Finish

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The eight-years old girl, Chou Hee Jin was watching cartoon at living room, and beside her there is an older version of her. The little Chou snuggled deep into her mother’s embrace and only get herself engulfed in warmness. Chou Tzuyu, the older woman smiled at her child’s action, she wrapped her arms around and her little girl’s hair.
 

“Mama?” The little girl called.

 

“Yes sweetie?” Tzuyu answered while looking at her daughter.

 

“How’d you met Mommy?” Tzuyu can sense the curiousity on her eyes. Tzuyu smiled immediately and sit properly so she can tell the stories.

 

“I was having a really bad day when i met her.” Tzuyu started.

 

(A/N): italics means flashback

Tzuyu just lost three patient that day in fifteen hours, and also it’s the same day when she meet her wife. She felt stressed because she can’t handled her job properly. It supposed to be not stranger to her, when saving people’s lives. But she just blew it away. It reminded her; nobody’s perfect and bad things always occur in life, no matter how lucky you are.

 

Tzuyu was sitting on sidewalk in front of her house, when she met her wife.

 

Actually her wife, Sana, stumbled on her. Literally.

 

“!” Tzuyu hissed in pain, as her hands flew to her side crading her pain.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” The person said. Something clattered behind Tzuyu, but she can’t noticed it due to her pain. A soft run through her arm, wish it could lessen the pain. And another one go unnoticed on Tzuyu’s back.

 

“What the ?! Can you watch where you’re ing going?” everybody knows how Tzuyu always uttering those sharp words of , furthemore when she’s really pissed. Tzuyu cracked her eyes open and saw indeed a beautiful woman in front of her. Long black hair with pointy nose as her identic. But then Tzuyu’s eyes landed on the pink looking lips, it’s curved a sad smile on it. It’s the same like one of the patient she lost today.

 

“I would love to. But . . .” The woman gentle voice faded as she pull her hands away. Tzuyu feel bad to herself, so much that makes her want to punch herself. “I’m uh. . blind.” The woman continued.

 

She went away with her cane roaming around. Tzuyu wanted to stop her, she want to apologize to that beautiful woman, but her feets keep her on place.

 

*flashback end*

 

“Mama that was mean!” The hazel eyes glared at her. Tzuyu chuckled as she kissed her daughter’s cheek. Tzuyu knows that her daughter always been protective to both her and Sana. And don’t ask where she got this trait from (of course it’s Tzuyu’s).

 

Tzuyu remember there was a time when Hee Jin was bullied because she has two mommies, that only makes her furious and punch the hell out the bullies. Tzuyu even got called to the principal, and got a report that Hee Jin broke one of the bullies’ nose. Well Tzuyu secretly proud of that. Hee Jin owned all of Tzuyu’s traits, but the look completely took Sana’s. Execpt for the skin colour

 

“I know sweetie, and i’m still sorry about what i said back then.”

 

“Until now?”

 

“Until now.” Tzuyu nodded only earned a satisfied smile by the little girl.

 

“So did you see her again?”

 

***

 

It’s been two weeks since the accident. Tzuyu always find herself stared outside her house, secretly hoping she could meet the beautiful girl again. She still feel guilty eating up her inside.

 

She sighed as she went to sleep, tried to forget it all but only knows she failed in the end.

 

***

 

“You’re kind of , you know that?” Chaeyoung, Tzuyu’s bestfriend her told her that the next 2 days.

 

“Yeah well, you are too. Otherwise you wouldn’t be sitting on leather seat and your big desk and cutting every editor who’s stupid enough to reject what you’ve written without looking at it first.”

 

“At least, i didn’t tell a blind person to watch where they’re going.”

 

Currently they were in ther regular café.

 

“What’s with her really? Why’s she different from everyone you’ve ed out on?” Tzuyu just rolled her eyes at her bestfriend’s question.

 

“Hell like i know.” Tzuyu said as she put her head on table.

 

Maybe because she’s blind? Or maybe because of her beautiful smile that Tzuyu can’t get it out of mind.

 

“I don’t know. This is stupid” Tzuyu muttered.

 

“What is?” Chaeyoung asked as her eyes studying Tzuyu closely. “You like her?”

 

“That’s non-sense, we only had 30 second of interactions.”

 

“Well i don’t know, but let’s face it Chou. From what i’ve known, you were never felt sorry for anyone you ed on. Heck, guilty isn’t even in your vocabulary. And that makes sense the girl is special for you.”

 

Tzuyu raised her head and faced her bestfriend. “I don’t know, maybe i finally growing a heart.” Then she groaned and run her hand through her hair, attempt to get rid of the certain hazel eyes girl.

 

“Good morning Sana. The usual?” the barista asked

 

“Please, and thank you Jeong.” That voice sounds similiar to her, she look up and search for the source.

 

“.” Tzuyu cursed, as Chaeyoung look at her confusedly.Chaeyoung sense Tzuyu being panicked at the time and she was looking nowhere but at a girl. Chaeyoung folllows her eyes only to find a good looking girl in white t-shirt, blue jeans and sneakers on.

 

“seriously?” Chaeyoung blurted out.

 

“Shut up Chaeng.”

 

***

 

“Then what happend Mama? Did you greet her?” Hee Jin asked eagerily, Tzuyu chuckled at her daughter. “Patient baby, you’ll know later.”

 

***

 

“What the hell? She was right there! Go get your pride up and apologize.” Chaeyoung said as she tried to keep to Tzuyu’s strides. “Tzu!”

 

Tzuyu stopped and grab Chaeyoung’s hand and put it in her chest, “Feel it.” Chaeyoung can feel how fast Tzuyu’s heartbeat is, it’s like she was being chased by a rabies dog.

 

“okay Tzuyu look at me!” Tzuyu look at her bestfriend. “You have to breath slowly, no need to be panic okay? You’re going to be okay.” Tzuyu nodded. Then she keeps her breathing normally.

 

“Do you believe in soulmate?” Chaeyoung asked out of sudden.

 

“ you smol, you asked me this only to mocked my single life. You lucky you’re already meet Mina.”

 

“Eh. . i know.” Chaeyoung smirked.

 

***

 

Tzuyu can see a big smile plastered on her daughter’s face.

 

“Mama, what’s a soulmate?” Tzuyu thought of it for a while, not sure what to answer.

 

“Your soulmate is a person that made for you. Like when you eat oatmeal and cereal, you feel complete when you’re with them. And the person could changed

you into a better person. For example, me, i wasn’t a good person back then. But after meet your Mama, she changed me to be better person.

 

“So, auntie Chaeyoung already knows that Mommy is your soulmate?”

 

“Yes. And please don’t tell her about this okay? This has to be a secret between us.” Hee Jin nodded and promise won’t spill out the secret.

 

“So, so, so! I want to know mowr Mama.”

 

***

 

Tzuyu finds herself in front of the café, hoping secretly Sana will show up. she’s been standing outside for more than an hour, she actually about to give up, but then she catch a glimpse of the black hair girl. So she braced herself to approaching the girl. She watched as Sana walked slowly, tapping the cement as she goes with her cane.

 

She watched as Sana a couple feets away from the glass door. She carefully lift her cane and tapping the wall first before reached for the door. Tzuyu saw this and managed to open the door for her.

 

“Here.” Tzuyu muttered quietly. She was afraid of Sana will recognized her voice. Sana turned and whispered a soft thank you. Tzuyu stand still have her legs turn into jelly.

 

She lets Sana walked in first, before she closed the door. She can saw through the glass door Sana was orders her hot chocolate, Tzuyu can’t help but smiled.

Before she knows, it became a routine.

 

For a week, Tzuyu would find herself in front of the same café, looking forward to open the door for a certain black haired girl. She did know it was kinda creepy.

But it was addicting, and by that she means, she got to have Sana smiled at her as thanks.

 

But something’s bothered her, what if she did apologized and it’s all ended? She could just lost ten-seconds-interaction with Sana.

But on the eighth-day, she was cursed herself quietly, because she forgot it’s Saturday. Sana perhaps won’t come today.

 

But Sana did come.

 

She walked with that smile, that never fails to make Tzuyu’s heart fluttered. She came with her usual jeans and sneakers, what’s different is only her t-shirt. Tzuyu chuckled. ‘she can wears all clothes but still look pretty as always’.

 

Tzuyu moved to the side of the door and open the door for Sana. As usual, she didn’t say anything. But unknowingly to her, Sana did know that it is the same person who always opened the door for her.

 

“Thank you Stranger.” Sana said softly. Tzuyu was kind of glad that Sana can’t saw her red cheeks now. Tzuyu waits for Sana to get inside, but she stood stiil.

 

“Uhm . . aren’t you going inside?” Tzuyu asked quietly as she could.

 

“You know, you can just apologize right?” Tzuyu felt her heart stopped.

 

“Wh-what?” Tzuyu stuttered out.

 

“We’ve met. You were on the sidewalk and i stumbled on you because i wasn’t expecting anyone to be there.”

 

“Are you sure you’re blind?” . Tzuyu needs to controlled her savage-mouth. “I’m sorry.” But suprisingly Sana chuckled.

 

“Everbody has speciall scent, and i recognized your scent on the first day you opened the door for me.”. Tzuyu officially feels like a creep right now.

 

“I’m sorry, i’m just gonna go now.” Tzuyu was ready to walked away but Sana stopped her.

 

“Wait.” Sana said as she tried to reach for Tzuyu’s hands, and she did grab it. And Tzuyu feels this weird feelings in her stomach when their hands touched. “It’s

okay. You’re just gonna make it up for me.”

 

Tzuyu was confused. “Will you come inside with me?’ i’d really like to have some hot chocolates with you.” Sana invited. Tzuyu was glad to accept it, so she nodded. And she slapped her forehead when she realized that Sana can’t see her nods.

 

“Okay.” Tzuyu answered. Sana squeeze her hand as if she knew Tzuyu was freak out.

 

“So stranger, what’s your name?”

 

“Chou Tzuyu.” Her voice seems to comfort Sana, as she can felt Sana’s grip on her become soften. “And you’re Sana.” Okay, Tzuyu needs to shut , she sounded like a real creep now.

 

“And i’m Sana.” Sana smiled softly. “So Tzuyu, what do you want to order? It’s on me, and i’d decline any rejections.”

There’s something when Sana said her name, Tzuyu thinks it’s kinda cute and she might want to hear it over and over again. Also, Tzuyu is not in the position to reject Sana’s offer.

 

***

Hee Jin smiled at her Mama widely, that only makes Tzuyu smiled too and pulled her into a hug and kissed her repeatedly. Both of them then pulled away when they heard the doorbell rings. Tzuyu and Hee Jin go open the door only to reveal her wife, Sana.

 

“Mommy.” Hee Jin wrapped her around Sana only make her to be lift by Sana.

 

“Hello Angel. How was your day with Mama?” Sana asked as she kissed her daughter’s cheeks.

 

“It was fun. Mama was telling me stories.”

 

“Hey babe.” Tzuyu went to her wife and pecked her lips.

 

“Hey Chou.” Tzuyu look up only to saw her bestfriend, Chaeyoung, along with her wife, Mina.

 

“Hello Chaeyoung, Mina” Tzuyu hugged them one by one.

 

After they all enter the house, Chaeyoung, Mina, and Hee Jin continued to watched the TV. Meanwhile Tzuyu and Sana, were having make out sessions. Because, since when a peck is enough for both of them.

 

“You know, Hee Jin asked the question today.” Tzuyu said as she pulled away from Sana but still remain on top of her wife.

 

“Did you have fun telling him i kicked you on the ribs?” Sana knews that her wife been waiting for ths moment to come around, when their child asked how did they two met.

 

“She glared at me when i told you what i have told you back then.”

 

“She’s your daughter, alright.” Sana chuckled.

“She’s our chid. Ours, Sana.” Tzuyu corrected.

Currently they were on table and eating dinner together. When they all finished, the older ones laughed at Hee Jin when she was telling storied about her adventure at school.

“So Chaeng, when will you give Hee Jin a cousin?” Tzuyu teased. Mina blushed furiously while Chaeyoung spill out water on .

 

“You’re cleaning that Chaeyoung.” Sana warned.

 

“Yeah auntie, i want a cousin. Please make it.” Hee Jin pleaded easily.

“W-we’ll see.” Chaeyoung answered.

 

“Yo, Chou. Jr.” A 16-years old Hee Jin scowled at the nickname. “Hey aunt Jeongyeon.”

 

So it’s Thanksgiving and the Chou household are full of people now. Heejin can see, the Michaeng couple, along with Jeongyeon’s wife, Nayeon, were playing with their childs. Meanwhile Momo was eating with her wife and her daughter. And her mothers? Well, they were nowhere to be found, and Hee Jin knows but prevent that thoughts of what her parents might be doing.

 

“what’s up kiddo?”

 

“Nothing auntie.” Unfornately, Jeongyeon can read Hee Jin like a book, it’s like Jeongyeon is also her parent.

 

“So who do you like?” Jeongyeon smirked when she saw Hee Jin flushed. “Is he handsome?”

 

“She’s hot.”

 

“Is she smart?”

 

“Straight A’s student.”

 

“You ask her out yet?” Hee Jin only shook her head. “She’s different.”

 

“How is it?”

 

“She’s my bestfriend. I can’t just ask her out yet, because she’s still heartbroken because of her former boyfriend cheated on her. I’m scared if i only make her hurts more.” Jeongyeon slapped her head playfully.

 

“Ask her out already. Yeah sure you’re going to hurt her, but you can also make her happy with you loving her. Nobody’s perfect you know?.” Hee Jin gives Jeongyeon a small smile. “You know, your Mama had a similiar problem with you.”

 

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, Chaeng and i had to knock some sense into her.”

 

***

 

“Just ask her out already!” Chaeyoung said exasperated. Tzuyu runs her hand on her face frustratedly. “It’s complcated okay!”

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. “No, it’s not. You’re the one who make it more complicated. You like her and she to seems like you too. You have breakfast together for almost 3 months now. You’re closer to her than you thought. The only you’re going to do is eat dinner together with her, what’s complicated with it?”

 

“you don’t understand Chaeng.” Tzuyu said as she took another shot of her beer. They’re currently at some bar that their highschool’s bestfriend, Jeongyeon, owned.

 

“Tzuyu i agree with Chaeyoung.” Jeongyeon joined.

 

“Shut up you ostrich.”

 

“Aww come on Chou! What’s the problem? Why won’t you ask her out?”

 

“I’m not a good person. I’m a . She deserved a better person, not someone like me. My s are already too much for myself, there’s no way i’m going to drag her along with me. because she’s . . Sana, everything i can’t have.” Her friends would puked just to heard Tzuyu being so overreacted.

 

“Sana deserves what she wanted Tzuyu, and i know, you’d give everything you have just for her.” Jeongyeon said.

 

“Yes Tzuyu, don’t be so negative like that. And for God’s sake, everybody makes mistake. I have to admit it, even though you were a mean person back then, well still though, but actually you’re a good person. Trust me.” Chaeyoung assured.

 

“Really? Even when i told you all of you drawings are ugly?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter