Dry a tear for me

The fall of something beautiful

 

He stood outside, in the energetics of the thundering storm. Letting the rain cover him completely and soak into his skin. "GAAAH!" Jooheon yelled at the top of his lungs right into the storm. He fell to his knees giving up on anything that was worth fighting for. The purple sky responded with more lightning blocking the sound of a car behind him. Jooheon felt the grass under him form small stains on the knees of his trousers and the wind lightly brushing his hair. He closed his eyes and let one single tear fall down the soft skin of his cheek. Silence. Until someone rushed towards him screaming his name loudly. They placed their arms around him and tried carrying him up to his feet. This, someone, was Minhyuk. "Jooheon!" He said trying to outvoice the thunder. But the other boy was unable to respond, he was on the verge of puking. Minhyuk gave up on trying to help him up and instead placed his arms around the other boy, carrying him up into his arms and making his way towards the car. "Jooheon, Jooheon you have to stay awake" He repeated, once he had sat him down in the vehicle. "Please" He Jooheons hair, letting the hand move down his face to wipe the water away. Jooheon was beaten, with the last power he had he yanked forward and threw up. Minhyuk let out a sigh of relief feeling his friend snuggle into him. He could tell how much it had torn the younger one to even move.

Minhyuk made sure that Jooheon's seatbelt secured him before closing the door and getting into the driver's seat. The weather had somewhat cleared up, clouds opening up to reveal a beautiful, deep blue dawn. With just the slightest of stars still shining brightly above them. He gently pressed the pedal to take them both away from the hills.  "Dear Jooheon-ah,  when you wake up from recovery, I will be there. And we will find Changkyun and leave, together. Promise me no more running, at least not until we're all gathered" He whispered softly, reaching to turn on the radio. High Hopes by Kodaline started playing, Minhyuk thought it had a lullaby sound to it.  "It'll be alright"

The car made its way to a small house right outside of a distant city with glowing lights. The house had a light sandy color to it, with a rose vine climbing up its right side. A red firebird was parked outside. And a dull tree covered one of the windows. Minhyuk drove off the highway and onto the dirt road.  He parked the car beside the other one and went over to where he had left Jooheon in the backseat. He placed his hands once again under his legs and spine to carry him inside the house. With his back, Minhyuk pressed up the door and walked inside. Jooheon's heavy eyelids opened with a flutter, he sleepily looked around to see the living room and hall and at last, he met Minhyuk's beautiful eyes. He sheepishly looked away and spoke with a sore voice. "Set me down" Minhyuk had to let the words sink in before deciding what to do. "No," He said after a while.  Even though Jooheon didn't want to admit it, he was a baby and needed help, just like any other human being. "You wouldn't be able to walk on your own" Jooheon was on his way to protesting but failed horribly when his stomach ached, forcing him to stay still. "You should've let the lightning struck me dead" He whispered. 

Minhyuk felt his heart slightly shatter. 

"Then I'd have to let it kill me as well, " It was a simple response. If Jooheon wanted to die, then he'd gladly join, but not until he had done everything in his power to avoid it happening. Jooheon's mouth shut and he let his eyes wander up to Minhyuk's again. This time Minhyuk didn't look at him but Jooheon could still feel those warm, caring eyes promising him that Minhyuk wasn't lying.  The stairs creaked as they walked up and towards the bedrooms.  Minhyuk pushed the wooden door up with a little bit of help from Jooheon. He was going to tell Jooheon not to use his powers when he was in this condition. But he was thankful anyway.

Psychokinesis was the gift Jooheon had been blessed with. To control things movement. Everyone in the house had some kind of power. Hyungwon was able to time travel. Shownu being incredibly strong. Kihyun being able to tell parts of the future. Wonho, who was able to hear at a super level and- then there was I.M ... who was gone. But he had powers. He could control someone just by thinking of them. And Minhyuk... he hadn't figured out what made him special yet. After I.M's disappearance, Jooheon had craved all his attention. There were many nights when he could hear Jooheon weep, and there were many nights where he sat by his door humming until there wasn't the slightest sound of a cry. The other's had given up on Changkyun, they said he was dead. Even Kihyun couldn't see him in the future.

Minhyuk placed Jooheon on the bed and drag the covers up to his waist. He looked at the empty bed on the other side. It was I.M's bed. Jooheon wanted it to stay the way it had been when he had gotten up that morning. The morning when Changkyun had woken up and smiled at him. When everything was normal. Minhyuk knew what Jooheon's answer would be but he still wanted to ask. "Do you want me to stay?" He asked. Jooheon was quiet and turned the other way. Minhyuk nodded and headed for the door again, when- "Yeah..." He heard Jooheon say. "Yeah?" He asked turning around. Jooheon looked at him. "Yeah" Minhyuk took off his sweater and moved towards Changkyuns bed. "No..." Jooheon tried. Minhyuk looked at him, yet again turning around. "With me," He said after a while. Minhyuk did as Jooheon wished and laid down beside him. 

The morning went on with Jooheon laying on the left side of the bed and Minhyuk at the right. backs against each other. 'Til Jooheon turned around and placed his head to Minhyuk's back. They stayed like that, both half awake. Just feeling everything calm down. "I'm sorry... I don't want to die" Jooheon whispered.  

...

"I know"