched, ears twitching, as Sehun proceeded to snap a photo of the ultrasound before he texted it to Chanyeol, all whilst the latter rambled on and on about how 'bloody expensive' everything was in Paris and how distraught he was that none of the French girls would notice him. 

 

It didn't take long for Chanyeol to go silent mid rant, and Jongin tried not to burst into laughter when Chanyeol didn't say anything for several minutes. "Wait, is this-- What the  is-- Are y'all bullting me right now?" Chanyeol went silent again before he sighed, presumably after seeing Jongin's name in the upper right hand corner. ", man, this is real," he muttered, almost as if he was trying to convince himself, before he spoke. "...Okay, fine, fine, you got me...I guess." He exhaled slowly. "Okay, so...decided on a...uh, name yet?"

 

As Sehun carded his fingers through his hair, Jongin looked up at the ceiling (after he realized that laying on his stomach definitely made the baby uncomfortable). "I wanna wait until we find out if it's a boy or a girl," he hummed, rubbing his stomach as he grinned. "That means we can bring it with us to the park and teach it how to fish, right????" Jongin sat up and nuzzled his face in the crook of Sehun's neck. "I want Luhan to teach it how to hunt well!!" Jongin poked Sehun's cheek over and over until Sehun eventually pretended to bite down on his finger, which made Jongin recoil with a yelp.

 

"Isn't it better if you teach it other things, such as, y'know, paying bills and tax loans and heartbreak and stuff?" Chanyeol snorted before he cleared his throat. "Okay, so like, not to sound weird, but...like, do you know which one of y'all it's gonna look like? Or do they not tell you that?" he asked and huffed upon receiving no response. "I meant, will it have ears and a tail or not?" He only huffed in exasperation after being met with silence yet again. "Like that's the one weird thing in all this--"

 

"I hope the baby will look like me," Jongin said, almost dreamily, as his ears twitched in wonder. "I mean, I want it to look like Sehun, too," he added for good measure and playfully tugged on Sehun's blond locks, until Sehun threatened to tickle him.

 

"It's going to look like y'all whether you want it to or not, y'know," Chanyeol laughed before he cleared his throat. "No but like, that's awesome, man, I'm happy for y'all, really," he said after a while before he went on to complain about the cold. "Lemme be the first one to see it after it's born, 'kay??"

 

Jongin only hummed something under his breath as he stared at the white ceiling above. As Chanyeol proceeded to ramble on and on about French cuisine and how much he would be willing to move to Paris for the rest of his life (despite being unable to speak a of French), Jongin wanted to remind Chanyeol that he would, most likely, be the first one to see the baby after it was born, but decided not to. At one point, Jongin grew bored of rolling around on the sheets whilst he listened to Sehun and Chanyeol talk about God knows what, so he opted to move into a cross legged position and play with his tail instead. Jongin was sort of glad that Sehun made him take his medicine a few minutes earlier, because, given how quickly he sat up, Jongin knew it would have gotten messy real quick otherwise.

 

Poking his stomach, Jongin nuzzled his face in Sehun's chest. It suddenly came to his realization that he never got an answer to his question earlier, so he poked Sehun's arm with his free hand. "Will something bad happen to the baby if you come inside me again??" he asked, perhaps a little louder than necessary, given Chanyeol's awkward cough that seemed to echo off of every wall in the room.

 

"Okay, so like, anyway," Chanyeol hurriedly said before Sehun could respond, "I think my cousin still has a few of her old baby clothes stashed away in her basement somewhere, if y'all stop being so weird I might ask her to lend y'all some." He went on to remark just how 'goddamn weird' it was for a 28 year old woman to still own clothes from her infant days before he cleared his throat. "So? How about it?"

 

Jongin grinned. He sort of wanted to tell Chanyeol that he wanted the baby to walk around the house wearing something with the same pattern on it as the infamous Christmas sweater Chanyeol wore last year, but he decided not to in worry of Chanyeol taking back his suggestion. "Are they nice???" he asked, playing with Sehun's hair.

 

"I haven't seen them since she was like, newborn, as in, no clue," Chanyeol replied before he cursed loudly. "My phone's about to die and I promised my client in Tokyo I'd call her back ten minutes ago," he grumbled and he went on to complain about the difficulties of keeping up with timezones before he congratulated them again, muttered something along the lines of 'Au revoir', and hung up.

 

Sehun handed Jongin his phone before he carefully picked up the image of the ultrasound and stared at it. Sehun wasn't sure if it was simply a soon-to-be-parent thing, but he found himself unable to squash the warmth that bubbled in his gut as he eyed at the tiny, oval shaped blob before him. The surprise that erupted in his chest upon hearing the news that morning still lingered in his veins, which had Sehun wishing he had done a better job at doing his research, although he figured he probably would have been just as surprised regardless. Sehun was suddenly glad that he not only decided against quitting his job two weeks earlier (due to a new trainee, Lee Taemin, being introduced to their department), but that he also just so happened to be the oldest out of five siblings, which Sehun figured gave him somewhat of a kickstart as he watched Jongin poke his stomach.

 

"Where's it gonna sleep??" Jongin squeed and pointed to the space between their pillows. "It's gonna sleep here, right???" He grinned widely, his ears nearly falling right off from how much they twitched excitement, before he made a mental note to ask Luhan if his mother would have anything against knitting the baby its very own blanket to sleep under. Jongin only pouted after he recalled his tendency to roll over and cling to Sehun in his sleep, so he figured that perhaps the baby should sleep at the foot of the bed instead, to avoid accidentally injuring it.

 

Sehun chuckled. "It'll be too little to sleep with us at first," he said as he sat up and picked up the image. He got off the bed before walking over to their shared bedside table and carefully placing it inside the top drawer. It didn't take long for him to realize that there was little to no space for a crib anywhere inside the bedroom, but Sehun soon figured that they could either move the desk (which Sehun hadn't been bothered to fix since it broke down over a year earlier) or get rid of it entirely, and place the crib in its place instead. "How about if we place the crib here instead?" Sehun asked and gestured at the desk, before he scratched the back of his head.

 

Jongin blinked. "But I want it to sleep with us," he said with a pout as his tail swayed above his head. He honestly didn't, and will probably never, understand the logic behind introducing your own child to the world, only to have it sleep ten feet away from you every night, but he didn't tell Sehun about it.

 

"It'll only be in the crib for a short while, don't worry," Sehun replied and kissed Jongin's forehead. "But what do you say?" He gestured behind him again. Figuring it wouldn't be a problem, since he mostly worked at the kitchen table or on the living room couch, he brushed his hands together and sent Jongin a smile. Sehun suddenly remembered all the colorful baby mobiles that his mother would hang above his sibling's cribs when they were babies, and he found himself grinning widely at the thought of their (hybrid) child standing up in its crib and swatting the mobiles dangling above its head. 

 

"Okay, we can put it there, I think," Jongin said, making Sehun flinch, as he pointed to the desk. He recalled walking past a mother with a stroller on the streets a few days before he started feeling sick and tired, and Jongin's eyes filled with stars as he imagined him and Sehun pushing their baby in a stroller on their way to play with Luhan at the park. "We need a stroller to push it in and clothes and--" Jongin nearly tumbled off the bed in excitement as he wildly gestured with his hands in all directions. "We can take it to the playground every day!! Right???" He looked up at Sehun with twinkling eyes.

 

Sehun ruffled Jongin's hair. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, okay?" He pat Jongin's head before checking his watch, glad that it was Friday the next day, because all he really wanted (and needed) was some time to sit down and organize his thoughts, which had all been reduced to a cluttered mess inside his head. Sehun could practically feel his heart melting to a pile of mush as he watched Jongin poke his stomach. "Brush your teeth and get ready for bed now-"

 

"Can we get it a toothbrush that plays music??" Jongin squeed, figuring they would get the baby an electric toothbrush, one that played popular Disney songs on loop, as he skipped inside the bathroom. He went on to suggest that they get the baby a set of Winnie the Pooh pyjamas, to match their giant plushies, to which Sehun only responded by ruffling Jongin's hair. As Jongin brushed his teeth, he eyed his reflection and made a mental note to ask Sehun to trim his bangs in the near future before he spoke, words muffled as he accidentally spat toothpaste on the floor. "Can we tell Baekhyun tomorrow???"

 

Sehun nodded as he fixed his hair. "Sure we can," he said before he wiped toothpaste from the corners of Jongin's mouth. It wasn't until Jongin suggested that they tell Jongdae, as well, that Sehun stilled. From what Chanyeol had told him, Jongdae was scheduled to be released from the psychiatric hospital he had been held in for the past year in roughly four months, and Sehun subconsciously wrapped a protective arm around Jongin's waist as the latter continued to brush his teeth. Even though Sehun was highly aware of the fact that Jongin wouldn't have anything against breaking the news to Jongdae, Sehun solemnly swore on his life that there was no way he would ever be letting Jongin exchange as much as a word with Jongdae, much less allowing Jongdae anywhere near their child, as long as he lived. "Let's just stick to Chanyeol and Baekhyun, okay?"

 

Thankfully, Jongin noded without protesting, and he simply put his toothbrush back in its cup before he skipped out of the bathroom. Jongin momentarily wondered, as he slid his shirt over his head, if sleeping on his stomach would somehow harm the baby, so he opted to lie flat on his back instead (whilst he prayed he wouldn't end up tossing and turning too much during the night) after kicking his jeans off and crawling into bed. Jongin stared at the ceiling, subconsciously poking his stomach, before he noticed Sehun exiting the bathroom with a glass of water in his hand. Jongin's ears twitched in wonder as Sehun walked up to his side of the bed, but he quickly felt them droop upon seeing the two pills in his hand.

 

"I don't wanna," Jongin groaned and placed his pillow on top of his head, figuring he would much rather feel a little bit ill than endure the horrid taste of the medication. However, Jongin instantly took it back after a wave of nausea suddenly hit him out of nowhere, and the next thing he knew, he was scrambling into a sitting position before practically inhaling them both. Jongin tried convinced himself that puking in the middle of the night would be a far less exciting option, so he forced himself to swallow before flopping back down on the mattress. He momentarily wondered if Sehun might have given him sleeping pills instead, since Jongin found himself unable to keep his eyes open as Sehun praised him and laid down beside him.

 

Jongin laid awake for a few moments, and he barely registered the feeling of Sehun gently rubbing his stomach before he was out like a light.

 

 

---

 

 

Sehun kept a tight grip on Jongin's hand as they approached the crossing before the large, white building across the road. Cars zoomed by as Jongin repeatedly slammed his hand against the button to signal the green light, and Sehun momentarily wondered if they should have called Baekhyun and set up a time instead, after worrying that the latter most likely had a ton of work to do at the clinic on Fridays (not to mention Sehun had no idea when, and even if Baekhyun even worked evening shifts). Sehun didn't even get a chance to think about it when the light turned green, and the next thing he knew, Jongin was dragging him across the road and eagerly pointing to the large building. 

 

The scent of a hundred of different dogs didn't seem to faze Jongin in the slightest as he zoomed past the threshold and practically turned the entire first floor upside down in search of Baekhyun. Over the sounds of birds chirping, dogs growling and hamsters running in their wheels, Sehun managed to calm Jongin down before they walked up to the front desk and asked to see Byun Baekhyun. The receptionist simply nodded and got on the phone without making Sehun sign a single form, much to his surprise. 

 

The next few minutes were spent trying to get Jongin to put back a handful of kitty treats, which he seemingly swiped from the bowl on the counter whilst Sehun wasn't looking. Despite the woman behind the front desk assuring Sehun that they were, in fact, free to take, Sehun made Jongin return half of them, anyway (Jongin's excuse of snacks making the baby happy because they made him happy apparently wasn't good enough for Sehun). Sehun recalls the surprise that hit him (and all the dirty looks they received) after Jongin bursted into tears and wailed at the top of his lungs, which in turn caused every single animal inside the waiting room freak out. Sehun blamed himself for waking Jongin up early, to get the latter to take his morning pills, whilst he calmed Jongin down as far away from the growling dogs as possible.

 

As Jongin tearfully nibbled on the treats, Sehun rubbed the small of his back whilst kissing his cheek, before an old man entered the waiting room with four German Shepherds on a single, thread-like leash. To this day, still Sehun finds it difficult to describe the utter relief that washed over him after Baekhyun came around the corner five seconds later, effectively saving Jongin (and possibly Sehun) a mental breakdown as Sehun quickly ushered Jongin towards Baekhyun, whose face immediately lit up upon seeing them.

 

After Baekhyun proceeded to jokingly ask Sehun what was wrong with the patient, he showed them to a white room with a metal table in the center. He apologetically said something about the break room being occupied before he removed his gloves and gave Jongin and Sehun his complete and undivided attention. Jongin, who was now a grinning mess, didn't even give Baekhyun a chance sit down before he excitedly broke the news, all whilst he tried, and failed, to swipe Baekhyun's shiny nametag. Sehun was suddenly glad that Baekhyun chose to pursue a career involving animals, and thus developed 'an Einstein like understanding of hybrids' (according to Baekhyun, at least), since Baekhyun seemed to wrap his head around the situation immediately (far better than Chanyeol, at least), and Sehun came dangerously close to crashing into a file drawer after Baekhyun proceeded to tackle him (and Jongin) in a bone crushing hug, before he proceeded to congratulate them at least seventeen times.

 

At some point during Jongin's fifteen minute long rant about all about the things they were planning on doing once the baby was born, he ended up getting distracted by a hamster in a cage on one of the shelves (after trying, and failing, to grab the stethoscope hanging around Baekhyun's neck). As Jongin skipped towards it, Baekhyun went on to congratulate Sehun for the eighteenth time before he asked the latter how many months Jongin was in. After hearing Sehun's reply of 'three and a half', Baekhyun nodded before he went on to inform Sehun about Jongin's upcoming 'appetite boom' (which made Sehun exhale in relief, considering Jongin hadn't eaten properly in a week up to that point). Baekhyun also proceeded to inform (or, as Sehun would come to realize, warn) him about Jongin's upcoming mood swings, which not only tended to hit after the three month mark, but which Baekhyun also predicted could strike at any time ('Just so you'll be prepared', he said with an wink in Sehun's direction). 

 

Mentally taking notes, Sehun, despite initially deciding against it, took it upon himself to ask Baekhyun exactly how everything was supposed to go down after five months (because he figured that if there was anybody he could trust with that question, it was Baekhyun and Baekhyun only). Baekhyun hummed in understanding, and Sehun subsequently felt sixteen years old again and in Biology class as Baekhyun went on to explain that all hybrids were born with a reproductive sac located near the abdominal region, and whilst a female's sac was connected to her reproductive organs, and thus birthed the traditional way, male hybrids required a surgical procedure closely resembling that of a c-section, which had Sehun visibly tensing (even though he honestly didn't know what else to expect).

 

After Jongin skipped over and proceeded to ask them 'what a sea section was', Baekhyun continued to tell Sehun, who didn't even bother hiding his concerned expression, that he shouldn't be worried about Jongin not showing much towards the final month, given how well hidden a male's sac is within the body. At some point during Baekhyun's lecture, Sehun suddenly recalled the alarming rareness of male hybrid pregnancies, and he was sort of really glad that Jongin happened to be preoccupied with the hamster as he cautiously questioned Baekhyun about the success rate of said procedure. After Baekhyun jokingly reminded Sehun that this was supposed to be one of the happiest times of his life, after noticing the latter biting his nails, he went on to inform them about the seven documented male hybrid births as of late 2016, all of which turned out successful, with all seven babies being born healthy and happy, which had Sehun feeling slightly better (and also realizing that Baekhyun definitely saved him hours worth of extensive research in just ten minutes, which Sehun couldn't have been more thankful for).

 

During their short stay at the clinic, Sehun not only ended up learning all about the process itself, but that the baby was guaranteed to be born a hybrid (since all documented hybrid pregnancies subsequently resulted in hybrid offspring), which Baekhyun told them after Jongin mentioned how much he hoped the baby would look like him. After practically bouncing off the walls in excitement, Jongin cheerfully skipped over and plopped himself in Sehun's lap before Baekhyun excused himself and left the room. Sehun found himself wrapping his arms around Jongin's waist impossibly tight before Baekhyun returned a minute later with a small, white bottle in his hands. Baekhyun went on to remark just how strange he thought it was that his colleagues were 'forced' to take a six month long course dedicated to hybrid anatomy during training, despite merely receiving three hybrid patients per month, Jongin included, as he wrote something down on a slip of paper and glued it to the bottle.

 

'Might help,' Baekhyun chuckled shortly after after capping the pen, sliding the bottle across the table and sending Sehun a wink. When Sehun only reassured Baekhyun that it most likely wouldn't be an issue, Baekhyun only chuckled knowingly before congratulating them again, assuring them that he would always be a phone call away if they needed anything, before he received a call from his boss. He muttered something about needing to prepare a puppy for an X-ray before he sent Sehun an apologetic look, to which the latter only responded with a nod of understanding. Seeing no reason not to trust Baekhyun, Sehun eyed the bottle in his hands before shoving it in his pocket. As they waved goodbye to Baekhyun, who soon left the room, Sehun kissed Jongin's cheek, making a mental note to only give the latter his "mood" medicine when the situation called for it (since Sehun knew he wouldn't be forcing Jongin to consume drugs for something he was pretty much an expert at handling, anyway). 

