Meeting You

You Are

Youngjae collapsed on the bed and placed his arms over his eyes, trying to keep in the tears that were silently making tracks down his face.

 

It had been days since she had broken up with him, for reasons only known to her; she had only told him she wanted to break up, and then she left him seated in the restaurant, with his heart shattering into pieces.

 

What am I going to do now?

 

"I'm so pathetic!" He shouted in frustration, and his words were drowned out by the doorbell ringing.

 

Who is that? I'm not expecting any visitors, he thought begrudgingly as he moved with heavy footsteps to the door.

 

He left the chain on and peeked through the crack in the door.

 

His eyes widened as he took in the sight of the girl who had just rung his doorbell. Her hair was of an ebony colour and fell in waves down to her waist, framing her elegant face. Her eyes were like the smoothest of chocolates and her bow lips were the colour of the pinkest of roses.

 

They look so soft... no! Snap out of it Youngjae!

 

"Um, can I help you?" He asked tentatively. Then he noticed she was in nothing but shorts and a camisole. She must be freezing.

 

It was still winter, so it was pretty cold outside. Why was she dressed like that?

 

"Sorry to bother you." She bowed her head slightly, "my name is Eun Ae. I live next door..." She gestured to the left, presumably indicating her apartment.

 

"I had to deal with something..." her voice cracked and her eyes became watery. "A-and, I forgot my key. The Superintendent is bringing up a spare key, and he said to ask one of the neighbours if I could wait in their apartment. So, I guess what I'm inquiring is... can I wait in here?"

 

She fiddled with her thumbs, and gazed down at the floor. Red was dusting her cheeks, making her overall appearance even more enchanting.

 

"What about the guy on the other side?"

 

Youngjae wasn't trying to be mean to the girl, but right now he didn't want anyone to see him in the state he was in. It would be too sad, for the both of us.

 

But then again, she does seem upset herself. Maybe we could throw ourselves a pity party...

 

"The guy scares me." She spoke up in a small voice. "Plus I've seen you around before, and you seem like a nice guy. Please, it's just until the Super gives me the keys and then I'll be out off your hair. You don't even have to talk to me!"

 

Youngjae considered the girl's appearance. Well, she is cold, and it wouldn't hurt to let her inside... just to warm up.

 

He unlocked the chain and opened the door wider, so she could move inside.

 

"Take a seat anywhere." He gestured to the room, and she gave a tiny nod, before sitting on the edge of the sofa.

 

Youngjae sighed and thought, this is going to be a long night...