The Beginning

Hearts Can Be Stolen Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I heard the creek of my room's door as I opened it slowly. A dark room is what I saw when I entered. I looked around and sighed, reaching for the light switch on my right.

*Click* 

I hissed at the brightness of the fluorescent lamp that burned my eyes. I rubbed my vision to ease the temporary pain. The pain submerged after a few seconds and I looked around to see my now lit-up room. 

I looked at my right and saw my king-sized bed and my cyan colored blanket. Turning at my left, I saw my books resting at their shelves. I could even see one of my favorite books, the 'Senior High Incident' book. Its black cover peaking just behind the said Harry Potter's last book, 'The Cursed Child'.

I walked towards my bed and sat at the very end. Hearing the bed creak made me feel welcomed for some reason. I took notice of the moon's light. I can see bits of it and wondered how it would seem like if the room was darker. I decided to just close the lights so I stood up and walked towards the light switch and pressed the off button.

*Click*

As soon as I pressed it, the moon's light immediately filled my room. Building up a mysterious and secretive atmosphere around. Wanting to see more of the moon, I walked towards the window. As I got closer and closer, the moon became brighter and bigger at the same time. As soon as I got close, I saw a person's silhouette sitting by the balcony. 

“Father?” I wanted to get closer. I couldn't believe that such a stuck up, attention seeker like him would leave the ball just like that. I expected him to be the main host. Entertaining everyone, bragging about his newfound wealth. 

I saw him stood up and leaned on the terrace.

“What's he doing outside…?”
 
A few seconds later, he scrunched his face and held his chest tight, gripping his now crumpled up tuxedo. He fell on the ground with a thud. 

'' I turned around and ran as fast as I can. I know I don't like him but I still have my sense of morality. 

I, for sure know that he got shot. I'm no idiot when it comes to these. He's been asking me to come along with him through his gun training session-thingy. He's still my father so I always come along. I learned a few things too like how to properly use a gun, how to load one and how to hide it from the prying eyes of the media. I'm pretty sure he got shot by a silent gun.

I arrived at my late mother's room and hurriedly went to the veranda. There, I saw my step father layed down on the ground, swimming on his own blood. I checked his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter