Not so Brilliant

The Not So Brilliant Plan

A/N: Hi everyone, Seulrene day oneshot almost didn’t happen, but thanks to my amazing friend and her suggestion we luckily have something. It’s about Seulgi feeling a bit neglected from her gf Joohyun who’s a bit busy these days. She fakes an accident pretends she’s a kid and gains her attention, hope it’s okay, enjoy.


 

Kang Seulgi likes to think she’s above needing her girlfriend Bae Joohyun’s attention. She isn’t some weak human that can’t function without her usually attentive girlfriend’s attention. This isn’t entirely true because as of late Joohyun has been quite busy with work, and in turn spending less time with Seulgi. The monolid woman is feeling much like an afterthoughts these days, and it’s starting to get to her. Gone are the days where she and Joohyun would have fun, random dates. The times where Joohyun would listen to her every word are gone too, and now Seulgi hears completely different words.

 

“Seul, not now babe. I have work to do.”

 

“Oh, Seul, sorry I’m busy. Can we talk later?”

 

“Sorry, sweetie. I wasn’t paying attention. What were you doing?”

 

It’s a long way from those times she had her girlfriend’s full attention on her. Seulgi doesn’t want to just go to Joohyun and tell her what’s going on. She does understand that Joohyun is busy and has just recently been promoted. At the same time she really misses having Joohyun to herself. It’s why she has a plan, but she will only carry out this plan if it’s completely necessary. Seulgi first plans to gauge the reaction of her other half and then determine the necessary course. Right now her raven-haired girlfriend is preparing for work, and that usually consists of many things. Seulgi watches from their bed as Joohyun gathers up her important documents, phone, wallet, keys, and places them into her bag. She is moving about from one end of the bedroom to the other. Seulgi decides now is the time to start.

 

“Hyunnie!” She shouts. “I’ve cut my finger and I’m bleeding!” The brunette cries out in alarm, hoping for Joohyun to drop everything and see to her.

 

“That’s nice sweetie. I need to get going, I’ll see you later.”

 

“I could be dying over here!”

 

She’s exaggerating as she isn’t even bleeding in the first place. Joohyun simply replies with she’ll see her later, and the next thing Seulgi hears is the door closing. Well, that didn’t work at all. The monolid woman sighs as she knows later she’ll have to go into her plan. It’s a bit drastic, but Seulgi feels as if she doesn’t have much choice in the matter. She really misses her girlfriend and so she knows what she must do. Today she has the day off which gives her the time she needs to put her plan in motion. It’s not anything elaborate by any means. Seulgi is only going to fake an accident and pretend to be a helpless child in order to get Joohyun to spend some time with her. It’s not the worst thing ever, right?

 

The brunette considered her options carefully. She didn’t want to fake anything too serious, because she doesn’t want for Joohyun to be more worried than necessary. Seulgi just needs something to cause enough worry. She eventually decided on an accident that would most likely end up as something that could happen to her. It’s no secret that the monolid woman can be a bit clumsy. Joohyun likes to occasionally tease how clumsy she finds her girlfriend, and that if it weren't for her Seulgi would be hurt often. Seulgi just needs to do this one thing in order to have Joohyun pay attention.

 

“I can’t believe I’m really about to do this.” She thinks to herself. Seulgi waits until Joohyun is on her lunch hour before calling her.

 

“Hey, baby. What’s up?” Joohyun answers.

 

“Hyun, hey. I was calling to ask….oh ….” Seulgi shouts in her best terrified voice and takes what sounds like a tumble down the stairs. Joohyun right away gives her the reaction she was expecting.

 

“Seul, oh my god. Did you just fall down the stairs?”

 

Seulgi doesn’t answer because she’s busy really falling down the stairs. Of course, she has practiced enough before hand to not really get herself but so hurt. Joohyun is on the line worriedly asking her if she’s okay.

 

“Babe talk to me.”

 

The only sounds she hears is what sounds like groans of pain. Joohyun immediately tells her she’s on her way home. The call ends and Seulgi sits up at the bottom of the stairs. She thanks god she practiced this silly plan ahead of time. The brunette isn’t really all that hurt. She does need to create the illusion that she’s hurt though. Seulgi hurries to some buttons on her shirt. She creates the illusion of bruises and dishelves her hair just enough to make it look like she did get roughed up pretty badly. Joohyun will probably be home in about 15 or 20 minutes tops. It gives her enough time to be passed out at the bottom of the stairs for when her girlfriend arrives through the door.

 

She heard how worried Joohyun was about her, and sure it probably is a dirty trick to play in this case. Seulgi knows she will also apologize profusely for playing such a trick too, but for now she better get ready for when Joohyun does come home. The raven most certainly is on her way home, having left the office in a rush when she ended the call with Seulgi. The raven knows how clumsy her girlfriend is, but to fall down the stairs in their place is an entirely different level.

 

“God, I hope she isn’t too badly hurt.”

 

Joohyun doesn’t know what she’s going to find when she gets home. From the sound of the background noise Seulgi must have fell from the top of the stairs.

 

“Oh, my poor bear.” She thinks to herself. Seulgi never answered her either. It’s only making the raven that much more nervous about what she might find. When the raven does get home it’s to find Seulgi at the bottom of the stairs looking unconscious, and she hurries over to her.

 

“Seul, baby. Can you hear me?” Joohyun gently lifts up her head without moving the rest of her. Seulgi is not unconscious but Joohyun doesn’t know that yet. The brunette waits for the perfect time to open her eyes. She can’t open them but so quickly or her girlfriend will become suspicious. Seulgi opens her eyes soon and blinks repeatedly. Joohyun looks relieved to see those warm, monolid eyes staring into her own.

 

“Hey, are you okay? How’d you manage to fall down the stairs.”

 

Now is the time to enact the next part of the plan. She needs to be convincing here, otherwise everything will be for nothing.

 

“Hyunnie, I sorry. I didn’t mean to fall down the stairs.” Seulgi makes herself sound like a very young child.

 

“What?” The raven blinks in confusion.

 

“Please don’t be mad at me.”

 

“Does she think she’s a kid?” The raven wonders to herself. Seulgi gets up suddenly and apologizes again.

 

“Ddeulgi is sorry.”

 

“Oh my god. She does think she’s a kid.”

 

Joohyun gets up and gently touches her cheeks. “Seul, sweetie. How old are you?”

 

“I am…” Seulgi counts on her fingers. “I am 6 years old.”

 

“Seul.” Joohyun sighs.

 

“You’re not mad, right?” Seulgi suddenly hugs her and leans her head into her shoulder in an adorable manner. Joohyun almost can’t believe what’s happening. Seulgi is looking at her in such a nervous, childlike manner that it makes Joohyun feel all soft inside. She hugs Seulgi and promises she’s not upset.

 

“Okay, Seul. It looks like I’m going to have to take care of you, at least until you come out of whatever this is.”

 

Seulgi gives a cute nod, but inside she is internally cheering. She almost can’t believe it worked. Joohyun is looking at her just like she used to. The raven has so much concern in her eyes. Almost right away Joohyun goes into protective mode and watches her girlfriend like a hawk. Anytime Seulgi moves she is steps behind her making sure she’s not going to get herself hurt in anyway.

 

“Hyunnie, what’s this?” Seulgi gestures to the hot stove and pretends like she is about to touch the stove.

 

“No!” Joohyun screams and pulls her hand back. She doesn’t need Seulgi to go burning herself. “Seul, don’t touch that.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You can get hurt. It’s very hot, so please stay away from it.”

 

“Okay, because Hyunnie told me to.” She smiles with eyes forming crescents Joohyun loves so. The situation might not be ideal, but her girlfriend is always just about the most adorable thing ever. For Seulgi she mostly sits back and enjoys all the constant attention. Joohyun makes her food and sits with her while she watches mindless cartoons. Seulgi plays it up well and acts like some clingy child. She leans into Joohyun and snuggles up close to her.

 

“Hyunnie you the best.”

 

“Ah, thank you, Seul. Hey, so you’ll be okay if I leave for a minute. I kind of need to make some calls.”

 

Seulgi looks at her like she’s about to start crying. The monolid woman bites down on her lower lip and puffs up her cheeks to make it look like she’s going to have a complete meltdown.

 

“Oh, no…” Joohyun thinks worriedly. She doesn’t think her girlfriend has ever been that tantrum-having child when she was a kid, but just the same the raven doesn’t think she wants to deal with a tantrum now.

 

“You can’t leave me!” She whines and the fact that she’s whining throws Joohyun off. It’s very rarely Seulgi will actually whine.