 

However, despite Baekhyun telling them 'any time', Sehun had absolutely no idea that that would end up being one hour later, which became apparent after they got home and Sehun went to pour Jongin a glass of milk. Sehun merely brushed it off as Jongin feeling tired from a day at the office after the latter loudly complained about the glass being too full. It wasn't until Sehun attempted to hand Jongin the glass anyway that a single tear suddenly rolled down Jongin's cheek, and Sehun found himself unable to act for a full minute after Jongin curled up on the floor in a sobbing, wailing, mess. Sehun eventually had to pour some of the milk out before fetching the bottle Baekhyun prescribed him, all whilst Jongin angrily thumped his tail against the floorboards and clawed at Sehun's ankles.

 

In the commotion, Sehun managed to place the pills on Jongin's tongue, both of which the latter swallowed in his hysteric state. Figuring it take at least half an hour for them to kick in, Sehun found himself blinking in astonishment after Jongin simply stood up half a minute later before he wiped his eyes and tackled Sehun to the floor in a bone crushing hug, tears streaming down his face as he repeatedly told Sehun how sorry he was. Sehun simply kissed Jongin's forehead and rubbed the small of his back in a reassuring manner, all whilst Jongin downed the entire glass of milk in one swig.

 

 

---

 

 

As the weeks went by, Sehun gradually grew accustomed to Jongin's mood swings which, just like Baekhyun said, would strike at any time, at any place and could last for up to hours at a time. At some point, Sehun eventually figured out that Jongin had a tendency to grow exceptionally fussy minutes before his outburst, which made it a lot easier for Sehun to give Jongin his medicine. Unfortunately, Sehun ended up figuring that out the day after he had to endure Jongin's first major (three hour long) outburst, after Luhan beat Jongin at one of their video games two weeks ago. Luckily for Sehun, his boss just so happened to be tied up in a five hour conference at the time, since it took two hours of rubbing Jongin's back on the couch in his office to get him to calm down, all whilst Jongin clung to Sehun for dear life.

 

For the most part, albeit after a slight amount of coaxing, Jongin would down Baekhyun's pills without much hesitation, which Sehun greatly appreciated. However, Sehun soon came to learn two things; one of them being that as the days passed, it became more and more apparent that Jongin would go out of his way to avoid taking his nausea medication no matter what it took, even at the expense of vomiting all over himself (which he ended up doing one fine Tuesday morning, before he got a chance to take Baekhyun's morning pills, which resulted in Sehun needing to bathe a crying, vomit stained Jongin at four in the morning, all whilst Jongin yelled at Sehun for making the water too hot since it might hurt the baby). 

 

That, and that Baekhyun definitely wasn't lying when he promised an increase in Jongin's appetite. Despite Sehun taking it upon himself to stock the shelves a day after their talk with Baekhyun, he certainly wasn't expecting to wake up three days later to a half empty bed, only to be met with the sight of Jongin sitting cross legged on the kitchen table and stuffing his face with candy, after having raided the entire pantry. Sehun soon found himself quadrupling his weekly trips to the grocery store, which mostly consisted of Jongin begging Sehun to buy him chocolate milk (an unusual craving that Baekhyun apparently forgot to tell him about). At first, Sehun drove to the grocery store in spite of Jongin refusing to take Baekhyun's pills, seeing no reason for Jongin to freak out in such a plain location. Sehun immediately regretted it, though, after he scolded Jongin for placing eighteen cartons of chocolate milk in the shopping cart whilst he wasn't looking.

 

Now, despite Baekhyun not mentioning anything about it, Sehun was convinced that Baekhyun's pills were impacting Jongin's hunger, which he realized was an ungodly side effect when Jongin would stuff his face before bedtime, only to refuse his nausea medication (after downing Baekhyun's pills). It took roughly three weeks of midnight vomiting and consistent sheet changing for Sehun to suggest the compromise of letting Jongin wash down the "disgusting" pills with a small amount of chocolate milk, which Jongin happily agreed to.

 

Except when he was all too tired.

 

In fact, sometimes, Jongin would flat out refuse to take any of his medication both morning and night, after he'd wake up feeling exceptionally tired and grumpy, and even though Sehun can count said incidents on his right hand, he would honestly rather Jongin suffered a hormonal outburst in the middle of a busy grocery store than try to convince Jongin to take his pills with the latter rushing around the house crying, screaming and vomiting everywhere. Sehun won't ever forget the day he tried getting Jongin to take all four of his pills one night, after an unsuccessful attempt in the morning, only for Jongin to refuse both times. Sehun figured that a long day at the office, combined with frequent trips to the doctor's office for checkups, as well as untreated nausea and mood swings, must have sent Jongin over the edge, because what ensued was three hours of absolute chaos as Jongin went on to tearfully accuse Sehun of neither loving him, wanting to marry him nor caring about the baby, whilst he attempted to slash Sehun in the face. It wasn't until half an hour had passed, after Jongin tried pulling Sehun's hair, that Sehun managed to restrain Jongin's arms behind his back before laying them both down on the bed. Despite knowing he would feel terrible about it afterwards, Sehun saw no other option than to force all four pills inside Jongin's mouth, all of which the latter swallowed in the commotion as he thrashed in Sehun's iron grasp. The following hour consisted of Sehun kissing Jongin's cheek, the latter sobbing as he clung to Sehun for dear life, all whilst Sehun held him close and whispered how much he loved him and their child.

 

Not wanting Jongin to hole himself up in their room with guilt the next day, Sehun suggested they get rid of the desk (which they did after nearly dropping it down the stairs twice) to make space for the crib, which was set to arrive in less than a week, to which Jongin responded with an excited squeal of approval. It wasn't until Sehun later suggested that they pick up some baby items, that Jongin practically bounced off the walls in exhilaration. In his fired up state, Jongin didn't put up a fuss as Sehun made him take his pills, and upon their arrival at their local baby shop, Sehun soon found himself chasing Jongin all through the store as the latter excitedly grabbed practically every single blue thing he could get his hands on (which only made Sehun regret not writing a list beforehand). It wasn't until Jongin proceeded to dump the giant blue mountain of toys, plushies, clothes and God knows what else in their basket that Sehun promptly shook his head, which only made Jongin's ears droop in disappointment. To make up for being perhaps a little too harsh, Sehun fetched a shopping cart, which Jongin cheerfully climbed inside (despite being just a little too tall to fit comfortably, with his long legs bent in an awkward position, but it's not like Jongin seemed to mind).

 

They eventually settled on a dark blue bedsheet with tiny, red rockets on it (as well as an equally tiny pillowcase with a corresponding pattern), a baby mobile with blue birds and clouds, a handful of toys, a couple of stuffed animals (to be exact, rabbits and ducks, which Sehun figured he should have seen coming), a blue bib with yellow stars, three tiny onesies as well as a pair of impossibly tiny shoes, a milk bottle shaped like a panda and a couple of blue pacifiers. Feeling exhausted from all the running around, especially after wolfing down three whole servings of food earlier, Jongin opted to sit in the car and play with their newly bought plushies whilst Sehun fetched diapers and a few other necessities from a nearby store. 

 

Jongin recalls his ears twitching with joy as he pulled out his phone and stared at the photo he took of the monitor screen during their most recent appointment (during which they were informed that they were having a son, which nearly had Jongin bouncing off the walls in excitement). Jongin's eyes automatically trailed down to the white blob, which had grown significantly bigger since their first visit, and he couldn't help but grin to himself when his eyes landed on out the tiny, barely visible pair of ears, as well as what he assumed was an equally tiny tailbone (which had Sehun blinking in awe upon seeing for the first time). Jongin stared at the picture for what felt like an eternity, and he didn't even register the hot tears flowing down his face until a woman outside sent him a look whilst walking by.

 

For a second, Jongin internally panicked until he remembered that he had, in fact, taken all of his pills earlier that morning, so he slowly exhaled before putting his phone away. The thought of him and Sehun taking their son to Disneyland, teaching him to be a great hunter and climber, and watching Disney movies on the couch together made Jongin's heart tremble as he lifted his shirt and stared at his stomach. Despite what anybody might have thought, Jongin thought his stomach looked rather large (which he still isn't sure if it was due to their son or all the fried chicken he ate at the food court twenty minutes earlier), which he sort of liked, since it reminded him that their son was growing well.

 

Jongin suddenly came to think of Chanyeol's look of utter confusion as he eyed Jongin's abdominal region after he stopped by to hand over his cousin's (pink, as Sehun noted) baby onesie. In fact, Chanyeol even went as far as to ask Jongin if there even was a baby growing inside of him at all, which was closely followed by Sehun reassuring Jongin for an hour and a half that he was, in fact, carrying their son. As he chuckled at the memory, Jongin found himself tracing invisible patterns into his shirt until Sehun returned to the parking lot a few minutes later. 

 

Once they got home, Jongin immediately requested a glass of chocolate milk, which Sehun realized he must have forgotten to pick up at the store earlier after he opened the fridge door and didn't see the familiar, brown carton(s) anywhere on the shelves. Inevitably, Jongin began to fuss, and he went on to tearfully ramble about how their son was craving chocolate milk, seemingly ignoring Sehun's promise of picking some up later that day, as he tearfully swallowed two of Baekhyun's pills. Thankfully, their crib arrived minutes later, effectively squashing Jongin's upcoming outburst, and Sehun spent the following hour assembling the puzzle like crib whilst Jongin sat cross legged on the bed and prepared the pillows, blankets and put together the baby mobile. 

 

It wasn't until later that very night that Jongin felt the first kick.

 

Sehun figured that the same thing applies to him, as well, since Jongin woke him up by kicking him square in the shin after jolting awake two minutes to midnight. At first, Sehun worried that Jongin might have been on the verge of vomiting (despite taking his pills less than four hours ago) after the latter quickly sat up like a bullet, but it soon became clear that that wasn't the case when Jongin sent Sehun a bright grin. Figuring Jongin was simply hungry, Sehun proceeded to get out of bed to fix the former something to eat before Jongin suddenly flinched. It didn't take Sehun long to figure out what was happening when Jongin pointed to his stomach with twitching ears, the words 'It tickles' barely escaping his lips as he giggled his ears off. Even though his brain was clouded with fatigue, Sehun found himself placing a hand on Jongin's abdomen whilst the latter giggled in amusement. At first, Sehun felt nothing, figuring it might have been due to the location of their son making him out of reach, However, it didn't take long for Jongin to giggle again, and Sehun vividly recalls the sensation that flooded his system after feeling the faintest thump against his palm.

 

After he felt another kick, Sehun suddenly remembered every single dream he'd ever had about Jongin the latter grinning widely as he cradled their beloved son in his arms. Sehun momentarily contemplated swiping some of Jongin's hormonal pills for himself as tears welled up in his eyes before flowing freely down his face. Sehun ended up turning his face away in worry of Jongin seeing him cry (and thus triggering another series of mood swings) as he kept his eyes fixated on the silhouette of the crib by the window. Sehun barely made out the baby mobile lying on the folded, blue sheets, which he had to remove after Jongin repeatedly swatted, and nearly broke it, mere seconds after attaching it to the crib.

 

Choosing to look at the crib as a form of distraction soon backfired, though, after the thought of their son sleeping inside of it in less than a month hit Sehun like a freight train, and he eventually gave up on holding it in before he grabbed Jongin's hand and lovingly kissed the latter's collarbone. Jongin, on the other hand, who was now wide awake and starving from Baekhyun's pills, cheekily said something about (the baby) wanting food, and Sehun subsequently found himself chasing Jongin down the stairs and into the kitchen before the latter could raid the pantry for the sixth time that week.

 

 

---

 

 

As much as Sehun appreciated Baekhyun for informing him about how Jongin would feel after the baby was born, Sehun sort of really wishes that Baekhyun had informed him about how Jongin would feel before the baby was born, because the final week leading up to Jongin's eighth and final month had Sehun wishing Baekhyun (and even Luhan) was there to guide him through every second of it, mostly because the seemingly never ending cycle of putting up with Jongin's usually mood uncontrollable swings, scrubbing the floors every five minutes, managing the correct medicine doses, and literally everything else, whilst trying to find time for his work, was beginning to run Sehun into the ground. But mainly because nothing could have prepared Sehun for the unexpected skyrocketing of Jongin's hormone levels, which kicked in whilst Sehun was in the midst of checking over a report with Taemin one Monday morning at the office. 

 

At first, Sehun feared that Jongin might have simply grown uncomfortable with Taemin's presence, after Jongin suddenly emitted a low, drawn out growl from his usual spot on the couch. But it wasn't until Jongin wailed at the top of his lungs for a glass of chocolate milk that Sehun attempted to get him to take one of Baekhyun's pills, which Jongin straight up refused before he threw himself down on the floor and proceeded to throw a hissy fit. Sehun recalls the look of utter horror on Taemin's face as Jongin squirmed and angrily clawed at the carpet, before he eventually got to his feet after Taemin seemingly stood a little too close to Sehun as they read over and discussed the report on Sehun's computer. Taemin quickly spotted the look on Jongin's face, and Sehun only watched as Taemin grabbed a bunch of papers before he attempted to shoo Jongin away after the latter walked towards him. Jongin didn't get a chance to slash Taemin across the cheek, though, before Sehun promptly ushered Taemin out of the room (at the expense of being wrongfully accused of secretly loving and wanting to marry Taemin instead, inevitably).

 

It wasn't until Jongin came dangerously close to attacking Sehun's boss, as well, after she entered the room and questioned them about "all the racket", that Sehun had to leave work early and drive Jongin home. Jongin clung to Sehun's arm in the passenger seat whilst he repeatedly told him how sorry he was for ruining the carpet (which he seemed to prioritize over Taemin's face), Sehun figured Jongin's hormone levels would return to normal as soon as he treated Jongin to a glass of chocolate milk. Fate didn't seem to be on Sehun's side, though, because he quickly found himself stuck between feeling ecstatic over their son soon being born and downright awful for Jongin as the latter continued to refuse his nausea medicine, which inevitably resulted in him throwing up absolutely everywhere (which in turn only sparked an onset of outbursts, all of which lasted for three hours straight).

 

Sehun recalls the panic that ensued when he was in the middle of scrubbing the floors that night, only to realize that he had neither seen, nor heard a peep, from Jongin for at least forty minutes. After twenty minutes worth of frantic searching, Sehun eventually found Jongin curled up and sobbing underneath their bed, and it wasn't until Sehun offered him a large glass of chocolate milk, which he'd laced with a handful of crushed pills without Jongin noticing, that Jongin emerged from his hiding spot and downed the entire thing in one swig.

 

They soon found themselves laying next to each other on their bed, staring at the images of the ultrasounds as Jongin gradually came down from his high, all whilst Sehun kissed Jongin's hair and gently whispered how much he loved him and how happy they would be after it was all over and they finally get to meet their son. Jongin ended up falling asleep with his arms tightly draped around Sehun's torso, and Sehun gently tucked Jongin in before placing a loving kiss on his forehead.

 

 

---    

 

 

For the next three days, Sehun gradually (and reluctantly) increased Jongin's medicine intake, which he would give Jongin every four hours (after caving and calling Baekhyun for advice). However, every four hours soon turned into every three hours, and Sehun soon found himself giving Jongin pills every thirty minutes as the latter's outbursts became more spontaneous and gradually grew more and more intense. Sehun recalls, at one point in the middle of the week, narrowly avoiding being struck in the head with a (full) glass of chocolate milk after Jongin complained about its temperature, before the latter broke down sobbing whilst begging Sehun not to hate him.  

 

They ended up spending the rest of the afternoon at the butterfly park, which reminded Jongin a whole lot of one of the rides they went on at Disneyland last year. Jongin soon caught a butterfly with dazzling, violet wings (after discreetly eating a handful of others, of course), which he gifted Sehun for being so kind to him for the past couple of months. Sehun placed a loving kiss on Jongin's forehead after telling Jongin that the butterfly was nearly as pretty as him, as they took in the sight of the thousands of colorful butterflies surrounding the rushing waterfall. After having eaten his seventh butterfly, Jongin begged Sehun to buy him a juice box for them to share, to wash out the horrible taste of all the pills he had taken throughout the day, which Sehun agreed to without hesitation. 

 

Their juice date was postponed though, when Jongin ended up losing his engagement ring after he removed it to clean it in the water, after a little girl ran into him from behind. Despite Sehun repeatedly reassuring Jongin that the water wasn't deep at all, Jongin still found himself bursting into tears, not even blaming his own body for acting up as he tearfully watched Sehun jump into the (ankle deep) water in search of the ring, which Sehun ended up retrieving in under a minute. Jongin promised never to take it off ever again as he tearfully swallowed two of Baekhyun's pills. Sehun found himself grabbing Jongin's hand impossibly tight after Jongin suddenly asked if his sporadic outbursts could possibly be scaring the baby, to which Sehun responded with a reassuring shake of his head. Sehun felt his heart tremble and he prayed Jongin wouldn't acually end up suffering an outburst as he proceeded to tell Sehun how much he hated the thought of scaring their son and how he didn't want their son to end up being scared of him after he was born. 

 

Thankfully, the rushing waterfall did wonders to calm Jongin down, and he soon found himself sitting by the edge and dipping his feet in the lukewarm water whilst Sehun sat beside him and held him close. It wasn't until Jongin (unapologetically) informed Sehun that the latter would be sleeping in the crib forever if their son preferred their bed instead, to which Sehun responded by playfully flicking water in Jongin's face, that they soon found themselves engaging in a splash contest before ultimately getting kicked out by one of the staff members.

 

 

---

 

 

It didn't take long for Jongin's hormones to start affecting his sleep, and Sehun recalls jolting awake pretty much every half hour to Jongin stirring and groaning in his sleep. On extremely rare occasions, Jongin would fall back asleep and sleep until morning, but more often than not, Sehun would find himself turning on the light before reaching for the two white bottles on the bedside table. Sehun remembers feeling rather glad, because Jongin would usually always fuss in his sleep before actually waking up and throwing a fit, so Sehun would simply place a few pills on Jongin's bottom lip, which Jongin would swallow in his groggy state before calming down and falling back asleep. 

 

Sehun remembers one night in particular, during which he woke up to the sight of Jongin laying awake and unable to fall back asleep despite having taken his medicine a few hours earlier. When it became clear that he wasn't on the verge of an outburst, Sehun simply laid next to him whilst his hair and whispering loving words into his twitching ears. Amidst the moonlight seeping through the thin curtains and tinting parts of the room a pale shade of blue, Sehun could just make out Jongin's anxious expression as the latter stared up at the ceiling. Sehun wasn't sure if it was Jongin fearing another onset of outbursts (since Sehun could practically feel how mentally and physically exhausting each one of them was), or the harsh kicks of their son, which Sehun felt after placing a hand on Jongin's stomach but, either way, he pulled Jongin closer before peppering the latter's face with kisses. As Jongin buried his face in the crook of Sehun's neck, Sehun proceeded to tell Jongin just how much he adored the name the latter picked out for their son (as they shared an ice cream cone at the butterfly park) two days earlier, all whilst Jongin instinctively kneaded Sehun's bare chest and coiled his tail, bushy and puffed up beyond belief, around Sehun's ankle.

 

They laid in silence for a moment until Sehun suddenly noticed the low purrs spilling from Jongin's lips - a noise Sehun hadn't heard in what felt like forever. It wasn't until Jongin subsequently folded his ears back and gently rubbed his head against Sehun's chest - a telltale sign of overbearing arousal in cat hybrids (which Sehun came to learn on the night of their engagement), that Sehun gently shook his head in fear of possibly hurting their son, whom also seemed to be wide awake after Jongin subsequently giggled about his stomach tickling. With the wind howling outside, Sehun continued to kiss Jongin's forehead whilst whispering how proud he was and what an amazing father and husband he knew Jongin would be. It wasn't until Jongin responded by rubbing not so gently rubbing his head against Sehun's chest in desperation that Sehun placed a kiss on Jongin's cheek, the latter's fuzzy ears tickling Sehun's chin as he slowly s a hand up and between Jongin's thighs. To the sounds of Jongin practically sobbing into the crook of his neck, Sehun relieved Jongin in the dark, peppering kisses all over the latter's jawline as he clung to Sehun's torso for dear life.

 

 

---

 

 

Kim Jonghun was born two days later at 8:29 AM.

 

If Sehun is going to be honest, he sort of still hates himself for not picking up on the signs sooner than he did, since he figures he should have known something was up when Jongin barely said a peep that morning at breakfast. Whilst Jongin ate his usual breakfast, which consisted of four bowls of cereal, (without vomiting, despite refusing his medication after waking up), Sehun recalls briefly picking up on Jongin's unusual silence, but he simply brushed it off as Jongin's body finally growing accustomed to the medication he had been taking for the past five months. Jongin didn't even protest when Sehun made him take his pills as usual, which Sehun found slightly strange, especially when Jongin kept his mouth shut after Sehun asked him if he was feeling alright. Sehun simply figured that Jongin's body might be in resting mode as a result of the major onset of outbursts Jongin endured at half past four that morning. Nevertheless, Sehun still found himself unable to squash the feeling within him as he watched Jongin practically inhale his cereal and chocolate milk without as much as a word. 

 

Despite being knocked out with the flu for the past two weeks, Luhan insisted on coming along with them to the office, and Sehun found himself nodding along as Luhan rambled on and on about all the 'vomit inducing cough syrups' his mother forced him to ingest throughout the entire ride to the office, all whilst Jongin sat as quiet as a mouse in the passenger seat. Luhan held up a baby blue quilt with white clouds on it, which his mother had spent the past month knitting especially for their son. Despite Jongin not paying it any attention whatsoever, Sehun thanked Luhan anyway before he placed it inside his briefcase and pulled into the parking lot just as the clock struck half past seven. Sehun made a mental note to call Baekhyun and ask the latter to prescribe them another bottle as he kissed Jongin's forehead and exited the car.

 

Jongin immediately climbed onto the couch in Sehun's office after walking in the door, and Luhan simply plopped down on the floor after unsuccessfully convincing Jongin to play video games with him in the playroom. Sehun only hummed low in his throat as Luhan went on to tell him all about how sick and hungry his mother felt when she was pregnant with his brother, all whilst Jongin wordlessly laid on the couch a few feet away, tail weakly swaying back and forth. Luhan, seemingly oblivious to Jongin's lack of just about everything, walked over to the fruit bowl before grabbing an orange and proceeding to peel it.

 

They ended up sitting (and laying) in silence for half an hour until Sehun eventually got out of his chair to fetch Jongin and Luhan something to eat from the break room. However, Sehun barely made it past the couch when a sudden, faint thud made him flinch and turn around. Figuring Luhan must have tried using the orange as a bouncy ball, Sehun whirled around, fully ready to scold Luhan when his eyes landed on Jongin, who laid motionless on the carpet with Luhan squatting beside him and gently poking his shoulder. 

 

Sehun barely recalls the following few moments, but what he does recall, is nearly crashing into the coffee table as he practically shoved Luhan aside and gave Jongin a gentle shake. Sehun barely registered Luhan anxiously asking what was wrong with Jongin as he tried shaking Jongin awake again, and it wasn't until the latter emitted a low groan that Sehun nearly screamed in relief, but the worry quickly returned to his system when Jongin made no move to get up off the floor whatsoever. Sehun won't ever forget the sensation of the entire building shaking beneath his feet after Luhan proceeded to ask if something was wrong with the baby, and the next thing Sehun knew, he was ushering Jongin down the stairs with Luhan's help. Jongin, despite not saying a word the entire time, nearly tumbled to the floor thrice after his knees gave in beneath him, but he managed to keep himself upright as Sehun quickly, yet carefully, ushered him towards the car and into the passenger seat. Sehun recalls grabbing Jongin's hand tightly, mind clouding over as he hightailed it towards the doctor's office, ignoring Luhan as the latter repeatedly asked him what the matter was.

 

Sehun figures he must have broken every single traffic law in existence as he (half-assedly) backed into the first empty parking spot he could find, not even bothering to put the parking brake on as he scrambled out of his seat. Sehun practically had to carry Jongin in the door, and he is still thankful that the redhead doctor from all their previous appointments just so happened to be conversing with the receptionist the moment they crossed the threshold. She greeted them with a friendly smile, only for it to gradually dissolve after she laid her eyes on Jongin, which nearly made Sehun's own knees give in before she quickly beckoned them to follow her.

 

They soon ended up inside a small room, and Sehun found himself unable to ask them what exactly the problem was (mainly since his tongue felt like sandpaper) as he gently placed Jongin on the white bed in the middle of the room, only to lay him on his back after he failed to sit upright on his own. The redhead seemingly wasted no time in hastily checking Jongin's lungs, eyes and pulse before removing her stethoscope, and Sehun barely got a chance to react before she told him and Luhan to stay exactly where they were and hastily left the room. Sehun practically flew over to Jongin before he  the latter's hair and whispered that everything was going to be alright, as Luhan anxiously watched from his spot in one of the corners. 

 

Jongin weakly twitched his right ear in response, which did nothing to soothe Sehun's nerves, and the thought of something terrible possibly happening to Jongin, and thus their son, made a wave of nausea come over Sehun. The mere thought was enough to make Sehun want to vomit himself, but he didn't get a chance to when the doors suddenly burst open, and Sehun honestly didn't know what to think or say after a handful of nurses swarmed Jongin before they hurriedly wheeled him out of the room. Sehun recalls his entire body feeling stiff and rigid as cardboard whilst he watched them disappear down the hallway, his legs seemingly moving of their own accord as he found himself jogging after them, Luhan hot on his heels. Sehun only clenched his jaw in irritation after the redhead stopped them subsequently, and Sehun didn't even bother paying attention to her talk about God knows what as he scrambled for his phone.

 

To this day, Sehun thinks it's a miracle that he was even able to hold onto his phone without dropping it due to how much his hands were shaking, and he didn't even give Baekhyun a chance to say hello before he proceeded to explain the situation. Except Sehun soon realized that he probably sounded like an incoherent, garbled mess, so he forced himself to take five deep breaths to steady himself before he spoke again.

 

Baekhyun's tone seemed to change slightly as he told Sehun not to worry (which had the polar opposite effect on Sehun, to say the least), and he went on to calmly tell Sehun that what he just described, such as a sudden energy drop and extreme fatigue (caused by an overflow of hormones essentially every ounce of energy out of the body, which flew right over Sehun's head in his fired up state), sounded exactly like the initial stage of the male hybrid's labor process and that everything was going to be alright, since the surgeons were skilled and knew exactly what they were doing. If Sehun is going to be honest, he sort of zoned out during the last part, mainly because all the spinning in his head and the thumping in his chest could make him think about was Jongin being cut open whilst being surrounded by people that most likely terrified him to the core. Sehun sort of wanted to smack himself, since he knew for a fact that he should have been bouncing off the walls in excitement whilst awaiting the arrival of his son, but the fog clouding his mind made it straight up impossible for him to even crack a smile as anxiety flowed through his veins.

 

One of the staff members handed Sehun a cup of water before she lead him and Luhan down the hallway, seemingly to a waiting room, and Sehun nearly collapsed in relief upon seeing a row of chairs lining the walls. He slowly sank into one of them, barely able to even look at the white walls seemingly closing in on them as he anxiously bounced his foot up and down. Sehun watched Luhan take a seat a few chairs away, the latter clearly shaken as his orange ears stood erect and twitched in all directions. They sat in silence for a minute until Sehun found himself unable to sit still, after realizing just how dead silent the entire building seemed to be, and he practically flew out of his chair before proceeding to pace back and forth among the sea of empty chairs. It wasn't until Sehun looked down that he noticed that he was still gripping his phone, and he blinked in surprise upon realizing that he was still in the middle of his call with Baekhyun. Sehun bit his lip, trying to stop his voice from trembling as he muttered a low apology to Baekhyun, who only hummed in understanding before he went on to explain that the procedure usually took up to ten minutes depending on the overall health of the patient. After Sehun proceeded to mutter a string incoherencies under his breath, Baekhyun asked if he could come over, which had Sehun frantically nodding (before mumbling a low 'Yes', after Luhan reminded him that Baekhyun couldn't see it).

 

Despite wanting nothing more than to scream at the top of his lungs (for essentially being abandoned in some waiting room with little to no information whatsoever, with his fiancé in labor and probably in pain somewhere inside the building), Sehun eventually slumped back into one of the chairs beside Luhan, who was clearly trying his best to conceal his anxious nail biting as they fell into silence yet again. As they waited, a handful of nurses and doctors walked by, none of whom spared them as much as a glance, which only made Sehun's head spin that much more before he quickly fell into the habit of checking his watch every two minutes. It wasn't until Luhan remarked that Sehun had checked his watch for the eleventh time in eight seconds that Sehun buried his face in his hands. Simply sitting in silence and not thinking about anything at all only made Sehun feel queasy, so he did his best to remind himself that his consistent dreams of Jongin cradling their son would soon come true, all whilst Luhan reassuringly pat his shoulder .

 

It must have worked, because the next thing Sehun knew, he was jumping five feet in the air after hearing Baekhyun's voice. Baekhyun simply sent Sehun and Luhan a warm smile whilst Sehun scrambled to fix his hair (which had been reduced to a tousled, blond mess atop his head as a result of him constantly running his hand through it). Luhan nervously clung to Baekhyun, despite the latter smelling like other cats, and Sehun wishes he could have done the same before Baekhyun went on to tell them both not to worry, and that this would change their lives forever. Despite managing a meek smile, Sehun found himself asking Baekhyun if anything could possibly go wrong (He figured he was entitled to said question given that the eighth procedure of its kind in two years was taking place practically right before them), sincerely hoping the redhead wouldn't slam him for being pessimistic as he eyed the yellowed, linoleum floor.

 

Thankfully, Baekhyun didn't yell at him. Instead, he, in a frighteningly calm tone, explained that as long as the medicine doses were given correctly and at the correct times, everything should go according to plan (which only made Sehun wish he was a doctor and or vet himself, given Baekhyun's calm and collected demeanor, which never seemed to falter). Luhan went on to question the other possible outcome, but was immediately shut down by Baekhyun after Sehun visibly paled.

 

Sehun still isn't sure why, but he found himself relaxing ever so sligthly, and he wasn't sure if he had Baekhyun's knowledge and or the latter's presence in general to thank for that. Either way, Sehun sat on the cold, hard chair for what felt like hours, gaze following the medical staff rushing in all directions as Baekhyun encouragingly rubbed his back. Now, even though Sehun was well aware of his consistent watch checking, he was at least pretty sure that it had been well over ten minutes since they took Jongin away, after the clock struck nine, (which Baekhyun noticed after Sehun automatically checked his watch twelve times in under a minute). Luhan opened his mouth to ask if Jongin was ever coming back, only to blink when a figure suddenly appeared in front of them, which caused them all to look up.

 

Every single cluttered thought inside Sehun's head seemed to freeze as he watched the tall, female surgeon remove her blue mask and gloves. She proceeded to introduce herself (which Sehun would be lying if he said he paid any attention to whatsoever) before she calmly asked who Jongin's husband was (probably due to Jongin's ring). However, Sehun didn't even bother correcting her, because he found himself entirely unable to move his lips, much less a single muscle, due to the numbing relief that flooded his entire body and nearly caused him to fall off his chair, after she calmly informed all three of them that the surgery had been a success and that Jongin was recovering nicely in another room, but that the latter was still asleep due to them needing to sedate him twice (once after Jongin suffered a sudden, major outburst after they tried placing him on the surgical table, and once again after his erratic hormone levels caused him to wake up minutes before the actual procedure, which Sehun would learn afterwards). Sehun absently fidgeted with the strap to his watch, heart racing as Baekhyun and Luhan audibly exhaled, as he kept his gaze fixated on her auburn ponytail and messy eyeliner.

 

At first, Sehun sort of wanted to cry, since he figured it would take hours until they would let him see Jongin. But, to his surprise, she asked if Sehun wished to do just that, since Jongin specifically asked to see Sehun before he was put under, and that the anesthesia was estimated to wear off soon. Baekhyun had to shush Luhan after the latter loudly complained about how unfair it was for them to let Sehun see Jongin first (since he was Jongin's 'frickin' best friend', after all) after Sehun frantically nodded. Sehun prayed his knees wouldn't give in as he followed her down the hallway, and it wasn't until they came to a stop outside an unmarked, white door that Sehun realized that the back of his entire suit jacket was pretty much drenched in sweat, but he didn't get a chance to remove it before she opened the door.

 

Never in his life did Sehun think that somebody could look so absolutely angellic after a terrifying surgery, but he figured he must have been wrong all along after he immediately spotted Jongin, tucked in and sound asleep in the corner of the room. After she carefully closed the door behind her, Sehun found himself tiptoeing towards the bed (which looked surprisingly comfy, much to Sehun's relief) before stopping by the hard, metal edges. Sehun recalls a certain thought briefly hitting him as he stared at Jongin's sleeping form, but he didn't get a chance to think about it any further before it ended up dissolving amongst the thick cloud of fog inside his head. Instead, Sehun's eyes trailed over Jongin's tousled hair and relaxed ears, fingers loosely wrapped around a yellow teddy bear as he quietly slept. Sehun mentally smacked himself for not bringing along a spare change of clothing after noticing the baby blue gown loosely sitting around Jongin's shoulders, but he shoved the thought aside before he bent down, careful not to make too much noise as he carefully brushed a lock of hair out of Jongin's eyes. As Sehun watched Jongin's chest rise and fall, he suddenly realized just how fragile Jongin looked, practically swallowed by by the large, thick duvets and pillows, and Sehun had to force himself to think about something else before his heart could burst from how much it trembled in his chest.   

 

Despite wanting nothing more than to squeeze Jongin and never let go, Sehun had to fight back the urge before opting to gently hold Jongin's hand, which was warm under his touch. Sehun had no idea how long he sat in the same position, but he continued to caress Jongin's hand, and occasionally his cheek, until Jongin came around. Sehun was on his feet less than a fraction of a second later, and he fought an impulse to envelope Jongin in a bone crushing hug as his eyes slowly fluttered open, before he turned his head to look at Sehun. Inevitably, Jongin's exhausted state prevented him from saying or doing much at first, but Sehun immediately noticed the weak smile tugging at the corners of Jongin's lips after he leaned in and gently kissed the latter's lips.

 

It wasn't until after the fifteen minute mark that Jongin slowly sat up, and Sehun made sure to prop a pillow behind Jongin's head and back before the latter hummed to himself and played with his fingers, all whilst Sehun repeatedly whispered that everything was going to be alright how proud he was. At one point, Jongin begged Sehun to join him in bed, which Sehun apologetically declined in fear of possibly hurting him (and the entire bed collapsing). Jongin went on to complain about the messiness of his hair was and how strange he thought the surgeons looked in their 'blue shower caps and face masks', whilst he fiddled with the red ribbon wrapped around the teddy bear's neck. It wasn't until Jongin went on to tell Sehun just how scared he was after they took him away, as well as how much he cried after seeing all the sharp metal tools laid out everywhere inside the surgery room, that Sehun worried that he might burst into tears himself, and he resorted to watching Jongin fiddle with the buttons on his watch to distract himself.

 

Moments turned to minutes, and as Jongin's fatigue slowly cleared up, so did Sehun's head, and it didn't take long for the same thought as earlier to strike Sehun. Much to his frustration, Sehun couldn't put his finger on it no matter how hard he tried cranking up his brain power, but the answer soon came to him when another door opened and the redhead doctor from their weekly appointments peeked her head inside the room. Jongin immediately squealed after seeing her, and Sehun Jongin's hair as she went on to ask Jongin how he was feeling. It wasn't until she went on to praise Jongin for his bravery that Jongin's ears perked up in joy, before she said something Sehun couldn't hear and disappeared into another room.

 

If Sehun is going to be honest, he probably should have done a much better job than he did at controlling Jongin, who proceeded to ecstatically flail his hands and arms in all directions after she re-entered the room cradling a small bundle wrapped in a blue blanket. Sehun vividly recalls his heart skipping a beat upon noticing two fuzzy, black (and exceptionally tiny) cat ears peeking out from behind the cloth, and he found himself staring in awe, probably looking like a startled goldfish, after she proceeded to carefully place it in Jongin's arms. Sehun could only watch as Jongin grinned, all signs of fear and fatigue gone without a trace and his eyes filled with stars after giving the baby, their son - Jonghun, a squeeze. As he stared at Jonghun's chubby hands and cheeks, Jongin found himself peeling back the blue material ever so slightly, only to emit a loud squee upon seeing the tiny, black tail tucked between Jonghun's (seemingly tinier) legs. 

 

To this day, Sehun still isn't sure if it was due to Jongin's ecstatic state or the latter simply being entirely oblivious to the fragility of a newborn baby, but Sehun found himself scrambling for the blue bundle after Jongin proceeded to excitedly turn it in his hands like a toy. Sehun still recalls the feeling, which he still can't explain to this day, that erupted in his chest and spread to his entire body as he carefully held and cradled Jonghun in his arms for the very first time. Sehun won't ever forget the sensation that overcame him after Jonghun opened his eyes (which Sehun hardly noticed at first, given that they were perfectly hidden behind a mop of black hair) and stared right at him, mainly because it reminded Sehun of Jongin's innocent, doe like stare every time the latter felt like looking extra cute, which always made Sehun weak at the knees. It wasn't until Jongin proceeded to gleefully mimic Jonghun's ears twitching that Sehun worried he might actually die right there and then, but Luhan and Baekhyun thankfully entered the room before he got a chance to do so.

 

After Baekhyun (whose overly exhilarated state made Sehun and Jongin's excitement seem like nothing at all) nearly suffocated Sehun to death in a bone crushing hug, he skipped over to Jongin to congratulate the latter and ask him how he was feeling, to which Jongin merely responded by eagerly pointing to the redhead doctor and saying something about 'how she could be Baekhyun's girlfriend since she asked to meet him and they practically looked the same', which had them both blushing profusely, before she muttered a quick excuse and left the room. All the while, Luhan held Jonghun, whom he proceeded to tell, in a surprisingly serious tone, that 'he would do his very, very, very, very, very best' to make sure he would turn him into 'the awesomest frickin' hunter anybody had ever seen in their lives'. Seemingly still tired, Jongin eventually began fussing over not having held Jonghun for a long time, and Sehun was glad that Jongin and Luhan didn't proceed to engage in a game of tug-of-war with Jonghun, before Luhan handed him over to Jongin. Baekhyun suggested they FaceTime Chanyeol to let the latter know, which Sehun ended up doing after forgetting his passcode four times. Jongin still giggles whenever he recalls Chanyeol's loud coo (which effectively reduced Luhan and Baekhyun to guffawing messes on the floor) after Sehun proceeded to zoom in on Jonghun's tiny, twitching ears and chubby face as Jongin cradled him close to his chest.

 

 

---

 

 

They brought Jonghun home four hours later, and Sehun prayed Jongin wouldn't drop him as he raced upstairs and excitedly placed Jonghun inside his crib. Sehun had to inform Jongin that the crib was only big enough for one person (or rather, baby), after Jongin attempted to climb inside to cuddle Jonghun, before Jongin proceeded to choose something for Jonghun to wear, only to suffer a minor decision anxiety breakdown shortly after (which only made Sehun glad that Jongin was no longer in need of hormonal pills. Sehun prepared a bottle of lukewarm milk on the stove after calling Baekhyun twice (to make sure that newborn hybrids weren't, in fact, in need of milk). Sehun ended up taking on the role of feeding Jonghun, after Jongin ended up stealing a few sips of milk from Jonghun's bottle for himself on more than one occasion.

 

Jongin, on the other hand, soon came to realize that he was a pretty decent shoulder to cry on (literally) as the days went by, and Sehun figured it must have been a hybrid thing every time Jongin managed to calm Jonghun down simply by cradling him for less than a minute. In fact, Jonghun quickly seemed to latch himself to Jongin (despite Jongin failing to take Jonghun out of his crib on the third morning after bringing him home, which resulted in Sehun informing Jongin that hybrid babies could not, in fact, jump six feet, after rushing upstairs to find Jonghun still laying in his crib) no matter what mood he was in, save for when he was tired - Jonghun seemingly found Sehun's torso more comfortable to snooze on than his own pillow inside his crib, which resulted in him often taking naps whilst curled up on Sehun's chest, which had Jongin whining with envy each time.  

 

As weeks passed, Sehun came to realize just how thankful he was to his parents for making him care for his four siblings when they were babies, because Sehun eventually ended up teaching Jongin the art of diaper changing (which Jongin straight up despised at first, but gradually grew accustomed to), preparing milk at the right temperature and setting up a playpen, all of which Jongin ended up learning in a surprisingly short amount of time. All the while, both Sehun and Jongin found themselves caught up with finding the perfect balance between going to bed dead tired after a whole day's worth of work, playing and activities, whilst simultaneously mentally preparing themselves  to get up at ungodly hours of the night to either feed, change and or play with Jonghun.

 

While Sehun had nothing (and still doesn't have anything) against getting up at four in the morning to spin the baby mobile and perhaps warm up milk on the stove downstairs, Jongin, on the other hand was a totally different story. Given the latter's hatred towards getting up any earlier than seven, Jongin would initially put up a fuss after Sehun reminded him that it was his turn to check on Jonghun, only to throw a minor tantrum when Sehun asked him again (which only made Sehun feel like he was taking care of two children at once). Eventually, Jongin learned to put up with it after a minor lecture about the importance of basic and proper parenting from Sehun.

 

After their stroller, which Sehun had ordered two days earlier, arrived, Jongin immediately suggested that they go to the park and show Jonghun all the magpies and sparrows, which Sehun agreed to after making Jongin promise not to kill and eat anything in front of Jonghun. They would frequently make trips to the park, which sometimes consisted of Jongin pushing the stroller with one hand whilst eating an ice cream cone with the other. Sometimes, Luhan would come along and Sehun found himself saying yes every time he begged to push the stroller. However, Sehun promptly put a stop to it a few days later after Luhan abandoned Jonghun in his stroller for fifteen minutes after getting distracted by a flock of sparrows.

 

Jongin ended up latching onto his promise of teaching Jonghun how to be a master hunter, and Sehun doesn't think he'll ever forget the day Jongin proudly came downstairs at breakfast and announced that he was going to teach Jonghun how to catch fish. Despite Sehun not believing him at first, it soon became clear that Jongin had every intention of doing just that after they approached the pond ten minutes later. Even though Sehun repeatedly told Jongin that there was no way he would be removing their one month old son from his stroller and placing him anywhere near the bridge (much less by the edge, which Jongin suggested), Jongin insisted on teaching Jonghun the "proper" way, and it wasn't until Jongin's ears flattened in disappointment that Sehun suggested a compromise. Jongin ended up catching fish on the bridge whilst Sehun stood by the stroller and watched from fifteen feet away, which Jongin was surprisingly fine with, since he successfully managed to get Jonghun to wave back at him for the very first time from his spot on the bridge (which the former went on to tell Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Luhan about on the phone as soon as they got home).

 

After they returned home that evening, Sehun went upstairs to ask Jongin to prepare Jonghun's evening bottle, only to be met with the sight of Jonghun and Jongin napping together upon entering the bedroom. Sehun watched as Jonghun wrapped a tiny hand around Jongin's index finger, his equally tiny tail absently swishing back and forth as they both slept curled up on top of the Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh plushies on the floor. It wasn't until Jongin placed his tail on top of Jonghun in a protective manner that Sehun took a picture with his phone (after dying internally, of course). Not only that, but Sehun also ended up setting it as his lock screen for six whole months, which resulted in Jongin whining in embarrassment and begging Sehun to remove it every chance he got, despite Luhan and Baekhyun and Chanyeol telling them it was the cutest thing they had ever seen in their lives, after Sehun texted it to them the same day.

 

It wasn't until Baekhyun, after seeing said photo, suggested the idea of creating something dedicated to photos of Jonghun, that Jongin immediately begged Sehun to buy them a camera and a scrapbook, which the latter did without an ounce of hesitation. They ended up settling for a polaroid camera, which Sehun sort of regretted after Jongin proceeded to use up 90% of the film (all of which consisted of blurry photos taken of Jonghun's face from ten different angles) before they even got back from the shop. Despite that, Sehun placed Jongin on camera duty anyway (after threatening to hide the camera away for good if Jongin refused to use the film sparingly), which had Jongin quite literally jumping for joy. 

 

The following weeks consisted of Jongin taking photos every chance he got, seemingly unable to let go of the camera as he attempted to take the perfect photo of Jonghun (and Sehun, of course) as they went about on their daily activities. However, Sehun had to tell Jongin to tone it down, after Jonghun accidentally fell out of his stroller at the park one day, which resulted in Jongin swooping in with the camera instead of a helping hand, whilst Jonghun merely stared up at the lens from his spot on the soft grass.

 

Even though Sehun was, and still is, highly aware of his own dislike towards being photographed, Jonghun ended up being the polar opposite, which they soon realized after Jonghun gradually developed a tendency to look up as soon as Jongin prepared the camera on a handful of different occasions, almost as if he could sense when Jongin wanted a photo. Sometimes, Jonghun would even go as far as to wave and giggle whilst Jongin pulled funny faces behind the camera, which had Jongin squeeing in adoration every time. 

 

Despite Jongin, inevitably, in some cases, going out of his way to snap a few more photos than necessary, he ended up taking his job as the family photographer surprisingly seriously, and Sehun would regularly find Jongin sitting at the kitchen table, a handful of newly developed photos spread out across the surface as he worked on perfecting and filling up the pages to the scrapbook. Sehun would stand behind Jongin and scratch the latter's ears, which, along with his tail, twitched in concentration as he carefully wrote down the date and time of each shot before gluing it inside the scrapbook. Sometimes, Jongin would sit at the kitchen table for hours and hours on end until Sehun eventually had to tell him to wrap it up and get ready for bed.

 

Sehun recalls his heart nearly melting into a pile of goo after Jongin stuck a particular photo to one of the pages, which was taken during their trip to the beach four days after Jonghun turned two months old. They ended up settling for the rocks near the sand, since Sehun flat out refused to sit on a series of cliffs fifty feet above ground level, as well as anywhere near the ocean, with Jonghun. At some point, Jongin moved into a cross legged position before placing Jonghun, who was wrapped in the quilt Luhan's mother knitted, in his lap. As Jongin went on to complain about the cold, which didn't seem to bother Jonghun at all, Sehun watched Jongin's bangs blow in the gentle breeze as they watched the sunset together. Jongin proceeded to bounce a giggling Jonghun in his lap, and it wasn't until a bright orange ray crept up behind them and tinted Jongin's hair and cheek a dazzling, golden shade that Sehun scrambled for the camera.

 

 

---

 

 

Despite Jonghun's arrival making them the happiest they had been in a long, long while, it certainly didn't come without difficulties. Since Sehun knew all about how stressed his mother would be when she raised his sisters and brothers, he made sure from the very beginning that he wouldn't let his own negative emotions get the best of him no matter what. Despite it working out relatively well, Sehun occasionally found himself slipping, such as when he ran into Taemin in the park, four few weeks after their trip to the beach. Even though Jongin repeatedly reassuring Sehun that he could be trusted with Jonghun, Sehun ended up cutting his talk with Taemin (which mainly consisted of Sehun apologizing profusely for Jongin's antics back at the office two months ago, despite Taemin repeatedly reassuring him that it was completely fine) short upon seeing Jongin catching fish on the bridge. It wasn't until Sehun noticed Jonghun laying on his back, dangerously close to the edge and entirely unsupervised, that he practically flew over before scooping a fussy Jonghun up in his arms and placing him back in his stroller. After putting Jonghun down for his evening nap an hour later, Sehun proceeded to yell at Jongin in another room for being irresponsible, perhaps a little too harshly, since Jongin immediately bursted into tears before locking himself in the bathroom.

 

As much as Sehun wanted to apologize, he simply left to let Jongin reflect over what he did, but it wasn't until Sehun came back upstairs to check on Jonghun twenty minutes later that he noticed the bathroom door still locked, which made a wave of worry wash over Sehun as he quickly fetched the spare key. He found Jongin curled up in the bathtub, hands covering his face as he repeatedly begged Sehun not to hate him between loud sobs. The following five minutes consisted of Sehun Jongin's hair whilst repeatedly reassuring the latter that he didn't, in fact, hate him, all whilst Jongin clung to Sehun like a baby koala.

 

Jongin solemnly swore that he would never do anything like it ever again, except Sehun found himself yelling at Jongin just three days later after Jongin cheerfully placed Jonghun in the arms of a complete, and not so friendly looking, stranger (whom, according to Jongin, asked to 'hold their cute cat child for just a minute') whilst Sehun pushed Luhan on the swings a few feet away. It wasn't until Luhan loudly asked 'why that ugly, smelly looking dude was carrying Jonghun away' that Sehun immediately whirled around before he practically flew towards the benches where Jongin was.

 

Thankfully, Sehun managed to get Jonghun back without much of a hassle, and Sehun went on to harshly scold Jongin for breaking his promise of never talking to strangers (regardless if they called his child cute or not), as well as putting Jonghun in dangerous situations. Luhan only watched from his spot on his swing as Jongin broke down crying in the middle of the playground, which made just about everybody within a ten foot radius turn their heads to look at them. Sehun subsequently made the mistake of letting Luhan look after Jonghun whilst he comforted a sobbing Jongin, after Luhan skipped towards a group of trees whilst holding Jonghun in his arms (and said something about teaching Jonghun 'how to become a top notch, number one, black belt master climber like him'). Sehun managed to run over in the nick of time, before Luhan could put his plan of placing Jonghun on one of the branches into action.  

 

Jongin ended up clinging to Sehun's arm like a baby koala (which made it awfully difficult for Sehun to push the stroller) during their entire walk to Luhan's house to drop the latter off. They arrived home half an hour later, which took longer than expected when little girl suddenly ran up to Jonghun and tried removing him from his stroller after he gleefully waved at her, which had Jongin nearly slashing her eyes out right in front of her parents (all whilst Jonghun clapped his chubby hands together in a fit of giggles). It wasn't until Sehun made Jongin promise to never put Jonghun in danger like that ever again, that he kissed Jongin's forehead whilst reassuring the latter, for the fifth time, that he loved him more than anything in the world (besides Jonghun, of course). 

 

After changing Jonghun's diaper shortly after, Sehun came downstairs to see Jongin adding the two photos he took earlier that day at the playground, to the scrapbook - one of Jonghun as he happily chewed on the ear to his rabbit plushie in his stroller, and the other of him, Sehun and Jonghun sitting on the bench and smiling at the camera (which only made Jongin realize that even though Luhan may have been a master climber, he certainly wasn't a master photographer).

 

That night, after he prepared Jonghun's bottle, Sehun decided to treat Jongin to a glass of warm milk when it became obvious that Jongin would probably die if he wasn't shown any signs of affection. To say that Jongin discovered his new favorite thing at that very moment would be a vast understatement.