 

“Seul, I’ll be…”

 

“No, no…” The brunette shakes her head and holds onto the shorter woman for dear life. “Don’t leave.”

 

Joohyun sighs but agrees to stay. On one hand she isn’t really opposed to the clinginess. Seulgi In generally is not a clingy person, at least not compared to herself. She thinks it’s been awhile since they’ve even sat on the couch like this together. Joohyun knows she’s been busy with work, and has been hoping things would slow down soon, as she knows she’s not been spending as much time with Seulgi as she could, or rather as much as she used to. Joohyun leans over and kisses the side of her forehead.

 

“Seul, I know you don’t want me to go, but I really need to make a phone call to work. I’m going to ask for a few days off, just so I can make sure you’re fine.”

 

“Okay, Hyunnie.”

 

“I’ll be right back.”

 

Seulgi nods and waves her goodbye. She still can’t believe how brilliant the plan is going so far. Seulgi is feeling so confident she has the urge to call her best friend Sooyoung to brag how it’s going. Sooyoung once told her that plan was idiotic and it would surely fail. Seulgi runs off for their bedroom to make the call. After all, she’s a 6-year-old right now, and they don’t use phones, right? She dials Sooyoung and hopes she picks up.

 

“Haha in your face, Soo!” She thinks triumphantly. The phone rings for several long minutes. Seulgi is thinking perhaps Sooyoung won’t answer the phone when finally a yawn is what she’s met with.

 

“Yo, Seul, what’s up?”

 

“Jesus, why do you sound like you died or something.”

 

“It’s because I almost did die!”

 

“W-what!” Seulgi pauses. She hopes to god this is just one of Sooyoung’s dramatic moments. Then again if she really did almost die.

 

“Soo! Are you okay? What the hell happenend?”

 

She hears a familiar cackle on the other end. “I’m just messing with you. I didn’t almost die. What do you want? Did Joohyun finally leave you?”

 

“She wouldn’t leave me! I know Yeri is planning to dump you soon though, so you should worry about your own relationship.”

 

“What!” Sooyoung shouts and damn near falls down on the ground. She doesn’t know what Seulgi is talking about, but she damn sure wants some answers, or someone’s going to die. Seulgi does her best to not laugh or give anything away.

 

“What do you mean she’s about to break up with me! Seul, you better give me answers. Who has to die?”

 

Seulgi can’t hide her laughter then and cracks up at the overreaction of the younger girl.

 

“She’s not, calm down.”

 

“Oh, okay then. Well, what the hell do you want?”

 

“You remember the plan I told you about.”

 

“The stupid one of pretending you’re a kid?”

 

“Yes, well guess what. The plan you said was so stupid is working. I have Hyun’s attention all to myself and you said it was stupid.”

 

“It is stupid!” Sooyoung reminds her. “It’ll never really work.”

 

“Hey!”

 

Seulgi pauses because she swears she hears Joohyun calling her name. She tells Sooyoung she has to go and ends the call quickly, but not before hearing her friend tell her again it’s a stupid plan. Seulgi throws the phone somewhere and then runs to where she heard Joohyun.

 

“Hyunnie?”

 

“Oh, there you are. Where’d you run off to?”

 

“I went to play.” Seulgi tells her, and hopes she is still being cool convincing. The brunette thinks she’ll just keep this going for the rest of the day, and wake up as her usual self. She doesn’t want to take full advantage of the situation here, after all Joohyun is missing work for this.

 

“Okay, well are you hungry? I was about to make us some dinner.”

 

“Yes! I’m so hungry.” The taller woman rubs her stomach for emphasis. Joohyun laughs and takes her by the hand.

 

“Let’s see about getting you something to eat, alright?”

 

The entire time Joohyun tries to go about cooking. She runs into difficulties because someone is hanging all over her. Seulgi keeps hugging her almost every chance she gets. The monolid woman pulls on her sleeves a few times to get her attention.

 

“Seul, not that this isn’t nice and all. I kind of need to cook.”

 

“Hyunnie, want me to leave her alone?” Seulgi says it in the saddest tone she can possibly muster. It works as expected and Joohyun hugs her. She promises her that she will spend more time with her after cooking. Seulgi nods and goes to sit in the living room. The brunette hopes that watching some TV will distract her from how hungry she is. Joohyun comes over soon with a can of Pringles, and Seulgi tries not to look in anyway overly excited.

 

“Hey, do you want some Pringles?”

 

“P-Pringles?” She sounds out as if this is the first time she’s hearing about her most beloved snack. Joohyun is looking at her and studying her reactions.

 

“Yes, would you like some Pringles?” The raven asks again. When Seulgi doesn’t say anything for a long moment. Joohyun decides to take matters into her own hands and decide for her.

 

“I guess you don't want them. Pringles are for big kids I think.”

 

“No! I want them, give them to me!” Seulgi breaks character then and tries to grab the container out of her hand. She realizes then she has messed up and tries to get back into the child character she’s been using all day.

 

“Can I have some pretty please?”

 

“Okay, because you said pretty please.” Joohyun smiles and pinches one of her cheeks. She then proceeds to take out 4 chips. Seulgi looks down at the 4 measly chips like it must be a joke. What in the world is she supposed to do with 4 chips, which doesn’t even qualify as a snack.

 

“What the hell does she want me to do with 4 chips?” Seulgi thinks to herself.

 

“Is there something wrong, Seulgi-yah?”

 

“Uh, yes there’s something wrong. What the hell is four chips going to do?” It’s what Seulgi is internally thinking, but of course she isn’t about to say something like that. She plants on a smile and shakes her head saying everything is fine.

 

“Good girl!” The raven beams. “If you keep being good. You’ll get four more after dinner.”

 

“Four more!” Seulgi’s mind rages. She is about to open to protest, but is silenced when she gets hugged by her girlfriend. It’s such a loving and warm hug like normal, before Joohyun become so busy with work.

 

“You know I love you, right?” The shorter woman tells her.

 

“I love you, Hyunnie.”

 

It was surely a nice moment. In fact, it was a very touching moment. Seulgi thought her girlfriend loved her more than anything. The monolid woman would have bet on everything she loved that Joohyun loved her. Seulgi is doubting that love seriously when she sees the amounts of vegetables on her plate. She can’t believe more than half of her plate is vegetables. The brunette feels sick to her stomach by the amounts of bright greens staring back at her. Joohyun looks up from her own plate with a questioning look.

 

“Sweetie, is there something wrong with your dinner.”

 

“Yes! Why are there so many damn vegetables.” Seulgi of course doesn’t actually say that. She clears and tries to mask her disappointment.

 

“Too many vegetables.” Seulgi frowns.

 

“You have to eat your veggies. How else do you expect to be a strong grown up.”

 

Seulgi is about to lose her mind. She can either confess she’s been faking the entire time, and risk all the remainder of Joohyun’s loving attention, or she can risk her life by eating vegetables.

 

“I don’t wanna!”

 

“Seul, you have to eat your vegetables.” Joohyun remains calm, and sounding like any adult dealing with some unruly child. Seulgi think if this has taught her anything. Her girlfriend is going to be one hell of a mom.

 

“I don’t wanna!”

 

“If you want dessert you’ll eat them.”


 

Seulgi has been threatened with something else she loves which is sweets. She picks up her chopsticks and begins to eat the disgusting vegetables. She’s so focused on finishing as much of them that seulgi doesn’t see the small smile on Joohyun’s face. After her torture she is rewarded with cake and ice cream, so at least one good thing came out of having to eat vegetables.

 

“Good girl, sweetie.” Joohyun smiles as she feeds her bite after bite of cake and ice cream. Now this part Seulgi loves. She’s eating dessert and is getting fed by her significant other. This is really all she wanted was some quality time with her girlfriend. After dessert Joohyun tells her they can watch one movie before it’s time for bed. Seulgi agrees and picks some random animation, because she’s not really going to watch the film. Her real goal is to snuggle on the couch with Joohyun, so who cares what movie is on.

 

“Did you have fun today?” Joohyun asks.

 

“I had lots of fun.”

 

“That’s great, Seul.”

 

The monolid woman gets to cuddle up to her girlfriend as she wanted, and they both end up dozing off on the couch. Joohyun wakes up first and gently shakes her girlfriend awake.

 

“Seul, wake up.”

 

“Five more minutes…”

 

“Well, she’s got the kid part down alright.” Joohyun thinks.

 

“Sweetie, wake up it’s time to take a bath and get ready for bed.”

 

“Okay…” Seulgi yawns one more time and gets up. Joohyun offers to help her bathe and get ready for bed. Seulgi declines and says she can do it herself. While in the tub the brunette decides she will be honest and tell her girlfriend she’s been faking the entire time. She just hopes that she won’t die after telling the truth. When she comes to bed later on dressed in pajamas. She finds Joohyun already in her pajamas.

 

“Seul, hey are you ready for bed? Would you like a bedtime story and some hot chocolate?”

 

Seulgi stands there complementing the idea of hot chocolate and even the bedtime story doesn’t sound half bad.

 

“Well, actually hot chocolate would be…” The monolid woman stops as she catches the way Joohyun is staring at her with eyebrow raised. Seulgi laughs nervously and runs her fingers through her dark locks.

 

“Do you have something to tell me?”

 

It takes all but a few seconds for Seulgi to jump onto the bed and grab Joohyun into a hug.

 

“Okay, I confess this was all an act. I was only pretending to be a kid because I just missed you so much, Hyunnie. I know it was wrong to deceive you in such a way, but I was blinded by my need for your attention, and I’m really so sorry. Please don’t kill me!”

 

She closes her eyes shut and prays she won’t be hit, smacked, slapped, kicked out of bed, or punished in some cruel and unusual way. What she didn’t expect to hear is laughing.

 

“You’re laughing?”

 

“Yes, Seul. Did you really think I didn’t know?”

 

“What!” Seulgi shouts. “Are you for real?”

 

“Of course, not at first. I was really worried about you. I thought you were hurt, Seul.” Joohyun tells her with disappointment. She does understand why Seulgi did this, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t a little upset.

 

“I’m sorry, Hyun. I know it was stupid.”

 

“I just wish you would have talked to me first. I know I’ve been busy lately.”

 

“Yeah, but that’s hardly your fault. You just got the promotion.”

 

Joohyun gives a nod and plants a soft kiss on the side of her face. She doesn’t want for Seulgi to feel really neglected. Her having new responsibilities at work will be a bit of an adjustment for them. Seulgi softly apologizes to her again.

 

“I’m really sorry.”

 

“I know.” The raven nods and kisses her lips again. “You just missed me.”

 

“I really missed you.”

 

Joohyun uses the time to properly hug her. She whispers to Seulgi that it’s okay and she’s not angry. The raven really does understand why her girlfriend did what she did. She just finds it kind of surprising Seulgi would go this far.

 

“You pretended to be a child just to get my attention.”

 

“Yeah, I know it was…”

 

“Silly, but also sweet. I love you.”

 

Seulgi smiles and thanks her again for not being too upset with her.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“I’ll do better about spending more time with you. I know there has been times I’ve really ignored you, but not intentionally.”

 

Seulgi does know it was never anything intentional. Most of all the monolid woman knows that Joohyun loves her no matter what.

 

“I know, Hyunnie.”

 

“Tell you what. I’ve already taken these few days off. How about we get out of Seoul for a bit? How about Jeju?”

 

“It sounds great.”

 

“Okay, we’ll do that. I will say your extra clinginess was something I really appreciated.”

 

Seulgi nods and gives a slight chuckle. She knew Joohyun would love the extra clingy behavior.

 

“I knew you’d appreciate it.”

 

“I did, you silly bear. Are you ready for bed?”

 

“Yea, it’s been a long day.”

 

The couple pull back the covers and lay down in bed. Joohyun cuddles up to her this time. She leans into her and plants another kiss to her lips.

 

“Hey, baby?”

 

“Yes, Hyun?”

 

“You know I love you, right?”

 

“I know. I love you too.”

 

“I love you, but if you ever do something like this again. You’ll be punished with more than vegetables.”

 

“Haha.” Seulgi laughs. “I understand.”

 

The brunette gets another kiss, despite the threat. Seulgi is glad she had a full undisturbed day with her girlfriend. She thinks maybe the plan wasn’t as brilliant as she originally hoped, but at the same time Seulgi thinks she would do it all over again if it meant spending time with the woman she loves.

 

“Thanks to the not so brilliant plan.”


 

A/N: Hi so I am honestly struggling a bit with my writing due to certain health reasons. I did try my best and I’m unsure if this was decent enough, was it lacking, did you guys still enjoy? I don’t know but either way Happy Seulrene day everyone. Or rather I have a fan name for you guys if your fans of mine:  My Moonlight’s :)